1.4.5 Official Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please use this thread to give us some official feedback on V1.4.5 release

Saberist vs saberist and saberist vs gunner feedback will be especially helpful for the next release (@Tempest, I summon you!)

Please ensure you use bullet point format and not write long paragraphs, for example:

• Cyan swings are too fast, it's hard to PB them. Make Cyan more slow
  • I love the removal of nudge, dueling feels much better now!
  • Love the new models, but Jyn looks a bit too sad

Any unhelpful posts will be deleted.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
The models are shit and unoptimized. Gotta love dueling in a 10 people server dotf below 100 fps whenever someone picks them.

It is not a matter of models having too many polygons but your machine being insufficient. I have a pretty old setup and I am not experiencing any issues. Stuff for official release in being rather harshly selected to not cause any fps issues.

Dotf is Dotf. it always had some performance drops, especially in the hangar (room is connected to 3 different big and wide places.)

The models are shit and unoptimized. Gotta love dueling in a 10 people server dotf below 100 fps whenever someone picks them.
doesn't happen to me

- - - Updated - - -
Yeah but they aren't exactly 'low damage' are they?

I'm not saying a variety of playstyles is a bad thing at all, it's just that it rewards less thoughtful play in it's current state.

I also don't think they should be made slower, I just think that blue's damage should be reduced and cyan likewise.

If they want fast but not as powerful styles, then that's completely fine, but make them that way - not powerful and fast.

Personally I find when you get into higher tier dueling, blue and cyan spammers aren't as prominent a problem, but most certainly when I was learning the game it was noticeable and offputting.

yeah that's what i meant, if you try to exploit blue/cyan's advantages in higher level play you'll get wrecked

that's why i think it's not that big of an issue except for newer players

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not a matter of models having too many polygons but your machine being insufficient. I have a pretty old setup and I am not experiencing any issues. Stuff for official release in being rather harshly selected to not cause any fps issues.

Dotf is Dotf. it always had some performance drops, especially in the hangar (room is connected to 3 different big and wide places.)
No, i have an i5 4690K and an R9 390X and on a duel server with like 20 people i barely get 90fps constantly on LOW settings, all advanced video turned off

when there's like up to 12 players its fine but the mod does run pretty badly

i've definitely noticed a decrease in my fps since the new models were added too

also i think 90% of the dueling community feel like blue and cyan are somewhat OP - listen to the many not the few who are the loudest and most boisterous

No, i have an i5 4690K and an R9 390X and on a duel server with like 20 people i barely get 90fps constantly on LOW settings, all advanced video turned off

when there's like up to 12 players its fine but the mod does run pretty badly

i've definitely noticed a decrease in my fps since the new models were added too

also i think 90% of the dueling community feel like blue and cyan are somewhat OP - listen to the many not the few who are the loudest and most boisterous
I have an M370X and I never go below 99 FPS at all advanced effects off (because they're unoptimized) but anisotropic filtering is max... weird

And I've listened to plenty, most just use the same strategy they'd use against a yellow player and then complain it doesn't work. But okay.

• Due to animation blue is very good at interruption and taking initiative over agressive opponent,
  • Without ACM blue lacks any real ability to force defensive opponent to do something
  • Faster styles also very good at making opponent lose ACM
  • BP regenerates very fast
Meaning that fighting with blue against defensive blue user is a snorefest. He won't let you get any ACM, and he will also regen faster than you can deal damage without ACM :-/

I don't like this ACM management thingy. I don't like prolonged duels, and I can't seem to understand why this concept of "tiring out opponent" even exits. It literally promotes predictable gamplay :-(((

I have an M370X and I never go below 99 FPS at all advanced effects off (because they're unoptimized) but anisotropic filtering is max... weird

And I've listened to plenty, most just use the same strategy they'd use against a yellow player and then complain it doesn't work. But okay.
do you play a lot of duel? i think its all the sabers + these new models are making it worse

some of them are cool yeah but they're almost certainly making me lag more

What is your OS and what is the version of your Radeon GPU drivers?

Ive just been dueling and jesus christ:
  • Cyan is so hard to play against, worse than blue this patch. You can't combo it because its parry causes stagger all the time, and you cant shadow because its parry is so fast that they can either hit you with their first swing or get you with the second or 3rd hit of a combo, you can't really defend because its so fast and can be combod so easily, and if you're against someone with decent swingblock you can't even rely on spamming slap.

Just tried this: Rend2 - A Modern Renderer - OpenJK Discussion - JKHub and check it out.
d6ed22751aa5e1ac202c4dddb3b6266c.png

275 fps with that many people. This is crazy!
EDIT: I actually have to cap it, because the game spazzes out above 400 fps.

do you play a lot of duel? i think its all the sabers + these new models are making it worse

some of them are cool yeah but they're almost certainly making me lag more
yeah i play that, weird

- - - Updated - - -
What is your OS and what is the version of your Radeon GPU drivers?
I usually play on my Mac side but I have dual boot Windows 10. My OSX side is Sierra.

I force updated my Windows Radeon drivers, so.

I see a problem with the system. Or maybe it's done on purpose... I don't know.
So, now you need to do successful mblock in order to perform instant counter. Now, let say someone does 4 hit combo, you managed to pblock first attack, then on second attack you try to counter in order to break opponent's rythm. You pblock it, but you failed to hit mblock. You are now open for his third and fourth attack becuase you initiated swing during his combo, and now you lose bunch of bp.

Long story short, this means that it's always better to go 4 hit combo because chances that enemy will counter you are minimal. Is that right?

So, now you need to do successful mblock in order to perform instant counter. Now, let say someone does 4 hit combo, you managed to pblock first attack, then on second attack you try to counter in order to break opponent's rythm. You pblock it, but you failed to hit mblock. You are now open for his third and fourth attack becuase you initiated swing during his combo, and now you lose bunch of bp.

Long story short, this means that it's always better to go 4 hit combo because chances that enemy will counter you are minimal. Is that right?

Using 4 hit combos without ACM won't get you very far if your fighting someone experienced. There are other options to counter a 4 hit combo like mblock countering or a well timed slap or just a dodge then shadowswing and any one of those will interrupt a 4 hit combo and be very damaging. Attacks in a combo can also be alot easier to predict than a single hit or a two hitter because you can spot a pattern in their attacks.

Long story short, yeah i suppose 4 hitting is quite powerful this patch but think about it, the more attacks you do the more you expose yourself to being countered.

Using 4 hit combos without ACM won't get you very far if your fighting someone experienced. There are other options to counter a 4 hit combo like mblock countering or a well timed slap or just a dodge then shadowswing and any one of those will interrupt a 4 hit combo and be very damaging. Attacks in a combo can also be alot easier to predict than a single hit or a two hitter because you can spot a pattern in their attacks.

Long story short, yeah i suppose 4 hitting is quite powerful this patch but think about it, the more attacks you do the more you expose yourself to being countered.

1. Did you even read my post?
2. Don't lecture me. I know the stuff.
3. "Is that right?" meant: Should it be that way? Was it intended in this patch or is it just random outcome.
4. Things you are talking about don't work in open mode situation.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team

No it's not quite like that. I think the main reason people have trouble with 4 hit combos in 1.4.5 is because they get damaged from interrupts trying to attack back at the opponent during the 4 hit combo with the wrong timing. If you want to do this, it's possible with a specific timing though, but it's not ez mode like in 1.4.4.

Fast counters on PB was one of the main problems with 1.4.4 sabering. Specifically on first swings. It was changed to be on Mblocks only to make it require more skill to execute, but as you correctly pointed out it sometimes leaves you unable to hit a PB counter amidst an opponents combo which can be frustrating. However, most of your problem probably stems from the fact that you haven't adjusted to the changes yet. I did speak to tempest about it briefly, and he suggested that Pb counters should be available on first hits only and not on the rest of the combo. I basically suggest the opposite. First hit is a big problem, but if you PB chained swings then getting the fast PB counter isn't too bad. If you can fast PB counter on the first swing without Mblock skill check, ppl will be afraid to attack first. That coupled with high swing drains made 1.4.4 rather muddy and unappetizing for many people including myself.

About open mode, I think the damage in general should be higher + higher BP regen possibly. A more volatile system in which the weak fall quickly while the very skilled can keep dueling for a long time until a fatal slip up.

Lol, calm down buddy.
1. Yes, and after reading it, it looked like you needed a bit of education on basic duelling.
2. I don't think so, you should be taking notes.
3. "Is that right?" genuinely means, is what i just said correct or not?
4. They do if you know how to duel in this game, please inform me of how shadowswinging, dodging, mblocking or slapping doesn't work in open mode?

1. Did you even read my post?
2. Don't lecture me. I know the stuff.
3. "Is that right?" meant: Should it be that way? Was it intended in this patch or is it just random outcome.
4. Things you are talking about don't work in open mode situation.
Fight me cunt ur shit
-As you were. x

- - - Updated - - -

People who complain are the people who keep dying because they can't think for themselves, grow up cunt and learn to play.
Fucking mortals.
-As you were. x

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hey look, another one suffering from the "Oldfaggerism" condition.
I prescribe a session of some proper ass-whooping.

Actually kas is a relatively new player (no offense to kas). But I guess it doesn't matter to people like you and Aaron. You'll flame anyone indiscriminately regardless of the actual circumstances. In any case please refrain from this unpleasantness on the forums. I can take your childish abuse, so PM me all you want, but don't go directing your infantile remarks towards others without reason like this. He's just trying to ask a question and learn about the game so I think it's unfair to be so confrontational and provocative.

Status
Not open for further replies.