1.4.5 Official Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please use this thread to give us some official feedback on V1.4.5 release

Saberist vs saberist and saberist vs gunner feedback will be especially helpful for the next release (@Tempest, I summon you!)

Please ensure you use bullet point format and not write long paragraphs, for example:

• Cyan swings are too fast, it's hard to PB them. Make Cyan more slow
  • I love the removal of nudge, dueling feels much better now!
  • Love the new models, but Jyn looks a bit too sad

Any unhelpful posts will be deleted.

Last edited:

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Disarms have a cooldown on them so spamming doesn't help you with the timing at all...
Carefully attempting to disarm eats up some of your concentration which is more than enough penalty in an actual duel... given how difficult a disarm is to land on someone who isn't way below your level... and against someone who is, having an additional BP drain isn't going to change a thing...

Oh, so you're still here. Hope lost. Again.

It's funny though, I'd be on par with the opponents if disarms didn't exist, so I'm not sure how do you determine who's way below one's level when e.g. I get destroyed by disarms constantly, but when disarms don't happen it's 50/50.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
So then... swingblock? An mblock isn't even a guaranteed kill. Unless they were absolutely expecting the disarm to happen and get the instant swing on WA/WD/W, then you can easily escape it with your life on reaction. I've been disarmed a number of times, and out of all of my disarms I've maybe only been killed 2% of the time from them.

You mean you don't constantly get your 2nd or 3rd combo swing disarmed and then instantly killed before the game even lets you react to what happened? Who are you even dueling against?

... Who even are you?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
You mean you don't constantly get your 2nd or 3rd combo swing disarmed and then instantly killed before the game even lets you react to what happened? Who are you even dueling against?

... Who even are you?

No, I don't. My 2nd/3rd combo swing is almost never disarmed, because it would be an act of pure luck for my opponent to successfully do that. On top of that, I can easily avoid being killed off of a disarm because there is a delay before they can swing (as I said, unless they were expecting to get a disarm).

Mblock is only an issue for inexperienced players.

> my face when Achilles tries to teach Hlevie how to swingblock
._.

Im not sure if I agree with Stassin about concentration part. Sure it does takes a lot. But you can also make your mblocks somewhat automatic, if you teach yourself to disarm every time you pblock. Sure it might not work 100% of time, but it sometimes just "procs", which is imo happens a lot in higher skill levels.

The devs need to fix this "pure luck" thing then, because it happens every 2nd duel to me.

My suggestion:
  • Make a disarm much harder to do (personally I don't know how this can be done, but I know it can be)
  • Make disarm drain FP so that the person being disarmed can't force jump to the ceiling and get away like nothing happened.
Don't you hate it when you practice disarming for a long time, and then you finally get to use it and it's useless?

AaronAaron

Donator
My suggestion:
  • Make a disarm much harder to do (personally I don't know how this can be done, but I know it can be)
  • Make disarm drain FP so that the person being disarmed can't force jump to the ceiling and get away like nothing happened.
Don't you hate it when you practice disarming for a long time, and then you finally get to use it and it's useless?

What? No please, thats awful. Disarm is very easy to avoid. Just swingblock.

And how is it useless? If someone jumps when they're disarmed, they'll eventually lose BP because of jumping. If they run away, they dont regen bp, giving you a chance to have a quick regen and prepare an attack when they stop moving. Its really not useless at all.

Oh, so you're still here. Hope lost. Again.

It's funny though, I'd be on par with the opponents if disarms didn't exist, so I'm not sure how do you determine who's way below one's level when e.g. I get destroyed by disarms constantly, but when disarms don't happen it's 50/50.

i still think it should be removed disarm only breaks the immersion of actually having a duel with someone, specially if you are gonna get disarmed on the first attack.

mblock has been an mb2 feature forever, it's kind of a staple which has a built in easy to use counter vs it's hard to use mechanic. I only ever see a select few actually use it effectively, but now that mblock is tied to more than disarm I guess people are trying it more frequently?

What? No please, thats awful. Disarm is very easy to avoid. Just swingblock.

And how is it useless? If someone jumps when they're disarmed, they'll eventually lose BP because of jumping. If they run away, they dont regen bp, giving you a chance to have a quick regen and prepare an attack when they stop moving. Its really not useless at all.
It shouldn't be so easy to get away from such a hard technique. If it happens at the end of the duel where both players are low, then yeah, I guess you're right, but if it's at any other time than the end, then a disarm will do absolutely nothing.

Whatever you can avoid disarm or not entirely depends on two things:
  • Distance between you and opponent
  • Is opponent attacking you immediately after disarming or not (via fast counter or with faster style)
Examples:
  • You are in close range to opponent and after disarming you he performs fast counter = this is unavoidable , you are dead
  • You are in mid range, and after disarming you opponent fails to perform fast counter = you can easily escape

I mean... it doesn't really matter if you jump or not and how much bp you have. The only thing matters is how fast opponent can strike you after disarming :-/

Last edited:
remove disarm already, overused/abused tool, it breaks the immersion of dueling someone , i rather lose over my own defeat (bp depleated) than just get disarmed and die, i never liked this function.

Learn to play properly, use swingblock. Mblock is so easy to avoid if you play carefully.

Disarming is essential if you are last in your team and still have 5 "WannaBeJedi" to kill. So no, do not remove it...

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Whatever you can avoid disarm or not entirely depends on two things:
  • Distance between you and opponent
  • Is opponent attacking you immediately after disarming or not (via fast counter or with faster style)
Examples:
  • You are in close range to opponent and after disarming you he performs fast counter = this is unavoidable , you are dead
  • You are in mid range, and after disarming you opponent fails to perform fast counter = you can easily escape

I mean... it doesn't really matter if you jump or not and how much bp you have. The only thing matters is how fast opponent can strike you after disarming :-/

45OurJIhJj3l.jpg

I hope you aren't serious.

Swingblock

thanks

seriously it isn't anything that needs to be changed, MBing is perfectly fine how it is. Also @hleV use less same-y combos to not get MBed, I always look for patterns and block 2nd and 3rd hits out of following really common patterns, like if you do a SD swing, I'd guess at WA to be your next hit and I'll get them fairly frequently

Learn to play properly, use swingblock. Mblock is so easy to avoid if you play carefully.

Disarming is essential if you are last in your team and still have 5 "WannaBeJedi" to kill. So no, do not remove it...

eh. not that i expected any other kind of reply but this.

Only dueling. By [D]Evil

Good
- Different sounds for swings (but sounds indeed is not good, like you are swinging with a wood stick rly)
- Hitls and another textures

Bad
- Removed Semi-PB is a very bad idea. Because of without it you can't attack properly and yawing is OP now. Previoulsy, yawing enemies are unable to semi-PB your attacks and it was a counter. Now it becomes like it is now. For example, you may reduce it (pb applies only when You are swinglblocking)
- You may cast mblock and disarm very ezly. So... it's a bad idea. No ways to master it. More arcadely I think.
- Removed insta-hits with PB isn't a good idea at all. Duels now comes only 2 sided: full def or attack.
- Perfect parry is still alive. WTF?!
- The best mouse tapping system was in previous patch. it was the best. Comfortable and skillfull.
- Cyan seems slighty OP
- You can implement Peneky as an official patch. Why not?
- No sounds for a swingblocks
- Animation of mblock is still avalible even if mblock perk is on cooldown

Dizzy
- Mblock eats BP regen. Um... useless part of code. Nobody holds it. Only tap for a short duration.
- More abusive things.
- Parry mechanics is still unbalanced one thing.
- Seems like I can disarm with mblock right in moment when I'm swinging.

In those of all duel comes more turtlely and the enemy which is full def is winning everytime by holding m2 key. It's not a good way.

All the dueling now comes very uncomfortable. In previous patch it was better cause I can play in relaxing way and it feels like I'm holding real saber. It feels native and there was some kind of stylish shit and rhythm shit. It feels good when you mastered the swing contorl and may swing as you wish and stylish. But now it feels more choppy, like wooden one. Especyally with 2 sided duels when defender is in advantage.

More random things, more abusive things, please, TEMP, place it more yeah. If you are like to swingblock in combo (or use a marcos) and it's comfortable for ya to everytime switch between m1 and m2 keys there are no needs to place it like necessary thing for everyone. If in previous version it was a counter against well-timed swings and swingblocks so there are no ways to counter it. Game comes to the clear stage, in which somebody who is swingblocking more is winning.

See ya in the next patch/hotfix

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
5 "WannaBeJedi" to kill.

I would like to see how You disarm 5 "wannabe" in a round of open. I am full of admiration for You right now.

@Gargos
managed to disarm me and some other guy on Kamino or Cloudcity (I do not remember), but he pulled that off two in a row... nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.