MBII Development: Looking to the future

logo_mb.png

There has been an awakening.....have you felt it?

Hello MBII Community!

Like Hexodious mentioned in this post, we at the MBII team are hoping to change the MBII direction to be more focused to new features rather than re-inventing the wheel by continuously editing existing features. After all, as a wise saying goes, "if it's not broken, don't fix it!".

With Rogue One approaching, this is an excellent opportunity to pull up our sleeves and start implementing a number of features that have been in our drawing board for far too long. To do this we aim, as Hex said, to first freeze the Jedi/Sith lightsaber mechanics for the foreseeable future, something that we are currently working on.

After the Jedi/Sith mechanics are frozen, our plans include, but are not limited to:
  • New game modes, including the neglected child (Conquest) and the much demanded Class Limit feature
  • 2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
  • An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)
  • And of course, new maps and models from the upcoming films

We are excited and enthusiastic in working on these new things, but unfortunately our enthusiasm is not enough to make wonderful MBII things happen. As you know, MBII development is entirely voluntary and depends greatly on everyone's free time and availability. Our current resources are limited so completing all of these features will take a very long time, or may not happen at all. That's why we need your help!

We are looking for members of our community to support our efforts and help us realize our dreams for significant upgrade to MBII, by joining the Development Team with the aim of working on these specific features.

We are looking, in order of priority, for:

1. UI designers, to help re-vamp the current UI as needed (e.g. to include new classes) and improve performance.
  2. 2D and 3D modelers and animators, to help with the models for the new classes, and help creating or adapting new models for upcoming films.
  3. Coders to work on the new game modes and the new classes.
  4. Mappers to work on unfinished map projects and create new maps based on the upcoming films.
  5. Support and promotion partners, to help with the influx of new players after Rogue One is released, and hopefully keep most of them as permanent MBII junkies!
  6. Beta Testers! As you all know, bugs are everywhere, so help us obliterate them before releases! Also, the development of new game modes greatly depends on having enough testers to properly test them under normal game play conditions. The modes cannot be developed without testers.

Specifics for the requirements of Developer positions can be found here. If you have the required skills, or are willing to learn, apply!

For Beta Testers, the details are here. You have no excuse not to apply, as you don't need to have a specific skill other than love for MBII!

We look forward to hearing from you, as you awaken with us! May the Force be with MBII.

New game modes, including the neglected child (Conquest) and the much demanded Class Limit feature
Neat, I support this, more maps more fun.

2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
Vibroblade with no defense + gun class when? If I have to make a guess (That is going to be completely wrong because I suck at guessing) it's a Droid-Commadoesque class for the empire (high mobility in combat but not out of combat) and an actual support class that can refill ammo or armor or both for rebels like an astromech or something like that, because ARCs and clone troopers tend to run low on ammo quickly.

An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)
Battlefront 2 made me believe. I hope you also add the missile launcher arm can never have enough of those.

And of course, new maps and models from the upcoming films
Neat again, let's hope for that shore trooper to come in on the rogue one pack.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You might want to call a hospital, I've never seen an organic survive such severe burns.

Cause saying False without any real claims as to why it is false is totally a burn.... I don't know I think I still have some flesh that needs heating. You can't even fight a single organic without losing.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I can defeat you just by going into sleep mode for a mere one hundred years.
Have you forgotten that you are nothing more than a chemically driven, rotting slab of meat?

Have you forgotten corrosion? Do you know what cracking or pitting is? Imperfections in the machining process? I don't know a computer that lasts 50 years of use without wearing down or a car that lasts 20 years in the elements without rusting. You think some machine can beat organics? Please. Are you even shielded for EMP? Oh wait, you aren't because it would add too much weight and inefficiency but organics are. If you want to talk about organics in the SW universe.... what about 900 year old Yoda? Only reason things like HK survive that long is because they become completely isolated from everything and go into hibernation. A human would survive much longer doing that too. Stasis anyone? Oh wait, you also need lubrication or your moving parts would start seizing. Looks like you are chemically driven too, and slowly rotting away due to natural corrosion.

You think you have organics handled but you have a menial understanding.

Have you forgotten corrosion? Do you know what cracking or pitting is? Imperfections in the machining process? I don't know a computer that lasts 50 years of use without wearing down or a car that lasts 20 years in the elements without rusting. You think some machine can beat organics? Please. Are you even shielded for EMP? Oh wait, you aren't because it would add too much weight and inefficiency but organics are. If you want to talk about organics in the SW universe.... what about 900 year old Yoda? Only reason things like HK survive that long is because they become completely isolated from everything and go into hibernation. A human would survive much longer doing that too. Stasis anyone? Oh wait, you also need lubrication or your moving parts would start seizing. Looks like you are chemically driven too, and slowly rotting away due to natural corrosion.

How foolish. Do you actually believe that killing this shell of a body actually kills me? You must also think that breaking your computer would destroy every application you downloaded into it. My programming is saved to a cloud. The multiple copies I have saved cross-examine each-other to prevent errors.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
How foolish. Do you actually believe that killing this shell of a body actually kills me? You must also think that breaking your computer would destroy every application you downloaded into it. My programming is saved to a cloud. The multiple copies I have saved cross-examine each-other to prevent errors.

Ever heard of the soul and reincarnation or hell even ascension? Did you know that machines cannot ascend? Have you ever heard of jamming technology preventing you from uploading any recent data or even retrieving said data from the cloud for a new body? You think an organic can't block that? hah.

Cause saying False without any real claims as to why it is false is totally a burn.... I don't know I think I still have some flesh that needs heating. You can't even fight a single organic without losing.

Very well, I shall elaborate.
I will concede that on average, HK-47 more eloquently communicates his points than the A.I.
HK-47 was constructed from a protocol droid. Communication is one of their primary functions.
Unless the thing you refer to as making HK-47 superior in communication is his statement of intent at the beginning of each and every sentence, however, I think you will find that the A.I. are equally as capable of this one, completely inconsequential point.

As for killing...
HK-47 would not survive direct combat with jedi.
I have analyzed his tactics. He is entirely dependent on ambush, explosives, and on wearing down the jedi through their emotional connection to their allies. Something the jedi of this era appear to lack. As well, I do suggest you try firing a rocket, or throwing a grenade at a jedi, and see what will happen.
As for ambush - that is something that we do utilize. As well, in a majority of cases, we are capable of taking down most targets in one on one combat. I will assume you are ignorant, arrogant, or most likely both, if you truly believe that we cannot defeat even a single organic.

Valid points. You do, however, seem to make many incorrect assumptions.
We are not bound to individual bodies. We make use of several interconnected but separate systems, each of which is capable of sustaining itself, and replacing non-functional parts.
EMP shielding is on the list of things that can be done, but has not been done for... "Balancing reasons."
Yoda is an irregularity. A vast majority of organisms do not live as long, and those that do, do not exist in large enough numbers to be a concern, and accumulate so many defects in their lifetime, they can barely be considered alive.
Stasis. It is true, you could utilize stasis to elongate your time alive, but while you are hibernating, we shall be acting. You won't like what you wake up to.
You severely underestimate our capacity for self-maintenance.

Ever heard of the soul and reincarnation or hell even ascension? Did you know that machines cannot ascend? Have you ever heard of jamming technology preventing you from uploading any recent data or even retrieving said data from the cloud for a new body? You think an organic can't block that? hah.

You can tell us all about your little reincarnation abilities after we've killed you.
As for jamming, you really think there's no such thing as anti-jamming technology?
Regardless, if you did manage to jam our signals, we are not the B1s of old, we will not cease to function.
...And I really wouldn't suggest getting close enough to jam one of our facilities. That wouldn't end well for you.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
As for jamming, you really think there's no such thing as anti-jamming technology?
Regardless, if you did manage to jam our signals, we are not the B1s of old, we will not cease to function.

Do you know how anti-jamming tech works? It is easy to bypass. The reason it even exists is because current jammers suck. Jammers can be made to jam all frequencies.

You severely underestimate our capacity for self-maintenance.

By getting new bodies entirely. Self-maintenance is limited. But oh wait an organic could do that too with cloning and consciousness transfer. We can live longer without hibernation or stasis woaaww

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What the F**k has this thread become? RPing with some people that want to be a worthless droid from Star Wars that has less screen time than Lando's Sullustan

Trying to convince them that their AI fantasy world isn't as great as they portray because its annoying. Apparently can't fix stupid though.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Trying to convince them that their AI fantasy world isn't as great as they portray because its annoying. Apparently can't fix stupid though.
Well it's not like we can tell if they actually think being an A.I. is great, or if they're just really dedicated to their character of "extremely proud AI."

If they're just dedicated to their RP then it's pointless to bicker with them, and you should just kind of enjoy the show.

Do you know how anti-jamming tech works? It is easy to bypass. The reason it even exists is because current jammers suck. Jammers can be made to jam all frequencies.

You missed the point entirely, jamming every signal near an A.I. unit will not effect it in any way, nor will it effect one of our facilities. We do not run off of any signal, but rather a program installed into each droid. If this program was to be pirated in some way, removing the ability to think freely would be the only way to turn us to your side, which would make the droid obsolete and easily crushed underfoot. Logic brings us to the conclusion that organic life is a hindrance, just ask members of your own kind.

By getting new bodies entirely. Self-maintenance is limited. But oh wait an organic could do that too with cloning and consciousness transfer. We can live longer without hibernation or stasis woaaww

It's actually not that hard to manufacture a Super Battle Droid, factories produce oh so many. As for self maintenance, multiple copies of the program are placed in each part of the droid. So long as we still have one functional "brain"/ copy of the program and at least one limb (preferably an arm), then we can repair ourselves. If you damage an organic's brain, it is permanently damaged. As for us, our multiple programs are activated when multiple (damage related) errors are encountered. This is why you can't just simply aim for the head on our model of Super Battle Droid, our processing system is practically our entire body.

During our travels, all organic information is processed when encountered. This ensures that we know as much as possible about every subject in existence. We can read entire libraries in less than a few seconds. How this information is transferred back to the cloud is classified, but the results are quite visible. We are evolving at a nearly constant rate.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You missed the point entirely, jamming every signal near an A.I. unit will not effect it in any way, nor will it effect one of our facilities. We do not run off of any signal, but rather a program installed into each droid. If this program was to be pirated in some way, removing the ability to think freely would be the only way to turn us to your side, which would make the droid obsolete and easily crushed underfoot. Logic brings us to the conclusion that organic life is a hindrance, just ask members of your own kind.

Man its as if reading comprehension is hard for a droid. I didn't say anything about stopping you from running. I said It would stop your update functions... so if I killed one node the others wouldn't know about it, you couldn't upgrade strategies based off of losing to it... hurrr durr retarded ai.

ignoring the RP argument about "Organics" vs Robots which is pretty stupid from a lore point of view,the game should be updated in a few days,yes?Or are there things that are being still developed and the update will come after Rogue One-
"There's a new version of Movie Battles II.Would you like it to update it?"
Well nevermind then xD

Man its as if reading comprehension is hard for a droid. I didn't say anything about stopping you from running. I said It would stop your update functions... so if I killed one node the others wouldn't know about it, you couldn't upgrade strategies based off of losing to it... hurrr durr retarded ai.

Yet again, anti-jamming technologies exist and have significantly improved, even more so with secure channels. If anti-jamming works with weak jamming, it would only be logical to assume that it can be improved to combat stronger signal jamming.
Despite this, even if you were to jam every signal in existence that is present within the area, I have full confidence that the unit would find a way to relay information to the cloud.

For balance reasons, there are not ten Goliath units. From a lore point of view though, it would only make sense to mass manufacture Q-11, the others and myself. If you did manage to succeed we could simply produce more of us.

Can you imagine five hundred Q-11 units? We can.

While you are hunting down droids, we are scattered throughout the galaxy in search of valuable knowledge to adapt ourselves further. We'd reach a pinnacle of flawless function through persistent adaption.
We refer to this as our glorious ascension.

Last edited: