Official 1.4 Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please post feedback in this thread.

Offtopic will be rewarded with warning points or temp bans.

You can copy/paste your ideas, feedback, criticism from other threads since because of high amount of pointless posts, these threads have been closed.

Before posting please make sure you read
Feedback & Gameplay Posting Guidelines

Report bugs here: Bug Tracker

Last edited:
Played some FA. Is it possible that some maps aren't working well in FA? Deathstar was buggy, the doors didn't work like they should, the falcon ramp was invisible etc.. It was buggy for everyone on the server, not just for me. Fortunately only had issues with DS, but didn't play a lot of maps.

Also at commtower I managed to crush myself with my force field twice when I spawned it, something I've never experienced before. Maybe that's a new 'feature'? People only used to get stucked in force fields. Anyway I would like to be able to pick up my force field at will, so it wouldn't be useable only once in a round.

It's going to take some time for me to get used to the da flinch feature so I wont really comment on that yet. Overall I think it's a good patch and addressed issues like SBD slap and Wookie rage. I think with the introduction of flinch, it has made Dekas (with discharge) a bit OP since they now have two methods of keeping jedi at bay

The thing is that a lot of the feedback you're going to get from the patches are pretty biased. For example, people who predominately play gunners will praise the flinch feature and will be happy with 1.4 while saberists will not be happy. You need to look at both sides.

I play both jedi and gunner alot, I think flinch is a good feature, just figure out how to make deka,sbd and cr3 a bit less strong with flinch. Good idea would ve to scale flinch with the damage per hit

Dekas were suppossed to be one of the greatest challenges the droid army could offer to Jedi in Canon aside from magnaguards or prototype droids that never managed to get produced en-masse, Clones were made from Jango Fett because Fett was able to kill a dark jedi, and trained to be effective at killing Jedi.

BUT I SEE YOUR GUYS POINT HERE. This is a game not canon, balance is important.

Firepower/CR 3 > Any saber style except maybe fast ones because of flinch. In my opinion scale it to damage per hit sounds fine for CR or SBD but IIRC Deka does a fair ammount of damage per hit and drains a lot of fp too, which means that even if you scalate it to damage per hit it's still going to make you flinch a lot. There's also that E-11 secondary doesn't do much damage but neither does have a fuckmongous fire-rate, and let's not talk of Pistol 1/2 if you scalate flinch duration by damage taken per hit, normal gunners are back at 1.3, flinch already doesn't last enough for normal gunners to actually do much to you.

My recommendation? Make Firepower 3/CR 3 unable cause flinch, but CR 1/2 and Firepower 1/2 able to.

Alternatively, give Red or Purple or both (Slow Styles) a 1hit inmunity to flinch.

That means it must be hit twice before flinching each time.

why the fuck my message was deleted?
if u will tell me that it was an offtopic (it wasn't) then double check this thread.
jesus, stop fkin abusing admin rights, it's enough that u ban ppl for nothing in game, then making shitty updates for yourselfs, now i can't even say shit on this forum once in couple months.

edit by LoU: See. Vasya will be an example of "How not to post feedback posts". See you in 31 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So I want to make sure I understand how flinch works and somebody please correct me if I am wrong. At close range if the saber is hit with a shot while swinging it causes a flinch unless the saberist is swing blocking. If they are swing blocking and get shot then it should stop the attack and block. Correct? So both ways if they get shot it stops the attack, yes? The reason I ask is because I've seen a few instances where clearly sabers deflect a blast while swinging but no type of interruption occurs.

Stassin

Donator
So I want to make sure I understand how flinch works and somebody please correct me if I am wrong. At close range if the saber is hit with a shot while swinging it causes a flinch unless the saberist is swing blocking. If they are swing blocking and get shot then it should stop the attack and block. Correct? So both ways if they get shot it stops the attack, yes? The reason I ask is because I've seen a few instances where clearly sabers deflect a blast while swinging but no type of interruption occurs.
Yes correct. The instances you saw were probably due to the blaster shot passing through the saber, thus not causing an interruption. Indeed, in v1.4, a blaster shot will only be deflected if the shot was going to hit the jedi/sith's body (or pass very close to it), otherwise it will pass through the saber without draining any FP nor impeding the saberist in any way. The reason for this change is to buff jedi/sith slightly, given the introduction of flinch, by making them harder to hit overall, and also for realistic purposes (after all why would a skilled jedi/sith bother to deflect a shot that would just pass close without harming him ? In case he wants to protect a teammate, well this is still possible he just needs to make sure his own body is between the shot and the teammate, not just his saber).

This applies to any state of the saber, idle/blocking/swingblocking/non-swingblocking/whatever else. So yes, when non-swingblocking, you'll only flinch if your body gets hit; when swingblocking, you'll only get your swing interrupted if the shot was going to hit your body.

I should add for clarity that when getting shot while flinching, you will still be able to deflect blasterfire if holding block (in which case the flinch animation disappears in favor of a usual blocking animation), and even use slaps. Flinch is more forgiving than a stagger (such as a stagger from being mblocked by staff, hit by the 3rd swing of a red combo, or shot at close range while performing a saber-out melee move), as a stagger wouldn't allow you to slap, nor block blasterfire even if holding block.

Preston

Nerd
Yes correct. The instances you saw were probably due to the blaster shot passing through the saber, thus not causing an interruption. Indeed, in v1.4, a blaster shot will only be deflected if the shot was going to hit the jedi/sith's body (or pass very close to it), otherwise it will pass through the saber without draining any FP nor impeding the saberist in any way. The reason for this change is to buff jedi/sith slightly, given the introduction of flinch, by making them harder to hit overall, and also for realistic purposes (after all why would a skilled jedi/sith bother to deflect a shot that would just pass close without harming him ? In case he wants to protect a teammate, well this is still possible he just needs to make sure his own body is between the shot and the teammate, not just his saber).

This applies to any state of the saber, idle/blocking/swingblocking/non-swingblocking/whatever else. So yes, when non-swingblocking, you'll only flinch if your body gets hit; when swingblocking, you'll only get your swing interrupted if the shot was going to hit your body.

I should add for clarity that when getting shot while flinching, you will still be able to deflect blasterfire if holding block (in which case the flinch animation disappears in favor of a usual blocking animation), and even use slaps. Flinch is more forgiving than a stagger (such as a stagger from being mblocked by staff, hit by the 3rd swing of a red combo, or shot at close range while performing a saber-out melee move), as a stagger wouldn't allow you to slap, nor block blasterfire even if holding block.
Alright so, what if you get finched, but dont hold block? Can they just keep shooting you while you are flinched

Here is a conversation I had with one of my friends that I some how managed to convince to play with me. But he stopped.

Friday, May 13, 2016
2:31 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Hey bum
2:32 PM - Lazybum: hi
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Your issue with movie battles is fixed
2:32 PM - Lazybum: i had an issue?
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Yeah
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: when we played together you said the jedi class isent fair
2:32 PM - Lazybum: well kinda yea
2:32 PM - Lazybum: i mean
2:32 PM - Lazybum: i just wanted poeple to play other classes
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: You can stop jedi swings now
2:33 PM - Lazybum: :eek:
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: by shooting them
2:33 PM - Lazybum: :O
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: if they swing at you
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: and you hit them
2:33 PM - Lazybum: neat
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: it will cancel the swing
2:33 PM - Lazybum: that's pretty cool
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: They implemented the fighting game mechanic
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: called flinching
2:33 PM - Lazybum: yea
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Yeah this is a very big gunner favor update
2:34 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: people still spam jedi
2:34 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: but its not an issue anymore
2:34 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: like if your good
2:34 PM - Lazybum: well ill have to get back intoit
2:34 PM - Lazybum: then
2:35 PM - Lazybum: want to test out painkiller first though
2:35 PM - Lazybum: ive been craving some doom action
2:35 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: more doom than doom 4
2:35 PM - Lazybum: hmm indeed

Here is a random strangers opinion of 1.3. Something that I was very vocal about how people constantly spamming the jedi and sith class was actively ruining games for people and just turning into giant duel fests. The flinching mechanic is quite possibly the best unintentional feature that helps new players out the most.

Because if there is one thing you can apply to this game while data banking it with other first person shooters, is the first person shooter aspect. If you can hit people you can win.

Preston

Nerd
Here is a conversation I had with one of my friends that I some how managed to convince to play with me. But he stopped.

Friday, May 13, 2016
2:31 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Hey bum
2:32 PM - Lazybum: hi
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Your issue with movie battles is fixed
2:32 PM - Lazybum: i had an issue?
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Yeah
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: when we played together you said the jedi class isent fair
2:32 PM - Lazybum: well kinda yea
2:32 PM - Lazybum: i mean
2:32 PM - Lazybum: i just wanted poeple to play other classes
2:32 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: You can stop jedi swings now
2:33 PM - Lazybum: :eek:
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: by shooting them
2:33 PM - Lazybum: :O
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: if they swing at you
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: and you hit them
2:33 PM - Lazybum: neat
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: it will cancel the swing
2:33 PM - Lazybum: that's pretty cool
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: They implemented the fighting game mechanic
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: called flinching
2:33 PM - Lazybum: yea
2:33 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: Yeah this is a very big gunner favor update
2:34 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: people still spam jedi
2:34 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: but its not an issue anymore
2:34 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: like if your good
2:34 PM - Lazybum: well ill have to get back intoit
2:34 PM - Lazybum: then
2:35 PM - Lazybum: want to test out painkiller first though
2:35 PM - Lazybum: ive been craving some doom action
2:35 PM - Big Boss BigTeef: more doom than doom 4
2:35 PM - Lazybum: hmm indeed

Here is a random strangers opinion of 1.3. Something that I was very vocal about how people constantly spamming the jedi and sith class was actively ruining games for people and just turning into giant duel fests. The flinching mechanic is quite possibly the best unintentional feature that helps new players out the most.

Because if there is one thing you can apply to this game while data banking it with other first person shooters, is the first person shooter aspect. If you can hit people you can win.
Is this somehow trying to show that jedi were "op" or that people don't spam them anymore? Im very confused, because if you trying to show that your friend think jedi are op it's meaningless, new players can't really know about balance.

Alright so, what if you get finched, but dont hold block? Can they just keep shooting you while you are flinched

Why would they stop shooting you?:)

You can keep getting flinched.
Recent Scenario: Force sped into a narrow corridor with 3 gunners. Pushed one down. Kill hunger dictated that I attempt to take his life. The 2 other gunners kept a steady line of fire on me that made me flinch as I swung down. Not holding block, but kept pressing attack, because you know, knocked down gunner, saber in hand, feed my soul!, 2 or was it 3 flinches in a row before I was penetrated by plasma.

Rape!

You stop flinching when you stop swinging, all you need to do is block or side step a shot.
Flinch only occurs when your in a swing animation. Basically if you are good at juking and rushing gunners, nothing has really changed for you.

You just need to be careful about flanks because people can flinch you if your back is turned and your about to finish somebody on the floor.
I also noticed force pull also flinches, which is kinda nice.

It noticed it on polaks video, where a jedi pulled the sith about to kill polak and it stopped the swing against polak. Giving polak a few hits on the sith.

Last edited:
Is there any difference between the Luke: ANH/ESB saber hilt, Anakin's RotS saber, and the new Rey's saber hilt?

I find that adding the Rey one would be redundant but I probably would assume Anakin's version would look new and the Luke one would seem to be a more simplier or older design. I'm not really sure if the creators made any differences between the saber hilts.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Is there any difference between the Luke: ANH/ESB saber hilt, Anakin's RotS saber, and the new Rey's saber hilt?
Visually they're identical as far as I know, but Rey's hilt has a different ignition sound. Not sure if the ANH/ESB and RotS hilt ignition sounds differ from each other. I would guess that they do since there'd be no reason to have both otherwise.

Also the custom ignition sounds don't play if you're turning your saber on with the reload key, so you'll only notice them if you turn it on by attacking or pressing block.

Like I mean, while you are still getting flinched, can you get hit more than once? Haven't played jedi enough yet so idk

Unless you hold block you'll find yourself going through the entire flinch animation when pressing attack. Once it's done it starts over if they're streaming fire at you if you choose to swing again. I think:) Flinch so short and I no pay attention when I see meatbags on the ground. Did you mean can you interrupt one flinch with another flinch and keep them in a perpetual cycle of flinching?

Madness!
Only if they're swinging(keep swinging) and your aim true.

Now if you meant does blaster fire penetrate while flinching. I'm not telling!
Remember, you can make someone flinch if your blaster shots are simply close enough to the opponent's body.
So aim, aim, pretend to aim.

Last edited:
Visually they're identical as far as I know, but Rey's hilt has a different ignition sound. Not sure if the ANH/ESB and RotS hilt ignition sounds differ from each other. I would guess that they do since there'd be no reason to have both otherwise.

Also the custom ignition sounds don't play if you're turning your saber on with the reload key, so you'll only notice them if you turn it on by attacking or pressing block.
You live up to your name

You used to "bounce" away when you got shot anyway, so flinch isn't too bad. But why does forceblock level 2 cost 6 points now? I cant afford it on my template anymore, so I choose pull 1 and have 2 points wasted left over. Please give us 2 more points or make forceblock level 2 cost 4 points again.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
You used to "bounce" away when you got shot anyway, so flinch isn't too bad. But why does forceblock level 2 cost 6 points now? I cant afford it on my template anymore, so I choose pull 1 and have 2 points wasted left over. Please give us 2 more points or make forceblock level 2 cost 4 points again.
The change is that Yellow now costs 8 instead of 6. Force block is the same.

I have a question. How is it possible that when a jedi attacks (doesn't matter if he swingblocks or not) he gets shot in the body but doesn't get interrupted and can carry on with the swing? From earlier posts I assumed that a swinging jedi will either flinch or get interrupted if he gets shot in the body, and tanking it is out of the question.

So a simple example for the the situation: Jedi jumps in with a swing, gunner wounds the jedi with 2-3 shots, jedi's swing carries on and kills the gunner.

Stassin

Donator
I have a question. How is it possible that when a jedi attacks (doesn't matter if he swingblocks or not) he gets shot in the body but doesn't get interrupted and can carry on with the swing? From earlier posts I assumed that a swinging jedi will either flinch or get interrupted if he gets shot in the body, and tanking it is out of the question.

So a simple example for the the situation: Jedi jumps in with a swing, gunner wounds the jedi with 2-3 shots, jedi's swing carries on and kills the gunner.
If he is swingblocking he will get interrupted, if he isn't swingblocking he will flinch if the gunner is very close otherwise he won't flinch (he will just suffer the usual knockback). Given the current range at which flinch stops being activated, it's totally possible that a swing that will reach the gunner won't get interrupted, for example when the jedi is jumping, when both the jedi and the gunner are running towards each other, perhaps even at the limit when the gunner is standing still and the jedi running towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.