V1.3.2 Halloween Update Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mb2_logo_1.png

V1.3.2 Halloween Update

1Nsc8rz.jpg

Hello everyone! The team has worked hard to bring you today's patch containing bugfixes, a few gameplay changes, and most important of all, jack-o'-lantern hats! There might also be an extra saber hilt thrown in there or something. Read on for the full list of changes.

CHANGELOG (31-10-2015)

General
  • Increased Yellow DFA's BP drain by 50%.
  • Sabers: Non-crouching backslashes and speed lunges no longer stagger thus making them finishing moves rather than spammable moves. BP drain increased accordingly.
  • Updates for continued compatibility with jaMME.
Bug Fixes
  • Implemented workaround for bug where map scripts dependent on variables eventually stopped working on rotation servers.
  • Default com_affinity is now 1 instead of 0 (reverted change).
  • Duel Mode now does not show anyone in the radar unless you are using Force Sense.
  • Duel Mode Force Sense 3 now correctly highlights all other players as red (enemies).
  • Cannot use Force Speed, Mind Trick nor Force Heal while staggered, whether saber is turned on or off.
  • Taunts no longer impede blocking saber attacks nor blaster fire in any way.
  • JAMP client no longer crashes when creating local server and r_mode is set to -1 (widescreen).
Models
  • Added pumpkin hats under new seasonal hats system. Festive hats will automatically become available for display on models during certain times of the year (toggle visibility in visual options).
  • Added Kylo Ren lightsaber hilt with custom visual effects (no gameplay impact).
UI
  • Added option to toggle seasonal hats under the Visuals menu (cg_scrooge in console).
  • SMOD removeban command permission is no longer tied to SMOD ban. Add 4096 to SMOD permissions to allow use of removeban.
  • New chat and voice chat icons.
Maps
  • mb2_echobase
    • Added new crate model from unreleased Hoth map.
    • Improved clipping for models in cargo room.
    mb2_kamino
    • Fixed minimap coordinates.
  • lotr_helmsdeep
    • Fixed gap in castle floor.

Changed Files
( manual update ZIP ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib ) ( ARM OpenJK build )
Code:
--MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_echobase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBII Readme.html
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zzMBModels2.pk3
--GameData
mbii.i386
mbii.x86.exe
rd-vanilla-mbii_i386.so
rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll
reset_mbii_launcher.bat

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Just pushed out a hotfix for OpenJK serverlist issue and Mac MBII build (previous could crash in certain situations).

TeKilla

Donator
Just pushed out a hotfix for OpenJK serverlist issue and Mac MBII build (previous could crash in certain situations).

serverlist on openjk is working now!

but is it possible to compile a jampgamei386.so version for openjkserver?

Last edited:

Viserys

ex team lead
(well unless you're trying to host a Mac server, but that's madness).

LOL k thanks. was just wondering cause my server has been acting crazy today, was wondering if its related to the update

Can someone plz help me find servers updated to versoion 1.3.2, all of the servers are at a lower versions, so I cant play mb2 at all because all of the servers aren't up to date.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Can someone plz help me find servers updated to versoion 1.3.2, all of the servers are at a lower versions, so I cant play mb2 at all because all of the servers aren't up to date.
There are currently ten servers updated to 1.3.2.

Open the launcher and tick the option for "Check installation integrity on start" then hit Repair Installation (this will also remove any custom PK3s or the temporary master server fix that was published weeks ago). Once the repair is done, restart the launcher. You should have no issues then.

• Default com_affinity is now 1 instead of 0 (reverted change).
What was the reason for changing this back? Affining the game to 1 core causes sharper FPS drops (if not lower overall performance), and it'd make things easier if there's ever any threaded optimization implemented in the future.

Also, a little confused why the launcher is only able to update at 500kb/s, when I'm able to download the update .zip at 2.7MB/s (without a download manager). Was a bit frustrating when my friend was trying to install the game, and it was only using a fraction of his net bandwidth.

Great work on everything else though, this is honestly the most technically authentic Star Wars game there is!

I'm sorry to be a bother but I've been having a lot of trouble with getting my game running all the servers. At the time of this comment I believe there are 14 up and for some reason almost all of them are EU. I'd like to say it's because they're not updated yet but I checked the jacklul server list and it says Servers such as US-Duel are currently up with players. Yet i can't see them?

This leads me to believe it's something that I did wrong, but i can't figure out what. Also I tried removing the zzzzz_MBII.pk3 master server fix but it only made all servers disappear whilst saying "Getting info for servers" so I replaced it 0.o. But now I'm back where i started

P.S for some reason when I boot up the game and it shows the current copyright/moviebattles 2 logo and the current version, it says I'm running version 1.3.0, yet it's clearly 1.3.2. Is this supposed to say this or did something go wrong with my install all together? I assumed the 1.3.2 Files were with the big launcher update on home page; or is it from somewhere else and I didn't even download it?

Sorry for spam. I've spent all day trying not to resort to begging for help-.-

lol, I just got our 3 servers up to 1.3.1 (like 30 minutes ago).

Do I need to run the launcher client-side and look at what it pulls down and then push those same files to the server for 1.3.2?

Why Kylo Ren's lightsaber does not work, instead of the lightsaber I had another lightsaber (saber down).

ent

Movie Battles II Team
What was the reason for changing this back? Affining the game to 1 core causes sharper FPS drops (if not lower overall performance), and it'd make things easier if there's ever any threaded optimization implemented in the future.
The game is single threaded and always was/is/will be. Not sure how you got FPS drops but if affinity is set to 1 then the CPU/OS won't bother with switching threads for the game process (that caused actual FPS drops), and run everything just on the 1st one - that will boost FPS much.

I can only guess you had something other running that used much power of the 1st thread. Try to switch to use 2nd, 3rd, forth.. (com_affinity 2/4/8) thread.

Just an FYI, I got the message asking if I wanted to update to the newest version, followed by the restart message about 5 times before it actually 'took'. Someone might want to look at that. It might be something as simple as failing to get a connection to the download server multiple times.

Just thought whoever is maintaining the launcher might like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.