1.6 Feedback

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I've only played legends at the moment and I love it. FA with consistent characters across maps is a great idea.

R2D2 feedback specifically since I've been playing it loads:
- Remove the ability to melee (Replace it with a stunbaton shock or an e-11 rank 1).
- Give it flamethrower, weapon swap will allow it to toggle with wrist laser for burst with e-11 rank 1.
- Give it Knockdown immunity, with with a slowed movement effect instead (or an animation for knockdown).
- Make jetpack fx play on every jump, and allow this to negate fall damage if used mid air (or remove fall damage).

Sniper Rifles:
- Low body shot damage is good.... BUT!
- Headshots should one hit kill regardlress, increase headshot modifier!

I'll have more feedback later as I haven't played much yet.

Edit: Merry Xmas

Last edited:
Why not just revert dodge back to the way it was when it just automatically dodged a shot like once every 4 seconds or so? It was mainly used as a deterrent for ruptor down dotf hall and it accomplished that goal well.

I usually main sniper, but after this patch and what I have experienced, I have no intention of playing it. Sith/Jedi is by far the superior class as far as getting a good k/d or helping the team. It feels really discouraging when a soldier tanks a well placed sniper shot that you've invested a large amount of class points into. I also never really understood why the projectile speed was increased in the first place. I feel like if it was reduced back to its original speed, people wouldn't be complaining nearly as much. It felt way more satisfying getting a snipe across that map when you successfully predicted the lead. Also, If a sniper looked at you, it was pretty easy to juke the snipe unless they were really good at flicking (a skill we shouldn't be punishing).

On another note, SBD's are stronger than ever after the nerf to proj.

I haven't tested mando wrist blaster but it looks like a good change.

The wookie ROF change from 1 to 2 still feels insignificant and bowcaster 3 with health 2 just feels like a better build. I mainly use wookie as an anti-sith class, and without the ROF of bowcaster 3, its almost pointless to even put points in bowcaster with the low force drain. I might test the build more but as of right now, wookie still feels like a very weak class, only favored by memers.

- Coming from an MB2 Vet (riker) (ban me if you want)

Karus

Donator
Things I've found so far:
  • Can't back out to Main Menu after joining a server - simply reconnects you.
  • Falling off the map in duel_dotf whilst in a private duel sometimes causes server to crash.
  • Server crashes after round ends on duel servers (like 50% of the time).
  • Joinbug also still occurs. Not sure how or why, but I couldn't spawn despite being joined onto a team, clearly having lives, applying my class config many times. Saw that a few noobs had the same issue. This was on a duel server.
Not sure if this would be considered a bug, but:
  • You can end private duel just before running out of BP/before you die. Kinda bs. Maybe change this so you can only end private duel on 50+ BP, but I can see how this could cause further problems, so idk.
Also, Merry Christmas!
🎄🎅
UPDATE:
Another one
  • Opening console/ALL chat/TEAM chat causes player to stop moving forwards during downstab special.

SuM

On another note, SBD's are stronger than ever after the nerf to proj
There are specialized classes for countering droids such as ARC and clone. The direct aim of the sniper rifle is not to eliminate droids, also considering that the SBD has special armor that reduces damage from sniper shots, I don't see the connection between the nerf of the sniper and the fact that the SBD has become stronger. SBD remained the same, maybe with the exception of the new model and (seems like) unfinished animations.
It would be nice to return the old SBD model and animations until new ones are finished.

Karus

Donator
There are specialized classes for countering droids such as ARC and clone. The direct aim of the sniper rifle is not to eliminate droids, also considering that the SBD has special armor that reduces damage from sniper shots, I don't see the connection between the nerf of the sniper and the fact that the SBD has become stronger. SBD remained the same, maybe with the exception of the new model and (seems like) unfinished animations.
It would be nice to return the old SBD model and animations until new ones are finished.
Arc's alternate fire on rocket launcher (launches EMP rockets instead of regular rockets) absolutely shits on SBD too

fe8556b0a93f38cdaff8d93fb17e9a3c.jpg

I honestly thought SBD would be worse off with the new slap cause of how long the recovery is, but upon having my good SBD friends try and play it, I feel SBD is stronger now.

When you whiff the slap, Unless the Jedi reacts instantly or has a faster style, they can only get a single swing with yellow. With the increased range and long hitbox, if you were surrounded, if you 360'd while slapping, you could slap down every single Jedi around you. You could even deliberately slow down your slap with a slow yaw to hit them with the last part of the slap, and by doing that, you can get like 3-4 shots on the knocked over Jedi instead of 1 or 2. Sbd even staggers jedi when they are standing still and blocking.

Since its slower, You definitely need to be more careful with the slaps, as it will guarantee a punish should you whiff, but should you land it well, the reward is worth it, just turn a bit away from them when you slap to knock them down later into the animation, netting you more shots.

Against the players that just crouch in your face and let random deflects do most the damage, I just backpedal away from them, I outpace them that way, remove myself from the path of random deflects, and force them to stand back up to catch up to me, allowing me to rush forward and slap again and random. If I see someone using deflect, I just shoot at their feet, for the Jedi to be able to deflect those correctly, they have to aim way higher than normal because of how deflect works. (It deflects shots in relation to where you block the blaster shots from, and the deflected shots are always a bit below the crosshair, so if you shoot at my feet, if I'm looking straight ahead, most the shots will be deflected into the ground.

In terms of knockback, that's no fault to the SBD, knockbacks are shorter than intended and are being worked on, since they will be damage based, and SBD arm blaster does quite a bit of damage, and since you shoot above the enemy model, It can be easier to land chest shots with a high damage gun, you will get quite a big knockback when it's functioning correctly.

I'm very glad the Projectile rifle got nerfed. It was not fun to play against and required classes like Commander/BH/Hero to use Dodge to tank the shots from it or Jedi/Sith to absorb it with their FP pool, leaving classes like SBDs, wookies, soldiers, clones and mandos shit out of luck since they have no tools to clear or move through long hallways safely. Also Dodge sucks and isn't fun to use or play against. The sniper was so oppressively powerful that I honestly didn't want to play on a lot of maps with big sightlines because all you needed was one guy moderately good with it and this shuts down 4/5 of the classes in the game.

Also please fix jump kicks, they're really stupid and require far, far too much counterplay to safely avoid on the part of the gunner. Saberists shouldn't be able to knock over gunners without using their force powers.

Last edited:
Every play crash my game after 1.6

Attachments

• crash_log_2019-12-24_20-42-03.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 241
  • crash_log_2019-12-24_21-30-21.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 234
  • crash_log_2019-12-29_14-41-40.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 209
Also please fix jump kicks, they're really stupid and require far, far too much counterplay to safely avoid on the part of the gunner. Saberists shouldn't be able to knock over gunners without using their force powers.
jump kicks have been fixed, if you get shot during the jumpkick or legsweep, it will cancel the animation, If you get knocked over by them in this patch, it means you didn't land the shot.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
jump kicks have been fixed, if you get shot during the jumpkick or legsweep, it will cancel the animation, If you get knocked over by them in this patch, it means you didn't land the shot.
That was not the problem because it was already doing that in earlier patches. The problem was that saberists could block during that move.

- The sniper nerf (proj) is fine and doesn't even change anything most of the time (since 100/100 classes would survive a snipe like 90% of time already). If anything maybe the FP damage should've been kept as it was - because I'm under the impression it had been reduced? No comments on EE3 because I haven't played it in over 3 years.

Pretty disappointed with all those 'veterans' like Nex going on some skill-crusades as if sniping in this game wasn't 90% memorizing and basically prefiring corners or standing down afk at a massive hallway with little cover for the attackers, lol

- I liked flinch more than knockback. It was more reliable and knockback doesn't feel very responsive the way it is currently - basically the people I'm shooting at tend to fly back somewhat randomly and vice versa when I'm getting shot. Feels too hectic at times. Also, like flinch, the knockback seems to not work sometimes when saberist is doing the 'use-jump' (the little jump that you do at force jump level - 1 if you're holding use that is)

- Pistol 3 is an issue and had been for quite a while imo. Mostly because with all the projectile speed powercreep it doesn't feel great to play against anymore - most of the time it feels like visually I've dodged and evaded the shot correctly but I still get hit and that's quite frustrating. Also the humongous hitbox scores headshots where other weapons would not so you tend to die randomly.

- But if You touch Pistol 3 hero runs into issue that it's a really bad class at that point. E11 3 only build is solid but it just runs out of ammo and you can't do anything about it - perhaps bumping up reserve to 600 (just for heroes with ammo 3) could alleviate that a little. This is really contrasted when you run something like DLT 2 E11 3 BH and just hold down mouse1 entire game easily.

- Wookie slaps/barge still tend to randomly linger their hitbox well after the animations (my favorite was getting barged for full damage once after having already killed the wook) - not seeing anybody complain about it ever anywhere so I felt like pointing it out.

- Progressive siege maps feel cool. Probably not really balanced but unlike something like Jakku (I think they are comparable due to the openess) you can feel like people will be at certain places at certain times which has some cool rhyme (yes that's some cool newspeak I'm doing here). Korriban could proably have the crystal rooms made more soldier friendly though.

- The Sith being able to pickup weapons is probably a bug but to be honest, I wouldn't mind if it was kept and replicated to Jedi as well. All things considered, with the weapons being only level 1 and having a clip of ammo (save for proj/plx) it doesn't feel massively overpowered and You still have to pull someone so there's that.

- Besides the loading screen fonts (It's atrocious) No comments on the UI reworks simply because I've been too accustomed to previous one and keep missclicking stuff - also a side note; the order of saved class configs seems to have changed since I swear my Pistol 3 and DLT 2 BH builds have swapped places and I keep missclicking them (They are called ammo 3 and ammo 2 respectively) xd

The loading screen fonts are only weird in jamp I think, not openjk. The sith weapon pull is definitely a bug and will be fixed, knockback will probably be adjusted to make it better for low damage guns, also EE-3 sniper will also be tweaked as the nerf was a little too strong

The Sith being able to pickup weapons is probably a bug but to be honest, I wouldn't mind if it was kept and replicated to Jedi as well
Oh god, please, no. Good luck fighting a sith who first fries you with lighting and then finishes you off with a pulled gun. Plus it looks hella stupid when saberists jump around and shoot people with stolen guns. I don't mind it as a temporary fun little bug, but it should definitely go.

Good luck fighting a sith who first fries you with lightning and then just keeps frying you anyway, because I'm assuming the context here is 1v1? Lightning is (and pretty much always has been) its' own problem. As I've said - you only get a single clip of level 1 weapon at most and this is only after you managed to have pulled somebody in a round. It definitely played less drastic than I'd imagined it on paper in my perception. Also personally I would say Saberists with guns are not as strong as pulling a cr3 for your mando which had been in the game forever with very few complaints (and likewise with very few occurrences).

Also personally I would say Saberists with guns are not as strong as pulling a cr3 for your mando which had been in the game forever with very few complaints (and likewise with very few occurrences).
Well guess why, its because this sort of thing requires teamwork, which is almost non-existent in mb2. But now sith can pull the guns for themselves, which simply reduces the teamwork requirement even more, on top of removing flinch which means you can't save your teammates at ranges anymore.