V1.3.2 Halloween Update Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mb2_logo_1.png

V1.3.2 Halloween Update

1Nsc8rz.jpg

Hello everyone! The team has worked hard to bring you today's patch containing bugfixes, a few gameplay changes, and most important of all, jack-o'-lantern hats! There might also be an extra saber hilt thrown in there or something. Read on for the full list of changes.

CHANGELOG (31-10-2015)

General
  • Increased Yellow DFA's BP drain by 50%.
  • Sabers: Non-crouching backslashes and speed lunges no longer stagger thus making them finishing moves rather than spammable moves. BP drain increased accordingly.
  • Updates for continued compatibility with jaMME.
Bug Fixes
  • Implemented workaround for bug where map scripts dependent on variables eventually stopped working on rotation servers.
  • Default com_affinity is now 1 instead of 0 (reverted change).
  • Duel Mode now does not show anyone in the radar unless you are using Force Sense.
  • Duel Mode Force Sense 3 now correctly highlights all other players as red (enemies).
  • Cannot use Force Speed, Mind Trick nor Force Heal while staggered, whether saber is turned on or off.
  • Taunts no longer impede blocking saber attacks nor blaster fire in any way.
  • JAMP client no longer crashes when creating local server and r_mode is set to -1 (widescreen).
Models
  • Added pumpkin hats under new seasonal hats system. Festive hats will automatically become available for display on models during certain times of the year (toggle visibility in visual options).
  • Added Kylo Ren lightsaber hilt with custom visual effects (no gameplay impact).
UI
  • Added option to toggle seasonal hats under the Visuals menu (cg_scrooge in console).
  • SMOD removeban command permission is no longer tied to SMOD ban. Add 4096 to SMOD permissions to allow use of removeban.
  • New chat and voice chat icons.
Maps
  • mb2_echobase
    • Added new crate model from unreleased Hoth map.
    • Improved clipping for models in cargo room.
    mb2_kamino
    • Fixed minimap coordinates.
  • lotr_helmsdeep
    • Fixed gap in castle floor.

Changed Files
( manual update ZIP ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib ) ( ARM OpenJK build )
Code:
--MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_echobase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBII Readme.html
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zzMBModels2.pk3
--GameData
mbii.i386
mbii.x86.exe
rd-vanilla-mbii_i386.so
rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll
reset_mbii_launcher.bat

Last edited:
I personally like the removal of backwack stagger, as it was far to easy to use and the only real counter against it is jedi sided ;)

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
That's awesome. I assume you're running the arm-compiled linuxjampded with all the IPtables kernel modules installed?

If so, hit me up sometime for some IPtables anti-UDP-flood rules, I would be interested to see if they work fine on ARM as well as Intel/AMD.

Actually, I'm using openjkded compiled for armel (+ the MBII jampgame.arm that just got released). As for the anti-UPD-flood rules, I'm always a game for it!

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
I personally like the removal of backwack stagger, as it was far to easy to use and the only real counter against it is jedi sided ;)
But it allowed for new types of dueling, and a lot more risk/reward. With the removal of stagger, backwacks will not be used. No duelist in his right mind will ever risk using a crouch backwack, due to how long you leave your back exposed (roughly 2 seconds)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
But it allowed for new types of dueling, and a lot more risk/reward. With the removal of stagger, backwacks will not be used. No duelist in his right mind will ever risk using a crouch backwack, due to how long you leave your back exposed (roughly 2 seconds)

It cannot be called a new type of dueling. How can you possibly think this stupid attack that takes no skill to perform is a new type of dueling? It is just an ez mode way of draining BP. And risk? There was no risk if you 'abuse' the 'feature' properly.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
It cannot be called a new type of dueling. How can you possibly think this stupid attack that takes no skill to perform is a new type of dueling? It is just an ez mode way of draining BP. And risk? There was no risk if you 'abuse' the 'feature' properly.

It allowed players to incorporate special moves. It allowed people to make their styles look aesthetically pleasing: backstabs in midair are a favourite of mine; or chaining a red 2-hit combo into a backstab. Good duelists could anticipate when someone was about to use this attack, avoid it and hit an exposed back. Initially it was overpowered - when people didn't know how to adapt - but later on you hardly saw it used.
I'm just saying that removing the stagger component has rendered red/yellow/purple backstab null and void.

I don't recall anyone complaining about it, so I'm unsure as to why it was nerfed into shit. Players like you and Sisi started to use speedlunge to counter it (lameass tactic, imo).

just as an aside: why was my beta tester status removed?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The lameass tactic was being able to use an automatic, easy-mode attack to stagger and drain a good chunk of bp and many people including me have been complaining about it for awhile now.

Also, do you really think the only viable way to counter this should be tied to speed, making one side clearly better than the other for duels? Absolute bollocks. So the easiest solution is to remove stagger rather than trying to implement and balance speed (which, if attempted, will take some time).

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
The lameass tactic was being able to use an automatic, easy-mode attack to stagger and drain a good chunk of bp and many people including me have been complaining about it for awhile now.

Also, do you really think the only viable way to counter this should be tied to speed, making one side clearly better than the other for duels? Absolute bollocks. So the easiest solution is to remove stagger rather than trying to implement and balance speed (which, if attempted, will take some time).

The easiest solution is to learn how to deal with staggers/anticipate them, or add a FP cost - NOT rendering them useless, once again.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The easiest solution is to learn how to deal with staggers/anticipate them, or add a FP cost - NOT rendering them useless, once again.
Stagger is a bad mechanic in saber vs. saber, it always has been and it always will be. That's why it has been almost entirely worked out of the game and replaced with better solutions, like in most cases disarm. Disarm however wouldn't have been a good solution due to it's ease of use, and keeping stagger wasn't going to happen. We would have had to entirely gimp it as an ability, so this was a better way to deal with it. No need to complicate something that should be relatively simple.

At the moment you have a choice: don't use the standing back whack, or learn to use the crouching back whack; crouching back whack is far more interesting anyways.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Stagger is a bad mechanic in saber vs. saber, it always has been and it always will be. That's why it has been almost entirely worked out of the game and replaced with better solutions, like in most cases disarm. Disarm however wouldn't have been a good solution due to it's ease of use, and keeping stagger wasn't going to happen. We would have had to entirely gimp it as an ability, so this was a better way to deal with it. No need to complicate something that should be relatively simple.

At the moment you have a choice: don't use the standing back whack, or learn to use the crouching back whack; crouching back whack is far more interesting anyways.

No disrespect but I don't need advice in regards to sabering. I've been in the beta team for years/offered my feedback and opinions on how the saber system can be improved for 7+years. Believe me when I tell you that the back whack is more or less useless now. If by interesting you mean 'open to a counterattack due to prolonged exposure of the back', then okay.
Stagger isn't a bad mechanic in saber vs saber, only when the stagger itself becomes overpowered. Staff's stagger is balanced and works in tandem with its role as a defensive style. I am waiting for Sisi to offer his thoughts on these changes because I'm still baffled as to who made these changes.

Though I did speak to my brother, and he pretty much said that, after standing down, the system has been given to the wolves. Just don't butcher the dueling system.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
No disrespect but I don't need advice in regards to sabering. I've been in the beta team for years/offered my feedback and opinions on how the saber system can be improved for 7+years. Believe me when I tell you that the back whack is more or less useless now. If by interesting you mean 'open to a counterattack due to prolonged exposure of the back', then okay.
Stagger isn't a bad mechanic in saber vs saber, only when the stagger itself becomes overpowered. Staff's stagger is balanced and works in tandem with its role as a defensive style. I am waiting for Sisi to offer his thoughts on these changes because I'm still baffled as to who made these changes.

Though I did speak to my brother, and he pretty much said that, after standing down, the system has been given to the wolves. Just don't butcher the dueling system.
xRPwWIT.jpg

Wilde and I worked directly on the saber system for months, and this was before you were even on the beta team. I can tell you that special moves were what we tried avoiding most when we developed the v0 system, which was based loosely on the RC1 design that I thought would have been perfect if we could find a way to make half swinging and specials spam less (butterflies, katas, anything that isn't a vertical or horizontal swing) prominent in saber duels. This includes back whacks.

I personally see anything that reinforces that ideology acceptable.

While your feedback and knowledge of the system is respected, you aren't the authority when it comes to what direction the system should be taken in. If you have this much of an interest, apply for the beta team again, or provide a complete specification of what the system should be, but don't say that you don't care then complain when something is changed that you don't like.

Anyhow, enough of this. This is the wrong forum for discussion of such topics. If you have a problem or want to provide input, we have a feedback section. Please remember to follow the rules of the forums.

ok,thank you for sure,but where are people? Is there only one server AOD(meeh)? Want some cool action on guud servers.Or server finder doesn t works as it meant to be?

TeKilla

Donator
I got the impression that since this last update servers crashes have been more frequent.
At least on the ones that I tested using openjk (windows and linux).

Phelps

Donator
Yeah, laggy servers and server crashes are too frequent now.
Also, will there be (just a shout out to community, not devs) any EU duel server once again? Being whacked to shit (all BP drained in one sec lag) on AOD because of latency makes me cry in agony.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Trying to get in contact with Darth Snuggles (he's the official owner of MBII EU Duel now), but it's impossible. If someone has his contact details, please let me know.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
ok,thank you for sure,but where are people? Is there only one server AOD(meeh)? Want some cool action on guud servers.Or server finder doesn t works as it meant to be?
There are 17 servers that should be showing up on my last check. If you cannot see them then your client is not properly up to date. If you installed the temporary master server fix it must be manually deleted.

Regarding the server crashing, it is being investigated.

Updated and I cannot see any of the 1.3.2 servers.
Tried to connect to one via IP, says my version is still the wrong one. Is there something I'm missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.