1.4 Open Beta General Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preston

Nerd
Yeah and every time I did that I died because they crouched.
The only time that worked is against new players.

Revert the damage back to before, put flinch on sbd melee so they can't "slap spam".
You can crouch and still spam the slap, it was pretty broken against more than just jedi. Atleast this is a step on fixing sbd

You can crouch and still spam the slap, it was pretty broken against more than just jedi. Atleast this is a step on fixing sbd
Which is why I suggested the flinch, so people cant hold right click and get away with it.
And still keep the damage.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
Which is why I suggested the flinch, so people cant hold right click and get away with it.
And still keep the damage.
But why over complicate it like that, owering the damage to 10 allows people to still spam slap, which is enjoyable to do to people I must admit, while also making it not broken and killing people in 4 hits

Because I accepted the fact ill never get what I really want and have to compromise on everything.
If the issue is that the attack can get spammed, add a way to interrupt the slap spam.

The best part of the slap was the damage, then sev mentioned you can keep slapping without punishment and can chain it.
By nerfing the slap, you are basically removing the point of being aggressive and forcing the class to play defensively when hes supposed to be offensive.

Preston

Nerd
The best part of the slap was the damage, then sev mentioned you can keep slapping without punishment and can chain it.
By nerfing the slap, you are basically removing the point of being aggressive and forcing the class to play defensively when hes supposed to be offensive.
The best part of slap wasn't the damage, it's the fact that it knocks the opponent down, alowing you to just shoot them to death with sbds insane fire rate with level 3

The best part of slap wasn't the damage, it's the fact that it knocks the opponent down, alowing you to just shoot them to death with sbds insane fire rate with level 3
Knock downs don't mean anything if the person can roll in either direction and you are a range character. If you don't have access to a instant kill, it means nothing.

Also who gets fire level 3 when you die so easily without armor, health, and recharge.
The class is meant to be a forward assault not a glass cannon, the droidka is more of a glass cannon compared to the sbd.

Preston

Nerd
Knock downs don't mean anything if the person can roll in either direction, and not being able to perdict the direction.
You dont need to predict the movement? Sbds are quick enough to easily catch the jedi from a side roll, so you can slap them again. Also you can shoot and move at the same speed as you do without shooting. So you just slap, walk towards them as you shoot them, and if they arnt dead already, slap again. Also many gunner classes cant roll. Slap is very useful for gunners aswell.

You are forgetting the energy mechanic where the sbd slows, along with his fire rate and progressively gets weaker.
You need recharge level 2 to stay in fights, and need level 3 to completely ignore the class weaknesses.

Preston

Nerd
You are forgetting the energy mechanic where the sbd slows, along with his fire rate and progressively gets weaker.
You need recharge level 2 to stay in fights, and need level 3 to completely ignore the class weaknesses.
No im not forgetting, just assuming that most players use level 2. Even with level 1, its very possible to do. Especially with corners. Idk about you, but I persoanlly don't think a single slap should = a death sentence for any class. And yes 1 slap can or could of been a death sentence.

You need to shift walk with level 1 recharge if you want move and shoot without getting tired.
It takes 2 to 3 slaps to kill somebody with full health. 50hp is the lowest somebody can be, plus armor.

Preston

Nerd
You need to shift walk with level 1 recharge if you want move and shoot without getting tired.
Yes, but im saying you can just shoot and either really damage them or kill them just with 1 slap and shooting them on the ground. Lowering the damage to 10 was a good change, most seem to agree

Yes, but im saying you can just shoot and either really damage them or kill them just with 1 slap and shooting them on the ground. Lowering the damage to 10 was a good change, most seem to agree
Majority doesn't make it right, it just means more people you have to fight to correct a mistake.

Except its not a mistake. Can we just drop this.
Nope. Huge mistake.

I knew something was going to be taken away from me, and of course its the class that can directly counter the class I hate the most.
I just hope flinch actually means something.

Preston

Nerd
Nope. Huge mistake.

I knew something was going to be taken away from me, and of course its the class that can directly counter the class I hate the most.
I just hope flinch actually means something.
Fixing one the the only remaining broken classes is not a mistake. And as Ive already explained, slap damage is not the jedi killer, its the knock down.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Guys, I like that some of your are passionate but can we keep the back and forth to a minimum in this thread and leave it for the raw feedback? It makes it much easier to sort through for us than having to go through pages of people debating certain things back and forth until they reach a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.