Pole on server side modifications

Do you think server side modifications should be allowed onto the master server list?

• Yes.

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I have no idea what he's talking about, because if you look at SteamCharts the numbers are in fact, substantially lower and closer to that 150-200 estimate that other people have said. Even if you use 60 as a sample size, and 500 unique people play MB2 in a month (I'm being extremely generous here), it's pretty much impossible to get that precise of a measurement.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I have no idea what he's talking about, because if you look at SteamCharts the numbers are in fact, substantially lower and closer to that 150-200 estimate that other people have said. Even if you use 60 as a sample size, and 500 unique people play MB2 in a month (I'm being extremely generous here), it's pretty much impossible to get that precise of a measurement.

SteamCharts uses Peak Concurrent Players and Average Concurrent Players. Remember the CONCURRENT part of that. That isn't UNIQUE players. Steamspy used to fully track this information but got really neutered with recent changes by valve and things like GDPR.

Here is steamspy before that: STAR WARS Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy -
July 14th 2017, Players in the last 2 weeks: 25,216 ± 4,618 (1.47%) <-------- roughly 20,000 unique players on steam within 2 weeks. So no, my number is NOT wrong.

Players in the last 2 weeks: 18,745 ± 3,929 (1.04%) <--- 2 months after that number..

Players in the last 2 weeks: 13,897 ± 3,600 (0.79%) <-- April 2018.

ffc82716074a6170f8599d4b0a1ad240.png
Here is the more in depth graph from beginning of april 2018. You can see it rising and falling with weekdays, weekends, and other factors. You can also see the minimum for the period was 6k players.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
and of top of this it's for Jedi Academy, not Movie Battles.

MB2 is a good chunk of JKA. Like I said earlier it is >50% for a good chunk of the day. Not the entire day and not always, but it is a good indicator.

Current JKA Player Count: 170
Current MB2 Player Count: 96 (Including tR servers which aren't counted on weblist)
Current MB2 percentage: 56.5% of JKA Players.

So, essentially divide JKA numbers by two, and youll get a much better estimate of the mb2 communities size than anything anyone else here has listed.

k4far

Banned
Donator
You link us to old statistics what are you expecting at this point. I am saying all this based on my weekly looks at Jacklul tracker and being somewhat active. Everyday I use to see the same people. Your community lives thanks to those 200, finito.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Jacklul tracker and being somewhat active.

I just mentioned how that tracker is inaccurate because it blocks tR and some other servers from being listed. A fact that was verified earlier by other people.

Basically, you're just guessing.

k4far

Banned
Donator
You are higher rank at guessing mace. This conversation is pointless you have no proof to back what you are saying. But to someone from outside my description will be more accurate.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You buckethead, how can statistics from year before be accurate today. Stop shitposting PuNk, take your pills.

The most recent statistic is 4.5 months old. There isn't any more recent statistics because valve removed the ability for third party sites like steamspy to track that information due to things like gdpr. I already mentioned this.

k4far

Banned
Donator
It takes months or even weeks to kill Star Wars universe, as proven with recent movies. Nothing you have here is even remotely accurate.

Jedi Academy statistics are not Movie Battles, get over it lol

It feels like I'm talking to a wall, except when I punch a wall it would actually hurt my hand wheres if I punched you it would feel very satisfying.

He posted the percentage that shows the estimate of mb2 popularity compared to Jedi Academy popularity overall. Read.

k4far

Banned
Donator
It feels like I'm talking to a wall, except when I punch a wall it would actually hurt my hand wheres if I punched you it would feel very satisfying.

He posted the percentage that shows the estimate of mb2 popularity compared to Jedi Academy popularity overall. Read.

Read yourself it's all baseless and far-fetched. The only reliable tracking source would be Jacklul and tR was on it until recently. Even if tR is blacklisted, whatever I am sure statistics for it are still being collected. Just ask LoU to publish montly statistics and let's have it over with. I saw tracking on old Movie Battles website I am not sure if that's the same api, probably not. Anyway. Nobody here wants to know original numbers because it wouldn't be a problem to get them

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I saw tracking on old Movie Battles website I am not sure if that's the same api, probably not.

Pretty sure that tracked concurrent players, not unique players.

Edit: Yep, just verified. It is concurrent players.
55ed5d1710a0056e9c06284cff2e9a90.png

Edit: also heres a fun one, here is the player count from July 2011
0a0f50bc869de6a8673aa571f0aa115c.png
so different from today huh?

Last edited:
A whole lotta sad happening. Again.

Whether devs like it or not, the n/a server was probably the most entertaining thing to happen to this game for years. While I was both shocked and sad to see it removed, I have to admit I have done nothing to try and reclaim it, other than vote. Why? Simple. The development of 1.5 was a work in progress for a long, LONG time. A big chunk of that time was spent by players giving consistent feedback by playing through the official servers, in hopes they could maybe shape 1.5 into something the community would enjoy, since 1.4 and previous patches were far from it. After the release of 1.5 however, we were met with a patch that was nothing like we'd expected—player feedback was most likely literally thrown down the drain, classic dotf never returned even though it was requested constantly by a large number of players (don't throw stats at me Mace, honestly you're just embarrassing yourself) and eventually even promised by the devs and overall, the devs had once more done the complete opposite of what the players desired. And while I understand that player wishes can't all be satisfied, simply none of them were.

So I'm sorry, but I will not waste my time rallying to bring back n/a, simply because I know there is nothing more futile than trying to get through to a MBII developer. You people go around waving your dicks in the air playing god, when you know very well that MBII, your creation through years of hard work, is nothing without its player base. So go ahead, keep doing whatever you want. All I'm saying is that the day MBII finally dies, will be a day you have brought upon yourselves.

P.S.
To the extended developing team: for the love of God, someone please tell Mace to stop talking. He makes you all look bad. Just give him another mediocre map to design, that should keep him occupied for a few years at least.

Sincerely, the 'minority'...

k4far

Banned
Donator
Mace you once said in the discord working on this game stops you from doing something to yourself. What are you going to do once nobody is left playing it. With all the jesus's efforts I am trying to get this game back on track after the Cat Lady and others gpt fuck out you are so stuck in the past, narrow minded, not eager to cooperate with people from outside. It's fucking tiring. I am done trying. I can't change you nor people like Lervish who assume others are some villains after hearing it. Good luck in your efforts, hope somebody can bear this nonsense.

Mace you once said in the discord working on this game stops you from doing something to yourself. What are you going to do once nobody is left playing it. With all the jesus's efforts I am trying to get this game back on track after the Cat Lady and others gpt fuck out you are so stuck in the past, narrow minded, not eager to cooperate with people from outside. It's fucking tiring. I am done trying. I can't change you nor people like Lervish who assume others are some villains after hearing it. Good luck in your efforts, hope somebody can bear this nonsense.
He already stated he's working on some last projects before he leaves for good. And he said that before you even got banned from the Discord.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I dont usually see eye to eye with mace but he has honestly brought nothing more but sensible answers and cold arguments to this thread. It is more like the most vocal yes voters are shooting all his arguments down with sheer stubborness of wanting to be right and in the defense of the ffa server.

About the ffa server, should it exist? Not sure honestly. Guess I should try it before fully forming my opinion. I just have bad taste left in my mouth from current lugor mod where everyone is given free lvl40 from the beginning making the whole mod a senseless ffa. I would not want to see mb2 suffer the same fate. But maybe it would be different with mb2 who knows but I am not too eager to find out who is right about it in such fragile and small community such as this. I also respect the devs choice to stick with what they think is right by their creation. The irony in this though is that I’ve heard some ppl blame mb2 for the death of jka multiplayer.

k4far

Banned
Donator
And before that Tylenol (before you joined xd) Mace said he's going to be second Plasma distance himself from community because "we need to do something about toxicity". I love how every attempt that has been made to help him out, reach a hand is forgotten that he still considers this "community" to be a problem of this game. Mace did not give a single sensible answer here if you follow what I said and how his stuff is irrelevant in today's light. It's in the people the problem of this game but I am not sure it's just the players. I was hoping for some great changes but a single developer who does not like changes is enough to leave this mod in usual dump. Attempt has been made, more than one person tried to support development team after leadership change. I am just sad this has been wasted. In the end, nothing has changed. Defiant is different but those who live up to old agenda still remain within development team making player - developer relations akward and bad. It won't change unless this gamr is open sourced and anyone can contribute. But that's their bargaining chip, saying this game will die without them. It allows them to continu3 this, do whatever they want. This is some higher politics going on in this mod likes of tylenol can't even follow when they just joined.

ozlZXcV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.