Feedback Thread: 1.5

First post on forum.
This is my negative opinion/bitching about this patch directed to Devs that i made after playing for one day.
None of the insults are thrown seriously, they are just jokes to show my hatred toward this patch.
It took me 4 hours to make this so if you're gonna take this down don't do it for atleast one day. Pls.
I'm sorry if there are any grammar errors or i overuse some words.
Seems like you didn't post all of the changes. I wrote about things that aren't in changelog so some of them may not be true. Disregard them if they aren't.

OPEN:
Revert to old projectile speeds. Dodging and skill mattered then ,but now it's just spamming at close range.
Thx to this Cr3 easily smashes anyone at close range no matter skill. Why buff hitscan?
Decoupling SBD gun's damage from battery level is awful change. Before you needed to be good to not lose damage and rate of fire from battery level.
Now you can't wear him out by potshots. Buffing SBD i see. Nice.
Increase deka drains and remove discharge because it's just tool for correcting your mistakes or team's.
Revert lower body blaster damage multiplier. If you can't aim you shouldn't get rewarded.
Flinch feels worser than before.
Godcaster v.2.0. I hated it's drain before but now it's worser.
I can't find it in changelog but making smaller deflection radius is horrible. Jedi/Sith can't push choke points like Dotf main now.
It's they're job to make chaos in enemy ranks and allow for gunners to kill off busy enemy.
You can stll see carried bomb on scarif? Or was it fixed?
Stop removing event maps. Some of us would like to play them on some other time of the year.
Smuggler should've stayed small. It is chaos map. It's played for fun not for competitevness. I like data pad room though.
Fix these microstutters and lags and good job for pushing your new effects to everyone instead of making it official addon or something.
At least post old ones and tell us how to replace them.
More bugs than you can count. Did you even beta test this?

Though i liked 1.4.9 open more changes are okay.

Dueling:
My impression of it at first was 50/50, then great and when i reflected on changes i came to the conclusion this patch is garbage.

Why increase slap, leg sweep, jump kick, side kick cooldowns? Make side kick function like normal kick.
Saber noise spam - had sound cut off few times. It feels more now than in 1.4.9.
Bring back non PB parries but with like 50% damage of enemy swings dealt to the one who initiated parry.
Why remove perfect parry? It required skill to use not on random ,but it helped counteract 4 hit combo spammers.
Now hard yawed 4 hit yellow combos are too op. Full damage of them is 54 BP aginst yellow. They're pretty hard to PB in first place ,but ability to start combat with them instead of grinding ACM before makes them broken.
Failing Mblock no longer drains BP from the defender. Really good change. MB, MBC spammers heaven.
New: Can now do forward or backward Mblock movements vs forward swings, instead of just backward movements. Explain this to me.
It's about MBing WA, WD, W swings with ability to also do them by pressing WA, WD, W? If so why? Why? Just why?
Style point costs change seems to me as good one. It makes for more diverse builds. Now i can have easily 2 powers. One level 3 and the other level 1. Though i can't handle more than one power.
Since you are being dealt more damage when you run you should also deal more damage not less. Big risk = big reward not big risk = no reward.
Change: Attacker crouching: (1 / 1.5)x BP dealt. WTF is this.
Def 1 - just lower regened BP and remove that 1.4x BP taken modifier. Using def 1 right now is suicide since 1 non-PBed combo or interrupt kills you.
Change: Additional overall multiplier: 0.8x BP drain. What was previous one since you didn't write it.
Change: Defender knocked down or in a roll or slapping: 1.0x BP taken. Great not being able to PB only con of being slapped or missing slaps.

Thank god swing restrictions don't apply in air. Change red's restriction to the way other style's are considering how bad red is in this patch.
Nice job for adding restrictions to swings when you make PBing new meta. Adding pbindicator makes first swing PB even easier.
Yellow 4 hit combo deals 43 BP against yellow. Welcome spam meta. Non-spammy playstyles that don't heavily rely on PB are dead now.
Not swingblocking is instant death. Especially with new interrupt. Goodbye new players. This patch feels like it was made for high tier tryhards.
1v2 is nearly unwinnable. Half-swinging is way too op. Decrease damage of it to like 0.8x.
Thx to new meta i am able to defeat opponents just by spamming 2 or 3 hit combos with yellow.
I am even able to come back up to 2 times per duel from no BP to almst full BP with new PB regen.
Many of those opponents would destroy me in 1.4.9 without them doing hit and run and i don't believe i got good overnight.

I have played only red, yellow and purple. I haven't tested purple enough to talk about it's speed change, but whoever added puprle stab please quit being Dev.
Excellent idea. No cooldown, double hitting, instant, no way to dodge stab. Balance. This word doesn't exist.
Revert it to kata. Maybe make it's attack range longer. Make it so you regen set amount of BP when you do it and make it slightly knockback. If it is possible make it PBable to weaken it if it'll be too powerful.
I saw someone say that 4 hit yellow combo deals more damage to red than 3 hit red combo to it. Which according to math is correct. Red nerfed to hell i see.
Devs did you even calculate this before release. Unforunately i can't find the post on forum.
Red vs Red fights are now waiting for enemy to attack. PB first hit, counter off last hit. He PBed your first swing? PB his first. Repeat until he's dead.
Btw Red vs Red combo deals 80 BP and Red vs Yellow is 57 BP vs yellow's 60.
Red vs Yellow fight is glass cannon no longer being cannon. Offensive playstyle with red pretty much doesn't exist. Bring back it's stagger.
It'll make it slighty stronger offensively
Also I saw someone say that you can insantly switch from yellow to red before attack. You can do red combo but your opponent can only see yellow stance. Haven't tested this one.

Proposition:
Revert dueling to 1.4.9. It's much better base for further development than this. Make meta revolve around ACM.
But instead of farming it like it was then remove ACC and make ACM obtainable/reduced by a lot of things.
PBs giving ACM, counter's giving More than 1 ACM, Red getting ACM for each swing in combo. Make MBC halve your ACM. If quick style gets hit by Red's non-counter full combo make it lose like 70% ACM.
Make ACM mean involvment in combat.
This way there will be alot more playstyles. Fights will be still quick since you are involved in combat one way or another.
Styles that should deal more damage will do that.

Ideas:
Make more styles that have defined playstyles instead of trying to do it with core duel mechanics.
Make another medium stance where you hold lighsaber above your head, about 40° to it. Make it more offence less defense yellow with slightly slower attack speed.

Edit: I forgot about overall multiplier: 0.8x BP drain so my calculations were a bit off. They're fixed now.

Last edited:
The test I did with SK5 in 1.4.9 after 1.5 conclusively proved that I was able to do exactly the same thing in 1.4.9 that I did in 1.5. If we're talking about the replies after bodyhit/pb they seem to function the same.
Then what is it thats making the build feel so different? There's definitely something which isn't as smooth and flow-y compared to 1.4.9 and to me it feels awful

First post on forum.
This is my negative opinion/bitching about this patch directed to Devs that i made after playing for one day.
None of the insults are thrown seriously, they are just jokes to show my hatred toward this patch.
It took me 4 hours to make this so if you're gonna take this down don't do it for atleast one day. Pls.
Seems like you didn't post all of the changes. I wrote about things that aren't in changelog so some of them may not be true. Disregard them if they aren't.

OPEN:
Revert to old projectile speeds. Dodging and skill mattered then ,but now it's just spamming at close range.
Thx to this Cr3 easily smashes anyone at close range no matter skill. Why buff hitscan?
Decoupling SBD gun's damage from battery level is awful change. Before you needed to be good to not lose damage and rate of fire from battery level.
Increase deka drains and remove discharge because it's just tool for correcting your mistakes or team's.
Revert lower body blaster damage multiplier. If you can't aim you shouldn't get rewarded.
I can't find it in changelog but making smaller deflection radius is horrible. Jedi/Sith can't push choke points like Dotf main now.
It's they're job to make chaos in enemy ranks and allow for gunners to kill off busy enemy.
Stop removing event maps. Some of us would like to play them on some other time of the year.
Smuggler should've stayed small. It is chaos map. It's played for fun not for competitevness. I like data pad room though.
Fix these microstutters and lags and good job for pushing your new effects to everyone instead of making it official addon or something.

Dueling:
My impression of it at first was 50/50, then great and when i reflected on changes i came to the conclusion this patch is garbage.

Why increase slap, leg sweep, jump kick, side kick cooldowns? Make side kick function like normal kick.
Saber noise spam - had sound cut off few times. It feels more now than in 1.4.9.
Bring back non PB parries but with like 50% damage of enemy swings dealt to the one who initiated parry.
Why remove perfect parry? It required skill to use not on random ,but it helped counteract 4 hit combo spammers.
Now hard yawed 4 hit yellow combos are too op. Full damage of them is 54 BP aginst yellow. They're pretty hard to PB in first place ,but ability to start combat with them instead of grinding ACM before makes them broken.
Failing Mblock no longer drains BP from the defender. Really good change. MB, MBC spammers heaven.
New: Can now do forward or backward Mblock movements vs forward swings, instead of just backward movements. Explain this to me.
It's about MBing WA, WD, W swings with ability to also do them by pressing WA, WD, W? If so why? Why? Just why?
Style point costs change seems to me as good one. It makes for more diverse builds. Now i can have easily 2 powers. One level 3 and the other level 1. Though i can't handle more than one power.
Since you are being dealt more damage when you run you should also deal more damage not less. Big risk = big reward not big risk = no reward.
Def 1 - just lower regened BP and remove that 1.4x BP taken modifier. Using def 1 right now is suicide since 1 non-PBed combo or interrupt kills you.
Change: Additional overall multiplier: 0.8x BP drain. What was previous one since you didn't write it.
Change: Defender knocked down or in a roll or slapping: 1.0x BP taken. Great not being able to PB only con of being slapped or missing slaps.

Thank god swing restrictions don't apply in air. Change red's restriction to the way other style's are considering how bad red is in this patch.
Nice job for adding restrictions to swings when you make PBing new meta. Adding pbindicator makes first swing PB even easier.
Yellow 4 hit combo deals 54 BP against yellow. Welcome spam meta. Non-spammy playstyles that don't heavily rely on PB are dead now.
Not swingblocking is instant death. Especially with new interrupt. Goodbye new players. This patch feels like it was made for high tier tryhards.
1v2 is nearly unwinnable. Half-swinging is way too op. Decrease damage of it to like 0.8x.
Thx to new meta i am able to defeat opponents just by spamming 2 or 3 hit combos with yellow.
I am even able to come back up 2 times per duel from no BP to almst full BP with new PB regen.
Many of those opponents would destroy me in 1.4.9 without them doing hit and run and i don't believe i got good overnight.

I have played only red, yellow and purple. I haven't tested purple enough to talk about it's speed change, but whoever added puprle stab please quit being Dev.
Excellent idea. No cooldown, double hitting, instant, no way to dodge stab. Balance. This word doesn't exist.
Revert it to kata. Maybe make it's attack range longer. Make it so you regen set amount of BP when you do it and make it slightly knockback. If it is possible make it PBable to weaken it if it'll be too powerful.
I saw someone say that 4 hit yellow combo deals more damage to red than 3 hit red combo to it. Which according to math is correct. Red nerfed to hell i see.
Devs did you even calculate this before release. Unforunately i can't find the post on forum.
Red vs Red fights are now waiting for enemy to attack. PB first hit, counter off last hit. He PBed your first swing? PB his first. Repeat until he's dead.
Btw Red vs Red combo deals 100 BP and Red vs Yellow is 72 BP vs yellow's 75.
Red vs Yellow fight is glass cannon no longer being cannon. Offensive playstyle with red pretty much doesn't exist. Bring back it's stagger.
Also I saw someone say that you can insantly switch from yellow to red before attack. You can do red combo but your opponent can only see yellow stance.
Haven't tested this one.
FIX THIS GARBAGE

Proposition:
Revert dueling to 1.4.9. It's much better base for further development than this. Make meta revolve around ACM.
But instead of farming it like it was then remove ACC and make ACM obtainable/reduced by a lot of things.
PBs giving ACM, counter's giving More than 1 ACM, Red getting ACM for each swing in combo. Make MBC halve your ACM. If quick style gets hit by Red's non-counter full combo make it lose like 70% ACM.
This way there will be alot more playstyles. Fights will be still quick since you are involved in combat one way or another.

Ideas:
Make more styles that have defined playstyles instead of trying to do it with core duel mechanics.
Make another medium stance where you hold lighsaber above your head, about 40° to it. Make it more offence less defense yellow with slightly slower attack speed.
Pretty much support everything you said.

First post on forum.

OPEN:

Dueling:

Yellow 4 hit combo deals 54 BP against yellow. Welcome spam meta. Non-spammy playstyles that don't heavily rely on PB are dead now.
I am even able to come back up 2 times per duel from no BP to almst full BP with new PB regen.

Btw Red vs Red combo deals 100 BP and Red vs Yellow is 72 BP vs yellow's 75.
Also I saw someone say that you can insantly switch from yellow to red before attack. You can do red combo but your opponent can only see yellow stance.
Haven't tested this one.
FIX THIS GARBAGE

Proposition:

Ideas:
fuck me, I can't comment on Open because I barely play it but those dueling changes are the most contradictory ideas i've ever seen: '4 hit combos are too op!!' 'nerf half swing!!' 'why has crouch damage been nerfed??' 'damage is too high'

> the whole mb2 community complains about ACM
> suggests readding ACM

O________O

Fix the goddamn dynamic lightning fps bug

Melee changes are utterly pointless and extremely frustrating

Dueling system is all about perfect blocking everything now, pbindicator was a good addition though. ACM shouldn't be completely worthless, 6 uninterrupted swings when playing against a player of equal skill is way too hard

Projectile speed change is bad and removes some of the uniqueness of mb2 gunplay, even if it was increased by only 15% it's very noticeable

Deka increased FP drain isn't noticeable

increased lower body damage makes aiming matter less

The patch in general feels somewhat rushed, did you try to fit the release in as soon as possible after the release of Solo?

Nerfing half swing because of how much first hit deals BP.
I didn't say crouch damage was nerfed but i don't understand what it means in changelog.
(1 / 1.5)x BP dealt - when is 1x and when 1.5x. No explanation.

fuck me, I can't comment on Open because I barely play it but those dueling changes are the most contradictory ideas i've ever seen: '4 hit combos are too op!!' 'nerf half swing!!' 'why has crouch damage been nerfed??' 'damage is too high'

> the whole mb2 community complains about ACM
> suggests readding ACM

O________O
How about we find a middle ground instead of acm being either useless or way too important

How about we find a middle ground instead of acm being either useless or way too important
i agree with that, the things I'd suggest are:
  • Make ACM kick in at +6 hits for yellow still, but when it does its a far greater multiplier than 1.2x, such as 1.5x or maybe even 2x damage
  • Revert the 'lock up' changes with animations
  • Lower BP regen on Pb to like 4BP or 2BP, at the moment coupled with regen you can restore 50-ish pb from blocking 3 of 4 hits in a combo. lol
  • Make half swings do a bit more damage, regen makes them cucked to use compared to combo hits. They also feel like they should do more damage mechanically. Should be reasons to use both half swings and combos, and atm combos are the obvious pick

MMMmmmmm nice ,devs, purple abusing is everywhere, very nice, fuckn stub+no flinch. Its fuckn annoying:mad:

k4far

Banned
Donator
Like:

▪ Changed ACM

Dislike:
▪Purple stab,
▪Droideka becoming a meme,
▪Faster bullet speeds,
▪Rewards for PB (There is no need for BP regen for PBs. It's enough you take no damage when you do it right),
▪Mblock instant kill is still there.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Revert to old projectile speeds. Dodging and skill mattered then ,but now it's just spamming at close range.y
Projectile speed change is bad and removes some of the uniqueness of mb2 gunplay, even if it was increased by only 15% it's very noticeable

Bullet speeds

Did you guys vote here, and try the open betas after we gave it a try? It was generally a positive response after we ran the poll and actually implemented a place to test it to see if people changed their mind. The feedback we got is why we kept it.

I like the faster speeds more.

While I think simplification is good I kinda agree here. I think we just need a better indicator for SBD to show him how much his damage is affected by his battery. Right now its kind of a hidden mechanic.

Increase deka drains

Agree

increased lower body damage makes aiming matter less

Agree. I personally don't get why it was buffed but was willing to give it a try. If most people agree I think it should be put back.

Was supposed to be fixed but I can't remember if it made the build or not. We tested it. I spaced off when tempest asked people if the fix was still working during the test session.

Needed to remove the PK3 to make it safe for later. If we have too many pk3s with additions the game starts to be not so nice. So it needed to be merged with Assets4 and we don't want to make people download 400MB any time we want to change an event by piling them all there at once.

Disagree. Smuggler was too small. This is much better.

Fix the goddamn dynamic lightning fps bug

Working on it. This was not something we saw on our test configuration at all. Even playing the same build as everyone else the problem doesn't appear to happen on the official servers which is what we tested on. We cant make the FX an option addon though as that just isn't how it works. There were only 2 FX that could have been done as an addon while roughly 8 were added.

Yes. I tested for at least 8 hours in the 3 days before we released it. That doesn't count other devs and testers either. Most of those bugs didn't appear in our session and we squashed those that did. But you aren't going to see the bugs that would have been present without those test. We also had to delay release a day because of some critical bugs that needed to be fixed.

The patch in general feels somewhat rushed, did you try to fit the release in as soon as possible after the release of Solo?

We released what was ready. Most of the open changes were in open beta for like 2 months before now. Did you attend those tests?

Anyway thats all I can say for those as I am not a saberist.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
i agree with that, the things I'd suggest are:
  • Make ACM kick in at +6 hits for yellow still, but when it does its a far greater multiplier than 1.2x, such as 1.5x or maybe even 2x damage
  • Revert the 'lock up' changes with animations
  • Lower BP regen on Pb to like 4BP or 2BP, at the moment coupled with regen you can restore 50-ish pb from blocking 3 of 4 hits in a combo. lol
  • Make half swings do a bit more damage, regen makes them cucked to use compared to combo hits. They also feel like they should do more damage mechanically. Should be reasons to use both half swings and combos, and atm combos are the obvious pick

Without proper BP regen on PB, we probably have to increase stock BP regen again, which will make rungaying easier and make it harder to land kills, especially in open mode and might also have to reduce damage taken to more noodle-like conditions again, which is not good. I think the regen on PB is great because it buffs skillful halfswings and unpredictable combos in general and makes it so that noobish flailing will help regen your opponents BP. So it encourages skilled attacking in a non-annoying way as opposed to making PBs combo break, which is the annoying way. If your opponent is being lazy with attacks and you are low BP but then hit a bunch of PBs, shouldn't you be able to make a comeback?

Not sure what you mean by lock-up changes, since you seem to think that you can do things in 1.5 you shouldn't be able to even though stassin has said it's not so.

Halfswings are quite strong in this meta due to interrupts and PB in returns. The reason you feel they are weak is because combos interrupt noobs more easily, while well-timed halfswings interrupt stronger players better when u mix them in with combos and make them more unpredictable.

I don't want to be that ego guy, but all of your listed things with the exception of the ACM change, are 'git-gud' issues. I think purple stab (timer on specials so they hit twice + extend the invulnerability of specials), is a far more valid complaint.

Without proper BP regen on PB, we probably have to increase stock BP regen again, which will make rungaying easier and make it harder to land kills, especially in open mode and might also have to reduce damage taken to more noodle-like conditions again, which is not good. I think the regen on PB is great because it buffs skillful halfswings and unpredictable combos in general and makes it so that noobish flailing will help regen your opponents BP. So it encourages skilled attacking in a non-annoying way as opposed to making PBs combo break, which is the annoying way. If your opponent is being lazy with attacks and you are low BP but then hit a bunch of PBs, shouldn't you be able to make a comeback?

Not sure what you mean by lock-up changes, since you seem to think that you can do things in 1.5 you shouldn't be able to even though stassin has said it's not so.

Halfswings are quite strong in this meta due to interrupts and PB in returns. The reason you feel they are weak is because combos interrupt noobs more easily, while well-timed halfswings interrupt stronger players better when u mix them in with combos and make them more unpredictable.

I don't want to be that ego guy, but all of your listed things with the exception of the ACM change, are 'git-gud' issues. I think purple stab (timer on specials so they hit twice + extend the invulnerability of specials), is a far more valid complaint.
3 hit combo with yellow does about 30bp

3 hit pb with yellow does about 50+bp

that makes no sense at all

it's literally listed in the changelog that saber animations and lock-ups were changed lol

im not even that bad at the patch lol, i can still compete with the majority of people, I think people need to stop pretending this patch is perfect and accept that it's on the right path but not perfect

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I strongly prefer the faster shotspeeds. It makes aim less guessy at mid ranges. I'm fine with there being some degree of evasion possible but all-in-all I think things got too guessy at too short of ranges.

Arguably this patch makes clone rifle worse at longer range gunfights, since random spray is worse vs aimed fire when shot speeds are high enough for aimed fire to have a chance at being accurate. Against a higher-accuracy weapon the CR is likely to be head-shot down.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
3 hit combo with yellow does about 30bp

3 hit pb with yellow does about 50+bp

that makes no sense at all

it's literally listed in the changelog that saber animations and lock-ups were changed lol

im not even that bad at the patch lol, i can still compete with the majority of people, I think people need to stop pretending this patch is perfect and accept that it's on the right path but not perfect

No one has said the patch is perfect afaik. I think we all know it's not and want to improve it.

BP regen per PB = 8.

8*3 = 24 (not 50? wtf)

So perfect blocking 3 hits nets you a whole 24 BP, oh my god. But nvm, we all know how easy it is to PB people that can attack properly with yaw and facehug, right? It's surely much more difficult to do a 3 hit combo and deal 33 bp dmg(yvy) to our opponent, right?

Also I agree with lessen. These faster speeds are great. Pistol also feels a lot more fun for me than in the previous patch. They aren't fast to the point that it stops feeling like MBII, but fast enough that good aimers can make more of a difference.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
It's important to keep in mind, everybody, that "discomfort" with the new changes isn't necessarily because the changes are bad.

Lots of the discomfort is just unfamiliarity. Give yourself some time to adjust. Especially with the faster shot speeds lol.

Cuz from having been an active participant in the Open Betas let me tell you I am well-adjusted to the higher shot speeds and I like them. I remember having initial discomfort just from my aim being thrown off, but once I adjusted I found them preferable to the slower speeds.

It's important to keep in mind, everybody, that "discomfort" with the new changes isn't necessarily because the changes are bad.

Lots of the discomfort is just unfamiliarity. Give yourself some time to adjust. Especially with the faster shot speeds lol.

Cuz from having been an active participant in the Open Betas let me tell you I am well-adjusted to the higher shot speeds and I like them. I remember having initial discomfort just from my aim being thrown off, but once I adjusted I found them preferable to the slower speeds.
I doubt I'll get used to this update. The PB indicator is a good addon, and I also like a few of the minor changes, but a bulk of the update is trash and it's buggy as hell. Droidekas are pretty much sliding/crawling memes at this point. And the purple stab isn't even OP -- it's broken.

I'm neutral about the shooting speed, though.

Like:

▪ Changed ACM

Dislike:
▪Purple stab,
▪Droideka becoming a meme,
▪Faster bullet speeds,
▪Rewards for PB (Achilles nailed it - there is no need for BP regen for PB it's enough you take no damage when you do it right),
▪Mblock instant kill still there (Remove instant counter).
insta counter is a good mechanic

pb
No one has said the patch is perfect afaik. I think we all know it's not and want to improve it.

BP regen per PB = 8.

8*3 = 24 (not 50? wtf)
Oh really wow thank you i am enlightened xDDDD

Actually test it in game, I literally said that the regen coupled with the +8bp per PB makes it around 50bp

Fang

Donator
It's weird this patch. feels like nothing has changed for me. Nothing feels extremely different (perhaps cuz I just dont give 2 shits about duelling and thas where its all at) only thing I thought was either borked or stupid was pistol 3 lately. Being one tapped or one tapped to low health was slightly aggravating.

Other than that, still think dodge 1 needs a tweak, worthless with those point costs (like what d1 = 1/4 of bar then jumps to 3/4s nearly? at level 2???)

oh yes and thank god you didnt implement that nade feature, funny as it is, in normal situations aggravation + 2

Ah yes I did also feel that proj damage is still inconsistent but its nothing that bothers when you can just fully-auto/pistol whip after anyway

pretty decent patch 6/10 marbles

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Other than that, still think dodge 1 needs a tweak, worthless with those point costs (like what d1 = 1/4 of bar then jumps to 3/4s nearly? at level 2???)
dawg it's thirds
1/3 2/3 3/3
(of 2 seconds)
(so 0.66, 1.33, 2.00)