Launcher Fix Released

mb2_logo_1.png

I am pleased to announce the release of a fixed launcher, fully compatible with the current site. Please read the update instructions below. I would also like to personally thank LoU for all of his hard work in getting the launcher running again. This would not have been possible without his continued dedication.

Update Instructions
  1. Download the latest version of the launcher here.
  2. Replace any existing MBIILauncher.exe with the version that you just downloaded.
  3. If you previously installed the temporary master server fix, manually delete zzzzz_MBII.pk3 from your MBII folder.
  4. Start the launcher, go to settings, and ensure "Check installation integrity on start" is ticked.
  5. Close the launcher and start it again. Wait for the integrity check and any downloads to complete.
  6. Click PLAY to start Movie Battles II.
Please report any glitches or bugs in the Bug Tracker forum. If you are having difficulty using the launcher, create a topic in the Support forum.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Class templates have been present for a long time. The ModDB download was missing them.

Looks like I messed up. D: Standby.

Last edited:

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie battles not detected...please click install!

What!?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie battles not detected...please click install!

What!?
Where does it believe your GameData is located? I believe this is part of the prompt if you click install.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Try installing then? It's likely a configuration file which the launcher checks to see if MBII is installed is not present.

Cat Lady

I could check it myself, but considering that other people are (probably) going to ask it too - fix for openjk version is included already in the files downloaded by launcher?

Also, LoU rox! Huge thank you, for making it happen.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I could check it myself, but considering that other people are (probably) going to ask it too - fix for openjk version is included already in the files downloaded by launcher?
It *should* work, at least in our limited testing.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Make sure you guys spread the word whenever you are in a server playing the game. We'd like everyone to hopefully be up and running with the launcher asap