1.6 Feedback

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I've only played legends at the moment and I love it. FA with consistent characters across maps is a great idea.

R2D2 feedback specifically since I've been playing it loads:
- Remove the ability to melee (Replace it with a stunbaton shock or an e-11 rank 1).
- Give it flamethrower, weapon swap will allow it to toggle with wrist laser for burst with e-11 rank 1.
- Give it Knockdown immunity, with with a slowed movement effect instead (or an animation for knockdown).
- Make jetpack fx play on every jump, and allow this to negate fall damage if used mid air (or remove fall damage).

Sniper Rifles:
- Low body shot damage is good.... BUT!
- Headshots should one hit kill regardlress, increase headshot modifier!

I'll have more feedback later as I haven't played much yet.

Edit: Merry Xmas

Last edited:

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
#REMOVEDODGE! Looks like nex and sev would like to dictate gameplay stuff because they are veterans, epic.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I liked flinch more than knockback.

Knockback is a really old feature that was in for the majority of the years MB2 has been around. This brings it back because of flinch not really working properly. However, we didn't quite get the values right and found a bug in it as well. Will be updated and fixed in the upcoming patch. Possibly expect even more refinements after.

Besides the loading screen fonts (It's atrocious)

Are you aware of this part of the changelog? There is a bug with the widescreen fonts cvar and the loading screen fonts. Widescreen cvar will likely be removed when all the UI work completes.

New / Change: Loading screen team descriptions can be placed within the siege file. Modifiers for description text scale and position on the loading screen are also available. See Wikifor more info.
  • Note: Font currently looks wonky and can be unreadable with Widescreen UI active. Widescreen UI will eventually be removed when all UI updates are finished as everything will be setup to match 16:9 format. For now, if this bothers you just disable the option. However it will mean HUD and other things are stretched for the time being.

also a side note; the order of saved class configs seems to have changed since I swear my Pistol 3 and DLT 2 BH builds have swapped places and I keep missclicking them (They are called ammo 3 and ammo 2 respectively) xd

This is a bug we were unable to fix in time. We did identify it but it was not a show-stopper.

Preston

Nerd
I'm just gonna put my quick EE3 thought here, please don't make it where there's a scope delay for EE3 like proj. Quick scoping is by far the most unique reason for using this weapon. Mando would be incredibly boring without it.

Rebels in Legends extremly weak and boring compared to imps.

Finn has cortosis, heal 3, a lightsaber, and p3 blaster-rifle lvl3 (some kinda clone gun???)*

3 life ewoks with altfrag, and boom-boom stick.

Nuff said.

- The sniper nerf (proj) is fine and doesn't even change anything most of the time (since 100/100 classes would survive a snipe like 90% of time already). If anything maybe the FP damage should've been kept as it was - because I'm under the impression it had been reduced?

Apparently fp drain is tied to weapon damage, so nerfing weapon dmg directly nerfs a weapon's fp drains. Personally, I'd like proj fp drains to stay higher, but at the same time I like charged westar's fp drains being higher.

So if the fp-drain and weapon dmg dynamic is removed uniformly (which I've heard devs might do), I hope they buff charged shots so their drains weren't nerfed as a result.

- The Sith being able to pickup weapons is probably a bug but to be honest, I wouldn't mind if it was kept and replicated to Jedi as well. All things considered, with the weapons being only level 1 and having a clip of ammo (save for proj/plx) it doesn't feel massively overpowered and You still have to pull someone so there's that.

The meta in !spin last I remember was jedi with mind trick, sense, and push or pull. Incredibly OP since landing a gun means you're playing a Shooter with wall-hack, invisibility, and fucking Force Push. Please god no.

Last edited:
Gunner v. Jedi gameplay feels kinda bad right now. They can just facetank your shots and kill you anyway while taking pretty much trivial damage and that's assuming they don't try to swingblock and then rotate around you while still facehugging. I literally didn't notice knockback being a thing at all, even at point blank. I prefer flinch to this.

First tutorial initiating loading segfaults openjk here consistently so I cannot play it. How do I pass past that one via file editing to see if the others do, too?

Details on the segfault:

0xcbb5adf3 in vmMain () from /pathtomy/openjk/MBII/jampgamei386.so
(gdb) backtrace
#0 0xcbb5adf3 in vmMain () from /pathtomy/openjk/MBII/jampgamei386.so
#1 0x08088415 in VM_Call(vm_s*, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int) ()
#2 0x080c2e7c in GVM_BotAIStartFrame(int) ()
#3 0x080b90c6 in SV_Frame(int) ()
#4 0x0805f2ce in Com_Frame() ()
#5 0x0804c6dd in main ()

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
First tutorial initiating loading segfaults openjk here consistently so I cannot play it. How do I pass past that one via file editing to see if the others do, too?

Details on the segfault:

0xcbb5adf3 in vmMain () from /pathtomy/openjk/MBII/jampgamei386.so
(gdb) backtrace
#0 0xcbb5adf3 in vmMain () from /pathtomy/openjk/MBII/jampgamei386.so
#1 0x08088415 in VM_Call(vm_s*, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int) ()
#2 0x080c2e7c in GVM_BotAIStartFrame(int) ()
#3 0x080b90c6 in SV_Frame(int) ()
#4 0x0805f2ce in Com_Frame() ()
#5 0x0804c6dd in main ()
You're running on Linux and trying to load the server component with OpenJK (this is what happens when the client game self-hosts a map). You must manually replace jampgamei386.so with jampgamei386.nopp.so (nopp = no proxy patch, something not needed with OpenJK and causes issues for it).

You're running on Linux and trying to load the server component with OpenJK (this is what happens when the client game self-hosts a map). You must manually replace jampgamei386.so with jampgamei386.nopp.so (nopp = no proxy patch, something not needed with OpenJK and causes issues for it).
Of course, silly me!
No, really how was one supposed to know that? Thanks!
Unfortunately when I finished the first map it quit like this:

DOUBLE SIGNAL FAULT: Received signal 6, exiting...

Returncode was 2

Does not matter, though. Next level is then accessable. Think it is the usual "mapchange crash".
Hmm, nah tutorial 2 will not register as finished.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Of course, silly me!

We've had it in the patch notes for the last little bit at the very bottom where the files and manual download link is listed, though looks like we forgot to add it to 1.6's patch notes.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Of course, silly me!
No need to get testy about it. Linux clients aren't really supported, and all existing server hosts are already aware of this step, so it's not a major concern.

We've had it in the patch notes for the last little bit at the very bottom where the files and manual download link is listed, though looks like we forgot to add it to 1.6's patch notes.
I've added a note to the download page so the information is always there.

The aiming fixes feel really good but some of the new content (tutorials) is in desperate need of hotfixes. There should be a standard bind layout so newbies going through the tutorial don't have to use the jank default binds.