Mace is actually right about sabering

If you could revert sabering, what patch would it be?

• 1.3 (ive never played but heard a lot about it)

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • 1.4.2 (whichever was Pb counter patch)

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • 1.4.9 (acm spamfest)

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • 1.5 ('simple' patch)

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • 1.1 (played this one, still had old pb afaik)

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • RC1/2 (hear a lot but don't know much about)

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • b18 (hear a lot but don't know much about)

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am willing to bet a good sum of money that at least half the votes for 1.3 came from shitty Jedi/sith players that started at 1.3 in open when it was so gamebreakingly op that you were basically forced to play it or die.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I am willing to bet a good sum of money that at least half the votes for 1.3 came from shitty Jedi/sith players that started at 1.3 in open when it was so gamebreakingly op that you were basically forced to play it or die.
we are talking about dueling not open

★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° :.  . • °   .  * :. .in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ ..Gumba...° ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * Isn't salty ☾ ★ °● ¸ .   ★ °

lets go back to 1.3 and red being a funny noob killer that's easily counterable but devastating when used by someone who's actually good ty

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I know, but after seeing the votes that is the only reason I can think of. Can't imagine that many people enjoyed Purple and Cyan in dueling
Ignoring cyan and purple because they never should have been added in the first place I thought 1.3 was way better and actually had a direction. I don't know what to call this current mess we're forcing ourselves to play.

Tempest and Stassin need to stop their rivalry, otherwise it's going to be a few more years of trying to one-up each other with some stupid saber revision instead of focusing on coding more fun aspects of the game like guns, game modes or class abilities

Letting Stassin come back after being so disconnected from the community and development and letting him release a patch in 2 weeks was stupid.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Revert it to how it was 3/4 years ago. System in recent years (last 2 or so) has felt incredibly poor and unnecessarily changed. I stopped dueling permanently 2 years ago when the changes simply became too random/fucking stupid for me to handle, and much prefer to troll now.

I've been dueling since 2005, and I see a lot of randoms who apparently seem intent on completely changing the system every few months. I have always wondered why MB2 team have felt the need to reinvent the wheel at every turn: we have had some incredible iterations of the saber system that NEVER NEEDED TO BE COMPLETELY RE-IMAGINED, and only needed a bit of polishing up.

I miss the era when we had such duelists flocking together as Stassin, SeV, Sekundus, the Russian dudes, hlev, baws, etc. Dueling system feels shit now, and servers are populated by anime kappa 15 year-olds who listen to BTS.

The rivalries feel weak, the system feels messy; the desire has gone.

Ignoring cyan and purple because they never should have been added in the first place I thought 1.3 was way better and actually had a direction. I don't know what to call this current mess we're forcing ourselves to play.

Does anyone actually enjoy playing with purple or cyan other than using them to win? I mean the actual saber swinging with those styles. To me it is the most unsatisfying thing in MB2.
I understand wanting variety, but couldn't the other 5 styles offer enough in theory? Even having 5 styles seems hard to handle if you want to design a solid gameplay experience.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Does anyone actually enjoy playing with purple or cyan other than using them to win? I mean the actual saber swinging with those styles. To me it is the most unsatisfying thing in MB2.
I understand wanting variety, but couldn't the other 5 styles offer enough in theory? Even having 5 styles seems hard to handle if you want to design a solid gameplay experience.
If you've ever seen me duel (trick question: you haven't, because dueling this build sucks), I never use anything but red because it identifies so well with this build. I swing and do a ton of BP damage or get hit and take a lot of BP damage. That's the build, so I might as well be extreme about it.

The sad part is it works. It shouldn't work, but it works.

Last edited:
I quit dueling because I was sick of having to get used to a whole new version every few months. It's getting ridiculous.
^^^^^^
This.
I think the biggest problem is that ppl just don't settle for one system, tweak it until it's balanced and stick to it. For example the most voted system here is 1.3. Why not revert to it, fix the problems the majority thinks it has (e.g perks) and be done with it?

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
^^^^^^
This.
I think the biggest problem is that ppl just don't settle for one system, tweak it until it's balanced and stick to it. For example the most voted system here is 1.3. Why not revert to it, fix the problems the majority thinks it has (e.g perks) and be done with it?

It's a little bit more complicated than revert and fix, but I'll agree that in the past two years saber development has felt more or less like two steps forward, once step back, and sometimes one step forward, two steps back. We get saddled with 4-6 months of a buggy shitty patch thrown together on a lazy afternoon and ppl wonder why the old top tier duelists and vets aren't active.

Let's put aside the 'return to 1.3' whinge. What we really need to see is a stable version that stays fundamentally the same, and then tweaks applied to that version. I said this in early 2016 and I've seen other ppl like agentoo8 say it as well. It just needs to be done. (just do it!)

It's a little bit more complicated than revert and fix, but I'll agree that in the past two years saber development has felt more or less like two steps forward, once step back, and sometimes one step forward, two steps back. We get saddled with 4-6 months of a buggy shitty patch thrown together on a lazy afternoon and ppl wonder why the old top tier duelists and vets aren't active.

Let's put aside the 'return to 1.3' whinge. What we really need to see is a stable version that stays fundamentally the same, and then tweaks applied to that version. I said this in early 2016 and I've seen other ppl like agentoo8 say it as well. It just needs to be done. (just do it!)
I agree, besides that we should put aside the 1.3 reversion ofc. When we got 1.4.9 that was 1.4.5 and all the builds around those times which had been tweaked SLIGHTLY to be enjoyable, and it was one of the better builds we've had recently. Get a baseline, tweak it and leave it

I really like the way they swing and feel. Also, I like a fast style and I hate using blue against gunners so I often go for cyan. And at this point, removing them would cause too much controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.