Wookiee encounter difficulties

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
should be easily counterable in many other ways, sadly balance isn't a strong suit of the current dev team

I appear to have forgotten who was a beta tester and gave feedback to balance changes made by the development team.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I play sith and constantly have problems trying to kill wookie, though I use don't use red. But even if I did, personal game experience of one man is not a point; the point is that walking carpets are troubles for whole imps team, even for skilled players. I see pretty often how wookie just entering battlefield and crushing opponents with his fists one after another, so I cannot agree that they need to be buffed.

There is a lot of opportunities for wooks: sith can't just crouch all the time, and not every sith have red-style saber; you can use guns, as was mentioned earlier; wookie can hide around the corner, suddenly run out and smash everybody who are close to him. Just use your imagination ;)

Btw there are similar topics:
Questionnaire regarding Jedi/Sith | Movie Battles II Community
What are wookiees weak against? | Movie Battles II Community
[Minor buff] Wookiee Charge | Movie Battles II Community

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I consider myself a casual (at most) jedi/sith player (gunners FTW!), and funny enough, I *never* have problems with killing wooks as sith. Sure, obviously i do mistakes sometimes and die punched - but it is just that, mistakes, not some balance issue.

Still, it might be just because saberists are so absurdly Op in current build, dunno.

// Edit

OTOH the logic of "I want to play melee only and rekt" is terribly flawed, obviously. OP was given advices on how to counter red using bowcaster/nades, and if OP doesn't want to use them due to whatever ideology, then no point in asking. Melee shouldn't be able to kill anything and everything all the time (or even half the time).

Also, player that stack the one team due to personal preferences - even if teams are unbalanced - is a bad player, indeed.

/Cat Lady

Last edited:
Reactions: LoU

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Wookiee melee efficiency shows the best when you have bowcaster + melee barge. When playing JUST melee, you are usually too easy to predict without a good force power ripping gun. Well, this also depends highly on a sith's skill level and of course a surprise attack can take any1, but when both are concentrated on each other, sith has the upper hand on melee wookiee considering that the sith isn't at low health.

Barge is your greatest weapon. It is fast and the dmg that comes out of it CANNOT be dodged by even crouching. Sure, no knockdown, but if you have any idea about your enemy's health, he is done for. Now when you have barge and bowcaster, you can switch between these 2 and try to keep the sith on its edge. Even I was surprised how ultra fast you can switch to melee and use barge right away, so it can outmaneuver even the fastest siths.

Direct hit barge(un-raged) on a crouching sith does up to 36 damage. Leaving them with 64 health and typically, you dead.

Why? 2-side sweeps with yellow is more than enough. Not to mention instead of rewarding you for a direct hit, all it does is slow you down as que mb2 physx other players are walls you must either *go around*, *kill*, or *jump over*.

The best way to use barge when your going melee only against a full healther is to clip them. But shouldnt direct hits be rewarded? And it makes so much sense that someone crouching on their knees is actually harder to tip over? Lulz. A gameplay mechanic we've taken for granted for years and never thought, but does that really make sense:)

Regardless, again, same damn thing. Sith ez mode it with crouch-sabering while wooks need to change weapons, tactics and resort to tricks that require a substantial more amount of effort(hence the inbalance) than using two buttons - crouch/attack.

What's especially interesting is that while everyone talks about these strategems, most of the community can't pull them off effectively - ever.
While almost everybody can crouch-attack with ez.

Hilarious. A direct hit with barge actually seals the wooks fate. Shouldnt it be the opposite?:)

Vote Wookiee!

And for those that cry, but its too hard then. You can always lock wooks with bowcaster out of rage/barge.
Real wookiees use their claws.

Cat Lady

Don't worry, the fact that saberists are grotesquely overpowered (as in current build) won't last forever.

Cat Lady

5$ donation to MB2 - soon
10$ donation to MB2 - sooner
15$ donation to MB2 - soonerishner
20$...

;)

Seriously though, rather very sooner than later. So soon that no one will expect it, like spanish inquisition. I can't say more, or Supa will bite my head off :(

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Ha your wall message on my profile inspired me to play Melee wookiee yesterday, it was a lot of fun and I got a pretty good ratio out of it.

I think we should reschedule it then ;)
spongebob-no-money.jpg