Feedback Thread: 1.5

Also, purple still get flinch in open.

I eventually killed my opponent with swing blocked deflected shots in the face after getting flinched 5 time in a row

sumtin wong

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Overall I really like how it feels, both in dueling and in open mode. But there are some bugs to iron out.

---

I was going to show a stagger bug I had in a duel, but then I found out that demo recording is broken. It overrode all of the demos I took with the same demo from pre-release testing...The demo names are correct, but they are all 217kb and show the same demo from pre-release testing instead of the proper demo. Used openjk. But goddamn it, I had some cool plays, you know?

Link to zipped demos MEGA
It seems that everything was overwritten by lastdemo_recording. As you can see, that is the only demo from 28 may.

The stagger may have happened when I mblocked someone, not sure exactly but I swear it staggered...

Purple stab is quite annoying when it hits twice. If it hit only once <3 Same with blue lunge, rly annoying that it hits twice and a problem in duels sometimes.

I was also having 1 second freezes on mblock/sparkle effects? Something along those lines, not sure which. Couldn't reproduce, but others also reported the mini-freezes taking place. My FPS is tanking a lot in this patch unfortunately.

There was also a crash on JT when someone killed a youngling (I think).

Last edited:
This update is a mixed bag. There are somethings I hate and detest and others I love. I'd replace the purple stab with the twirly kata move and, y'know, make droidekas actually useful against Jedi.

This update is a mixed bag. There are somethings I hate and detest and others I love. I'd replace the purple stab with the twirly kata move and, y'know, make droidekas actually useful against Jedi.
kata was sort of useless until you stacked high acm, i much prefer the stab and you can actually mix it into ur combos which make it look awesome.

that being said, i'll admit it does need alooot of fix, but the concept is cool

Last edited:
Deka is an utterly broken class and needs a rework before anything else. I'd rather have a weak ass deka than the terror of a good deka in the current state will bring.

Also people here crying that they cant abuse def 1 anymore. That's pretty funny.

"HURR DURR I get oneshot when I run in front of a proj in melee range and dont block" Hilarious

Yes deka is utterly broken against jedi. ZERO chance of killing even an average jedi. You would rather a red jedi mindlessly rush against deka with zero fucks, trade 20 hp and kill it? That is fucking broken. Not even op, completely and utterly broken.

Smee

Banned
Deka is an utterly broken class and needs a rework before anything else. I'd rather have a weak ass deka than the terror of a good deka in the current state will bring.

Also people here crying that they cant abuse def 1 anymore. That's pretty funny.

"HURR DURR I get oneshot when I run in front of a proj in melee range and dont block" Hilarious

1. It's not melee range
2. How do you "abuse" saber defence 1?

*edited to remove the uncalled for flaming part

Last edited:
2. How do you "abuse" saber defence 1?
last few patches def 1 was pretty viable and by abusing it i mean people picking it up for lost cost and having little downsides
1. It's not melee range
well thats a bug currently that drains are not capped properly and damage values outside of IDR are too high(You can oneshot a jedi/sith with def 1 outside of IDR right now which is a bug)
3. Why are you such a passive aggressive pussy that you don't reply to me when crying about me?
Because it's not only you

bit early and i might be alone but i hate those bodyhit counters, it feels a lot like you're just facehugging and guessing your opponent's swings since they're so quick

idk, i just wish the fluency of 1.4.9 was still here with the other aspects which have been added. animations kind of feel twitchy and weird, whereas I preferred the skill it took to actually interrupt swings in the last build compared to now where you can just swing as soon as you're hit and you will 100% land the swing no matter what

ironically enough i feel the same, i dont feel a consistency in this new saber system, added lots of features, removed others, made things feel weird, unbalanced in how things are suppose to work when they are not, animation feels odd, sometimes you get disarmed for no reason even when not getting hit im guessing thats also a problem from the animations, sigh i could say a lot of things and people are gonna disregard my comment/opinion on the matter but say what you want even the previous patch felt more consistent than this new one, im not a Fan.
could be fixed? sure i guess? i hope so? it took so long to get this done so im not gonna remain that hopeful anymore in the end and most of the cases from what ive seen, the saber systems that keeps coming out usually benefits those that are usually in more contact with the saber clans/duels servers (or even have a better ping than the rest of the players) , than what it does to those that feel that wants to have a few duels and they just get rekt no matter what they seem to try, im sure i speak for some users that are not even in the forums and those that are but they are not saying a thing.
+shieldON.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Small observation:
Because Use+Jumps no longer drain BP, if you input jump-based special moves while holding Use you'll also lose significantly less BP.

Which seems like questionable design. You should basically always be holding Use when inputting any of those special moves.

Overall I really like how it feels, both in dueling and in open mode. But there are some bugs to iron out.

---

I was going to show a stagger bug I had in a duel, but then I found out that demo recording is broken. It overrode all of the demos I took with the same demo from pre-release testing...The demo names are correct, but they are all 217kb and show the same demo from pre-release testing instead of the proper demo. Used openjk. But goddamn it, I had some cool plays, you know?

Link to zipped demos MEGA
It seems that everything was overwritten by lastdemo_recording. As you can see, that is the only demo from 28 may.

The stagger may have happened when I mblocked someone, not sure exactly but I swear it staggered...

Purple stab is quite annoying when it hits twice. If it hit only once <3 Same with blue lunge, rly annoying that it hits twice and a problem in duels sometimes.

I was also having 1 second freezes on mblock/sparkle effects? Something along those lines, not sure which. Couldn't reproduce, but others also reported the mini-freezes taking place. My FPS is tanking a lot in this patch unfortunately.

There was also a crash on JT when someone killed a youngling (I think).
i saw the stagger when I slapped someone, then 4 hit them on the ground. He got back up and i saw a stagger anim on the way up

giphy.gif

my main problem with the build is the fact you can no longer half swing quicker than someone who does a counter on you. In 1.4.9 you could half swing twice in a row and there wasn't a timing where they could interrupt you if you were quick enough, now it seems that no matter what you do you can always be hit before your second/third/fourth half swing lands.

the gif above shows the bounce hit that i'm on about. it takes no skill to do it and it's an almost instant hit. I just want the feeling back of 1.4.9 where it was more turn take-y unless you were clever with movement and timing. now it kind of feels cheap and way harder to actually use half swings with good timing effectively, since every time you hit you can be immediately hit back

i'm not sure how this change even came to be, i'm guessing its to do with the animations being cleaned up or whatever happened

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
my main problem with the build is the fact you can no longer half swing quicker than someone who does a counter on you. In 1.4.9 you could half swing twice in a row and there wasn't a timing where they could interrupt you if you were quick enough, now it seems that no matter what you do you can always be hit before your second/third/fourth half swing lands.

the gif above shows the bounce hit that i'm on about. it takes no skill to do it and it's an almost instant hit. I just want the feeling back of 1.4.9 where it was more turn take-y unless you were clever with movement and timing. now it kind of feels cheap and way harder to actually use half swings with good timing effectively, since every time you hit you can be immediately hit back

i'm not sure how this change even came to be, i'm guessing its to do with the animations being cleaned up or whatever happened
Countering/halfswinging mechanics are the exact same as the previous build without a single doubt.

EDIT: the animations have not been changed at all.

Countering/halfswinging mechanics are the exact same as the previous build without a single doubt.

yet something feels odd, why? i tested it early and it does feel quite weird, maybe i cant put it on words what im experiencing perhaps noel can, but i definitely know what he means.

They have, Sev and SK5 tested it and both confirmed something had changed

edit: its to do with the lockups after you get hit or hit someone or something i think which arent there now

I think that the lagspike issue on dueling mode, happens to be triggered by someone who spawns in after they connected. You know, the same lagspike you get at each round begin? When everyone spawns? I always have those 1-2 sec freezes when someone "enters the game" Hope I could help finding and fixing this bug =)

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
at least make the stab delayed a bit by giving it a small jump then stab. Similar to the animation used on the CQC droids on mb2_dxun's yellow kata.
also give me my fucking beta. id like to play a bit before i leave and not hate the game

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
They have, Sev and SK5 tested it and both confirmed something had changed

edit: its to do with the lockups after you get hit or hit someone or something i think which arent there now
The test I did with SK5 in 1.4.9 after 1.5 conclusively proved that I was able to do exactly the same thing in 1.4.9 that I did in 1.5. If we're talking about the replies after bodyhit/pb they seem to function the same.

Reactions: SK5