[Minor buff] Wookiee Charge

It came to my attention after a few discussions and testing that Wookiee charge is entirely negated [except for damage] by crouching. This to me seems sort of silly, given that the ability is inherently hard to land due to it's predictable path, combined with the slow movement of the wookiee itself. [Comparison to speed lunge, 5x+ the distance and 3x+ the speed, also instant kill]

I firmly believe that if a wookiee actually lands this ability, they should be rewarded with a knockdown, period. The fact that a wookiee is just outright shafted by a crouching Sith seems off. I do really feel that wookiees [in the sniper/jedi meta of NA] are in need of something that gives them a real reward for landing their key ability in the rage kit.

Not to mention wookiees via lore [don't kill me for realism vs balance, i started balance first but still feel the need to mention this!!!] are like 800 pound balls of muscle that tear off limbs if they get ahold of you. I don't think crouching is going to stop you from getting your butt flung across the room by them.

If it's not feasible to allow it on the non-rage charge, at least provide it to the rage charge. Though in my eyes I'd give it to both, since it works on the gameplay design they're meant to have, brutal upclose beaters... Except they're really not that brutal up close.

Last edited:

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Absolutely agreed, in fact crounched character would just get stomped upon, to his death. Giving it to raging wook only sounds like good idea, balance-wise.

/Cat Lady

Give a wookie ability to run on knocked down players and deal some dmg, that would be awesomewookietruck

it's an ability that requires no skill to use and shouldn't require any to counter it, it's already too powerful in small spaces on maps like smuggler alderaan lunarbase

it's an ability that requires no skill to use and shouldn't require any to counter it, it's already too powerful in small spaces on maps like smuggler alderaan lunarbase
you mean a wookiee is good in the environment it's meant to shine in? that makes sense to me.
you know what's better than a melee wook in every situation? a sith.

I never really noticed that. It should knock them down.

There are times when melee wook is weak against sith and then times when they're almost too strong. Against multiple sith, especially bad to average, in close quarters, god-like. They're panicked swings interrupt against each other while I reap the benefits:)

BButtttttttttttt...................

With the advent of 1 swing kills courtesy red/purple and the fact that even yellow crouch swings finish off a wook quickly - charge should knock down or do even more dmg against crouch whores:)

Red in general is annoying now. Half of duels are spam them red combos, nice and quick. I know I do it when I bother to remember what combos to use.
I say screw it and reduce red run speed even more. You close that distance on that wook before you swing.

Better yet, instead of knockdown, rage charge should stagger and disarm saber whores.:)

You know what else, and just because I like to screw around, pulse nades should affect lightsabers just as long as they do dekas and sbds!
50 damage saber throws for everyone!
Rage Leap! Using your back direction button and hitting charge during rage lets the wookiee pounce upon a target, knocking them down and stunning them, think lightning push stun/knockdown length and vulnerability. Afterwards, they pound their chest. Think King Kong.

Phelps

Donator
I disagree with OT.
If you land the charge well, you only need two more punches to finish the enemy off. It needs some form of a counter, which crouch does. You can't make an ability op'ed just because Sith SOMETIMES beats the user. I have seen more successful barges than the unsuccessful ones.
There are other ways to counter Sith with a wookiee and using shoulder barge should be among them, it should not be some insta win button. Time it well, use it well. There are times when you use it and times when you just don't.

I think knocking down crouching sith is too much, but it would be nice if you didn't remain in front of the sith. Now it's a lot of time instadeath when the sith is crouching.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
For God's sake, why do you need wookie get even more overpowered? It's already pretty effective against sith, I often watch wookie killing sith with his bear hands one by one.
Red in general is annoying now. Half of duels are spam them red combos, nice and quick. I know I do it when I bother to remember what combos to use.
But to waste walking carpet with red, you need, at least, to have red and than actually hit the wook with a saber. You know, this is not too easy, not easy at all. Wookies running pretty fast, so weapon just cutting air :(
There's topic alongside this one, where people try to figure out how to smite a wook: What are wookiees weak against? | Movie Battles II Community

Phelps

Donator
I think knocking down crouching sith is too much, but it would be nice if you didn't remain in front of the sith. Now it's a lot of time instadeath when the sith is crouching.

Penalty for not using the ability well.

Best thing is making siths swing spam because they're expecting a barge and then switching to pistol and shooting them in the head with your pistol from safe distance. Possibility of getting rage /WTF responses if that 1 shot kills: high
Also if you're a player who's not afraid to do hazardous things then against a crouching sith, you should aim at the side or edge of the sith and do a barge close up, you will score in a hit and have enough momentum to get out of his saber range. Needs good timing and/or luck, cause it can easily happen that you get slashed(=dead if red/purple) while you're close to the sith.

So yea my opinion is that wook barge/charge doesn't need buff.

Phelps

Donator
Cool, I have the other experience. People using barge in the right time and place. If you expect to switch weapon to melee in front of Sith and expect him not to expect the barge, then I have a really bad news for you. At least now, the ability requires some skill in timing and using it in the right space. If you hope to run towards Sith and switch to melee and barge him all of a sudden, he surely will expect it. Do you realize, how embarrassing that sounds/looks if you were to implement the ability? User just running towards Sith, Sith unable to know when the barge will be used, his only defense sheer luck with swinging the saber at the right time.

Are we also forgetting how powerful that ability is against gunners? That's like the most important question here. And we are seriously gonna buff it even further, just because you can't fight Sith with a Wookiee? I seriously don't think, that we should redo some skill just because of Sith v Wookiee scenario. Crouch gives at least those with higher HP, solds and cmds be screwed, some fighting chance against close up with Wookiee.

Still, unsuccessful barge means, you still have shitload of power in arms against gunners. In my opinion, at least one class should be able to punish you for that one unsuccessful barge. Sith.

Last edited:

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sith unable to know when the barge will be used, his only defense sheer luck with swinging the saber at the right time.

No, just strafing left-right, as one can't change direction during barge. It takes exactly as long as crouching, except that you actually need to strafe in correct direction, instead of current crouch "press button to win" variant.

Albeit, I agree with the point about wook vs. gunners. While SBD's are basically very dead now if wookie get close, with barge ignoring crounch they would be insta-death. No problem with making only this class immune while crouching, though. Other classes need to do exactly the same thing as sith - strafe to the right/left, and aim for head, instead of "press to win" crouch and aim for head.

/Cat Lady

Phelps

Donator
Crouch is hardly a press to win, since wookiee needs to just punch the gunner twice, depending on the HP of the enemy.

Once upon a time ago I complained about ET's getting shit on so much compared to the other classes, then I sat on it and came to the conclusion that ET is a common pool class does not have a specialization other than advancing the line or holding it. Its a class that can perform okay against everyone, but it's nothing special.

It's until I started playing classes outside of the ET/CM I understood its place in the world. I wanted the class to be viable against every class instead of okay. ET/CM is a an upgraded soldier, that's all it is. The SBD is the best class I used to fight jedi, and the hero class is the best class I used to fight sith.

The wookie's place is that it's a tanky gunner or a tanky saber. I noticed wookies work best to scatter groups or make people panic and run. They work very well with guns, and the rage mode is perfect in situations you are out numbered. Wookies are not the counter to sith rather than they are the swords to use to break a defensive line.

Just shoot them if they are crouching, its not like you suffer from push and pulls. Just adapt and don't rely on shoulder barge. Its easy to switch between fists and your bowcaster, just kite them into your team or until their block is worn down. Don't specialize just in melee unless you can pull it off. Pull a point from your health and put it in your bow-caster, the bow-caster is a very viable weapon even at level 1.

You're fighting a sith, he is either going to one shot you or two and if hes bad 3. You will instantly die if he is using red style so you might as well stick to keeping a distance and using range, I would say shoulder barge would work to get out of a corner or for that little bit of extra speed to get distance between each other. He can't use force speed to catch up, the only thing he can do is throw his sword at you, and if he misses you can just shoot him because he cant block or deflect.

Last edited: