Pole on server side modifications

Do you think server side modifications should be allowed onto the master server list?

• Yes.

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Honest to goodness question - why not allow the ability to change the master server that the game routes to, on the client? Either officially sanctioned by the developers or put into a modified client by a third party person. Most servers in existence already post their status to master.jkhub.org, the official Ravensoft one, AND the MB2 one, so really all that someone needs to do is modify the UI to be able to switch what master server gets probed. We've already concluded a long time ago that the developers are going to aggressively remove whatever servers they don't like, whether that be ones that are rumored to dox people or ones that are modified. Or like they were talking about on Discord some time ago, they were wanting to de-list servers like tR Deffstar and AoD Pandemonium which ran certain maps 24/7. It makes no sense to petition the developers when this can already be solved without their intervention, to my knowledge.

Official versions of OpenJK have this ability (through a separate PK3), and other mods do it, so I don't see any reason why people can't just be like "fuck em, we'll make our own master server

Or you can just use the /connect command. Remember we took nothing down. Ultimately if it keeps being a problem there are stronger measures at our disposal. Ultimately though, I hear you. I pushed getting conquest and bop modes up the development priority for faster paced action. As far as hangout goes that's not part of our design, but you are welcome to admin your server how you like.

You can see what servers are on the JKHub Master Server here. The only ones I don't see on there are tR servers, but I'm not sure if that's either due to an old blacklisting

Criticises MB2 for removing servers from server list, admits JKHub server list removes servers too whilst suggesting its a better alternative. Seems legit.

Defiant to eezstreeteezstreet:Criticises MB2 for removing servers from server list, admits JKHub server list removes servers too whilst suggesting its a better alternative. Seems legit.

Me be like:Sounds like you are both equally cheap :)

k4far

Banned
Donator
At this point when this poll has 50 votes in favor I would just add bringing back this server todo list. Are we repeating meme drama, community wants something and will it be plain ignored again? Rules and commons aside, community obviously wants this. Change your stance towards this thing and just say it will take time everybody will understand. Do not set people against you it's retarded.

At this point when this poll has 50 votes in favor I would just add bringing back this server todo list. Are we repeating meme drama, community wants something and will it be plain ignored again? Rules and commons aside, community obviously wants this.
The n/a server is now down completely, the admin wouldn't pay for a server that ain't on the master list and I don't judge him. He did also leave n/a and MBII cause of this

And also what about the moded dev server with the 100mb points? What about the Droid attack on the wookies? What about the Jabba attack on the cookies?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Criticises MB2 for removing servers from server list, admits JKHub server list removes servers too whilst suggesting its a better alternative. Seems legit.
I just switched my master server from master.moviebattles.org to master.jkhub.org, and both tR servers are perfectly visible for me.
So I assume it's not jkhub who removes The Resistance from their list, it's somebody who hosts web-list jkhubservers.appspot.com. Doesn't that site have the same owner as mb2servers.appspot.com? Probably LoU, or Jack'lul?

ITT MBII team bans [tR]DeathStar, then blames jkhub for blacklisting DS.

3d9a322fe61f.png

f69cc8e32111.png

c4559f147b0f.png

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Or you can just use the /connect command. Remember we took nothing down. Ultimately if it keeps being a problem there are stronger measures at our disposal. Ultimately though, I hear you. I pushed getting conquest and bop modes up the development priority for faster paced action. As far as hangout goes that's not part of our design, but you are welcome to admin your server how you like.
"Stronger measures"?

That was rather mindless speculation on my part, thanks to @Caelum and @Puppytine for clearing that up.

I just switched my master server from master.moviebattles.org to master.jkhub.org, and both tR servers are perfectly visible for me.
So I assume it's not jkhub who removes The Resistance from their list, it's somebody who hosts web-list jkhubservers.appspot.com. Doesn't that site have the same owner as mb2servers.appspot.com? Probably LoU, or Jack'lul?

ITT MBII team bans [tR]DeathStar, then blames jkhub for blacklisting DS.
That...actually makes complete sense, I hadn't considered that the person who made that website modified the incoming list. But definitely possible.
Modifying the hosts file is definitely one good way to change your server list to be better, so thanks for the pictures.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I think it's retarded how for xth time they are about to ignore a poll with over 50 people voting supporting something. Please come at me with argument it's not big enough part of the community or other lame excuses. And you wonder why things are like this between players and developers.

I think it's retarded how for xth time they are about to ignore a poll with over 50 people voting supporting something. Please come at me with argument it's not big enough part of the community or other lame excuses. And you wonder why things are like this between players and developers.

I agree, this pole has 50 yes-es, a really big number for a community our size

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Check out how many votes we have had for meme section on the forum. It was ignored.
That's because all polls which results don't match developers' opinions are obviously rigged and represent "vocal minorities" only, not the whole community. Doesn't matter what numbers are, it can be 28 - 3, 77 - 5, 1024-8, whatever.

Please don't insinuate that developers ignore polls and don't listen the community, that would be rude and unfair; I'm sure Mace will appear in this thread soon and will tell us some of his great fucking stories about how many times MBII team made their the decisions basing on the feedback from users of these forums, the feedback from beta-testers and other players' opinions, proving all haters wrong.

That's because all polls which results don't match developers' opinions are obviously rigged and represent "vocal minorities" only, not the whole community. Doesn't matter what numbers are, it can be 28 - 3, 77 - 5, 1024-8, whatever.

Please don't insinuate that developers ignore polls and don't listen the community, that would be rude and unfair; I'm sure Mace will appear in this thread soon and will tell us some of his great fucking stories about how many times MBII team made their the decisions basing on the feedback from users of these forums, the feedback from beta-testers and other players' opinions, proving all haters wrong.

lol indeed XD I always have a laugh when devs and such from any community or game say this kind of things and prove themselves wrong on the first chance :)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
God you people need to take a stats course. Sorry, but 50 votes towards something isn't enough, and even on the projectile speeds thing we said as much. Most things need at least 500 people even interacting with a vote, and 1,000 people at minimum to be seriously considered. Those people also have to be randomly selected, not link spammed towards people who already agree with a topic.

And guess what, even though we as a team agreed with what happened to be the majority on projectile speeds, we were still attacked by people. No matter what we choose we will always be yelled at.

Last edited:
God you people need to take a stats course. Sorry, but 50 votes towards something isn't enough, and even on the projectile speeds thing we said as much. Most things need at least 500 people even interacting with a vote, and 1,000 people at minimum to be seriously considered. Those people also have to be randomly selected, not link spammed towards people who already agree with a topic.

And guess what, even though we as a team agreed with what happened to be the majority, we were still attacked by people. No matter what we choose we will always be yelled at.

This tame doesn't have an 1000 or even a 500 people community that is aware of the forum's existence or of what is happening between other people on the community. So, you tell us that all polls are not taken seriously?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This tame doesn't have an 1000 or even a 500 people community that is aware of the forum's existence or of what is happening between other people on the community. So, you tell us that all polls are not taken seriously?

And you know this how? Theres over 2,000 people on the MB2 discord. Pretty sure at least 80% of them know the forum exists and saw the poll being linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.