V1.3.2 Halloween Update Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mb2_logo_1.png

V1.3.2 Halloween Update

1Nsc8rz.jpg

Hello everyone! The team has worked hard to bring you today's patch containing bugfixes, a few gameplay changes, and most important of all, jack-o'-lantern hats! There might also be an extra saber hilt thrown in there or something. Read on for the full list of changes.

CHANGELOG (31-10-2015)

General
  • Increased Yellow DFA's BP drain by 50%.
  • Sabers: Non-crouching backslashes and speed lunges no longer stagger thus making them finishing moves rather than spammable moves. BP drain increased accordingly.
  • Updates for continued compatibility with jaMME.
Bug Fixes
  • Implemented workaround for bug where map scripts dependent on variables eventually stopped working on rotation servers.
  • Default com_affinity is now 1 instead of 0 (reverted change).
  • Duel Mode now does not show anyone in the radar unless you are using Force Sense.
  • Duel Mode Force Sense 3 now correctly highlights all other players as red (enemies).
  • Cannot use Force Speed, Mind Trick nor Force Heal while staggered, whether saber is turned on or off.
  • Taunts no longer impede blocking saber attacks nor blaster fire in any way.
  • JAMP client no longer crashes when creating local server and r_mode is set to -1 (widescreen).
Models
  • Added pumpkin hats under new seasonal hats system. Festive hats will automatically become available for display on models during certain times of the year (toggle visibility in visual options).
  • Added Kylo Ren lightsaber hilt with custom visual effects (no gameplay impact).
UI
  • Added option to toggle seasonal hats under the Visuals menu (cg_scrooge in console).
  • SMOD removeban command permission is no longer tied to SMOD ban. Add 4096 to SMOD permissions to allow use of removeban.
  • New chat and voice chat icons.
Maps
  • mb2_echobase
    • Added new crate model from unreleased Hoth map.
    • Improved clipping for models in cargo room.
    mb2_kamino
    • Fixed minimap coordinates.
  • lotr_helmsdeep
    • Fixed gap in castle floor.

Changed Files
( manual update ZIP ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib ) ( ARM OpenJK build )
Code:
--MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_echobase.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBII Readme.html
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zzMBModels2.pk3
--GameData
mbii.i386
mbii.x86.exe
rd-vanilla-mbii_i386.so
rd-vanilla-mbii_x86.dll
reset_mbii_launcher.bat

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Ridiculous saber changes. What was the reasoning behind removing backstab staggers? When was this consulted with beta testers?
This has just removed anything flashy in the saber system, and rendered backstabs null and void again (noone uses a crouching backstab)

Reactions: Zed

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Flashy moves shouldn't be indicative of how well the lightsaber system performs. If that is the measuring stick for what makes saber vs. saber interesting then we've done something wrong. :p

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Flashy moves keep the saber system interesting. Backstabs were working fine, and there was no need to remove them. They can be countered via speedlunge/moving away. That's thrice now, over the last several years, that backstabs have had their stagger component removed.

I'm just curious as to why these changes weren't consulted with saberists/beta testers before being implemented. Yellow DFA's BP increase was not needed, either, but oh well. I hardly play the game, so do with it what you please.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
It is good that they removed stagger from the ridiculous backslash moves that plagued and cheapened the system. I don't get the YDFA change either. Would've loved to get some input before it was released but unfortunately I got svn working late and didn't even get to test teh YDFA change before 1.3.2 came out.

I don't think the YDFA change will mean that much since you'll still be vulnerable in the air, and the backslash stagger change is fine with me, so all in all I've got no problems with the changes I suppose. I just hope that in the future there will be other, more significant changes. I don't mean drastic, just changes with more impact. Tbh nobody looked at the system and thought: "You know what, YDFA needs to be buffed." I've always disliked how prominent backslashes were, so I'm glad they've been fixed. Afaik the change says nothing about stabs, so you should still be able to jump around like a monkey and backstab in the air if you wish :)

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Updated the bottom of the first post with a link to an ARM compatible build with OpenJK. Cat Lady will be composing a guide later to help anyone who wants to host a server on their Raspberry Pi.

Thanks, for the manual zip! The launcher hates me <_< I think its watching me >_> o_O thanks for getting rid of the backslash crap it saves me a lot of anguish wondering. :rolleyes:

(By the way I was hunting for this and could not find it on the ModDB page, please save us who need the manual update the pain)

TCO

What's bad with this update:some people dunno how to switch off pumpkin hats,it should be in update description,or somewhere else :)

btw Setup>Season hats(as i remember)

Updated the bottom of the first post with a link to an ARM compatible build with OpenJK. Cat Lady will be composing a guide later to help anyone who wants to host a server on their Raspberry Pi.

Now that's pretty cool. Not a lot of horsepower with the PI, but then again a linnuxjampded server doesn't need a lot.

Anyone tried this and saw how it performed once populated with 16 players or so?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
What's bad with this update:some people dunno how to switch off pumpkin hats,it should be in update description,or somewhere else :)

btw Setup>Season hats(as i remember)
The changelog with a description of the setting is right in the OP and in-game on the menu. There's really nothing else we can do.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The changelog with a description of the setting is right in the OP and in-game on the menu. There's really nothing else we can do.
Not without invalidating the system. The entire reason it was implemented was so it could be seen, having it disabled on start up defeats the entire purpose of it. :|

Garblargh

Donator
agentoo8 said:
Ridiculous saber changes. What was the reasoning behind removing backstab staggers?

The changelog says crouching backstabs still stagger, so just crouch. IDK about the other changes

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The changelog says crouching backstabs still stagger, so just crouch. IDK about the other changes
He's just annoyed we're trying to remove as many of the complications from the saber system as possible. I don't understand the YDFA change, but it does leave you open so I guess it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Most changes to the saber system will prioritize the balance of open mode before duel mode.

Last edited:

Cat Lady

Now that's pretty cool. Not a lot of horsepower with the PI, but then again a linnuxjampded server doesn't need a lot.

Anyone tried this and saw how it performed once populated with 16 players or so?

The both RPi servers are hosted 24/7 on RPi 2 itself, so you can test yourself ;) Basically, performance is great, and core where server runs never gets saturated - even with 24 players - EXCEPT when saber clash bug manifest itself, then even with 2 players CPU usage skyrocket and lag occurs. But it can happen on i7 too, so...

With proper core isolation isolation, one can comfortably host 3 servers on one Pi (with 4th core for system processes), if your network connection (especially upload) is good enough. I've dedicated 1Mb upload to servers, which - theoretically - should allow 40 slots total (using only 800 kbps out of 1mbps), but MB2 seems to somehow ignore sets erver rate, and connection gets saturated much. much earlier (at around 18 players).

The both RPi servers are hosted 24/7 on RPi 2 itself, so you can test yourself ;) Basically, performance is great, and core where server runs never gets saturated - even with 24 players - EXCEPT when saber clash bug manifest itself, then even with 2 players CPU usage skyrocket and lag occurs. But it can happen on i7 too, so...

With proper core isolation isolation, one can comfortably host 3 servers on one Pi (with 4th core for system processes), if your network connection (especially upload) is good enough. I've dedicated 1Mb upload to servers, which - theoretically - should allow 40 slots total (using only 800 kbps out of 1mbps), but MB2 seems to somehow ignore sets erver rate, and connection gets saturated much. much earlier (at around 18 players).

That's awesome. I assume you're running the arm-compiled linuxjampded with all the IPtables kernel modules installed?

If so, hit me up sometime for some IPtables anti-UDP-flood rules, I would be interested to see if they work fine on ARM as well as Intel/AMD.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
He's just annoyed we're trying to remove as many of the complications from the saber system as possible. I don't understand the YDFA change, but it does leave you open so I guess it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Most changes to the saber system will prioritize the balance of open mode before duel mode.

Nah, I'm just annoyed that changes made a year ago that consulted duelists/beta testers and were thorough have been discarded. How does the removal of backwack stagger affect open whatsoever? They enabled you to take on 2+ sith, if used well.

This is exactly why such changes need to be discussed before implementation. There is a dueling community in this game, and if you take that approach you'll just ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.