1.4 Open Beta General Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEWD!!!
(That is a bad screen shot by the way, I don't know what im looking at other than what I think is ventris pegging a droid.)

They clipped into each other. It happens from time to time. Most often with doors. The irony that when I tried to backflip someone out of it, well, it worked but I took his place stuck in the door.

This seems more gay though.

I thought it might have something to do with the animation - the map clipping and maybe lag etc.

I got stuck in the floor once. No idea how that happened...

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Forcewhore is not supposed to be on par with a saber user. And the biggest problem with this is that lighting + saber user is going to be op as hell. Goodbye winning situations 2v1 (gunner + sith) as a jedi if sith has lighting, hardly matters how skillful the sith is as long as he knows how to press lighting button.

If you're force focused you can be pushed anyway like that. Pushing is still stronger anyway, as it allows the gunner free shots. Whereas lightning just stuns temporarily. Not to mention if you have lightning 3, and you zap a Jedi while he is close to your teammate, you'll also paralyze your teammate. If anything, lightning is useful to win 2v1s against saberists, as you can force focus one, and constantly stagger his swings to give you precious time to regain BP.

While I think the flinch aspect is unnecessary and poorly implemented, the lightning change is very welcome.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah but they never worked, the intercom would say they would happen but nothing changed in the map.
I saw them on your youtube channel, but never in game. I even played that map in FA mode.
I assumed you were still working on the map and so I never bothered to report it.

Huh? They worked every time I played on the map since release. Which was a lot. I didn't do anything to them this time either. If you were playing the fastload version, that one has the events removed.

Huh? They worked every time I played on the map since release. Which was a lot. I didn't do anything to them this time either. If you were playing the fastload version, that one has the events removed.
Then fastload is the one on the official FA server and the one everyone else uses when cruiser is played.
It's a damn shame.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
No idea what's causing it but downloading the open beta client reset most of my mouse & crosshair settings as well as has a ridiculously high menu sensitivity. Also, something's been done to the dynamic crosshair, no idea what but it's jumping around like crazy and making close range fights almost impossible now.
What engine are you using? What happens if you set Widescreen UI to Off in Camera Options?

Showing screenshots is highly adviced.
I am guessing you don't have jamp ready for the new version.
However we should be able to use vanilla built in one right?

Or does that also not work?
Because it would be useful for bug reports if screenshots cant convey whats going on.

I copied config, but still my crosshair moves with strafing. I think it's cg_thirdpersontargetcameradamp 1 which should fix, but it doesn't. Same config works on 1.3. Linux, OpenJK

What engine are you using? What happens if you set Widescreen UI to Off in Camera Options?

OpenJK/MBII Client.

No change, mouse sensitivity in menu is still crazy fast, dynamic crosshair is iffy as all hell, jumps around like crazy in close combat and is almost unusable.
Also, don't know what this update has done but using the same configs I backed up prior to updating to the beta the sensitivity is now incredibly fast both ingame and in the menu on regular MBII as well so I assume something that came with the beta client has messed that up. No idea what it could be though.

EDIT: The problem is fixed however when in first person, I'm guessing it has something to do with the third person movement of the model and where the gun is pointing messing up with the dynamic crosshair? Whatever changes were done to anything like that need to be reverted ASAP in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Change: Automatic blocking saber animations upon incoming projectiles now occur at all ranges, only when actually deflecting projectiles and not when projectiles pass close by, and they lead to half-swings similar to the nudging ones (no more instantaneous swings).
no such thing at the moment. it doesn't work.

and sense still cost FP. which is ok. keep it that way.

pls remove this lightning stun thing. it's horrible.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
no such thing at the moment. it doesn't work.

It does. You may check in 1.3.2, when blaster shots pass very closely to your saber but don't hit it, the saber shakes. In this version, it does not.

I copied config, but still my crosshair moves with strafing. I think it's cg_thirdpersontargetcameradamp 1 which should fix, but it doesn't. Same config works on 1.3. Linux, OpenJK

Try cg_thirdpersontargetcameradamp 0.3 .

It does. You may check in 1.3.2, when blaster shots pass very closely to your saber but don't hit it, the saber shakes. In this version, it does not.

Try cg_thirdpersontargetcameradamp 0.3 .
  • Change: Automatic blocking saber animations upon incoming projectiles now occur at all ranges, only when actually deflecting projectiles and not when projectiles pass close by, and they lead to half-swings similar to the nudging ones (no more instantaneous swings).
they DONT lead to halfswings now. only for flinches. that is what im talking about.
only way to kill gunner now is to be very close to him for nudge or to be dexterity rabbit who avoids any projectiles.

One issue I had with echobase was the main expanded middle area. While I like it, there just isn't enough cover. Can't even hide behind the pillars, blaster shots can go through it (I was only there for a brief time, so I could be wrong on that point). But overall, I like the expanded area.

Perhaps you could make that middle area more like a command center, with computers and what not to hide behind.

EDIT: I mentioned this in another thread, but later when it is complete, this model should be added:
24587614663_2cb4a9e517_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.