Feedback Thread: 1.5

Fang

Donator
fair,

honestly feels higher in the second level but probably not adjusted to the new drains yet or at least l1 still feels useless since we have new drains

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Gonna post the same thing here since I did not notice the feedback thread:

Some serious issues to be dealt with:

Changing block/run fp damages. Not sure why this was tampered with. Now it is almost useless to block against gunners because blocking hardly helps at all in terms of fp dmg. This added with faster bullets makes things even crazier. Just check in this vid how 2 casters simply MELT 3 sith. Look how fast my fp is being drained, I am using defense 2. To make my point very clear on the fact that blocking hardly matters anymore: I unironically would rather use 1.49 defense 1 than using 1.5 defense 2/3, the current system is that bad. It is almost as if running is the new meta and that really limits options of how to play this game (which would be along the lines with always fb3, def2, purple/red, second fast style)

The bolt velocity. There was no need for increasing the velocity of the bolts. Also as stated above, makes things too easy to hit with the already increased fp dmg.

Purple stab. Why bring this back? It is a very strong insta hit with a slow style that doesnt even suffer from flinch. There was a reason why it was removed before. Which leads us to:

Flinch not occuring with red and purple. I understand that they are worse against gunners so they need something to compete with other styles, but this is not the way to "fix" them. Now they seem to be a lot better styles compared to the rest.

Melee moves with saber on and getting shot doesn't stagger the saberist anymore. The stagger was introduced for a reason because it was op as hell to jumpkick with saber on, why bring it back?

Since I am not a big dueler, I cannot comment much on duels but it does seem that perfectblocks do give a bit too much bp. Also when I was playing defense 1, I noticed kata moves like yellow kata and purple stab doing over half bp even if blocking and standing still. Of course def1 is supposed to be weak but that is awfully too much bp dmg from moves that cannot be countered. I havent tried yet how much bp dmg does kata do to a def2.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Changing block/run fp damages. Not sure why this was tampered with.

It took over 20 shots e-11 secondary to drain someone within IDR blocking @ 100% accuracy and zero FP regen. That is why. Bowcaster drains might be too high now, deka drains too low, etc like people are saying. We can adjust further. But 1.4.9 basically it was pointless to drain someone with most weapons and you had to rely on flinch and it was dumb.

It took over 20 shots e-11 secondary to drain someone within IDR blocking @ 100% accuracy and zero FP regen. That is why. Bowcaster drains might be too high now, deka drains too low, etc like people are saying. We can adjust further. But 1.4.9 basically it was pointless to drain someone with most weapons and you had to rely on flinch and it was dumb.
Yeah, I practically never shot any blocking jedi when 1v1. It was pretty much impossible to drain their FP, and if you drained enough, you had to reload, giving them time to get close or retreat. I pretty much waited for them to swing at me or mistankely use pull/push each time.

i don't know why do you change things noboby asked for (why puple stab, why?)
without even testing it with community.
and now we stuck with this for god knows how long.
---
don't get me wrong - i aprecciate that someone doing something, but it feels worse in big picture.
we had open beta, it was ok. but in release we got different balance.
why? can we all test it a bit maybe? maybe some good ideas will shows up, we will find some holes in balance?
in maps? (hello jedi_temple). we are small community, we all want good polished game, why made so much secrecy about it?

@Tempest
will we see tempest's version of saber combat?
-------
im glad u lowered fp damage on m5 tho'. that one was really needed.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
in maps? (hello jedi_temple). we are small community, we all want good polished game, why made so much secrecy about it?

We dont have a system to properly provide an open beta with client changes. So people wouldn't have been able to do anything there. Once we get that up and running with the launcher we can definitely run more client open betas.

I really like the Open mode changes. The Jedi/Sith vs Gunner balance has shifted to only slightly favor saberists now. That being said, I do think that Jedis are getting boned harder than Siths due to Mandos and SBDs getting huge buffs this patch, but that's a whole 'nother discussion on team vs team balance issues.

All things considered, I'm happy that gunners are a lot stronger now. I'd say 1.5 is the best patch for Open Mode there has been in a long time. I especially love the way I can somewhat viably use Red in open versus more than just wookiees now.

- - - - -

The Saber versus Saber is still a complete mess however, and here's why:

.: 1. Perfect Block is regenerating 8 BP on all styles
-- This is too strong in general but especially so on tankier stances.
-- If kept at all, the amount regenerated should either be lowered to insignificance or be different depending on the stance.

.: 2. Mblock spamming is even better / less punishing to the defender than it used to be.
-- For an "I Win Button," Mblock has little to no risk associated with its massive reward.
-- The devs need to either increase the risk involved or change the reward associated with a successful Mblock.
-- If it stays as-is, Defenders should be punished, and big time when they mess up their insta-kill cheese.
-- Suggestion: Nerf MBlock to ( -8 BP + Stagger + Disarm only if dropped below 33 BP) so that you can only be cheesed if BP = 40 or lower.

.: 3. Swingblocking is still required on almost every swing, and not swingblocking isn't rewarding enough to omit immunity to mblock.
-- It's nice that not swingblocking nets the attacker an extra 10% damage, but avoiding instant death is better than an extra 1-3 BP damage per swing.

.: 4. Arbitrary swing restrictions, specifically: not being allowed to swing more than twice per side
-- It was kind of cool on Red stance back in the day, but it feels out of place now, especially on all stances.
-- What is the reason for changing this? It strikes me as completely unnecessary.

.: 5. Purple's stab's hitbox is idiotic and buggy at best.
-- People avoiding the saber entirely are still struck by the attack
-- The hitbox is too wide and long, the user is immune to saber collision from behind.
-- The attack can't be punished as the attack remains active long after the thrust animation finishes.

.: 6. Red is under-tuned defensively considering its lack of either stagger or nudge.
-- Red has long periods of vulnerability after its swings/combos that stagger/nudge used to cover-up and make less exploitable.
-- The offense/defense stats seem fair on paper, but they ignore the crippling mechanical disadvantages Red has as a stance when compared to say, Yellow.

- - - - -

Things I like about the saber changes:

- Longer Slap cooldowns!
- Side-kicks functioning differently from slaps!
- Slower BP regen!
- AP generation is slower, making shadowswing spamming less viable!

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah, I practically never shot any blocking jedi when 1v1. It was pretty much impossible to drain their FP, and if you drained enough, you had to reload, giving them time to get close or retreat. I pretty much waited for them to swing at me or mistankely use pull/push each time.
You could easily eat the fp using primary fire

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
E-11 primary requires 0.8 seconds more to drain @100% accuracy due to fire rate reduction.
You would never hit all those rapid fire shots anyways. With primary you will actually try to aim and even have better results hitting. I was a lot more cautious against any1 who understood to use primary fire.

Maybe slow down blasters by about 10% (if you're intent on keeping it sped up, personally liked it a bit slower)
saberists are tanks when it comes to defense in canon/Legends; maybe bring back the defense they had in 1.4.9, I felt that was great between accuracy and balance, you can't stay under blaster fire for more than a couple seconds now. They're tanks that're supposed to be death at close-range, if you don't have the right counter (clones, Mandos, skilled wooks, BH). There are other things I prefer in 1.4.9, such as saber v saber being longer.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Changing block/run fp damages. Not sure why this was tampered with. Now it is almost useless to block against gunners because blocking hardly helps at all in terms of fp dmg. This added with faster bullets makes things even crazier. Just check in this vid how 2 casters simply MELT 3 sith. Look how fast my fp is being drained, I am using defense 2. To make my point very clear on the fact that blocking hardly matters anymore: I unironically would rather use 1.49 defense 1 than using 1.5 defense 2/3, the current system is that bad. It is almost as if running is the new meta and that really limits options of how to play this game (which would be along the lines with always fb3, def2, purple/red, second fast style)

Caster has always been ridiculous against Jedi. The Blocking damage is higher because people seem to think strafing like a squirrel with an inner ear infection in a random series of patterns is a skill. So there is absolutely **0** point to ever touching your block button outside of wanting to deflect in this patch. You should always be strafing left/right. The FP regen actually makes you tankier provided the enemy misses (which is very likely with MB2's insane strafing speeds and lack of momentum) than if you were blocking.

The bolt velocity.
There was no need for increasing the velocity of the bolts. Also as stated above, makes things too easy to hit with the already increased fp dmg.

Blaster velocity was actually meant to make strafing harder, and reward aim from gunners more than not at all.

Purple stab.
Why bring this back? It is a very strong insta hit with a slow style that doesnt even suffer from flinch. There was a reason why it was removed before. Which leads us to:

I wouldn't mind purple stab if it wasn't instantaneous, impossible to do damage to, had a hitbox larger than a midsized sedan, and did about 5,000 damage (sometimes multiple times in one hit).

Flinch not occuring with red and purple.
I understand that they are worse against gunners so they need something to compete with other styles, but this is not the way to "fix" them. Now they seem to be a lot better styles compared to the rest.

I warned them about taking flinch off of red/purple. They didn't listen.

Melee moves with saber on and getting shot doesn't stagger the saberist anymore.
The stagger was introduced for a reason because it was op as hell to jumpkick with saber on, why bring it back?

Personally I think it is super easy to avoid Jedi melee, so it doesn't bother me, however it being gone doesn't bother me either. I never use melee moves against gunner as a Jedi, and I don't get hit by them as a gunner.

Since I am not a big dueler, I cannot comment much on duels but it does seem that perfectblocks do give a bit too much bp. Also when I was playing defense 1, I noticed kata moves like yellow kata and purple stab doing over half bp even if blocking and standing still. Of course def1 is supposed to be weak but that is awfully too much bp dmg from moves that cannot be countered. I havent tried yet how much bp dmg does kata do to a def2.

Don't worry, as a duelist 1.5 dueling is kind of shit. The only thing I like in dueling is the higher damages compared to 1.4.9, everything else is just... awful. Dueling in this patch is so expensive, I've completely dominated people in 1.5 and still lost 60 BP just murdering them (And yes, I tap my swings). People whom I would easily 100-0 in past patches, now cost me a lot of BP to murder, simply because of parry-trading, random interrupt swings, low BP regen speed, and the fact that a random PB can effectively undo most of the damage I did to them.

Even the timing has been changed, some people have been noticing that you can half swing at weird timings when being hit, and end up having a weird counter-swing fest.

Edit: I don't know why your post seems to put a lot of extra quote tags on certain sentences that I cannot delete out in editing.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Maybe slow down blasters by about 10% (if you're intent on keeping it sped up, personally liked it a bit slower)
saberists are tanks when it comes to defense in canon/Legends; maybe bring back the defense they had in 1.4.9, I felt that was great between accuracy and balance, you can't stay under blaster fire for more than a couple seconds now. They're tanks that're supposed to be death at close-range, if you don't have the right counter (clones, Mandos, skilled wooks, BH). There are other things I prefer in 1.4.9, such as saber v saber being longer.

Rock paper scissors balance is a bad idea. I don't mind Jedi being tanky, or super dangerous, but not both for 0 effort. The faster blaster speeds are more accurate to the movies, and allow for gunner accuracy to matter slightly more.

Does every patch radically change the gameplay this much? I was just getting used to the saber system from last patch and now I'm back to square one.

Does every patch radically change the gameplay this much? I was just getting used to the saber system from last patch and now I'm back to square one.
It's the Movie Battles cycle. They change the system, you spend weeks getting used to it. They change it again, you repeat. Might as well get used to it