Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Why not give the statement immediately. If there is a clear breach of rules, what's the problem just posting it right now?

We were given some initial amount of information. We've requested more information (but have not received) from those sources, and some additional outside sources that said they might have more info for us as well to make a final decision and let the community know to either revert what happened, or keep it in place based off of the information we have requested from those outside sources.

We were given some initial amount of information. We've requested more information (but have not received) from those sources, and some additional outside sources that said they might have more info for us as well to make a final decision and let the community know to either revert what happened, or keep it in place based off of the information we have requested from those outside sources.
it doesn't take 2 days to admit something was done incorrectly. thats why people are upset that they arent fessing up.
secrecy is a bad idea at this stage of the problem, for any length of time. IMO the best thing for mb2 as a whole right now is to undo the serverlist thing until an investigation is concluded. this thing was a kneejerk by someone and it shouldnt have been allowed to happen at all without due process.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So essentially, you didn't have enough evidence to back their claims, so now your asking for more evidence even though you already brought the servers down? Sounds like you really did punish through accusations and word of mouth.

More, we had multiple reported incidents to us (it wasnt just CB). Those multiple reports were enough IMO for an initial decision. There were several other reports, but those were too vague so we requested more information from those groups of people.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
why do you speak for the devs if you're retired mace. Id like to hear from the devs about this yet the only lead that spoke was spag and nothing else has come up since then. are devs using you as a scapegoat to take flak or are you doing this on your own accord

k4far

Banned
Donator
why do you speak for the devs if you're retired mace. Id like to hear from the devs about this yet the only lead that spoke was spag and nothing else has come up since then. are devs using you as a scapegoat to take flak or are you doing this on your own accord

It does not mean he is not in contact with the rest after his retirement. Would you ditch friends after changing schools.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
are devs using you as a scapegoat to take flak or are you doing this on your own accord

Editing for Clarification. Devs aren't using me as a scape goat but I am willingly taking the flak for them. Many team members have been pretty stressed recently so I am attempting to offload some of that on to me.

Last edited:
I agree, people's opinions can be annoying. But we still won't censor it, and our lack of censorship is one of the many reasons why tR replaced AOD as the go-to server.

As for the doxxing, again, you're punishing over 20 people for the actions of one –– actions I'm relatively sure didn't even occur. If you're going to punish, punish *one* person, not an entire community. No matter which way you try and justify this, you're still in the wrong. Just fess up dude and admit it. Do the right thing.
Sounds like Apex.

There is no way to punish one person. I think you're smart enough to know that.

Since the beginning of tR, I've noticed a lot controversy around it. Infact, my first memory of them is Paradine and his alias'd pro gamer friends (you were presumably among them) coming on AOD and spamming 'FOR THE RESISTANCE' or something of that nature. Which, I guess isn't a big deal, but you can tell they were being very passive aggressive with the way they stacked teams and spammed said bind (they seemed to do it just enough not to get banned). Not the best first impression as you guys made it clear that you guys were some new egocentric try-hard clan who didn't take a liking to AOD (and I'll note that most of you tR guys that day were probably ban-evading anyway because it was nothing but a bunch of aliases, but I don't care about that).

I'm under the impression that some of you guys like to hack under alias, because I can't think of very many people that would come back to this old mod just to hack and not affiliate themselves with the likes of tR or their members (and I know for a fact that there's cheaters in this game). But I don't know that for sure.

As for the leader of your clan, I honestly don't know where the hell Paradine came from. I don't know if he's a former vet with a new name or if he's some MB2ers irl friend, all I remember is he appeared in the MB2 community 5 or so years ago and the only people he has ever seemed to affiliate with were Uppercuts, Apex and random aliases with inexplicable skill (which I assume are Uppercuts under alias). I'm certain that there are Uppercuts within tR, the same ones that have been banned over the years for their blatant hacking. I also remember a few years ago that he (Paradine) was known to crash servers/associate with people that did, so, as you can see, he keeps company with quite a felonious bunch. I think I may recall a time where he even threatened me with something like "I'm gonna get your IP and you'll see what happens", which is actually why I've been avoiding the tR servers all together. But that honestly might have not been him, I'm still certain that it was someone within tR, though.

Given all this, I am not surprised at all to hear about this situation that your clan is in. I don't know the specific details (I have an idea, but no proof), but I'll tell you as a seasoned MB2 vet, I'm gonna believe Tempest and the other dev's word a thousand times before I believe Paradine and Apex's word LOL (who, mind you, have been spreading their toxic egocentric (ragey) behavior and trolling innocent people for the better part of half a decade).

Last edited:
Dorito, please. Let's not play guess who's who and conflate one members actions with the actions of the entire group. I'm not trying to admonish you for your opinion here, but the notion that disproportionate disciplinary action against the whole clan is acceptable is quite absurd.

Are you really crying haxx0r, and saying because someone used to wall hack in a 15 y/o game before there was cheat detection, that they'll never live that down?

I remember you having wall hacks back in devine.

Besides, I thought hacking wasn't possible ever since they made the launcher operate the way it does. . .

Quite frankly everyone should back off this topic, everyone's getting into side arguments that's not even related to the issue and creating more side community drama. Everyone needs to stop ripping at each others throats over there own options of the subject and wait for the answer of the servers staying or leaving.

Dorito, please. Let's not play guess who's who and conflate one members actions with the actions of the entire group.

Are you really crying haxx0r, and saying because someone used to wall hack in a 15 y/o game before there was cheat detection, that they'll never live that down?

I thought hacking wasn't possible ever since they made the launcher operate the way it does. . .
The entire point of my post was to bring to light the kind of people that reside within tR. I won't say all of them are bad, but when it's run by a group of people with historically bad attitudes and connections to the most notorious hacking clan in MB2 history, you shouldn't be so quick to trust their word, especially when they think there's no evidence against them and they can just play the victim card.

As for cheating, I witnessed it the other day, actually. And, trust me, I'm pretty levelheaded when it comes to cheating accusations. I don't know for sure if it's was tR or associates, but I'm sure the survey would be willing to point in their direction.

- - - Updated - - -
No security system is impenetrable. It's just a matter of how hard you have to try to breach it.
Also, this.

People can get around VAC (and any other industry standard anti-cheat for that matter). You think people can't get around an anti cheat that was designed by (no offense) people that aren't even being paid?

C'mon, boa. I'm sure someone with good programming experience *cough* Paradine *cough* could figure out a way around it pretty easily.

- - - Updated - - -
Dorito, please. Let's not play guess who's who and conflate one members actions with the actions of the entire group. I'm not trying to admonish you for your opinion here, but the notion that disproportionate disciplinary action against the whole clan is acceptable is quite absurd.

I remember you having wall hacks back in devine.

Besides, I thought hacking wasn't possible ever since they made the launcher operate the way it does. . .
Uhh, sure I did have wallhacks that Apex gave me a really long time ago, way before even the anticheat. I'm not holding him or anyone else against that at all, though. I'm talking about right now, recently. And i'm not saying because of that, he's hacking, I actually am inclined to believe that he doesnt at all, it's someone else that does.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mooch

Uhh, sure I did have wallhacks that Apex gave me a really long time ago, way before even the anticheat. I'm not holding him or anyone else against that at all, though. I'm talking about right now, recently. And i'm not saying because of that, he's hacking, I actually am inclined to believe that he doesnt at all, it's someone else that does.

How is wallhacking even relevant to this conversation about servers being blacklisted? Basically everything that's been coming up is not even about what this forum post was originally made for. It's ridiculous and just plain off topic.

How is wallhacking even relevant to this conversation about servers being blacklisted? Basically everything that's been coming up is not even about what this forum post was originally made for. It's ridiculous and just plain off topic.
Hey, he's the one that brought it up, bro.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Basically everything that's been coming up is not even about what this forum post was originally made for. It's ridiculous and just plain off topic.

That is why making stuff public right off the bat was a bad idea on your end.

If I was you I would reach for the developers privately to hear what they have to say. THEN, I would open a thread and start a discussion of what they have said. You are asking for off-topic not knowing yourself what is this all about. All of us just got catched in the flow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am sure you have your own forums too. So excuse like your players would not know what is happening is vague and unconvincing.

That is why making stuff public right off the bat was a bad idea on your end.

If I was you I would reach for the developers privately to hear what they have to say. THEN, I would open a thread and start a discussion of what they have said. You are asking for off-topic not knowing yourself what is this all about. All of us just got cought in the flow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am sure you have your own forums too. So excuse like your players would not know what is happening is vague and unconvincing.

Why can't they address this out in the open? The master server list is public.

They are the ones who went public as soon as they took a privately paid for server off this public list.

They have essentially broken their own guidelines by interfering with private servers that haven't broken any of their explicitly codified guidelines.

If they intend to fire a gunshot into the heart of the mb2 community, they had better be ready to be seen with the smoking gun.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Why can't they address this out in the open?

We have been told earlier there is an examination of evidence going on. Where there is a an investigation confidency must follow? I am really curious of what it must have been to trigger such a prompt action. Time will tell, wikipedia articles shall judge.

On the side note,
if you would contact them in person as the owner I believe you would know some real details.

Last edited:

LYRIC

Banned
That explained nothing. Write down hundred names you are using, places where you are usually playing. I have never seen a guy going by name "lyric".

What is has to do with this case anyway?
I have always exclusively been Lyric. Because I've always been Lyric.

I usually play games that don't involve snowflake nerds.

I enjoy playing as follows;

Don't starve together

Sims

Ori and the blind forest

Plague

Far Cry

and a select few others. I'm open to suggestions.

Once in a while you will see me rollin' as a deka on MB2, but I'm really good so it gets too boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that random dev censored my post. Proving my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.