Making New Content is Pointless Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to play on different maps, populate a server with those maps. It's not rocket science. Trying to force an entire community to play the game exactly how you want it to be played makes you sound like a spoiled little child. "Daddy, the mean men won't play the maps I want!!! ))))):"

I already said this, and you ignored it. I populate the 24/7 DS server a few times a week when it has 0 players in the morning, because I like to play there. What is stopping you from doing the same thing with RTV servers? Are you just spoiled, and lazy, and want the entire community to cater to your needs so that whenever you launch the game your preferred servers are ready and waiting?

Also, on a sidenote, don't bring politics up.
The problem with this sort of anarcho-capitalist philosophy is that while it seems like a promotion of freedom and democratic choice by limiting restriction as far as possible, it has the opposite effect. It creates a situation where whoever gains power and popularity initially gets to keep it forever and then dictate the terms and conditions to everyone else through coercion, since there are no rules against dirty hosting tactics and no checks and balances in place to ensure fair competition. Once they've gained a sufficient amount of popularity, they can no longer be competed against through normal means, as most competition will either be driven out or absorbed, and because of this they'll become the de-facto governors of the region."
You're obviously politically illiterate and this is certainly not helping your case.

If you want to play on different maps, populate a server with those maps. It's not rocket science. Trying to force an entire community to play the game exactly how you want it to be played makes you sound like a spoiled little child. "Daddy, the mean men won't play the maps I want!!! ))))):"
These 24/7 servers are not just a matter of preference but a literal breeding ground for a future degenerated community. It looks like I'm speaking to the problem itself.

New players will always play on the most populated servers, which have been for the past decade 24/7 servers, primarily due to being promoted by the biggest clans. Originally these clans gained their size before promoting this 24/7 thing, however, now that this tactic has become the most popular (and only viable) means of maintaining big population in the US, clans like TR have managed to piggyback off it with good success. The vast majority of "cool" new players who watched the trailers and reviews showing lots of cool stuff will get turned off by this insane one-map only cult and leave, and old veterans who can't convince these new players to go anywhere else despite years of trying will quit too. The only people that will be left are the ones who perpetuate the 24/7 servers (the clans) and the new players who don't care about variety or trying new things (the regressive ones), until eventually the community will turn to complete garbage and be a mockery of what it looked like years before.

You're obviously politically illiterate and this is certainly not helping your case.

Ow the edge.

Last edited:
Again, you avoided my question. Why don't you try populating RTV/Rotation servers yourself? I populate the servers that cater to the map selection I like, why can't you do the same?

We both know why you have refused to answer that for two posts straight now. It's because the answer is that you want servers with your preferred playing style to be ready for you to join any time you have the whim to play. You're a spoiled child.

Again, you avoided my question. Why don't you try populating RTV/Rotation servers yourself? I populate the servers that cater to the map selection I like, why can't you do the same?

We both know why you have refused to answer that for two posts straight now. It's because the answer is that you want servers with your preferred playing style to be ready for you to join any time you have the whim to play. You're a spoiled child.

If you've been reading my posts I've been literally doing that for years. I've got years of experience dealing with this problem. You're just responding to what you want to think I'm saying rather than paying attention to what I'm actually saying.

If you've been reading my posts I've been literally doing that for years. I've got years of experience dealing with this problem. You're just responding to what you want to think I'm saying rather than paying attention to what I'm actually saying.
You've been doing that for years? Interesting. If you actually had been doing this for years, then you would know that tR's RTV server was populated every day for the better part of the last year, up until a couple of months ago. And you would also know that AoD's New Player Haven, which is rotation, gets populated almost daily. MAF's server, which is rotation, still gets populated a few times a week, and [tR]FA does as well, which is Full Authentic, but also has an RTV function.

So, either you are full of shit, and haven't actually been trying this (because if you really had been trying this you would realize there are plenty of RTV enabled servers that get populated), or it's like I said, you are a spoiled little child and want your preferred type of server to be populated 24/7 without doing anything for the population yourself.

You've been doing that for years? Interesting. If you actually had been, then you would know tR's RTV server was populated every day for the better part of the last year, up until a couple of months ago. And you would also know that AoD's New Player Haven, which is rotation, gets populated almost daily. MAF's server, which is rotation, still gets populated a few times a week, and [tR]FA does as well, which is Full Authentic, and also has an RTV function.

So, either you are full of shit, and haven't actually been trying this (because if you really had been trying this you would realize there are plenty of RTV enabled servers that get populated), or it's like I said, you are a spoiled little child and want your preferred type of server to be populated 24/7 without doing anything for the population yourself.

I quit playing this game for 3-4 years because I was tired of this shit going on then, despite being part of clans against it, despite using xfire (an ancient tool now that we have steam for this) to call friends into servers, despite working with multiple clans to play at the same times daily, despite helping out on map and FA projects, etc etc etc. What's worse even then is that I quit for years before THAT because of the same problem going on even then.

I've literally been going through the same nightmare in this game for the last 8 years. This game has become an absolute shithole in the US, and the only people left are people like you to argue with, the same monolithic 24/7 servers, and some old developers who are either don't care or are too afraid of doing anything.

Go on populated 24/7 server. Ask everyone "anyone want to go to a rotation server?". Go to rotation server. Profit.

Good meme, Tempest. It doesn't work like that.

Your tune was way different about this issue when you weren't a member of AOD. You're a testament to my statement that these clans hosting 24/7 servers drive away all the cool clans and absorb what's left of them.

Again, you refuse to say why you don't simply populate the servers you prefer playing on. What is stopping you? Early this morning Deathstar was empty. I joined BG, and asked if any NA players wanted to come play. 20 minutes later we had a decent 7 vs 7 going. It's not rocket science. Like I have said multiple times, you are just a spoiled child who wants every server to be forced into your preferred style, so you can launch your game on a whim and play whenever you want. You are selfish and spoiled, and trying to make the community suffer as a result. Kindly fuck off.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Good meme, Tempest. It doesn't work like that.
People do it and it works so idk why you think it doesn't.

Your tune was way different about this issue when you weren't a member of AOD. You're a testament to my statement that these clans hosting 24/7 servers drive away all the cool clans and absorb what's left of them.
I've never had the frame of mind that map rotations should be forced. Always been in the same line of thinking that it's on the players to get population on non-24/7 servers if they want to play on them. I used to AFK on servers and wait for people to come just for that.

It's not that easy. You're being very glib. There's a cyclical problem that happens when new players only play on one-map for weeks to months that selects out the new players who like diverse content by making them quit, and at the same time keeps the new players that can somehow stomach doing the same map 24/7. You can't fill up a server or keep its population half as easily because the 24/7 server tactic breeds generations of new players who won't play on anything else regardless of how many shiny things you dangle in their face.

It's also very telling that TR didn't used to be anything of particular importance, but meteorically rose in popularity by copying AOD's 24/7 server tactic. Compare this to other clans like EW and Divine which always had to struggle to keep their populations, despite having more active members online at all times populating their own servers.
NAHH bruh we are popular not cause we copy aod but because we are completley opisite of aod. people play on tr because they like the freedom and also i was in divine and we have way moar active members than divine get ur facts straight m8

Tempest, if populating rotation servers were so simple, then all the fully rotation based clans that you used to play with wouldn't be dead and would be sitting pretty just like AOD and TR do right now. It wasn't due to lack of size that they've fallen to the wayside, but lack of interest stemming from the sheer pain and difficulty of trying to follow your advice. They tried, VERY hard, and still didn't succeed. The members of these clans would rather play other games than sit through the shit that I'm getting now, and I really don't blame them.

NAHH bruh we are popular not cause we copy aod but because we are completley opisite of aod. people play on tr because they like the freedom and also i was in divine and we have way moar active members than divine get ur facts straight m8

>Plays on one map 24/7
>Is the opposite of AOD

woa mate

Again, you refuse to answer why you don't populate the servers you like to play. You are too lazy to do it yourself, so you want it to be forced by the devs. You have stuck your head in the sand for a few posts in a row now. Why don't you just own up to it and admit that you are trying to force a community wide change so you are able to play the way you want to with the minimal amount of effort required from your end? If you weren't being so disingenuous people might be more encouraged to have a constructive conversation with you.

Last edited:
Again, you refuse to answer why you don't populate the servers you likess to play. You are too lazy to do it yourself, so you want it to be forced by the devs. You have stuck your head in the sand posts in a row now. Why don't you just own up to it and admit that you are trying to force a community wide change so you are able to play the way you want to with the minimal amount of effort required from your end? If you weren't being so disingenuous people might be more encouraged to have a constructive conversation with you.

You're browbeating me into admitting something that's not only false but that I've explained so many times already. If the first and second explanations weren't good enough, then a third isn't going to do you any good.

Your explanation is "but it doesn't work when I try to populate empty servers" when I, and others in this thread, are telling you that it does work. Your only argument about why it does not work is "it doesn't work fast enough". So, like I have said many times, you are just a spoiled little child who wants to force an entire community to change so that your whims can be catered to, instead of acting like a big boy and being patient enough to wait a few minutes for people to come play on the server you are waiting on.

I can see why the developers are afraid of doing anything. A person like me will probably just leave again without too much noise, but if the developers did anything to upset people like you they'd never hear the end of it.

You posted a thread with a paragraph for an OP, and have posted plenty of times since then with entire paragraphs. And, if I'm not mistaken, this is not the first time you've posted a thread with a similar topic. But, I'm the one who would make the developers "never hear the end of it". Pretty sweet projection there, friend.

At least you stopped trying to argue the fact that you are a spoiled child who wants everyone to cater to his special little needs. Acceptance is the first step to change, you know.

A person like me will probably just leave again without too much noise
Good riddance.

Last edited:
Iscandar, allow me to translate what you just said.

"Oh no, People don't like my opinion/idea! Well, It just HAS TO BE the PEOPLES fault! not mine! It's time to compare myself to the people who actually do shit and sympathize with them, and point out the fact that i'm ' ' just another person ' ' "

Buddy we don't dislike you. We just dislike your idea, your attitude, and your inability to actively say something that doesn't sound like a dictators idea.

Next we'll be changing the default "Padawan" to "Comrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.