ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
- Reaction score
There has been an awakening.....have you felt it?
Hello MBII Community!
Like Hexodious mentioned in this post, we at the MBII team are hoping to change the MBII direction to be more focused to new features rather than re-inventing the wheel by continuously editing existing features. After all, as a wise saying goes, "if it's not broken, don't fix it!".
With Rogue One approaching, this is an excellent opportunity to pull up our sleeves and start implementing a number of features that have been in our drawing board for far too long. To do this we aim, as Hex said, to first freeze the Jedi/Sith lightsaber mechanics for the foreseeable future, something that we are currently working on.
After the Jedi/Sith mechanics are frozen, our plans include, but are not limited to:
- New game modes, including the neglected child (Conquest) and the much demanded Class Limit feature
- 2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
- An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)
- And of course, new maps and models from the upcoming films
We are excited and enthusiastic in working on these new things, but unfortunately our enthusiasm is not enough to make wonderful MBII things happen. As you know, MBII development is entirely voluntary and depends greatly on everyone's free time and availability. Our current resources are limited so completing all of these features will take a very long time, or may not happen at all. That's why we need your help!
We are looking for members of our community to support our efforts and help us realize our dreams for significant upgrade to MBII, by joining the Development Team with the aim of working on these specific features.
We are looking, in order of priority, for:
- UI designers, to help re-vamp the current UI as needed (e.g. to include new classes) and improve performance.
- 2D and 3D modelers and animators, to help with the models for the new classes, and help creating or adapting new models for upcoming films.
- Coders to work on the new game modes and the new classes.
- Mappers to work on unfinished map projects and create new maps based on the upcoming films.
- Support and promotion partners, to help with the influx of new players after Rogue One is released, and hopefully keep most of them as permanent MBII junkies!
- Beta Testers! As you all know, bugs are everywhere, so help us obliterate them before releases! Also, the development of new game modes greatly depends on having enough testers to properly test them under normal game play conditions. The modes cannot be developed without testers.
Specifics for the requirements of Developer positions can be found here. If you have the required skills, or are willing to learn, apply!
For Beta Testers, the details are here. You have no excuse not to apply, as you don't need to have a specific skill other than love for MBII!
We look forward to hearing from you, as you awaken with us! May the Force be with MBII.