1.4.5 Official Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please use this thread to give us some official feedback on V1.4.5 release

Saberist vs saberist and saberist vs gunner feedback will be especially helpful for the next release (@Tempest, I summon you!)

Please ensure you use bullet point format and not write long paragraphs, for example:

• Cyan swings are too fast, it's hard to PB them. Make Cyan more slow
  • I love the removal of nudge, dueling feels much better now!
  • Love the new models, but Jyn looks a bit too sad

Any unhelpful posts will be deleted.

Last edited:

DaloLorn

• The dueling changes took a bit of getting used to, but I think the removal of semi-PB, nudge and instant counters is a positive thing overall. I no longer have to fear the effects of making a swing that might get PBed because I still get a chance to PB the opponent's counter, and the lack of semi-PBing means I have to think more about whether I'm trying to be offensive or defensive at any given time, and whether I should be offensive/defensive at that particular moment. It's proven to be quite helpful. :)
  • Am I the only one who feels like FP drains have somehow gone through the roof? Usually I had time to approach a gunner or get the hell away from him, now I go from 100 to 0 before he even has to start thinking about evasive maneuvers.
  • I shall never use any hilt except Veteran and Bastila again. In a similar vein, my Sith shall always be Dark Jedi. :D

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Red is incredibly underpowered right now. Good job.

Seriously can we not just pick one of the systems from bygone era and stick to it? xD

What i don't understand is why you removed nudge without tweaking other aspects of the game? I may be wrong and dumb but to me Red was useful because of the nudge fast hits, and nudge was your only way to kill a gunner nowadays with red.
Now Nudge is gone, it takes twenty hours to swing a red saber in which enemy can just pblock your ass or casually attack you without any problems because you WONT counter him unless he's slapped on the ground. Not to mention that nerfing force powers and removal of nudge against gunners makes it VERY hard to kill anything with a gun.

ALSO, force whore buffs when? You've been only nerfing them for the last few patches, come on.

k4far

Banned
Donator
As someone who mains Soldier and care reasonably about my ego score, I feel the running death count for reinforcement classes ruins a lot of the fun. I feel constricted to taking chances because I know that even though I have more lives, this will count against me in the long run. I even hesitated to kill myself to defend the objective, which should be an encouraged tactic.

Playing Soldier lost a bit of it is value to me.

Great release devs ;) I really like that you´ve added my Obi Wan EP2 and reskinned Mace Windu. Also other models are great too. Obi and Qui-gon have needed overhaul badly!. It is also nice that we can choose between CW and movie Plo Koon. My suggestions for future version would be:

1. Replace Luminara, Barriss and Shaak Ti with newer versions by Kualan also
2. Add Mandalorians from Penekepack
3. Small icons for Jedi/Siths are great but I would like to see whole UI from Penekepack

KEEP IN GOOD WORK AS ALWAYS!!! :)

Shit update for dueling
First: Fix buggy pb zones
Second: Remove shitty system that requires you to tap in order to get more bp.
Third: Remove new pb counter system that u need to mb and pb in order to do pb counter.
Who asked for this?
this.png

You can replace this skin example with Ragnos
x)
Also, nerf cyan.

Last edited:
Been thinking about the system a lot today and heres some more feedback:
  • There's literally no point in PBing at all, running/dodging is more worthwhile and guaranteed. Not sure how you can fix it, small regen on pb or something would work.
  • Pb zones seem harder to get somehow.
  • Sense of identity is completely gone from dueling, you literally have to spam 4 hitters to win now. For example, Potato and Hessu both used yellow but had completely opposite play styles, but both were effective. Potato would do longer combos, be more aggressive in general and slap against his opponents a lot, punishing them for having bad swingblock etc. Hessu on the other hand played a lot more defensively, he relied more on good shadow swinging and pb counters, half swinging etc. Now, Hessu's style is completely unachievable, you literally can't be defensive with any style, because any time you spend not spamming, is time wasted. This is a sad thing for the dueling community.
  • Dueling feels boring, repetitive and old very quickly.
  • Dueling feels way more mechanical than it ever has, it requires a lot less thought and wit, and a lot more on being good mechanically than it ever has.
Overall, the balance is better yes, but there are so many things that have just made the patch seem limiting, it was fun at first having something new to experiment with, but our experimentation has shown that there really isn't anything else to the system at this state.

P.S, imagine 1.4.4 with slightly slower pb counters, blue/cyan's attack weakened, red's attack buffed a bit and no nudge, @Shilling's combo idea with every consecutive swing doing less bp damage and no flat bp drains?

that would be 'ideal' in my eyes.

Last edited:

AaronAaron

Donator
This update does feel like it's half complete, kinda like 1.4.3 again (very annoying). It's just a 4 hit spam and run fest that isn't really fun for defensive players at all. I don't really wanna play a system that is just focused on being completely aggressive. It just depends on who can land hits and run away faster. The duel mode changes are still very good, my opinion on it hasn't changed a bit, however, the meta right now is just awful. Im even losing to players that are wayyy worse than me just because they facehug and spam. Just make the combos slower just like the beta, add the mblock stagger, and increase the BP dmg per hit on every style

Holy shit that's the first time since probably V1 where I actually had fun dueling again. This is going in the right direction, at least compared to all the builds post-V1.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Going to try and get the post about stuff for next open beta out some time this afternoon. There's a couple things that aren't finalized that I'd like to get some perspective on (though I'll probably end up having to make it so the different options for things can be toggled during gameplay for truly accurate opinions/feedback). The main one being the prospect of swing direction restrictions vs slower chaining (it's much better than first open beta but there's currently some issues/restrictions because of specific technical things in code).

Most of the concerns that you guys have expressed were points I expected with these changes (mainly the points on spamming). I'm not planning to let this state of gameplay last for nearly as long as 1.4.2+ though so don't fret too much.

P.S. - You can still be defensive but you actually have to fight back a lot more compared to 1.4.4 where a single PB counter could basically flip-flop a duel at any moment. I've dueled mostly the same as I did in 1.4.4 (which is more a mix of 1-2 swings than 3-4 swing combos) and had quite a lot of success.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
why should how well u can swingblock dictate how good you are at the game? as opposed to having good timing, pb etc?

you can use your own argument against you, js. cba to argue i do too much of it
Who are you? Lol, another one of the hipsters dueling for a month or two. Hlev was one of the most challenging duelists years ago, so it's good to see more vets interested in the patch. Nigh time the dueling scene brings back proper competition and duelists as opposed to this SJW kappa fest it has devolved into.

Also: who still listens to Achilles regarding dueling? That's like listening to Masterjdoog for spec advice in open.

Also also: half of these new models/skins seem very 'of the era' :) Black wookies, 300x alien females. Love it! Now my feminist friend from Venus can finally relate to her character!

Reactions: SeV

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Hlev was one of the most challenging duelists years ago
Exactly, was. In previous patch he was easy like you agentoo.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i'd like to add that indeed playing defensively is impossible/hard as hell. I tried to use defensive blue style vs noels yellow and i couldn't win.
Noel taps almost every swing so he basically doesnt lose bp at all because of faster regen, he lost a tiny bit of bp when i pb'd him and hit a few swings after that.

Also something feels weird with pblocking, its alot harder like pb zones would be smaller or just buggy

Last edited by a moderator:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
why should how well u can swingblock dictate how good you are at the game? as opposed to having good timing, pb etc?

you can use your own argument against you, js. cba to argue i do too much of it
Swingblock doesn't actually factor into tap/holding. Having the block input down is one way to get BP to regen but it's not required. You can technically hold attack and still swingblock (or do the old EU-style of inverting the inputs by holding Mblock and releasing block to start attacks).

Also, PB zones weren't touched this patch. Given that FP drains got janked up without being touched either, anything's possible though I guess (I personally haven't had any issues).

Viserys

ex team lead
Vacuum cleaner applied to the thread. Please:

Feedback only. No discussions.
Bullet points. Bullet points.

Don't make me clean this again!

Thank you devs, it's been a while since I enjoyed saber fights this much. I'm happy like a kid in his birthday party.

I like the idea with mblock, that you can make counter attack with it. It will stimulate players to use it more frequently and not for disarm only.
I like that semi-pb is now removed and that means that there will be no more random pblocks and defensive playing style is now requires TRUE SKILL. I wouldn't say that I didn't like semi-pb at all, but it should have been reworked for sure. It's definitely better to remove it for now until the fresh idea comes on how to implement it properly in current gameplay.
I like that nudge was removed for the most part but there is one thing. If it's possible to add nudge against gunners then it must be implemented because it's the only way you can hit gunner with that stagger mechanic. Also I would give nudge for certain stances like red and purple but I would remove this "Fix: Can no longer slap to cancel stagger animations." feature then.
I like new model pack BUT PLEASE, I BEG YOU, BRING BACK THE OLD VERSION OF QUINLAN VOS! Seriously, this is the only thing that makes me sad about new patch. Make it both version, like with Plo Koon, but bring back these soulful songs.

Also one thought on balancing duel mod. I think that 3-4 hit combos must gain less AP. It can be dealt with in another approach. For example mblock counters can also reduce AP points more significantly. I think if combos wouldn't gain AP so fast it wouldn't stimulate players to spam it at least until they got enough AP'd.

That's it. Thanks again and dog bless you, devs. You are doing a great job.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Nudge doesn't have anything to do with stagger animations. You also don't gain ACM on chained swings aside from the first one that gets a body hit. They also have half base damage compared to the first body hit swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.