[Guide] The Dueling Compendium

Here's a picture showing approximations of where you should aim to block the different attacks. I hope it helps. As always keep in mind your distance. When you're futher away, less mouse movement is needed. When you're close up, you need more drastic mouse movements.

sEjsfza.jpg
eb8cbd2fbced01f7bcdf664dff4467fd.jpg

Updated

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Thank you.
I was never a great duelist, but I get executed to fast now.
Time to learn/relearn some things.

You're welcome. I hope the guide helps. Let me know if there are things you are unclear about.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Thank you SeV. Should attacks be done while walking (holding shift) or is holding block enough to get the no-run bonus for BP drain?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Thank you SeV. Should attacks be done while walking (holding shift) or is holding block enough to get the no-run bonus for BP drain?

Swingblocking is enough. Holding walk and not swingblocking increases the damage of your swings from 1.0x to 1.1x so you can use that when doing 4 hit combos, but in general it's good practice to rely mostly on swingblocking for single and dual hits. Although it's also perfecrly fine to hold walk for most of your attacks, but it makes footwork harder cuz it slows you down further.

For defense it's best to not hold walk, so that it is easier to take distance to make it easier to PB.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Thank you for the advice, Master SeV.

Edit: Actually, then would you keep it on "always run" or "walk" with shift to run?

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Thank you for the advice, Master SeV.

Edit: Actually, then would you keep it on always run or walk with shift to run?

I know some people changed walking to default for some reason, but that is quite bad. You should always be as fast as possible. Movement and distancing is important for defending and chasing down opponents, so definitely have it run by default and just hold shift to walk when you attack.

Hello there dear sir SeV. You said "Very few people in MBII history has truly mastered the use of red style ". Can i learn some of the masters names please :3

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hello there dear sir SeV. You said "Very few people in MBII history has truly mastered the use of red style ". Can i learn some of the masters names please :3
Myself to a certain extent, but I was thinking specifically of Agent008. Right now there's probably also 1 or 2 Americans(Eu is yellow only land, lol) that are pretty good with the style, but nothing I've seen over the years compares to agent back in the day. Also, current red is not optimal for stand-alone play. It needs nudge or something else, otherwise it can be parried endlessly with a really simple strategy.

Myself to a certain extent, but I was thinking specifically of Agent008. Right now there's probably also 1 or 2 Americans(Eu is yellow only land, lol) that are pretty good with the style, but nothing I've seen over the years compares to agent back in the day. Also, current red is not optimal for stand-alone play. It needs nudge or something else, otherwise it can be parried endlessly with a really simple strategy.

Ahh good ol Agent008 - loved duelling with him and losing even tho i was pretty good at duelling. He actually told me why he was good at it, i believe it was plain abusing certain animations and timings that caused him to wreck me + good aim (for mblock n other stuff). He was also good at MBlocking which i sucked at, so that was also an advantage.

I believe it was: Diagonal Attack: S+A (Backwards + Left), which caused the lightsaber to travel from the Bottom Right to the Top Left + Horizontal Attack: D(Right) which caused the direction to change inbetween the animation to the right. What was cool about it is that it was difficult to manual block and the attack speed of the diagonal attack was pretty fast, especially if you do it twice and then spam the horizontal attack.
You could pull this off with the opposite direction or any combination like a downwards strike.

Actually one of the reasons I got good at pubstomping with a lightsaber was because of those certain things that caused you to deplete or bypass blocks.

I still think B14 had the best duelling mechanics ( :p ). Instant rando bypass through a block + death. If you're lucky you survive with low health. I think this is where I managed to figure out certain animations caused weird stuff to happen like the instant bypass. However what i really loved about B14-15 was the fact that acrobatics actually helped you a lot (like JKA) which i loved. Now it's just RMB + JUMP, you never JUMP + TIMED ATTACK or do a BACKFLIP + ATTACK, WALLRUN + ATTACK etc.... Unless you're facing a non-jedi/sith. And also the aggression if you would use Yellow and spam certain directions. It was basically a tug-war.

Last edited:
pro dueling tip:

if you and your opponent both bow to each other at face-hug range (on a duel server), you can pull your fists out and kata him as the duel loads in.

for eg. if there's a cliff behind your opponent you front kata him and say gf
but if there's no cliff, you ought to back-kata him and immediely pull your saber out to overhand-swing, and then say gf

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Just PB and combo counter with red this patch and you will be playing its meta.

Since you've got one more hit, you can open on them as yellow and still parry all or dodge away before he can counter. Red has got nothing unless you're noob enough to stay close as he counters. Just run up and 4 hit and run away. This simple 'strat' does away with anyone pretending to be a red master as they just stand there and try to pb counter. Real red masters should use acrobatics, clipped animations, mblock animations etc. Counter-bots are only good against mid-tier and below imo.