1.4.5 Official Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please use this thread to give us some official feedback on V1.4.5 release

Saberist vs saberist and saberist vs gunner feedback will be especially helpful for the next release (@Tempest, I summon you!)

Please ensure you use bullet point format and not write long paragraphs, for example:

• Cyan swings are too fast, it's hard to PB them. Make Cyan more slow
  • I love the removal of nudge, dueling feels much better now!
  • Love the new models, but Jyn looks a bit too sad

Any unhelpful posts will be deleted.

Last edited:
Its nice that we travelled in time back to 1.3 sabersystem, but i think you missed red tho.

AaronAaron

Donator
  • Dueling feels a little bit better than before. The only thing I dislike is having to rely on 4 hit spam with Yellow. Pb is a bit too hard if they're just spamming in your face, but that might be because im not used to the update.
  • Cyan is just too strong. It's speed and damage just makes it completely unfair. Kinda sad, but i'll be avoiding Cyan duels for now on.
  • Blue feels a little bit weaker than before, which is great, but its still too strong. Speed + Damage = Power.
  • I haven't tested Staff at all, but im gonna guess its still a bit strong like Cyan and Blue. Again, speed = power.
  • Red feels amazing. Really nice, and it balances very well with Yellow.
  • I haven't really tested Duals or Purple at all.
  • The new models and UI are great. Good job.
  • The duel mode changes are amazing too. I still think repulse should be a toggle thing in the server settings, however.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
PB zones are garbage. I told Tempest to import the PB zones from 1.3, and now everyone is noticing the PB zones are all fucked up when comboing is viable again. (Seriously, WA PB Zone can be hit from the ceiling, but then doesn't work if you're slightly looking to the left)

I told Tempest that damages should be looked at and possibly increased before the patch hits, because they might be too low for open mode. Lo and behold, it takes 10 years to kill a bad player with combos/single swings.

And I've been telling Tempest for the last 10 centuries that Swing-Restrictions should be re-added if combos ever become a thing again.

Whelp, now we have a very spammy patch that is almost good like 1.3, but still not good.

All I can say, is that it is an improvement over 1.4, so well done.

I liked this patch because of brand new batch of models. I mean you really did great job with them(shoutout to @Lervish @Scerendo and of course @Penekowski ). This is just amazing. New sounds, improved models, and biggest model patch! I'm glad you returned Eeth Koth and added Kanan(he is one of my favs from Rebels show) And the hilts: I don't say anything. Kanan, Temple guard, Malgus' hilt... So amazing. Thank you guys. I'm very happy that you took your time with models.

PB zones are garbage. I told Tempest to import the PB zones from 1.3, and now everyone is noticing the PB zones are all fucked up when comboing is viable again. (Seriously, WA PB Zone can be hit from the ceiling, but then doesn't work if you're slightly looking to the left)

I told Tempest that damages should be looked at and possibly increased before the patch hits, because they might be too low for open mode. Lo and behold, it takes 10 years to kill a bad player with combos/single swings.

And I've been telling Tempest for the last 10 centuries that Swing-Restrictions should be re-added if combos ever become a thing again.

Whelp, now we have a very spammy patch that is almost good like 1.3, but still not good.

All I can say, is that it is an improvement over 1.4, so well done.
God, you are never happy, are you?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
God, you are never happy, are you?

So I'm supposed to be happy when we get something that isn't good? The patch is better, but it is far from being good, and I'm not happy because Tempest didn't listen to me, and we're seeing the exact issues that I already warned him about.

We got an upgrade from a bowl of shit to a wine glass of piss, and I'm supposed to just ignore everything that is wrong with it?

No wonder MB2 was never properly fixed if this is the mindset of the community. "Oh no, Achilles is complaining about things that aren't good. He should just be happy."

k4far

Banned
Donator
Few hours of playing no sad surprises.

Cyan... just a bit. It felt very overwhelming might be I picked a fight with good players I am not really too good myself. I had a duel for 3 minutes or longer me and my opponent we were both using yellow so making dueling faster did not really work out haha.

• Lightning is just right, great job balancing other force powers too.

Last edited:
It's good:
  • No Kota model, please add a kota model, everyone likes kota, theres a kota model w/ cool armour in peneke pack.
  • Blue and Cyan still seem a bit OP and red a bit too weak.
  • Duels do last quite a while which would probably be a problem on Open even though I never play it
  • Pb zones do seem a bit inconsistent I will admit, but they're the same as 1.4.4 so i'm used to them
I like it, never got to play 1.3 and people are saying its a bit like that so yeah its cool

I feel like 4 hitters overpower any single hitter, feels rough. I thought of an idea and shared it with a few others who agreed. I think there should be an increasing BP loss for each swing in a combo. So for yellow for example, in a 4 hitter, swing 1 would lose 2bp then swing 2 would lose 4 then swing 3 would lose 6 and swing 4 would lose 8. The numbers are just an example so you get the point of it multiplying, i think this would reduce spam and make it more tactical encouraging single hits and introducing some elegant play styles requiring some skill.

I feel like 4 hitters overpower any single hitter, feels rough.
I think that would result in some prolonged duels, because nobody would be able to finish opponent. That's quite the problem, actually. Nobody wants 4 minute duels.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
For those that are saying Cyan/Blue are overpowered: They absolutely are not. The issue is *you* specifically.

The only OP styles in this patch are Purple/Staff.

Cyan and Blue will annihilate someone who fails to measure/time their swings, because they are extremely fast, but they do almost no damage otherwise. If you can retain a 33%+ PB rate against a Cyan user, he literally cannot kill you. Time your swings, worry about managing your ACM, don't swing into their combos, and you'll be fine. If you get greedy, they'll destroy you based on your own attacks.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Tempest's dev comment from update release post said:
I still foresee some possible issues but there's only so much to take care of at once, all things considered.
Complaining about suggestions not being implemented when I'm well aware of the impact of them doesn't accomplish anything.

Viserys

ex team lead
So I'm supposed to be happy when we get something that isn't good? The patch is better, but it is far from being good, and I'm not happy because Tempest didn't listen to me, and we're seeing the exact issues that I already warned him about.

We got an upgrade from a bowl of shit to a wine glass of piss, and I'm supposed to just ignore everything that is wrong with it?

No wonder MB2 was never properly fixed if this is the mindset of the community. "Oh no, Achilles is complaining about things that aren't good. He should just be happy."

Did you even read the blurb I typed before the changelog in the release post? It's there for a reason, and the reason is not because I like typing things. It's there to explain this was an emergency release meant as a minor improvement to the previous build.

Sure the saber system can be better. It will never be perfect. But we are aiming to freeze it, still, to something good (including one more Open Beta before then). It has taken a ton of time to get here and it will take a ton more to get to the next major saber release. If you can't be patient at least try to see the positives and stop crying on how we don't do what you want. Unless you wanna apply as a coder and do Tempest's job for him, please dial down the complaining.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Did you even read the blurb I typed before the changelog in the release post? It's there for a reason, and the reason is not because I like typing things. It's there to explain this was an emergency release meant as a minor improvement to the previous build.

Sure the saber system can be better. It will never be perfect. But we are aiming to freeze it, still, to something good (including one more Open Beta before then). It has taken a ton of time to get here and it will take a ton more to get to the next major saber release. If you can't be patient at least try to see the positives and stop crying on how we don't do what you want. Unless you wanna apply as a coder and do Tempest's job for him, please dial down the complaining.

I am patient, I've been patient. I just don't like failures when I already warned about the exact causes of them, for extremely long periods of time. It isn't that the patch isn't that good, it is that it could've been so much better with such simple changes that I already explained. Anywho, I'm sure Tempest understands my position, and I understand the position of the Devs in releasing this so quickly, but my disappointment is in that it should have been done a while ago.

Viserys

ex team lead
I am patient, I've been patient. I just don't like failures when I already warned about the exact causes of them, for extremely long periods of time. It isn't that the patch isn't that good, it is that it could've been so much better with such simple changes that I already explained. Anywho, I'm sure Tempest understands my position, hopefully.

Excuse me but I do not consider an emergency release put together in less than 1 month, during a period of increased stress and drama, and which still includes new items and improvements to be a 'failure'.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Excuse me but I do not consider an emergency release put together in less than 1 month, done during a period of increased stress and drama, and which still includes new items and improvements to be a 'failure'.

The patch isn't a failure, it was actually successful and a major improvement over 1.4.4, the meta state that it was put into was a failure, despite the fact that I've been explaining the exact cause and effects of a combo-meta for the last 6 months. I'm making noise more or less for the future patch, than this one. I fully understand why it happened, but I'm hoping by stating all the issues and disappointment, we can make sure the next patches will address these issues (That I was warning about for months).

Status
Not open for further replies.