Making New Content is Pointless Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
This community has truly degenerated and been replaced. It's so fucking sad how the US side has shit the bed.

I've talked to people like this generation after generation and they all have the same attitude, opinion, demeanor, etc. This is literally a cult. It was much different before this 24/7 server thing became popular. People were more pleasant then.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
This community has truly degenerated and been replaced. It's so fucking sad how the US side has shit the bed.

I've talked to people like this generation after generation and they all have the same attitude, opinion, demeanor, etc. This is literally a cult.
Mate, see it from the outside perspective. Some of these servers have been running for years on the same settings, and you're coming along telling them that the way they play the game is shit and that you don't like it. Okay? Don't like it, don't play on those servers. There's plenty of other servers which don't run the same map 24/7, and some of them have been listed already in this thread. The idea was also proposed for you to bring your friends or chill out on another server to bring it to population. Instead, you're lashing out at people and calling them degenerates, saying the community has shit the bed, that they're a cult, etc. Yes, some people have been a bit rough to you, but understand that the community does not revolve around yourself; you are just one person in a community of hundreds.

No.

He should lead by example.Find a server with a map he likes. And stay there until somebody joins. Compliment them. Admire them. Treat them like the princesses of the world! Then carefully start manipulating them. Maybe add a few...inhibitors to their food & drink. Make them feel like they need you.
It takes time, but keep at it. Grow your flock.

Just remember. Keep it small and always remain in control. Don't let a single one getaway. All you need is one blabbing her mouth off to the cops and its over.

Case in point.
‘Smallville’ actress Allison Mack cuffed in upstate sex cult case

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
we have two choices:

1. Play deathstar on a crowded AOD server where there's 156 nades flying everwhere and 19 snipers, and you get banned for saying anything bad about AOD,
or
2. Play a unique map, on some server hosted by a guy whos halfway across the world and get 400 ping.
... or there is a third option:
3. Make your own server, and put whatever map you want.
Integrating RTV and making it mandatory.
Could you not?
This is just a horrible idea, I'm totally with Liniyka on this: 'nazi restrictions' is very accurate term to describe it.
You are supposed to liberate gameplay, not to introduce even more limit and regulations. I still wait for round time limits to be customizable by server owners, because that would be a right decision.
Enforcing even more restrictions for the server owners, and, in turn, for the players, would show MBII dev team as a bunch of selfish, power-hungry control freaks that doesn't care about needs and opinions except their own.
Why can't you just be normal?
whole region plays be dictated by a standardized and uniform server hosting tactic that automatically edges out all competition unfairly.
This extremely flawed point of view, that has nothing to do with reality.
There is no dictatorship right now: server owners can pick whatever map (or maps) they want, they can choice to use RTV or not to use it, they are free to activate any game mode: open, duel, FA. Players are free to join any server by their choice.
Freedom!

This is you who act like a dictator wannabe.
This is all simple: people around don't act the way you want it, so you are going to enforce them, to make them play by your rules. *This* is dictatorship.
whoever gains power and popularity initially gets to keep it forever and then dictate the terms and conditions to everyone else through coercion
Sooooooooo untrue, such a lie.
When you made your previous thread, about very same 'issue' (which isn't even an issue), there wasn't The Resistance at all, so you targeted on AoD, begging devs to remove their server from masterlist.
tR came outta nowhere, getting popularity pretty fast, successfully fighting against Angels of Death for a title of most played NA server.
How does this fit in with your statement that initial power cannot be lost?
And why don't you simply create your own server, doing business the way you think it should be, instead of trying to destroy something that have been build by other people?

@Iscandar , you spend thousands and thousands words in this holy war, you started a whole crusade against single-map servers, but in the end, when it's all said and done, all the smoke has cleared, it all came to a single point: you just don't like what majority chose to do, so you're trying to make everybody to do what you want.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Could you not?
This is just a horrible idea, I'm totally with Liniyka on this: 'nazi restrictions' is very accurate term to describe it.
You are supposed to liberate gameplay, not to introduce even more limit and regulations. I still wait for round time limits to be customizable by server owners, because that would be a right decision.
Enforcing even more restrictions for the server owners, and, in turn, for the players, would show MBII dev team as a bunch of selfish, power-hungry control freaks that doesn't care about needs and opinions except their own.
Why can't you just be normal?

So, this is all completely untrue. It would just be a transfer of a power away from the server owners to the community itself. If the community who plays on that server wants to constantly play DOTF they still can with the "Stay Here" button. The same freedoms are all there just who has the options is different. And apparently putting that power in the hands of more people makes us nazi dictators. You have completely turned it entirely into the choice of the community what is run and what is played at any given moment. And again, they could absolutely with this system stay on 24/7. BY VOTING FOR IT. I fail to see how this is a bad thing, and fail to see how its devs being power hungry control freaks.

Last edited:
stop being so overly dramatic, it tickles my cringe bone

@eezstreet I thought doomgiver is actually one of the better cmp maps, with quality on par with the official ones, what makes you dislike it?

The reason people play on tR's Deathstar server is because it's on a good map, has good ping, and doesn't interrupt the gameplay every 10 rounds with a map change. The map change one is most of the reason why I don't play on map rotation servers, 10 rounds is not enough to really start enjoying MB2 for me, I need to stick around for a bit more to really enjoy it. If map rotation servers upped their round limit I would join them more often, but that's just me.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
So, this is all completely untrue. It would just be a transfer of a power away from the server owners to the community itself. If the community who plays on that server wants to constantly play DOTF they still can with the "Stay Here" button. The same freedoms are all there just who has the options is different. And apparently putting that power in the hands of more people makes us nazi dictators. You have completely turned it entirely into the choice of the community what is run and what is played at any given moment. And again, they could absolutely with this system stay on 24/7. BY VOTING FOR IT. I fail to see how this is a bad thing, and fail to see how its devs being power hungry control freaks.
If the majority of NA people wanted to play on RTV, they would. As Motoko said, tR has a RTV server as well as a Deathstar server. Players always had the choice to go on RTV servers, they just don't. There was always that power for the players to use, they just don't use it, and instead complain on the forums about it. Taking away the ability for server hosts to pick their own maps on their servers is a net loss overall - assuming that it works of course (I suspect that all a server host would really need to do to get around this is to remove the maps that aren't mb2_dotf or mb2_deathstar). Plus what do you do in the case of scrimmage matches or clan events on specific maps?

stop being so overly dramatic, it tickles my cringe bone

@eezstreet I thought doomgiver is actually one of the better cmp maps, with quality on par with the official ones, what makes you dislike it?
Didn't realize that doomgiver was a CMP map, but that makes sense as I was lumping it in with the non-cmp ones lol
There's others that I'm sure I'm missing though, like yavin and honestly even commtower is not that great in terms of layout

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If the majority of NA people wanted to play on RTV, they would. As Motoko said, tR has a RTV server as well as a Deathstar server. Players always had the choice to go on RTV servers, they just don't. There was always that power for the players to use, they just don't use it, and instead complain on the forums about it. Taking away the ability for server hosts to pick their own maps on their servers is a net loss overall - assuming that it works of course (I suspect that all a server host would really need to do to get around this is to remove the maps that aren't mb2_dotf or mb2_deathstar). Plus what do you do in the case of scrimmage matches or clan events on specific maps

People follow players counts, not what has RTV vs what doesnt. We have so low players and those players at any given time dont have the patience to sit and fill a RTV server. It has been proven time and time again that once someone has the time and patience those RTV servers will get populated even more than the 24/7 servers. The problem is that these servers running 24/7 stuff are also some of the larger clans in MB2. Meaning even if their server dies they can repopulate it much faster by just grabbing say 3 people.

The server owner isn't going to lose control of /map commands for scrims or anything. And they can choose to remain on that map for how long the round/fraglimit is. My version anyway only appears when map switch is about to happen and you are in the intermission state.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Mandatory RTV on 24/7 Servers is just giving power to people running multiple game clients for game breaking and trolling. There are some of us just voting for disbalanced maps that don't have competitive aspect. I am not fond of maps like Aldeeran, Tantive IV...

Mustafar needs changes to be competitive, IT'S PRETTY TIGHT!

This community is extremely degenerated.

In the past people were smart enough to know how to download and install this mod without the need for a special installer, let alone a launcher that does even more of the work for you with updates.

People were smart enough to see that if a server was running a map they didn't have, to either go to the website of the server owners to download it so they could play, or ask the regulars on that server where they got the map next time.

People were smart enough to populate servers that hosted all sorts of content, and actively sought out servers that could give them more unique experiences rather than fewer. They weren't afraid to try new things and actively sought to expand their repertoire.

---

Many of the people playing this game today aren't anything like that. Nowadays, people either don't know how or don't care enough to download new maps, hence why the launcher comes loaded with both the CMP and UM. People actively will defend the insanity of playing the same 2-3 maps for nearly a decade at the expense of all other content in the entire game, and will go so far as to claim everything but the few maps they play are bad, garbage, unplayable, etc, despite past generations having absolutely no problems with these maps. New players will stick up any new content they see within the first few days of playing it and never touch it ever again.

I feel sorry for map makers like Mace, Plasma, and now the hopeful Langerd. This game truly does not deserve this shitty community that has formed around it.

k4far

Banned
Donator
This community is extremely degenerated.

4a0.png

"People like things I don't like, therefore they are degenerates!"

Another high IQ post from Iscandar.

dude you literally are supporting people playing one map for years and calling all the other maps garbage

you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to see how playing on one map for decades is not only dumb but bad for the health of the mod

k4far

Banned
Donator
dude you literally are supporting people playing one map for years and calling all the other maps garbage

you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to see how playing on one map for decades is not only dumb but bad for the health of the mod

Dude, you are literally repeating meaningless lines to fuel a shitstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.