Pole on server side modifications

Do you think server side modifications should be allowed onto the master server list?

• Yes.

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Well, how many are actually active?

Quite a lot more than you would think. Even if they arent active this week or this month, they probably will be next month. MB2 goes in cycles, even for myself. There might be a few months where I don't play, and a few months where I play a lot.

Before some of the steam statistics got taken down, JKA saw 16,000 unique players through steam alone in a 2 week timespan. MB2 accounts for over 50% of that most days. So just kinda take a guess. Discord is far from a good chunk of the total community.

Quite a lot more than you would think. Even if they arent active this week or this month, they probably will be next month. MB2 goes in cycles, even for myself. There might be a few months where I don't play, and a few months where I play a lot.

Before some of the steam statistics got taken down, JKA saw 16,000 unique players through steam alone in a 2 week timespan. MB2 accounts for over 50% of that most days. So just kinda take a guess. Discord is far from a good chunk of the total community.

(I'm not saying this with aggression but) what do you think the results would be if the poll would have gone live in an 'active part of this circle' (I also have to apologise if any of my comments sounded aggressive or offended someone from the devs or their supporters)

k4far

Banned
Donator
This community consists of 200 people, 1/4 managed to cast their votes. *Mqkes up a number* "this much needs to vote".
Wake up, Jacklul's tracker wouldn't exceed 150 in last few months. This is the only realistic measure. General traffic of website or discord is totally irrelevant. People in Discord also aren't accurate measure of your community. You can have million and nobody will reply to you or talk about this game. You are spouting nonsense to silence the only active players you have Mace. I seriously think you are not fit to publicly represent development team.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
(I'm not saying this with aggression but) what do you think the results would be if the poll would have gone live in an 'active part of this circle' (I also have to apologise if any of my comments sounded aggressive or offended someone from the devs or their supporters)

Its hard to exactly say, there are a lot of people who don't care at all so you would definitely see that portion climb quite a bit. You are also going to see the no votes quite a bit because more experienced members like Gargos would chime in because they were aware of what happened when something like this happened in the past, and they are well aware of the type of image/game that we have strived to build for 15 years. There is also the subsection of the community that believes that servers should have the freedom to do whatever they want even if that puts members of the community at risk (Like we have had trap servers created that people have used to doxx community members or get information about passwords for servers [we did fix this exploit after that happened]) that would put the vote towards yes.

So IMO it would be hard to say exactly where it would go. I think the poll if you got everyones (ie enough people randomly selected, not literally everyone's) position, with the points from developers and community members laid out in a proper format, the options for everything would be much closer. I think it would still favor the "yes" vote but WAY less so than it is now.

Even then though, this is something we as a team have a strong opinion on. This isn't like the projectile speed changes where its a change/decision we made fairly recently and is around balance where none of us are sure of the impact or feel without actually trying it. This is something we've based the core idea of what MB2 is around, so were going to be taking a much harder stance on this regardless of what the community feels because we need to focus on what we are.

God you people need to take a stats course. Sorry, but 50 votes towards something isn't enough, and even on the projectile speeds thing we said as much. Most things need at least 500 people even interacting with a vote, and 1,000 people at minimum to be seriously considered. Those people also have to be randomly selected, not link spammed towards people who already agree with a topic.

And guess what, even though we as a team agreed with what happened to be the majority on projectile speeds, we were still attacked by people. No matter what we choose we will always be yelled at.
You are insane, for like the past 2 years theres been like around 100 poeple playing this dead game

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You are insane, for like the past 2 years theres been like around 100 poeple playing this dead game

There is a difference between concurrent players and unique players. You really think those 100 people are the same people all day every day?

There is a difference between concurrent players and unique players. You really think those 100 people are the same people all day every day?
There is no point in trying to reason with you guys, it just goes in one ear and out the other. Half of the concurrent players have voted yes for this and youre asking for 500 votes. when was the last time this game had that many players? the release of the force awakens for about a month

k4far

Banned
Donator

Yes LOL. Your game lives thanks to 200ish group of people. You are calling them minority time after time. That's fucking offensive.

Yes LOL. Your game lives thanks to 200ish group of people. You are calling them minority time after time. That's fucking offensive.

Attachments

• 1234124312354123.png
    1234124312354123.png
    11 KB · Views: 212

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There is no point in trying to reason with you guys, it just goes in one ear and out the other. Half of the concurrent players have voted yes for this and youre asking for 500 votes. when was the last time this game had that many players? the release of the force awakens for about a month
How dense are you? He just answered your question 100 percent and it was also a logical explanation. What more do you want? There is definitely more than just 100 concurred players.

k4far

Banned
Donator
*attachment*
That must be all Padawan [1]. Jokes aside, impossible. This number must be out of ass.

That is not what I said, at all.
By not taking group like this seriously and with your comments in threads like this where community makes a poll to bring up a subject to developer person such as developer should not be making comments like "this is not enough" you are dissing your active players. I am telling you this is your WHOLE active player base making such threads. Clean those glasses and be realistic.

I agree, this pole has 50 yes-es, a really big number for a community our size

Of course it's 50 yes when you post a link on n/a discord and a bunch of ppl jump on to vote yes. You can easily go on another discord where people disagree with it, ask them to vote, and get 50 no's. Polls are generally unreliable.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Of course it's 50 yes when you post a link on n/a discord and a bunch of ppl jump on to vote yes. You can easily go on another discord where people disagree with it, ask them to vote, and get 50 no's. Polls are generally unreliable.

pls go away you are giving mace justification to his ignorance

Status
Not open for further replies.