Questionnaire regarding Jedi/Sith

balance is good, skill required is extremely skewed towards gunners i.e. jedi takes little skill but is equally strong

knockback should be introduced to reward consecutive hp hits to remedy this, other than that removing perks like purple's and red's is something that also should happen imo

I agree. A change, or increase to knock-back from blaster fire seems to be the proper remedy to reward aim, and increase the skill necessary to swing through the enemy team.

Reactions: LoU
Most gunners fare poorly in aiming against saberists in extreme close range.They simply don't know where to aim or aren't quick enough. 2many playing 3 person I guess?
Where as jedi...pretty much swing an I win button.

Some knockback would be nice. Not too much. I'd also increase the drain overall outside of IDR.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Most gunners fare poorly in aiming against saberists in extreme close range.They simply don't know where to aim or aren't quick enough. 2many playing 3 person I guess?

This is actually interesting and I never thought about it before. For not skilled people, how much does the character being in the way and third person in general affect their aim in close range against Jedi/Sith? I have a button on my mouse that I toggle to quickly switch to first when I need it and I bet a decent amount of people don't think to do that.

I'd say it depends on what point of reference they use to aim.

For players playing 3rd Person that largely use their crosshair to aim...I'd say its an impediment.
Strafing jedi go outside the frame of the crosshair when in close proximity. You have to lead your crosshair significantly more and people don't seem to do that.
Its always puzzled me. You know you're missing. Why not learn why you're missing and adjust aim/tactics accordingly?

It's not their speed of adjusting to the shift in direction but rather the fact they don't know where to aim.
And as to those that track their aim by tracking their blasterfire, same thing. Blasterfire seems to come out a few feet in front of your model as far as you can see. Up close, you cant really aim/track by your gunfire so thats another minor con.

Myself, I simply switch points of reference rather than shift in to 1st person. I ignore the crosshair and just use my player model to align it partially against theirs depending on what direction they're strafing. It's easy and effective. Another important bit is that you have to look down when they're in you're face. Almost everybody aims too high. Aim down and you hit them in the chest. It might do less dmg but that more than makes up for the fact that you miss far less. The chest is easier to hit than the head after all.

(Had a vision of enemy proximity and your crosshair on them slowly shifting you from 3rd to 1st to make it easier to aim/follow.)

Is there a cmd to disable the bobbing in first person when crouching-moving? I don't recall.
And whats up with the mandos being able to wallhack now by flying up into the ceiling:)
Before it just forced you into 1st. Noticed this for a few builds now.

Last edited:
This is actually interesting and I never thought about it before. For not skilled people, how much does the character being in the way and third person in general affect their aim in close range against Jedi/Sith? I have a button on my mouse that I toggle to quickly switch to first when I need it and I bet a decent amount of people don't think to do that.

I would be the best one to ask I guess because I pick the gun classes exclusively, and im only a month and a half new player.

I don't touch 3rd person unless I pick the classes that can melee, or switch when peeking corners. Like, I use 1st person when gunning in CQC range. The 3rd person in this game just makes me feel uncomfortable when using guns, I use it a lot on FA. For example when playing the Droid commando on Republic cruiser. Because I can see my jumps and my hitbox giving me clear indicators on what I dodged. I only play 3rd person exclusively on sbd and wookie.

Typically you would provide reasoning towards your stance. That is how proper feedback is received.
Typically I would, however this time there's a questionnaire. You see, I already provided in-depth feedback on the survey. And now a pool of data can determine the consensus opinion. I'll give you my basic thoughts.

Jedi vs gunner is already balanced given mb2's game mechanics. Sure, it isn't possible to go Samuel Jackson on 800 battledroids, but that would be ridiculous anyway. When playing a jedi vs gunner matchup each scenario throws something different your way.

A jedi's odds go down drastically with multiple enemies. 1 jedi vs 2+ gunners and he can get flanked or overpowered. But this is exactly my point, jedi may be the best team support however gunners win battles.

But to clarify my answer, I wouldn't change anything drastically. Jedi are already quite powerful in some ways, and likewise gunners are quite powerful in other ways. I believe each fulfills their roles true to the movies and lore.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I think it's balanced now, more or less, with exceptions: wookies and clones.
It's a bit difficult to fight against walking carpets, and specially against troopers with their rifles: clone uses blob shot, sith get knockdown, sith takes fire, sith is dead.
Not even necessary to hit a sith, just place blast to the floor, near opponent.

we actually had a knockback system in beta not too long ago that increased the knockback distance exponentially based on the number of consecutive hits (within x ms), myself and some others thought it was really good but sadly it was scrapped. something like that, that rewards consistent aim more than strafing and pressing the slash button as a jedi, would improve the current system greatly in my opinon :)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure in B18 [and currently just in reduced form] knockback is based on damage taken, which rewards aim more -precisely- than ROF/frequency of hits.

I'm pretty sure in B18 [and currently just in reduced form] knockback is based on damage taken, which rewards aim more -precisely- than ROF/frequency of hits.

you can't accurately control where your bullets hit between all these factors:

1. delay in the game engine
2. delay in the bullet travel time
3. swing animations (arms getting in the way of headshots etc)
4. dodging swings -> youre running -> usually no weapon accuracy

aka you're wrong, the current system does not reward aim as getting headshots in mb2 generally (and particularly in this kinda situation) is mostly if not entirely luck based

Okay cupcake. :]

You're arguing over a scrapped mechanic versus currently installed and tested mechanic. Shots consecutively taken multiplying knockback is hilariously biased towards ROF versus precision. Which is the epitome of "dumbing down" versus "rewarding skill"

Last edited: