1.6 Feedback

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I've only played legends at the moment and I love it. FA with consistent characters across maps is a great idea.

R2D2 feedback specifically since I've been playing it loads:
- Remove the ability to melee (Replace it with a stunbaton shock or an e-11 rank 1).
- Give it flamethrower, weapon swap will allow it to toggle with wrist laser for burst with e-11 rank 1.
- Give it Knockdown immunity, with with a slowed movement effect instead (or an animation for knockdown).
- Make jetpack fx play on every jump, and allow this to negate fall damage if used mid air (or remove fall damage).

Sniper Rifles:
- Low body shot damage is good.... BUT!
- Headshots should one hit kill regardlress, increase headshot modifier!

I'll have more feedback later as I haven't played much yet.

Edit: Merry Xmas

Last edited:

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
What doesn't die from headshot proj?

Proj isn't the only sniper rifle, there is also EE3. At the moment you are wasting ammo using the sniper mode instead of just doubletapping someone with the primary fire. Sniper weapons are a niche that should be catered to by allowing people who can consistently headshot the benefit of sniping. Removing the body shots as it was easier to aim at the body than the head is an excellent change though.

Yeah EE-3 sniper does feel a bit too weak - increasing headshot damage would probably be better than increasing the base damage back to closer than what it was. I disagree that EE-3 headshot should be able to kill the stuff that proj can - maybe just leaving your enemy very low would be better because it is half the point cost

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I disagree - if you are sniping and score a headshot, you deserve that kill. By limiting the kill potential of sniper mode to headshots you are already limiting it to a higher skillcap, which is good because you limit the sniper dominated gameplay BUT you don't punish people who are actually good at sniping.

With the half the point cost but you could argue the same about proj, as you can weapon swap to E-11 but you still have a full clip on that weapon instead of half to follow up the kill with (and all the reserve ammo benefits). I mean if I could switch from EE3 to e-11 after the snipe, I would just for walk accuracy.

I think that EE-3 sniper headshot should still do less than proj, making the headshot kill pretty much any class could make it even better than before the nerf.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
  • Change: Projectile Rifle
    • Base damage reduced from 150 to 100.
  • Change: EE3
    • Sniper base damage reduced from 100 to 60.
    • Ammo drain for sniper shots reduced from 35 to 26 (allows for 3 shots instead of 2).

Changelog in 2028:
  • Projectile Rifle: base damage reduced from 100 to 1.
  • EE-3: Sniper base damage reduced from 60 to 1

Changelog in 2031:
  • Projectile Rifle - Removed
  • EE-3 - Removed
Changelog in 2042:
  • Hero - Removed
  • BH - Removed
  • Mando - Removed

They just killed two (possibly 3) classes with highest skill ceiling in the game, very well done. Mando has officialy became the most garbage class in the game. Every troll and noob is in ecstasy and feels out of body joy experience at the moment thanks to this great decision. They can now run around in the open spraying their hitscan blasters and not worry to get one shot killed. Peeking out and 1 snipe shootings to take enemy down is gone forever. No reward granted for being a good aimer anymore. I believe it's time to fully abuse T-21/dodge ET now. No other choice. Play everything you're good at untill it's taken away by one or two devs and cry spam on forums by 1 day noobs. And then when next thing you switch to gets nerfed too you will see the game is left with nothing in the end.
I'm glad ruptor lvl 1 haven't been touched yet, but that's probably only because they haven't seen Arko using it. Also thanks for not increasing overall projectile speed by additional 300%., devs. Oh and good job at not fixing Deka roll bug for like idk, 5 years?

I really appreciate the effort they put into bringing more content and stuff but the general gameplay decisions are just horrible, to say the least. Most fun aspect of the game is being destroyed infront of our eyes. It's 4th time they nerfed Proj rifle I think. What was wrong about it? Little kids can't take one snipe each time they are not smart enough and stand out in the open? They are so stupid they fail to fix their mistakes so they go cry on forums instead? Somehow no vet player (at least I didn't hear of any) ever complained about sniper rifles being op'd. Not a single one. Why not you would ask? Because they have actually put some time and learned how to avoid it. They know where and when to expect it. They didn't go on forums asking to nerf it, they LEARNED on their OWN. Apparently some newbies are just too lazy and prefer to force devs in re-making the game to suit their needs instead trying to adapt. Sad times when everything around you gets noobified. I'm okay with making the game newbie-friendly just not retard-friendly.
Proj nerf aside (stupid as it is) it's nothing compared to EE-3 nerf. This is just hilarious, you can't kill ANY class even when you hs them (except of sold), lmao. Like, really? What for is this snipe mode now then? There's no point getting EE-3 lvl 3 any longer. Mando made huge difference on the battlefield if it was in a good hands, you could insta push rebs away by pressuring them hard if you aimed well, they respected it and retreated, forced into rethinking their strategy rather than silly +W rush at you. Now they gonna tank the "very dangerous" 60 base dmg on the chest, laugh at you on the way and spraying their hitscan guns at the same time, where two random blasts can easily deal far more than 60 dmg of my EE-3 snipe. Completely ridiculous.

Change: Mandalorian Wrist Laser
  • Muzzlepoint standardized according to other guns but on the left side, instead of being tied to the hand position, and bolt trajectory made parallel to camera aim for better consistency instead of going to the center of the dynamic crosshair. This will be slightly inaccurate to the player's crosshair (slightly to its left), unless in melee because the crosshair positioning was adjusted in melee-only, specifically to cater to this wrist laser change.

This is second the worst change of this update. And I'm not talking about wrist laser specifically, it affects every weapon. All guns in the game were generally centered, now it feels as if you are aiming from over your right shoulder or something in 3rd person, it's really strange, at least to me. If you are to make such change you need to make sure it's at least optional and people can turn it on or off. It's extra difficult when using EE-3 primary mode, as you have to take two corrections under consideration when shooting now, the basic spread and the "right side" muzzle point. I really wish guns were centered back, this is awfulfy bad.

Karus

Donator
Things I've found so far:
  • Can't back out to Main Menu after joining a server - simply reconnects you.
  • Falling off the map in duel_dotf whilst in a private duel sometimes causes server to crash.
  • Server crashes after round ends on duel servers (like 50% of the time).
  • Joinbug also still occurs. Not sure how or why, but I couldn't spawn despite being joined onto a team, clearly having lives, applying my class config many times. Saw that a few noobs had the same issue. This was on a duel server.
Not sure if this would be considered a bug, but:
  • You can end private duel just before running out of BP/before you die. Kinda bs. Maybe change this so you can only end private duel on 50+ BP, but I can see how this could cause further problems, so idk.
Also, Merry Christmas!
🎄🎅

Changelog in 2028:

Changelog in 2031:
  • EE-3 - Removed
Changelog in 2042:
  • Hero - Removed
  • BH - Removed
  • Mando - Removed

They just killed two (possibly 3) classes with highest skill ceiling in the game, very well done. Mando has officialy became the most garbage class in the game. Every troll and noob is in ecstasy and feels out of body joy experience at the moment thanks to this great decision. They can now run around in the open spraying their hitscan blasters and not worry to get one shot killed. Peeking out and 1 snipe shootings to take enemy down is gone forever. No reward granted for being a good aimer anymore. I believe it's time to fully abuse T-21/dodge ET now. No other choice. Play everything you're good at untill it's taken away by one or two devs and cry spam on forums by 1 day noobs. And then when next thing you switch to gets nerfed too you will see the game is left with nothing in the end.
I'm glad ruptor lvl 1 haven't been touched yet, but that's probably only because they haven't seen Arko using it. Also thanks for not increasing overall projectile speed by additional 300%., devs. Oh and good job at not fixing Deka roll bug for like idk, 5 years?

I really appreciate the effort they put into bringing more content and stuff but the general gameplay decisions are just horrible, to say the least. Most fun aspect of the game is being destroyed infront of our eyes. It's 4th time they nerfed Proj rifle I think. What was wrong about it? Little kids can't take one snipe each time they are not smart enough and stand out in the open? They are so stupid they fail to fix their mistakes so they go cry on forums instead? Somehow no vet player (at least I didn't hear of any) ever complained about sniper rifles being op'd. Not a single one. Why not you would ask? Because they have actually put some time and learned how to avoid it. They know where and when to expect it. They didn't go on forums asking to nerf it, they LEARNED on their OWN. Apparently some newbies are just too lazy and prefer to force devs in re-making the game to suit their needs instead trying to adapt. Sad times when everything around you gets noobified. I'm okay with making the game newbie-friendly just not retard-friendly.
Proj nerf aside (stupid as it is) it's nothing compared to EE-3 nerf. This is just hilarious, you can't kill ANY class even when you hs them (except of sold), lmao. Like, really? What for is this snipe mode now then? There's no point getting EE-3 lvl 3 any longer. Mando made huge difference on the battlefield if it was in a good hands, you could insta push rebs away by pressuring them hard if you aimed well, they respected it and retreated, forced into rethinking their strategy rather than silly +W rush at you. Now they gonna tank the "very dangerous" 60 base dmg on the chest, laugh at you on the way and spraying their hitscan guns at the same time, where two random blasts can easily deal far more than 60 dmg of my EE-3 snipe. Completely ridiculous.

This is second the worst change of this update. And I'm not talking about wrist laser specifically, it affects every weapon. All guns in the game were generally centered, now it feels as if you are aiming from over your right shoulder or something in 3rd person, it's really strange, at least to me. If you are to make such change you need to make sure it's at least optional and people can turn it on or off. It's extra difficult when using EE-3 primary mode, as you have to take two corrections under consideration when shooting now, the basic spread and the "right side" muzzle point. I really wish guns were centered back, this is awfulfy bad.
As a member of the beta team, I think it'd be wise if we got a few more open players on the team.

If you feel so passionately about the game, apply to the Internal Beta Team and turn up to tests. Your feedback alone could have stopped such a change taking place.

Even though there are a lot of testers in the team, I'm not sure of there being many open players on the team as far as EU goes at least.

Sadly, with the current numbers/activity we have, we can't pick up all the bugs/imbalances.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Changelog in 2028:

Changelog in 2031:
  • EE-3 - Removed
Changelog in 2042:
  • Hero - Removed
  • BH - Removed
  • Mando - Removed

Agree, but what can you do when the devs think they know better than you and hex about open mode and better than me about dueling? Another example of skill ceiling crushing is the removal of stagger on the kick. To me it just seems like another random, frivolous change made by noobs.
I know most people don't know that you can just crouch to avoid it AND that the extra slap dmg penalty applies to it, thus providing plenty of punishment for someone missing a kick (longer cooldown, exposed back, takes 1.2x damage from at least 1 swing after missing it). This kick was useful in open mode most of all vs opponent saberists that block openings and prevent you from advancing.

When it comes to proj and snipers in general, I miss shotgun proj. Sure, it was a bit cheesy, but it felt nice to hit a shotgun instagib and there's nothing wrong with that being a threat since it takes skill. I've never understood the obsession with nerfing snipers as they are one of the only fun skilled things u can do in open these days.

Anyway. I like the back-end upgrades and I think that it's a step in the right direction. I still don't understand why there is no command cvar to set FA time limit to 30-60 minutes. Giving FA a big time limit will allow ppl to make custom roleplaying servers more easily. It's not nice to RP on a 5 min time limit and at this point, it's just cruel sadism against roleplayers to not give them a time limit cmd. That's all u need to do, they will make custom FA for their clan.

One of the biggest positives for me is the private duels feature. It's finally here after such a long time. Now that you've done the big update in time for the new shitty disney movie, can you please go back and fix dueling and open mode gameplay? Run tempest and stassins sabering work through open betas and perhaps invite nex and hex and other good open mode gunners to a few conversations about how to make open great again.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this but as Hex said, Legends is great! Also, I hope the new progressive siege will see some creative use in teh future as well. I appreciate all the work the devs have put in so far and I hope that we can look forward to a bright future for MBII (even though it sometime doesn't feel like it), but there are still a lot of ppl who enjoy the game, so, there is hope yet. I've only just glanced at the sith models for duel mode yesterday, but I saw that darth sion was there so maybe there is hope we won't be too flooded with disgusting disney shit in the future.

Last edited:
Yeah having more veteran voices on the beta team would be great - most of us (me included) don't have the perspective of all the different versions and aspects of gameplay and it would be great to hear more opinions

If you feel so passionately about the game, apply to the Internal Beta Team and turn up to tests. Your feedback alone could have stopped such a change taking place.

Sure I will apply so my post gets ignored like the last one I did on official open server admin. Not even a simple "no" as an asnwer.

Alright, I've never been active on the forum since I started playing the game, but I can say I'm one of the most active player in game.
It warms my heart to finally see a true skilled open player talking about this( Nex ), and not some poor open players that can't even aim.

Change: Projectile Rifle Base damage reduced from 150 to 100.
Change: EE3 Sniper base damage reduced from 100 to 60.

Are you fucking kidding me? Who the hell in the dev team had that poor idea?
I understand balancing the game can be tricky, but I believe literally killing 3 classes for that is the worst idea, I don't know what kind of open players are on the beta team, but if no one argued against this poor decision I believe there are only low skilled players ( beside Fridge )
Don't even know what to say without being mean, I hope the devs think about this shit and talk with true 'skilled' open players and not some crybabies that can't aim.

Alright, I've never been active on the forum since I started playing the game, but I can say I'm one of the most active player in game.
It warms my heart to finally see a true skilled open player talking about this( Nex ), and not some poor open players that can't even aim.

Change: Projectile Rifle Base damage reduced from 150 to 100.
Change: EE3 Sniper base damage reduced from 100 to 60.

Are you fucking kidding me? Who the hell in the dev team had that poor idea?
I understand balancing the game can be tricky, but I believe literally killing 3 classes for that is the worst idea, I don't know what kind of open players are on the beta team, but if no one argued against this poor decision I believe there are only low skilled players ( beside Fridge )
Don't even know what to say without being mean, I hope the devs think about this shit and talk with true 'skilled' open players and not some crybabies that can't aim.
You can't sit here and complain, as much as I agree with you, unless you yourself join the beta team (and anyone else with the same line of thinking)

Preston

Nerd
I honestly like the Sniper nerf for the most part, and I usually am a sniper main. Head shots still instakill most things and if you can aim, you can still instakill. I've been doing it fine for the most part over the past day or two.

I do agree with Hex though that the HS multiplier could use a little increase, at least for EE3. I think mando is actually more fun now with the wrist blaster changes and 3 snipes per clip. However I am not a fan of the new Wrist blaster not shooting straight where you aim, I have no idea why that was changed, besides that I enjoy most of the changes/additions.

I do think (and I've talked with Tempest a little about this) that the removal of flinch is great and knockback is much better, however I think knock back needs to be amped up a decent amount, as well as the distance when knockback starts from the target. As well as adjusting FP drains but that's more complicated I feel.

Dodge still should get a nerf IMO as its a hindrance to yourself if you don't get it, and it shouldn't be that way IMO. I think a simple fix could be to just make dodge only "dodge" shots that are not head-shots. It rewards skilled aim, and avoids the meme of being invincible for a second/ peeking with dodge.. recharge.. peek again.. repeat.

New UI looks great, and the new replacement changes are amazing. I'm loving them both.

SBD animations feel a bit strange but I almost like them but for the meme basically, they seem less menacing now because of the animation change. I feel like it could really use some adjustments.

I haven't played with the new game-modes very much but overall I think this patch was a very good one, just needs some ironing out of bugs/ small adjustments to make it great. Sniper nerf is a welcome change, but it shouldn't be nerfed anymore that it is now. I think its in a mostly good place.

I feel like the amount the new SBD (and the gun arm) turns to the side when you move makes aiming feel really weird because the aim is staying in the same place but the arm is moving left and right

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I only played about 20 min since I've got other stuff to do, but I encountered two bugs so far. pbindicator wasn't working for me. (Clean install of academy and mb2 since I had uninstalled it awhile ago). Xhair settings in general seem iffy from default. I also tinkered with a few cmds but I wasn't able to make it show up either on saber training dummies in solo map or in a multiplayer map.

second bug is related to private duels. I encountered a problem where it broke for everybody on the server. Whenever someone would enter into a private duel, they themselves would go invisible along with their opponents. Not even their lightsaber showed up. However, their name showed up when I hovered over them. Private duels did not just break for 1 person, it broke for everybody after a new round.

It was my first time playing in awhile, and I think I will just say that it felt quite unpolished and buggy (in duels, haven't played open yet). I'm hoping for some bug fixes soon along with open beta for tempest/stassin versions.

Sno-dog

Movie Battles II Team
Thank you guys so far for all your feedback! I want to clarify some things regarding the sniper damage reduction and make sure you know that your words are being heard.

Hopefully this context helps ease some minds because I understand it is easy to write these changes off as rash. Some context: I'm a dev that has played this game for ~10 years using the proj rifle consistently... and I can say that there was absolutely serious discussion about the sniper damage changes. Early on I was one of the biggest voices objecting to these changes.

But I want you guys to know, or maybe you already do, that there is a hefty chunk of the playerbase that absolutely despise mb2 snipers. (Also probably goes without saying, but these complaints can be difficult to parse through because obviously sniping is a feature that depends on map & skill context/nuance more than others). None the less the past 1-2 years of sniper complaints have been abnormally common and the team generally felt something needed to be at least attempted.

So we tested and tested (different features other than damage were also looked into) and ended up with those final damage reductions/ammo changes. Even though I was just one opinion among the many, I personally agreed with the changes because it felt solid to me. It's a middle ground that I was comfortable with reaching. Will it help lessen mb2 sniping complaints? Maybe, we will see. Does it feel worse to play as a sniper? Maybe, though I haven't felt it personally. The good thing is player feedback takes precedence over my opinions and matters the most.

Please keep the feedback coming! Hopefully this post helps give players more context behind the sniper damage changes. Knowing the context may help provide some input into the criticisms. Either way just want to thank you all for playing, giving us feedback, and being a part of the community!

Last edited: