Official 1.4 Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please post feedback in this thread.

Offtopic will be rewarded with warning points or temp bans.

You can copy/paste your ideas, feedback, criticism from other threads since because of high amount of pointless posts, these threads have been closed.

Before posting please make sure you read
Feedback & Gameplay Posting Guidelines

Report bugs here: Bug Tracker

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So then why is Sev still wrong?

90% of the stuff you post is wrong. Plenty of more experienced gunners, duelists, and developers have told you why but you refuse to budge.

Is that why you still whined about lightning?

Because perma stun in ANY game is annoying? Even 5 second stuns in video games feels like an eternity and its so easy for someone to kill you during those 5 seconds. It takes little skill to completely disable and most likely kill someone with it.

You literally have no facts for anything you've been spewing for "X doesnt require nerfs or buffs" because you literally have no idea how to play 90% of the things in the game. Almost everything you have said in every forum post I have read is incredibly biased and flat out wrong but you will attempt to defend them for an eternity. You do not understand this game at all. I've seen a lot of people criticize development or give suggestions on the forums but I have never seen over the course of 10 years someone so blatantly wrong about everything but so adamant that they are not.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Well, I'm sure all the jedi/sith can at least agree on this:
nD2CPfa.png

Lol'd really hard.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
90% of the stuff you post is wrong. Plenty of more experienced gunners, duelists, and developers have told you why but you refuse to budge.

Experience does not make one correct. In the short time I've played, I've surpassed most of these 'experienced duelists'. I may not be a good gunner, but I can see where a 20 percent damage nerf to every weapon across the board can provide serious problems for some, over others.

Because perma stun in ANY game is annoying? Even 5 second stuns in video games feels like an eternity and its so easy for someone to kill you during those 5 seconds. It takes little skill to completely disable and most likely kill someone with it.

You literally have no facts for anything you've been spewing for "X doesnt require nerfs or buffs" because you literally have no idea how to play 90% of the things in the game. Almost everything you have said in every forum post I have read is incredibly biased and flat out wrong but you will attempt to defend them for an eternity. You do not understand this game at all. I've seen a lot of people criticize development or give suggestions on the forums but I have never seen over the course of 10 years someone so blatantly wrong about everything but so adamant that they are not.

So just pick Wookiee, or work with a team. Tis what everyone else does against me, I don't know why you should be an exception. I was constantly told that MB2 is about teamwork, not individual skill, so go work with your team. Or you could, you know, accuse all of GAR of hacking and then mute people that tell you otherwise.

No facts eh? For a whole 90 percent? Got any evidence for this, captain hominem?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
....Can we not on this thread as well?

Sorry, it appears that I'm just attractive to Ad-Hominem attacks. Even the devs seem to be trying to use them to discredit me. I swear, I'm only trying to put forward points to help the game.

Sorry, it appears that I'm just attractive to Ad-Hominem attacks. Even the devs seem to be trying to use them to discredit me. I swear, I'm only trying to put forward points to help the game.

I wish for either side to just stop. Can we just agree to disagree? Though I don't agree with everything you said, I can at least respect that you took the time to provide feedback (and test) the things that you saw. It's obvious 1.4 provided the biggest changes to the saber system and I think pretty much everyone has covered the major points by now. For better or for worse, we are going to have to learn from the current system until new changes come.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I wish for either side to just stop. Can we just agree to disagree? Though I don't agree with everything you said, I can at least respect that you took the time to provide feedback (and test) the things that you saw. It's obvious 1.4 provided the biggest changes to the saber system and I think pretty much everyone has covered the major points by now. For better or for worse, we are going to have to learn from the current system until new changes come.

I have to champion 1.3 atleast a little, I'm mostly irritated by Nudge, Pblocks stopping combos, and Yellow perk. Those are the largest offenders, and I can't really rest until those are gone. Otherwise, I'd grudgingly accept the rest of the changes/fixes. Those are ruining sabering for a huge amount of skilled saberists.

What makes me fight even harder, is how arrogant the devs come back as, stating that it is merely a fault of the saberists for not enjoying the new MB2, as though they're the gold standard for how all sabering should be.

The fact that I have seen first hand how childish the devs can be, and how hard they argue for things they implement to the point to where they insult those arguing with them, makes me even more stubborn.

So yeah, sorry, but it is just something that I have to undertake, because no one else will. I'm pretty much the only person from the countless people ingame who is voicing his anti-1.4 opinion on the forums, beyond Seth and a few others. If the devs don't get feedback from how shit their patches are, it is like a chef not getting feedback from how shit his food is. Nothing is ever fixed, and it only gets worse. People always tell me that 1.3 was the worst saber system ever, and yet, to me, 1.4 is substantially worse. I've now been told that every single patch has just been making everything worse, over time.

Again, perhaps this is a symptom of Dev arrogance, and not receiving the proper feedback. Perhaps the circle jerk needs to stop, and they need to be told of their failures.

Or perhaps I'm an asshole that can't ever be wrong. Who knows, certainly not I, but I'm still going to tell them what I feel is wrong, and have the common courtesy of telling them why it is wrong and giving them ideas on how to fix it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Experience does not make one correct. In the short time I've played, I've surpassed most of these 'experienced duelists'. I may not be a good gunner, but I can see where a 20 percent damage nerf to every weapon across the board can provide serious problems for some, over others.

Except it doesn't because it was balanced around that prior to it being removed. It isn't much different from adding a flat health boost in the form of armor.

Or you could, you know, accuse all of GAR of hacking and then mute people that tell you otherwise.

You know I literally went into the Anti-Cheat after I said that and found 4 people with GAR tags in the 5 most recent pages of notifications using two different cheats. Okay. There are people in AOD that use cheats, there's someone I've known since I was like 13 that uses cheats that the anti-cheat caught. What makes you think GAR is so immune?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Except it doesn't because it was balanced around that prior to it being removed. It isn't much different from adding a flat health boost in the form of armor.

"Oh you don't have to worry about that, it was fixed before it was fixed"

"But the problem is still there"

"IT WAS FIXED ALREADY, MOVE ON"

Are you trying to sweep this under the rug or something? Again, this isn't a hard philosophical idea to understand, this is in-game, this is easily reproduced. You're telling me that a 20 percent damage reduction to P1 is balanced, because you have the chance to flinch? You're telling me that the increase in deflection radius is balanced, because P1 has a chance to flinch? You're joking, right? The 20 percent damage nerf, faaaaar outweighs the potential to flinch someone with P1. If someone with a saber, gets close to you, while you have P1, flinch isn't going to mean much, you're pretty much dead regardless.

Whereas, with CR2/3, flinch actually far outweighs the damage reduction, as you have plenty of chances to flinch their swing. Flinch is an ease of use MODIFIER, and it is more beneficial to weapons with a high rate of fire, because you get more chances to hit the target before their swing connects. That is simple logic. Yet you're telling me... that a weapon with a ridiculously slow rate of fire, that gives you ONE chance to flinch before you get hit, is perfectly balanced, despite receiving an overall 20 percent damage nerf?

Yet, you can't seem to understand, that lightning has an enormous counter in teamwork/wookiee/jedi class, and instead whine about it for close to 20 minutes ingame.

Why were you anywhere near balance decisions? I'm sorry, if this response offends you, but I'd really like to hear the reasoning for that.

You know I literally went into the Anti-Cheat after I found that and found 4 people with GAR tags in the 5 most recent pages of notifications using two different cheats. Okay.

Oh, and your anti-cheat system I'm sure is completely infallible. GAR = known hackers now. Clearly. I'm sure that gave you all the reason to mute two people that were telling you why your reasoning is terrible.

Arrogance is blinding.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Oh, and your anti-cheat system I'm sure is completely infallible. GAR = known hackers now. Clearly. I'm sure that gave you all the reason to mute two people that were telling you why your reasoning is terrible.

Arrogance is blinding.

For detecting known and unmodified hacks that have been around for years? Yes it is.

You can continue putting words in my mouth for the other stuff all you want. Not even going to respond to it. I wasn't even a part of the flinch/deflection arc stuff.

Last edited:
I have to champion 1.3 atleast a little, I'm mostly irritated by Nudge, Pblocks stopping combos, and Yellow perk. Those are the largest offenders, and I can't really rest until those are gone. Otherwise, I'd grudgingly accept the rest of the changes/fixes. Those are ruining sabering for a huge amount of skilled saberists.

What makes me fight even harder, is how arrogant the devs come back as, stating that it is merely a fault of the saberists for not enjoying the new MB2, as though they're the gold standard for how all sabering should be.

The fact that I have seen first hand how childish the devs can be, and how hard they argue for things they implement to the point to where they insult those arguing with them, makes me even more stubborn.

So yeah, sorry, but it is just something that I have to undertake, because no one else will. I'm pretty much the only person from the countless people ingame who is voicing his anti-1.4 opinion on the forums, beyond Seth and a few others. If the devs don't get feedback from how shit their patches are, it is like a chef not getting feedback from how shit his food is. Nothing is ever fixed, and it only gets worse. People always tell me that 1.3 was the worst saber system ever, and yet, to me, 1.4 is substantially worse. I've now been told that every single patch has just been making everything worse, over time.

Again, perhaps this is a symptom of Dev arrogance, and not receiving the proper feedback. Perhaps the circle jerk needs to stop, and they need to be told of their failures.

Or perhaps I'm an asshole that can't ever be wrong. Who knows, certainly not I, but I'm still going to tell them what I feel is wrong, and have the common courtesy of telling them why it is wrong and giving them ideas on how to fix it.

I'm thinking a poll would be the best bet for getting the overall opinion on 1.4. I've asked around over the last couple of days, and I've only heard complaints coming from the duel servers concerning nudge and how the A swing appears to be broken. No one is really complaining about anything else on Open servers and I rarely hear anyone saying it's so bad it should die.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm thinking a poll would be the best bet for getting the overall opinion on 1.4. I've asked around over the last couple of days, and I've only heard complaints coming from the duel servers concerning nudge and how the A swing appears to be broken. No one is really complaining about anything else on Open servers and I rarely hear anyone saying it's so bad it should die.

That is all I've seen too.

LoU

R2D2
Keep in mind, this is teambased mod. Teamwork, not 1on1. We kinda tweaked that too, to make people think more before taking any actions. It supposed to be harder. more competitive than casual, arcade game.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Keep in mind, this is teambased mod. Teamwork, not 1on1. We kinda tweaked that too, to make people think more before taking any actions. It supposed to be harder. more competitive than casual, arcade game.

While that is mostly true for open (and I agree with it in gunner v gunner/gunner v saber), sabering should be separate from that. Sabering should be 100% skill based, and killing multiple saberists, as a saberist, should be fully based on your ability. Which it sort of felt like that in 1.3, but not so much in 1.4.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
And I asked you, that very day, to give me a list of the 'GAR' hackers, so that I could actually watch them myself, and find out myself. Yet instead of providing any evidence for your ridiculous accusation, you muted people that disagreed with you. I have been training GAR, since I mastered a few saber styles, and I have never once seen anyone with 'unnatural' abilities, I have seen nothing but normal talent and skill. So it is essentially my word, against yours, because you have failed to provide any sort of evidence. See this? This is called an impasse. This is why you provide proper arguments, and not a collection of loosely tied logical fallacies, and muting people with actual concerns.

It is not my place to provide the evidence because the team decided to keep it internal when I stated that. If they change their mind then it can be revealed. You do know that the large majority of people that hack are just bad at the game and you really aren't going to notice unnatural abilities because things like an aimbot aren't easy to do in this game due to slow projectiles? ESP can be hidden by playing jedi/sith with sense and the use of third person. It is easy to hide most of the hacks available for JKA.

That being said, are you EU or NA? Most EU duelists I've noticed only complain about Nudge. However most of the people I encounter in NA, absolutely despise 1.4, and if they don't, they do after they fight me.

I'm an NA player. Mainly play Open, but have been frequently playing on Duel servers lately to try to understand pblocking more. As I am playing on open, people complain about flinch when they die. In Duel servers, U.S. Official duel and AOD Honor Duels, people have been complaining about Nudge and the A swing. Haven't seen any complaints about the build as a whole being trash. Haven't seen any complaints from the changes to the saber system to much. Just a lot of people trying to learn how it works at the moment.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
It is not my place to provide the evidence because the team decided to keep it internal when I stated that. If they change their mind then it can be revealed. You do know that the large majority of people that hack are just bad at the game and you really aren't going to notice unnatural abilities because things like an aimbot aren't easy to do in this game due to slow projectiles? ESP can be hidden by playing jedi/sith with sense and the use of third person. It is easy to hide most of the hacks available for JKA.

So pretty much everything you've said is now moot, thank you. I'm not exactly positive why you would want 100% confirmed 'known' hackers to be internal, especially when someone with authority over those very people is asking for names so that they can confirm, and thus punish them.

However, that is still skirting the issue. Is your system fallible? There are multi-million dollar programs that falsely detect injectors as trojans. Have you developed an anti-cheat system, that cannot be wrong?

I'm an NA player. Mainly play Open, but have been frequently playing on Duel servers lately to try to understand pblocking more. As I am playing on open, people complain about flinch when they die. In Duel servers, U.S. Official duel and AOD Honor Duels, people have been complaining about Nudge and the A swing. Haven't seen any complaints about the build as a whole being trash. Haven't seen any complaints from the changes to the saber system to much. Just a lot of people trying to learn how it works at the moment.

I've been playing nothing but duel, and I've had the opposite experience. However, still, nudge being complained about is still a serious issue. It is the most obvious one, though. I'd wager a theory that most of the people that you've encountered complaining about nudge, haven't delved deep enough to notice the other pressing matters. I know that when I showed a whole server how quickly yellow can remove full ACM, they were all quite unhappy about 1.4.

Anywho, I'd be glad to help you practice pblocking if you want. I don't have anything better to do in MB2 except help players get used to this garbage system.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
However, that is still skirting the issue. Is your system fallible? There are multi-million dollar programs that falsely detect injectors as trojans. Have you developed an anti-cheat system, that cannot be wrong?

Jesus christ it is like you don't know how those programs work at all. There is a difference between detecting somethings exact signature and something similar to it. They detect injectors as trojans because it does something similar and tries to protect you against unknown attacks. The difference with the cheats we detect is they are known already which means we can directly detect their signature rather than guessing. Think a little bit before you speak.

LoU

R2D2
Please stop offtopic. AntiCheat is coded a way that it's not wrong if it detects hack.

Cut offtopic now.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Jesus christ it is like you don't know how those programs work at all. There is a difference between detecting somethings exact signature and something similar to it. They detect injectors as trojans because it does something similar and tries to protect you against unknown attacks. The difference with the cheats we detect is they are known already which means we can directly detect their signature rather than guessing. Think a little bit before you speak.

Right then, so what known signatures are there to these hacks? How does your program specifically link these? And who in GAR was hacking, and what specific hacks were they using?

Without going further into this, we can't determine if your anti-cheat is accurate or not, can we? You pretty much stealthfully installed an anti-cheat system, without telling anyone how it works specifically, and suddenly claim that 4 mysterious GAR members, hack. I don't even think there were 4 GAR members online during the beta when you said this.

Status
Not open for further replies.