Mace is actually right about sabering

If you could revert sabering, what patch would it be?

• 1.3 (ive never played but heard a lot about it)

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • 1.4.2 (whichever was Pb counter patch)

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • 1.4.9 (acm spamfest)

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • 1.5 ('simple' patch)

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • 1.1 (played this one, still had old pb afaik)

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • RC1/2 (hear a lot but don't know much about)

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • b18 (hear a lot but don't know much about)

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^
This.
I think the biggest problem is that ppl just don't settle for one system, tweak it until it's balanced and stick to it. For example the most voted system here is 1.3. Why not revert to it, fix the problems the majority thinks it has (e.g perks) and be done with it?

As stated above 1.3 might be the most revered because the majority of the population currently playing MB2 started AROUND that time. If 90% of people who played RC1 were still around, they would vote for it. Almost everyone in this thread alone who legitimately did play RC1 publically announced their support for it. That should speak volumes alone. You have maybe 6% active players who have actually played RC1 on these forums which makes the whole poll data skewed. Like Frenzy touched on, the title and poll are misleading.

Also, the old PB saber/saber collision was pre 1.1, That is misleading and those 4 votes would probably go to v1, v0, or RC1. (v1 and v0 aren't even in the poll smh)

Last edited:
Damn, we're getting a new Star Wars this upcoming year (dumpster fire incoming(?)), so as always i'm hyped to see how MB2 is doing and i see this? Feelsbadman. Just from reading this i'm not sure about everything. How is open doing as a consequence of this? Are there any players left? Is the game worth giving a shot again?

Damn, we're getting a new Star Wars this upcoming year (dumpster fire incoming(?)), so as always i'm hyped to see how MB2 is doing and i see this? Feelsbadman. Just from reading this i'm not sure about everything. How is open doing as a consequence of this? Are there any players left? Is the game worth giving a shot again?
We can only hope that our lord and saviour Stassin can, from the depths of hell, withdraw this game and invigorate it with new life.

Other than that the build is fucked but people still play because its MB2

Just wanna drop the opinion of a classic newfag, or whatever somebody would wish to call me. Been a big fan of the base game since it's release, only discovered, to my shame, this mod about 3 days ago and was shown the ropes on how it works and plays and alot of people seem to be positive about it, but I come here and people generally seem negative and prefer older patches. The main reason im saying any of this is because even if this patch is dodgy in the eyes of many, im enjoying the learning curve and complexity of it so it's still drawing in new players.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Just wanna drop the opinion of a classic newfag, or whatever somebody would wish to call me. Been a big fan of the base game since it's release, only discovered, to my shame, this mod about 3 days ago and was shown the ropes on how it works and plays and alot of people seem to be positive about it, but I come here and people generally seem negative and prefer older patches. The main reason im saying any of this is because even if this patch is dodgy in the eyes of many, im enjoying the learning curve and complexity of it so it's still drawing in new players.

Good to hear that it's still drawing some new players. I've been worried for awhile (couple years?) now that the bugs and state of public significantly decreased new player retention.

Good to hear that it's still drawing some new players. I've been worried for awhile (couple years?) now that the bugs and state of public significantly decreased new player retention.
Yeah, since im "from the outside" so to speak, I can say that it's hard to find this game. There is nothing anywhere to point a person to it, especially being a mod to an old game.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
We do rounds of promotion around hype for other upcoming SW content but we don't exactly have the budget/resources to do a crap ton of promotion. So a lot of it has to be word of mouth.

We do rounds of promotion around hype for other upcoming SW content but we don't exactly have the budget/resources to do a crap ton of promotion. So a lot of it has to be word of mouth.
MB2's biggest promotion comes from community videos. Sylvars How to Lightsaber videos have 1.8 million views in total, while Saintmillions video made very good use of the Battlefront 2 controversy and introduced MB2 to me as well as countless other players as well

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Also a good next patch would help ;)

Sadly, next patch won't have any gameplay changes. Hard to say if the next 2 patches will (We are in this intermediary stage where like half the patch is ready, 90% of the other portion of the patch is ready and just needs bug fixes... but those bug fixes might not be done before christmas so I might push for doing back to back smaller patches instead of one big one)

Roadmap has been consistently updated if you want to see thingies.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
TBH I wouldn't try to promote us too hard right now. Wait till we get closer to the next movie and we have tutorials and other things in and more solid.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
TBH I wouldn't try to promote us too hard right now. Wait till we get closer to the next movie and we have tutorials and other things in and more solid.

Yes. Wait until we have the tutorials and a proper lightsaber dueling patch that isn't dreadfully buggy. Tbh I don't believe that much in the movie hype anymore, so I'd say just start doing promotion stuff after dueling has been fixed. It's really a shame to present the game to new players in this state when it could be so much better.

Yes. Wait until we have the tutorials and a proper lightsaber dueling patch that isn't dreadfully buggy. Tbh I don't believe that much in the movie hype anymore, so I'd say just start doing promotion stuff after dueling has been fixed. It's really a shame to present the game to new players in this state when it could be so much better.
To be fair you have to play for a while to notice the problems with this patch, I really doubt a new player could see the difference between this and 1.0 for example. The new player experience hasnt changed that much since its so much to learn. Most people just go in and try to have some fun, they wont notice if bp or fp drains are too high or too low or sidewhacks are fucked up for example

This, I've heard alot about this current patch being dogshit. But for a new player like myself with no past reference to older patches, it's not an issue to me. All new players will be just to busy trying to understand the complexity of the game over any issues about bp being fucked.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
This, I've heard alot about this current patch being dogshit. But for a new player like myself with no past reference to older patches, it's not an issue to me. All new players will be just to busy trying to understand the complexity of the game over any issues about bp being fucked.

That does give me some hope that we won't immediately leak new players.

Honestly I found it quite easy to Google and YouTube stuff and read quides on how to play the game. And the community is very helpful on helping players out. I personally wouldn't worry about that to much if trying to promote the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.