1.4.5 Official Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please use this thread to give us some official feedback on V1.4.5 release

Saberist vs saberist and saberist vs gunner feedback will be especially helpful for the next release (@Tempest, I summon you!)

Please ensure you use bullet point format and not write long paragraphs, for example:

• Cyan swings are too fast, it's hard to PB them. Make Cyan more slow
  • I love the removal of nudge, dueling feels much better now!
  • Love the new models, but Jyn looks a bit too sad

Any unhelpful posts will be deleted.

Last edited:
Nudge doesn't have anything to do with stagger animations.
I know, but being able to nudge with red, for instance, and land a combo which also staggers you and you can't do anything about it - it's too powerful.
Without nudge red is kill, even if it gets stagger that cannot be countered. With nudge and stagger that cannot be countered red is OP. But with nudge and stagger that can be canceled by slap - it feels balanced.

I did notice with some skins that there were two Clone arcs that were duplicates one would show texture one wouldn't, there were also two Chewbacca w/ C3-P0
Also the Classic Reborn skin from JKO dosnt show for me, most likely a bug on my end but am curious why and how to fix perhaps? Over lapping files maybe?

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
I did notice with some skins that there were two Clone arcs that were duplicates one would show texture one wouldn't, there were also two Chewbacca w/ C3-P0
Also the Classic Reborn skin from JKO dosnt show for me, most likely a bug on my end but am curious why and how to fix perhaps? Over lapping files maybe?

- Uninstall any 3rd party replacement packs/mods if any til the authors fix them up (That includes my own pack too)
- Check integrity/repair by using your MBII launcher

Sorry if this is solely for feedback for what we already have, but I have some suggestions.
  1. There needs to be some sort of nudge. Perhaps it should require both duelists to be holding block? Maybe also require the blades to touch?
  2. This is somewhat biased given my playstyle, but I think chain hits should provide ACM gains, however greatly reduced. This goes in hand with the idea of "keep attacking to gain ACM, but don't over-abuse it", at least for me it looks better than "start a completely new attack to gain ACM". This would give the freedom to choose whether you want to keep spamming or try and work on gaining some more ACM.
  3. To bring back the pre V1.1 feeling of Yellow (could be applied to other styles as well), make 3 swing combos the mainstream, 4th having a much lesser window and 5th super difficult (near-impossible). So 3x is ez, 4th is pretty doable when you get used to it and 5th very difficult to time and to most not worth it (you lose BP for attempting it).
  4. It should be made sure that a duelist will not feel like switching to melee is somehow a good idea when the opponent performs a DFA/kata etc. It was always weird to me that melee had certain advantages over saber. You should be dead if you run into a saber without having one yourself.

Sorry if this is solely for feedback for what we already have, but I have some suggestions.
  1. There needs to be some sort of nudge. Perhaps it should require both duelists to be holding block? Maybe also require the blades to touch?
  2. This is somewhat biased given my playstyle, but I think chain hits should provide ACM gains, however greatly reduced. This goes in hand with the idea of "keep attacking to gain ACM, but don't over-abuse it", at least for me it looks better than "start a completely new attack to gain ACM". This would give the freedom to choose whether you want to keep spamming or try and work on gaining some more ACM.
  3. To bring back the pre V1.1 feeling of Yellow (could be applied to other styles as well), make 3 swing combos the mainstream, 4th having a much lesser window and 5th super difficult (near-impossible). So 3x is ez, 4th is pretty doable when you get used to it and 5th very difficult to time and to most not worth it (you lose BP for attempting it).
  4. It should be made sure that a duelist will not feel like switching to melee is somehow a good idea when the opponent performs a DFA/kata etc. It was always weird to me that melee had certain advantages over saber. You should be dead if you run into a saber without having one yourself.
don't really agree with any of that except point 4, re-adding nudge is such a bad idea it literally encourages more mindless playing and spam

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Tempest said:
Also, PB zones weren't touched this patch. Given that FP drains got janked up without being touched either, anything's possible though I guess (I personally haven't had any issues).
Just went and tested FP drains for comparison between 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 and they are the same for those that were wondering.

well.
sabering became better than in 1.4.4. obviously.
i know it's not complete so i will not say about negative sides like "defense is still kinda heavy and you need many swings to kill someone".
however now i see no random 2\3 bp hits from some nudging newbies. or defensive turtles whos walking back whole round and only pblocking and counter.

it's actually more like in 1.3 now which i prefer more than 1.4.4 ofcourse.
i saw ppl saying about ruining spam and etc.
i think they're just don't know how to deal with it since 1.4.4 was all about facehuging.

anyways good job so far. hope full version from Tempest will be awesome.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Ah. This is a decent update, but for as long as MB2 Exists we will never get ARC's Pistols fixed. Seriously you have to micromanage the F**k out of your running animation so it doesn't have arthritis and make miss all your shots. After that is fixed the shots are still a good four centimeters below where they should be.
The issue with dual pistol aiming + the misalignment of the shots vs where the crosshair aiming is something that hasn't gone unlooked at. There's other issues with crosshairs that I've also looked at so hopefully that'll come together relatively soon.

Bug report:

Falling to your death on Death Star makes your screen permablack, during both spectator mode and the following round.
I believe this is due to a derp on my part in attempting to fix a permablack screen bug involving the death pits. Should be working properly in the upcoming fix.

Red is incredibly underpowered right now. Good job.

Seriously can we not just pick one of the systems from bygone era and stick to it? xD
No offense but this kind of comment doesn't really accomplish anything. It was stated in the release post that I was aware there were going to be issues but it's still the lesser of evils all things considered. Red's due for some buffs so chill out please.

What i don't understand is why you removed nudge without tweaking other aspects of the game? I may be wrong and dumb but to me Red was useful because of the nudge fast hits, and nudge was your only way to kill a gunner nowadays with red.
Now Nudge is gone, it takes twenty hours to swing a red saber in which enemy can just pblock your ass or casually attack you without any problems because you WONT counter him unless he's slapped on the ground. Not to mention that nerfing force powers and removal of nudge against gunners makes it VERY hard to kill anything with a gun.
ALSO, force whore buffs when? You've been only nerfing them for the last few patches, come on.
As I've said quite a few times in various discussions, most of the latest stuff is about getting things to a better baseline rather than trying to keep throwing bandaid fixes/solutions at MB2 and being confused when things break/become OP/etcetcetc.

Thank you devs, it's been a while since I enjoyed saber fights this much. I'm happy like a kid in his birthday party.

I like the idea with mblock, that you can make counter attack with it. It will stimulate players to use it more frequently and not for disarm only.
I like that semi-pb is now removed and that means that there will be no more random pblocks and defensive playing style is now requires TRUE SKILL. I wouldn't say that I didn't like semi-pb at all, but it should have been reworked for sure. It's definitely better to remove it for now until the fresh idea comes on how to implement it properly in current gameplay.
I like that nudge was removed for the most part but there is one thing. If it's possible to add nudge against gunners then it must be implemented because it's the only way you can hit gunner with that stagger mechanic. Also I would give nudge for certain stances like red and purple but I would remove this "Fix: Can no longer slap to cancel stagger animations." feature then.
I like new model pack BUT PLEASE, I BEG YOU, BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION OF QUINLAN VOS! Seriously, this is the only thing that makes me sad about new patch. Make it both version, like with Plo Koon, but bring back these soulful songs.

Also one thought on balancing duel mod. I think that 3-4 hit combos must gain less AP. It can be dealt with in another approach. For example mblock counters can also reduce AP points more significantly. I think if combos wouldn't gain AP so fast it wouldn't stimulate players to spam it at least until they got enough AP'd.

That's it. Thanks again and dog bless you, devs. You are doing a great job.
GFs, we dueled today. I was "onion".

k4far

Banned
Donator
remove disarm already, overused/abused tool, it breaks the immersion of dueling someone , i rather lose over my own defeat (bp depleated) than just get disarmed and die, i never liked this function.

I can not disarm properly myself this is hard. As dueling got simplified in this update that disarm stayed the same. Maybe removing it is going too far it is a good weapon when you are facing multiple opponents so you can get rid of them quickly - somebody once told me.

I would make it different but how, that is the question.

I can not disarm properly myself this is hard. As dueling got simplified in this update that disarm stayed the same. Maybe removing it is going too far it is a good weapon when you are facing multiple opponents so you can get rid of them quickly - somebody once told me.

I would make it different but how, that is the question.

okay i like your view, at the same time since im here its hard for me to give a precise imput about the dueling system since im not a good dueler im just okay sometimes and sometimes im not at all lol, either way im having a hard time dueling with this current "update" the tapping suggestiong for dueling rather than hold the left mouse button is annoyance for me specially cause ive never forced myself to do so before, i have more complains but then again as i said its hard for me to put them on specific words cause its difficult for me to describe the issues im having, i remember 1.3 (i think it was) it used to be so much user friendly for me, now is not the case. :confused: i know most of the duelers here are not gonna care for my imput or even the Dev team in this specific case but im just venting anyways.:oops:
i wish they could make it more User Friendly for ppl that doesnt really have a good mouse/enviroment to properly duel or Net involved situation but thats not on their end, still perhaps making it a bit more easier to use would be better than just making it complicated with the 7 pb zones that most of the time makes no sense since it involves lots of reflexes which comes again with the ping deparment cause if you have a bad ping then you are gonna struggle trying to guess where the next attack is gonna be, and i have more to say but i think thats enough.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
okay i like your view, at the same time since im here its hard for me to give a precise imput about the dueling system since im not a good dueler im just okay sometimes and sometimes im not at all lol, either way im having a hard time dueling with this current "update" the tapping suggestiong for dueling rather than hold the left mouse button is annoyance for me specially cause ive never forced myself to do so before, i have more complains but then again as i said its hard for me to put them on specific words cause its difficult for me to describe the issues im having, i remember 1.3 (i think it was) it used to be so much user friendly for me, now is not the case. :confused: i know most of the duelers here are not gonna care for my imput or even the Dev team in this specific case but im just venting anyways.:oops:

Well I am used to pressing block when there is some action and actual attack incoming so I did not suffer much from this update. Maybe I have even gained a little thanks to the recent changes. So in the previous build continiously holding block was more beneficial than now? Seems so. That's bugging you Kimmy?

Last edited:
Well I am used to pressing block when there is some action and actual attack incoming so I did not suffer much from this update. Maybe I have even gained a little thanks to the recent changes. So in the previous build continiously holding block was more beneficial than now? Seems so.

i always hold block on my end, i guess i should just stay casual when it comes to dueling this time around and not care :oops:, i never came to the forums to talk about the duel system cause i never have a say about it, but i said to myself that is time to leave a comment and see where that leads to, either way im probably the minority so whatever :p

I'm pretty new and bad, learning saberist

just wanted to say before this update I was starting to have success in duels but after, I was losing BP at a phenomenal rate compared to my opponents.

screwed around a little solo and realized the tap/hold mechanic with regards to bp drain was the culprit. I'm fine with it now that I know what it is. I cant just wildly spam mb1 anymore. 8.6/10 would be forced to get gud again.

remove disarm already, overused/abused tool, it breaks the immersion of dueling someone , i rather lose over my own defeat (bp depleated) than just get disarmed and die, i never liked this function.
btw why bp cost was removed from mblock?
it had sense before since you can made opponent vulnerable, but now it's just spam on cooldown without penalty.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
btw why bp cost was removed from mblock?
it had sense before since you can made opponent vulnerable, but now it's just spam on cooldown without penalty.

As far as I know, all styles except yellow will lose BP if they fail an mblock. More importantly, 'spam on cooldown' doesn't really work with mblocking, because timing is essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.