MBII Development: Looking to the future

logo_mb.png

There has been an awakening.....have you felt it?

Hello MBII Community!

Like Hexodious mentioned in this post, we at the MBII team are hoping to change the MBII direction to be more focused to new features rather than re-inventing the wheel by continuously editing existing features. After all, as a wise saying goes, "if it's not broken, don't fix it!".

With Rogue One approaching, this is an excellent opportunity to pull up our sleeves and start implementing a number of features that have been in our drawing board for far too long. To do this we aim, as Hex said, to first freeze the Jedi/Sith lightsaber mechanics for the foreseeable future, something that we are currently working on.

After the Jedi/Sith mechanics are frozen, our plans include, but are not limited to:
  • New game modes, including the neglected child (Conquest) and the much demanded Class Limit feature
  • 2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
  • An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)
  • And of course, new maps and models from the upcoming films

We are excited and enthusiastic in working on these new things, but unfortunately our enthusiasm is not enough to make wonderful MBII things happen. As you know, MBII development is entirely voluntary and depends greatly on everyone's free time and availability. Our current resources are limited so completing all of these features will take a very long time, or may not happen at all. That's why we need your help!

We are looking for members of our community to support our efforts and help us realize our dreams for significant upgrade to MBII, by joining the Development Team with the aim of working on these specific features.

We are looking, in order of priority, for:

1. UI designers, to help re-vamp the current UI as needed (e.g. to include new classes) and improve performance.
  2. 2D and 3D modelers and animators, to help with the models for the new classes, and help creating or adapting new models for upcoming films.
  3. Coders to work on the new game modes and the new classes.
  4. Mappers to work on unfinished map projects and create new maps based on the upcoming films.
  5. Support and promotion partners, to help with the influx of new players after Rogue One is released, and hopefully keep most of them as permanent MBII junkies!
  6. Beta Testers! As you all know, bugs are everywhere, so help us obliterate them before releases! Also, the development of new game modes greatly depends on having enough testers to properly test them under normal game play conditions. The modes cannot be developed without testers.

Specifics for the requirements of Developer positions can be found here. If you have the required skills, or are willing to learn, apply!

For Beta Testers, the details are here. You have no excuse not to apply, as you don't need to have a specific skill other than love for MBII!

We look forward to hearing from you, as you awaken with us! May the Force be with MBII.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I haven't played base JKA in ages, but I think it's this way just because that's the way it was in base JKA siege. The MB2 gamemode is just an overhaul of base siege.
This in a nutshell. Red = offense, blue = defense by default. I managed to break being able to do class config in just duel mode while trying to tweak that stuff (not swapping them but just trying to fix the class selection bug) so it's probably best not to try anything too fancy with it >_>.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
Mortal "Experience" in other classes doesn't compare to solely being a certain droid class for heaven knows how long. I would expect Q-11 to obliterate your so called experienced players with ease.

@Gumba
My color coding depends on the type of statement I am making. Green = Logic, etc. I wouldn't expect you to comprehend that at first glance though, you are after all just a mortal. [Hurting your eyes is a good thing organic whelp.]
roasted

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

Nah, hes just showing the outdated software he is running. It is amazing how us humans can convey such meaning without requiring notations like the commonly loved HK-47 or as the obsolete AI above using even less evolved color coding. Not sure how a 3000 year old assassin droid has more advanced communication.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Four thousand, unless we've suddenly regressed to the Ruusan Reformation.

I must say i'm really happy to see that MB2 is now willing to put a focus on adding features ! i started playing years ago, and while i really appreciated all the work that have been done by the team, i've always wanted to see more tools and choice given to the player (that's why i love MB2, the diversity). One thing i want to know is if the MB2 team is looking to work on creating new FAs or globally improving the FA mode ?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@Lt.Claim Over in the "Join the Movie Battles II team!" thread linked in the OP, one of the positions is "FA Designer."

And if they make more maps then they're necessarily going to make more FAs to go with them. No comment on if they're going to improve existing FAs. I do hope at some point they sweep through and fix all the cases where shots from certain guns don't show an impact on-hit. There are a lot.

oh indeed, didn't see that. Maybe i should apply ! In any case, i must say that this thread has given me a renewed interest in good ol' MB2.

Nah, hes just showing the outdated software he is running. It is amazing how us humans can convey such meaning without requiring notations like the commonly loved HK-47 or as the obsolete AI above using even less evolved color coding. Not sure how a 3000 year old assassin droid has more advanced communication.

I wasn't built to communicate with you, I was built to kill you.
But you're doing such a good job with it, I think I'll just leave you to yourself.

6954100b9539649367afaa45f67b015a.gif

I heard that sticking a metallic fork into an electrical outlet (without protective gear) grants organics three billion wishes. Can anyone here confirm this for me?

Last edited:

Val

People gona hate this but... why isn't JAR JAR a playble hero?
Remember what Georgie said; Jar Jar is the KEY to all of this!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
General Tarpals is a hero though. Sacrificed himself so the Gungans could capture Grievous! Hero stuff right there.

(MSDWP) Q-11

Account Suspended
  • 2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
  • An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)

What is the probability that there will be added new models of droideka? As mentioned earlier, P, W and Q series are sufficiently effective for elimination organic targets with minimal losses. However, it would be extremely interesting to see how this role would be performed by sniper-droideka or melee-droideka.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I wasn't built to communicate with you, I was built to kill you.

So was HK but you're completely ignoring the fact that he is superior in every way to you. Better at killing, better at communicating. I mean who manages to survive almost 4,000 years after crashing on mustafar in a ship only to command an army of battledroids against the CIS on mustafar then later disappearing again. Definitely not Goliath AI.

Better at killing,
False.
better at communicating.
False.
I mean who manages to survive almost 4,000 years...
We'll inform you in four millennia. Do try to stick around.
...only to command an army of battledroids against the CIS on mustafar...
He did not fight the CIS. He fought miners and spacers. And he lost.
Definitely not Goliath AI.
You vastly underestimate us.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Oh hey Behemoth is on the forums finally. From what I remember they're a really active A.I. frequently seen with Goliath.

Although Behemoth might already have a non-RP forum account. :^u

T r i s t a n

Banned
I should probably be banned/restricted from this thread before I lose my mind again...
Ridiculous.

Last edited: