Official 1.4 Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please post feedback in this thread.

Offtopic will be rewarded with warning points or temp bans.

You can copy/paste your ideas, feedback, criticism from other threads since because of high amount of pointless posts, these threads have been closed.

Before posting please make sure you read
Feedback & Gameplay Posting Guidelines

Report bugs here: Bug Tracker

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
During the beta it seemed as the Force Lightning had a much increased damage buff but that is not present during this release build. Both dark side force powers need a buff in damage.

LoU

R2D2
During the beta it seemed as the Force Lightning had a much increased damage buff but that is not present during this release build. Both dark side force powers need a buff in damage.
Please be more specific and post reasons and arguments behind any ideas.

Like the mando wrist laser improvements, removal of the delay really helps, but it really just feels like a low ammo pistol 3 at the moment. What would make it unique is if it could be used while knocked down. That might be a bit OP I suppose though, but right now, I constantly have to watch the ammo I use on it because it could blow out at any time.

Personally I like the new idea of flinch. Instead of the jedi/sith being guaranteed a kill, its definitely evened the playing field. Good jedi/sith will still get kills, but smart gunners wont die just because they got rushed. Personally, I would of left the sabering as it was last build, but added the ability to have perfect block stop combos. This stops unnecessary spamming. Nudge seems like a cop out when you have people just run up to you trying to activate nudge for a half-swing. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't make much sense as a actual combat mechanic.

Preston

Nerd
I think most things in this build are pretty good. If I had a few suggestions for now, I'd say to just remove nudge. It seems that almost all the player base wants it out. I personally think it looks funky, and feels horrible. It feels just off imo. Also I like flinch, but I think that SBD, Deka, and maybe clone riffle shouldn't get flinch. The fire rate on those weapons specifically if a bit too much with flinch in the game. I'd recommend removing it from those weapons.

Also this may be something that is really bothering me, but please. Bring back the old 'A'half swing animation. It looks so weird now.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
So this is the *official* thread, ey? Mmk. I'll post it here, too then.

Also, wasn't there something like this for Beta, that was ignored, since this is pretty much exactly the same as the beta?

Wookiee

We noticed that wookiees have been almost unstoppable while in Rage Mode, and a large part of this was because of their endless supply of fury, so we’ve toned that down a little bit.
  • Change: Reduced fury gain from damaging enemies while in rage mode by 30%. Reduced fury bonus from killing enemies in rage mode by 35%.
- Which does almost nothing to nerf Wookiee. If a Wookiee goes into rage, then they either accomplish what they intended to do, i.e. slaughter a hallway of gunners, within a couple of seconds, or they don't, and wasted it. If you wanted to nerf Wookiees, you would either nerf their melee capabilities, or their bowcaster. My suggestion would be to nerf their movement speed in melee to be that of their caster, so that they can't outrun Gunners/Jedi/Sith with controlled use of charge. Fury should be their chase mechanic, not that poorly implemented charge and fast melee speed. I'd also be in favor of a complete mechanic change to Wookiee, where fury is buffed a bit, and builds from them *taking* damage, that'd be more interesting. Also, fix Godcaster+Fury, kthx.

Super Battle Droid
Super Battle Droids have always been a pretty strong class in comparison to their pure simplicity. Rather than toning down some of their upfront damage we decided to instead highlight their weakness at close range. Oh, and apparently one ability did not match up with it’s information tooltip; we’ve fixed that too.
  • Change: Slap damage reduced from 30 to 10.
  • Fix: Blast Armor now reduces melee damage by 20% in addition to 40% explosive damage reduction. Previously did not reduce melee damage despite its class configuration description.
- I'm okay with this, but I'd prefer you actually make SBD fun, something more along the lines of a Republic Commando style SBD. Thematic.

Mandalorian
Mandalorian has always lacked a degree of diversity. A contributing factor to this problem has been their lack of complimenting tools. The Flamethrower was always a tool we wanted to be diverse and work in a multitude of situations, while The Wristblaster sort of fell to the wayside. We’ve implemented a quality of life fix and tinkered with the values of Wristblaster to give Manda some of the diversity it’s lacking.
  • Change: Wrist Blaster no longer has an initial delay before firing. Reduced ammo before overload from 5 to 3 and decreased its regeneration rate from 1 ammo per 3 seconds to 1 ammo per 5 seconds.
- Pretty much useless, barely works. Give it rechargeable infinite ammo (so long as it recharges slowly), and it'll be worth taking. Also, make rockets require a license please? I'm really quite tired of suicide mando squads, and getting TK'd in a duel by mandos with itchy rocket fingers.

Player Movement
For the most part player movement is in a pretty good spot, however there are a few areas that we’ve looked to improve the quality of life of.
  • Change: Crouch now reduces force push/pull displacement by half.
  • Change: Crouch/Dive can now be performed into walls and slopes.
  • Fix: Wallgrab release inducing falling damage even when releasing from a close distance to the ground, when the wallgrab had been initiated from falling off a ledge rather than jumping off of it.
- A good fix, I like this change.

Armour
Damage to armour has been modified to improve consistency.
  • Change: Armour mechanics have been altered so the reduction of location damage modifier always applies if armour remains. Previously the modifier was ignored if the damage received was higher than remaining armour.
- So... a buff to clones via bugfix. Neato. Dat armor. Although, a good fix...

Lightsaber System
Jedi versus Sith, Jedi versus Jedi, Sith versus Sith

While many of the core mechanics and basics in Version 1.4 will be the same, or similar to how they’ve always been, there have been changes made to halfswinging, countering, perfect blocking, swing chaining and ACC gains, the return of the formerly defunct nudge mechanic, and the return of the saber clash GFX and SFX for the sake of fluidity. These changes are mostly meant to promote more dynamic, reactive and varying styles of saber on saber combat, increase the overall skillcap of the saber system and address the lack of appealing visuals which previous versions suffered from.
  • New: Yellow style now has a saber vs saber perk. Perfect blocks with yellow drain 1 ACC from attacks.
- Which is literally the most overpowered nonsense you could have possibly added *ever*. If you know how to barely pblock, you are absolutely invulnerable. You can drain full ACM from an opponent with 2 pblocks and a counter swing. I shouldn't have to tell you why this is fucking stupid. Think of something more imaginative, I know you have it in you... maybe.
  • New: Saberists can now continue the swing chain with a halfswing after performing a swing feint (interrupting a swing by pressing reload).
- Which defeats the purpose of ever committing to a slow swing, since not only combos were nerfed, but single swings were made strong, and half swings are demonstrably better.
  • New: Can now shut off saber when in nudge by pressing use + reload.
- Okay?
  • New: Nudge has been reintroduced upon saber/saber or saber/body collisions, when not attacking.
- Looks disgusting, and is disgusting. Nudge is a terrible idea, and it should be removed, unless you can make it *not* cancer.
  • New: Saber/saber clash SFX and GFX have been reintroduced.
- Okay.
  • New: Perfect block is now called full perfect block. Being full perfect blocked now prevents the continuation of swing chains.
- Which is fairly dumb, it buffs turtle playstyles to a ridiculous degree. Again, with a combination of yellow's retarded perk, and this dumb idea, you can turtle *forever* and never die, so long as you know how to pb. I fought Kael, yellow v yellow, and we could *not* kill each other. When one of us gained the advantage, we'd just turtle up a bit and pb, and then drain the other's ACM, then go back to swinging. It was a never ending cycle. Terrible, terrible, terrible.
  • New: Semi-perfect block: Similar to full perfect block, but can be performed when attacking, running, walking and rolling (not knocked down or in a getup animation), and only negates BP drain and ACC gain. Does not stop combos nor benefits from any perk such as purple ACC gain on PB or yellow ACC drain on PB. Semi-perfect block triggers yellow flashes on the crosshair and BP bar.
- And PB is easier than SPB. Also, I'm kind of okay with this, in the context of 1.3 it could work. However, it just makes turtling stronger, and more luck-based. The amount of times I've been saved from random semi-pbs is hilarious.
  • New: Being hit by a non-parried saber swing now always triggers a blocking animation from which a half-swing (called "counter") can be performed.
- Okay.
  • New: Half-swings performed from nudges, chain pauses and blocking animations are now of similar speed in all directions and spinning moves no longer occur in these cases. Swings chained in the air are unchanged.
- This is also quite retarded, because it means everyone is facehugging. There is NO purpose to ever being outside of nudge, unless you're low on BP. No one likes nudge.
  • New: Counters performed off of a full perfect block are instantaneous and deal 1.2 times BP drain regardless of swing blocking, walking or running.
- Which is also retarded, ALTHOUGH, I do like that you can counter swing from any direction, that is nice. However, this instantaneous counter nonsense, with the damage increase, is a bit silly. Especially with how easy it is to do.
  • New: Parrying now drains BP depending on which stance is being used with respect to the opponent's. For this feature, Blue/Cyan/Duals count as light styles, Yellow/Staff count as medium styles and Red/Purple count as heavy styles. Parrying against the same weight class or lighter results in 1 BP loss, a weight class one level above 2 BP loss, and a weight class 2 levels above 3 BP loss.
- Also retarded, it makes fast styles almost worthless. Parrying is now utterly pointless with such strong bonuses from pblocking. You may never have stepped outside your house and picked up a foil, let alone a historical sword, but parrying is a very important factor in sword fighting. Because you're redirecting the opponent's energy away from you, and then counter attacking.
  • New: When reaching/having 0 BP after a parry/cancel-out or after being semi-PBed, it is no longer possible to continue on with the combo.
- Okay?
  • Change: Force lightning now stuns Jedi/Sith equipped with a lightsaber if force focused or too low on FP (relative to FB level).
- A bit ridiculous, but I'm actually kind of okay with it, as long as you remove the blue perk regarding force focus, and replace it with something less intrusive. Maybe give blue a perk where they can take reduced blaster FP damage from force focusing a gunner? Or maybe allow them to move a bit faster while force focusing someone?
  • Change: ACC gain is removed from all saber special moves except DFAs (Forward+Jump+Attack).
- Keep AC gain, nerf damage. A lucky yellow DFA can spell disaster, and is quite annoying in tight areas. Recovering from a lucky yellow DFA, or Red DFA, can be very difficult, as it essentially puts you at 30 BP. I'd much prefer recovering from an opponent that received some AC than an opponent that did over half my BP in luck-damage.
  • Change: When pausing after a chain during a combo, the saberist now regains the ability to gain ACC for the next chain; a chain being a set of consecutive swings, as opposed to pausing then doing a half-swing; being hit and performing a counter also resets the chain, as does performing a consecutive swing in the air (while not hitting another opponent).
- Which is kind of weird, honestly. It feels like just trading blows at each other. It doesn't seem measured anymore, mostly just a counter swing fest, and is quite boring.
  • Change: Consecutive body hits within a single chain now only drain 0.5x as much BP. Only the first hit of a swing chain drains the normal 1.0x amount.
- Which is kind of dumb, there are MUCH better ways to stop combo spam, than making it useless. As I said before, if you took 1.3, nerfed Red/Purple, and MADE IT SO SWINGBLOCKING STOPPED COMBOS, boom, no more combo spam, unless you screw up your slap/footwork.
  • Change: Dual style slapping BP drain reduced from 16 to 8, dual now has the same increase in blocking arc as staff.
- That is fine, but keep in mind, staff/dual kick is rather hard to land against an opponent with good footwork. It should have some bit of reward.
  • Change: Slightly reduced purple, staff and dual styles' attacking power. Significantly reduced red style's attacking power. Increased cyan's defensive power.
- You pretty much ruined Staff, and Purple should have received a similar nerf that Red did. Purple is 10x stronger than Red in 1.3, and is still strong in 1.4. Albeit not as ridiculously OP as yellow. The only OP thing about staff was the Mblock, and all you have to do is reduce the duration of the stagger slightly and it'd be fine. Cyan never needed an increase in defensive power, especially now that you gave it Red's dumb perk. Parry cyan was fine, if anything I'd prefer you increase the parry damage of cyan, decrease the combo size, and reduce its defense by 50 percent. Atleast it'd be fun then. Why do the devs have a crippling fear of parries? That is how you're supposed to sword fight.
  • Change: Red BP drain on PB perk removed and given to cyan; cyan BP drain on parry removed. Red stagger on 3rd hit is now a shorter stagger (i.e. the player still cannot block blasterfire or PB swings during the stagger, unlike the flinch feature versus gunners).
- Absolutely nonsensical. Red was fine with it, gave it a reason not to spam swings, gave it flavor. The parry perk was demonstrably fine on cyan, and also gave it flavor, it made it effective against multiple opponents, and was by far the most fun style imo in the game. Cyan was not overpowered because of the parry perk, and good players had no difficulty in defeating it. Cyan was a weaker blue in 1.3, now it is a stronger blue in 1.4. Revert it. You literally made every style the same damned thing, and it is boring as all hell.
  • Change: Saber stagger speeds are now the same in every direction.
- Okay.
  • Change: Walking non-swing blocked saber swings now only deal 1.1 times more BP drain (down from 1.2 times), and running swings only deal 1.0 times more BP drain (down from 1.2 times).
- So another nerf to footwork, and a strange nerf to risk/reward playstyles. So now swingblock everything because non-swingblocking is pointless? I thought you people wanted to stray away from spam. I sort of agree with the running nerf, but you mostly just nerfed good footwork there, and made it harder to win 2v1s.
  • Change: Perfect block (full and semi) zones have been made smaller overall.
- Well I personally find it easier to pblock in 1.4.
  • Change: Overall BP drains have been increased by 1.2 times.
- Certainly doesn't feel like it. Maybe that is because the pblocking substantially outweighs the damage?
  • Change: ACM offsets are now the same for all styles. ACM = ACC - 1 for all styles. One exception has been added regarding ACC loss behavior: Blue/Cyan styles lose 2 ACC instead of 1 when bodyhit by styles other than Blue/Cyan, and when perfect blocked by Yellow. Blue/Cyan still lose only 1 ACC when bodyhit by Blue/Cyan.
- Which pretty much makes blue worthless, and cyan almost worthless. Building ACM on those styles has always been absolutely necessary, and now if the opponent knows how to pb/counter you just instantly lose your work. The ACM seemingly is just back and forth from 1.3.
  • Change: Slightly reduced the minimum delay between two saber strikes on a single opponent for blue style (other styles are unchanged).
- So... make it faster? I don't think you understand how blue works, and again, didn't you people want to stray AWAY from spam?
  • Change: Blue style's swing chaining capacity is now 2 swings instead of 8.
- Meh, I kind of like this change. Feels better to me.
  • Fix: Blue style's diagonal bouncing animations now work correctly.
- Okay.
  • Removed: Direction restrictions for chaining swing combos have been lifted for all styles.
- Another stupid move. Now you have mindless spam, such as WA WA WA WA WD and whatnot. After fighting Kael, I pretty much could get around his near-perfect PB skills by just spamming retarded combos like that, because you *cannot* predict something like that. The direction restrictions made learning sabering a challenge, and made getting around an opponent's block a challenge as well.

Jedi/Sith versus Gunners
There are also a good number of changes to the way saberists and gunners interact, with a few value changes and the addition of a new ‘Flinch’ mechanic. We wanted Jedi and Sith to really commit to a close quarters fight and to punish them for misplaying, and to reward gunners more for consistently hitting shots and dealing damage.
  • New: Jedi/Sith now have a universal 20% damage reduction in addition to the 0.75x when blocking. Does not apply when swing-blocking.
- So you pretty much nerfed every gunner weapon... in exchange for a flinch that only works well with weapons that have a high rate of fire. Why? Why should CR3 receive a bonus for hitting a Sith at point blank, over P1? Why didn't you just re-balance the weapons a little bit, THEN do something like this?
  • New: Saber-out melee moves like slap and jump kick are now stopped and cause a stagger when shot by a projectile from very close range.
- Do you have any idea how hard it is to land a slap on a semi-decent gunner? Why punish skill? Jump kick I can partially understand, but most weapons have knockback that prevents it from landing anyway. Jump kick was one of the best methods to dealing with Hero/Mando.
  • New: Flinch: Flinches are short directional staggers during which it is possible to use saber melee moves or block blaster fire if not pressing attack. Flinches now occur when a player who is not swing blocking gets shot by an opponent at very close range.
- Which only works well with weapons that have a high rate of fire. What are the odds of you hitting someone with one of the 50 CR3 projectiles you just shot, or the 1 T-21 primary you just shot? It is a poorly thought out system that only benefits a few weapons.
  • New: When a projectile hits a lightsaber, it will trigger a block from the saberist if the shot was going to hit his body or pass very close to his body, both when not attacking or when swing blocking; otherwise it will pass through the lightsaber.
- Okay, I'm fine with that.
  • Change: While meditating force sense level 3 no longer has an activation cost and does not impede FP regeneration.
- Why? What purpose does this serve? Are going to see a bunch of meditating Sith/Jedi camping around now? Why do you think this was a necessary change at all?
  • Change: Base saber deflection arc increased to 180°.
- Why not decrease it? If you want to nerf Jedi/Sith, you could just reduce that, and nerf some of the more overpowered gunner classes. You're going in opposite directions from what would make sense. I am all for saber deflection taking skill, but at the moment, it would just buff classes like Clone/Hero/BH/Mando, more than it would other gunners.
  • Change: Medium style point costs changed from 6/8/6 to 8/2/4.
- This is fine, I like it.
  • Change: Purple style swing damage reduced from 440 to 320, red style swing damage reduced from 600 to 450.
- So you just made Red/Purple pretty much completely pointless for open. Gotta have that yellow boner, am I right?
  • Change: Automatic blocking saber animations upon incoming projectiles now occur at all ranges, only when actually deflecting projectiles and not when projectiles pass close by, and they lead to half-swings similar to the nudging ones (no more instantaneous swings).
- Neat.
  • Removed: All saber vs gun stance perks have been removed, with the exception of duals and staff which now both have an increased deflection arc. (Red style damage reduction, purple style FP damage reduction, cyan style acrobatics not requiring FP, blue style blocking blaster shots while performing jump kick with saber out, duals reduced FP cost of force powers and staff increased FP regeneration out of combat).
- Red damage reduction was more or less a sort of necessity. While extreme, you could have just toned it down a little bit. Or you could, if you were an imaginative person, make a set of skills that you could build into for these types of perks, to add more diversity. So essentially you just sucked out more life from the styles, congratulations. These were neat things that added flavor. Nope. No flavor. Some gunners whined. Remove it all. I don't even see how the Cyan acrobatics not requiring FP is even an issue... like really? Why is staff FP regeneration even an issue? I have never been killed by someone with Cyan/Staff and said "Damn, I wish they didn't have those filthy perks". The others I can sort of understand. Admittedly purple was absolutely stupid. However, again, just seems like a huge lack of imagination. You just took out a bunch of things that made the styles unique, and didn't replace them with anything. That isn't how you make positive changes, devs.

Also this may be something that is really bothering me, but please. Bring back the old 'A'half swing animation. It looks so weird now.

I strongly wish that nudge will be given more time. I think it adds offensive and defensive abilities that weren't present in 1.3. It adds depth to a system that was lacking it. You can perfect block nudges. Fixing the clunky animations might be the fix that we need instead of removing nudge. I remember a large portion of people who loved rc3p4 because of nudge. I'd hope that this system is given enough time to reveal its true nature. It's so early to tell if this will be beneficial or bad.

Duels look more intense than ever, and last longer which is awesome! Yellow in the last build was nothing more than 4 swing combos, slap, 4 swing combo (lack of depth). Another thing that I expect to happen is that people will develop individualism in dueling like in the past. The more depth there is, the more open each player is to develop their own niche version of each stance. I expect a lot of people to disagree, but I truly think that the patch needs time. It's too early to remove anything.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I strongly wish that nudge will be given more time. I think it adds offensive and defensive abilities that weren't present in 1.3. It adds depth to a system that was lacking it. You can perfect block nudges. Fixing the clunky animations might be the fix that we need instead of removing nudge. I remember a large portion of people who loved rc3p4 because of nudge. I'd hope that this system is given enough time to reveal its true nature. It's so early to tell if this will be beneficial or bad.

Duels look more intense than ever, and last longer which is awesome! Yellow in the last build was nothing more than 4 swing combos, slap, 4 swing combo (lack of depth). Another thing that I expect to happen is that people will develop individualism in dueling like in the past. The more depth there is, the more open each player is to develop their own niche version of each stance. I expect a lot of people to disagree, but I truly think that the patch needs time. It's too early to remove anything.

You don't know how to saber... do you?

None of what you said actually happens ingame, and if you 'fix' the animations to nudge, people will never figure out the timing to abuse nudge. And the issue that I have with 1.4 is that it removed individuality from the styles, and the only style worth using is yellow, and the only strategy worth using is turtle.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Please be more specific and post reasons and arguments behind any ideas.
Sorry, what I mean is this. Dark side force powers need a buff to damage. It felt during the beta as though Lightning had the buff it needed so badly but it does not appear to be present in the final released build.

Also, Jedi feel a bit tanky with the damage reduction. It is nice for force only builds though.

LoU

R2D2
Sorry, what I mean is this. Dark side force powers need a buff to damage. It felt during the beta as though Lightning had the buff it needed so badly but it does not appear to be present in the final released build.

Also, Jedi feel a bit tanky with the damage reduction. It is nice for force only builds though.
Reasoning, arguments. You say they "need", you don't say why.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Also I like flinch, but I think that SBD, Deka, and maybe clone riffle shouldn't get flinch. The fire rate on those weapons specifically if a bit too much with flinch in the game. I'd recommend removing it from those weapons.
Rather than removing flinch entirely for deka and other high ROF weapons, maybe flinch animation speed should be dependent on the weapon causing the flinch. If you get hit with a high ROF weapon during a swing such as CR3, SBD FP3, or deka, the flinch would be much shorter than if you get hit with something like P3. This could also be extended to multiple fire modes on a single weapon, such as E-11 primary causing a longer flinch than E-11 secondary. This evens out the effort vs reward of hitting a jedi with high ROF vs low ROF weapons, since it's far easier to land a hit during a swing with a high ROF weapon.

Alternatively, tie flinch animation speed to damage received (or the base damage of the shot, since I'm not sure headshots need any further reward) for a similar effect since damage is usually inversely related to ROF.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Reasoning, arguments. You say they "need", you don't say why.
Currently trying to use the dark side force powers as an offensive weapon is not very effective, they are merely support for follow up by teammates or a lightsaber. Force using only Sith don't have much use for them alone since the damage done is not very much but the force use is very high. During the beta, it seemed as though force lightning had a damage increase on fallen players which gave more of an advantage to getting Lightning level 3 but it seems as though that buff is not present now.

Example situation: A clone is running down a hallway and passes a hiding Force Sith with Push 3 and Lightning 3. The Sith activates his power on the now ambushed player. He is force to the ground and now paralyzed from long getup and surging electricity. The Sith now runs out of Force Power while the clone still has a substantial amount of health left and effortlessly shoots him to death at the close range.

During the limited beta I witnessed many accounts of Lightning 3 quickly making work of fallen victims, with it seemed faster health depletion and more overall damage. This is not present in the current build and leaves me wondering why it was left out since it seemed so much more helpful and fun.

You don't know how to saber... do you?

latest

Don't question other's people's saber skill on the forums when no one even knows who you are.

Nudge has been reintroduced and I personally think it's one of the better changes Stassin has made. The nudge zones aren't even as prominent and in your face as they were back in older builds, and people will still complain about it. Yes, it promotes facehugging and instant swings, but it also stops the turn based system of Saberist A combos + slaps --> Saberist B combos + slaps. Now duels have a wild card at every moment that is the nudge instant swing. It adds a passive timing factor in every duel that stops stalemates and repeated patterns in dueling. I saw Sekundus on the server yesterday full BP killing everyone just off of nudge timing alone, which is incredibly hard to do and one of the most skill based things I've seen in the this system so far.

I'm actually pretty happy with this build in general, and once people learn how to play with nudge and see the benefits to it they'll realize it never should have been taken out of the saber system in the first place. Next step, bring back interrupts instead of extremely forgiving parries. You're on the right track Stassin, it's better than 1.3 at least :D

Last edited:
Seeing as sombody deleted my post while I was editing.
I was going to say some gun models are missing thier animations, and was going to say that I don't think we will mind them being cut until they are fixed.

And that a basic E11 model for the first order troopers will be fine.
Now I recall a dev saying that it was either this, or the gun would spin side-ways while animating.
So i don't think it is a bug, but intentional.

Seeing as first order guns look like toys, and not something designed in the 80's they don't really animate much but I think some gun sway would make it nice, and instead of animating the front end into your shoulder like the classic E-11 does.

Mace has some gun sway animations in his Erdian crisis videos, and I think that would fit the first order weapon, but tone down the sway so it sways slightly.

Around 0:25 is what im talking about.

Last edited:
1.4 Dueling Pros & Cons Feedback

Pros:
  • Dynamic duels -
    • We get strategies outside of PB -> slap -> spam -> spam -> slap -> spam, or parry x4 -> parry x4 -> parry x4.
    • Feints are way more useful now and they work well for breaking timing
    • Swings into halfswing combos are sexy
    • Nudge makes duels feel alive instead of robotic
  • Pblocking punishes mindless spammers
  • Semi pblocks when running adds a nice touch
  • It's possible to turn duels around
    • ACM is no longer a one way ticket to ripperoni and duels can turn around
Cons:
  • The A halfswing is useless (should be wayy faster)
  • Animations can get pretty hairy
    • especially with blue v blue or any nudge heavy matchup
  • Too many changes to pinpoint everything that needs balancing

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
That is pretty much how the fighting still goes, only more weighted towards PB.

Feints are way more useful now and they work well for breaking timing
Feints were always useful to bait out a counter swing. Now they're just a way to bypass using your first swing and risking getting pblocked.

Swings into halfswing combos are sexy
So... like they were?

Nudge makes duels feel alive instead of robotic
Nudge makes duels feel stale, instead of alive. Nudging is literally face hugging, I don't see how that brings it alive. It just suddenly makes your swings faster.

Pblocking punishes mindless spammers
Actually, quite the opposite. Mindless spamming is the best way to get around a pblock, because WA WA WA WD is harder to predict and pblock than the thought out SD WD WA SD.

Semi pblocks when running adds a nice touch
Not particularly, just makes it more difficult to kill people running away.

It's possible to turn duels around
ACM is no longer a one way ticket to ripperoni and duels can turn around

Yes, and turn around, and turn around, and turn around, and turn around, until someone gets bored and kills themselves. ACM serves almost no purpose.

The A halfswing is useless (should be wayy faster

Just use nudge. Half swings are replaced by nudge spam.

Animations can get pretty hairy
especially with blue v blue or any nudge heavy matchup

It isn't the animations, it is just ridiculously fast swing spam.

Too many changes to pinpoint everything that needs balancing

Already pinpointed it. Most of it is terrible. A few fixes are fine. Overcomplicated attempt to balance a patch that didn't need much balancing.

Great update. Hope you''ll keep up the good work despite these random angry people, since they are just the loudest and most likely not the majority.
Is lightning range increased? This might be too powerful but i gotta see it more often.
Anyway thanks for still working on MB2.

Reactions: LoU

You said both but where's the grip focus:)

Grip's damage is piss poor. You can run down the counter, grip 3 a soldier twice, or was it thrice?, and the dmg still isn't enough.
The nerfs to grip over the years...just when you thought they couldnt do more, there they go again.

Yeah, yeah, I get its a stun/lock power for the most part. Which I find dissatisfying btw. When compared to the ease you can use lightning, very few people generally on average use grip.

Which is a crime!!

It is the Iconic Force Power!

Force choking officers was Darth Vaders signature move.

Landing a lock is difficult enough due to the lock on time, the icon that alerts the target and the force amount required.
Then there's the massive exposure to enemy blaster fire and force powers...

With that amount of risk, if you choose to continue the grip, the dmg should be worth it. Fatal.

I don't even see the point of getting grip 3 over 2 beyond some lulzyness. Yeah, maybe on a ledge it gives you an edge at times...thats about it.

Up the dmg of grip 3 at least.

The other idea I had was to make Force Grip a bit more versatile, dangerous in use. Right now, when you release grip, the target just drops to the ground.
You went from choking his throat with the power of the force to oh, my force choking hand got sore?

When you relase grip, maybe make this a grip 3 power, maybe, just maybe, you should be able to force throw him. Not push, this would just use the player you just gripped as a single object you could hurl to the ground or at someone. Going even further, you could synergize it with force push or force pull.

You get grip and push, you can throw the target. Grip and pull, he falls to your feet, drops his gun, etc.

What has been done to Grip is a crime. When I think of all the potential victims its lost. I weep.

Status
Not open for further replies.