What things do you think are OP? People who play those things, why are they not?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Achilles, the idea is not to force your own views, but discuss them with others and maybe even change your opinion if you realize that you were mistaken. So far I've never seen you bothering to back down even an inch and always considering your views being 100 percent right. It takes some balls admitting being wrong from time to time.

Basically: the point is not being some lawyer in the court and be always right about everything, but finding the objective answer.

In my opinion, rather than giving the proj rifle to another class, because let's face it the only other class that could suit it in rebs is ET, Hero should get an upgrade system similar to Deka, where if they buy say Shield Repulse they can't buy Quick Roll, or the ARC's Westar-M5 with scope/nade launcher.

The system would work with Dash and Grenades or with Dodge and Proj Rifle. Or both.

Proj Rifle is used to snipe, Dodge is used to counter snipes. Dash is used to evade siths and blaster fire and gaining ground to snipe quick, Grenades are used to evade siths and kill people.

>You buy Proj Rifle? Say bye to Dodge
>You Buy Dodge? Say bye to Proj Rifle.

>You buy 'nades? Say bye to Dash.
>You buy Dash? Say bye to the 'nades (On the flip side, buying nades allows you to quick throw)

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Achilles, the idea is not to force your own views, but discuss them with others and maybe even change your opinion if you realize that you were mistaken. So far I've never seen you bothering to back down even an inch and always considering your views being 100 percent right. It takes some balls admitting being wrong from time to time.

Basically: the point is not being some lawyer in the court and be always right about everything, but finding the objective answer.

So then, tell me what I'm wrong about and why. Am I wrong about saying rebels should not be buffed? Am I wrong about 1.4? Am I wrong in saying that gloan has the potential to stomp any other class *if* you can aim the blobs? Please, tell me why I'm wrong, so that I might learn why I'm wrong.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So then, tell me what I'm wrong about and why. Am I wrong about saying rebels should not be buffed? Am I wrong about 1.4? Am I wrong in saying that gloan has the potential to stomp any other class *if* you can aim the blobs? Please, tell me why I'm wrong, so that I might learn why I'm wrong.
I think I had enough last time in this particular thread Gun Spread | Page 3 | Movie Battles II Community

you're entirely wrong about everything you say, rebs are shit compared to imps and the fact that you can't see it suggests a lack of understanding of the basics of the game's mechanics

arguing with someone who came to the conclusion that hero is the most op class in the game is a waste of time, i've learned, as the fact they have an opinion so fat detached from reality probably means no argument you can think of will get through their skull

it is sad to see tho that members of the dev team think hero (the 2nd worst class in the game) is in fact the best and needs nerfing. rip in peace hero [*]

you're entirely wrong about everything you say, rebs are shit compared to imps and the fact that you can't see it suggests a lack of understanding of the basics of the game's mechanics

arguing with someone who came to the conclusion that hero is the most op class in the game is a waste of time, i've learned, as the fact they have an opinion so fat detached from reality probably means no argument you can think of will get through their skull

it is sad to see tho that members of the dev team think hero (the 2nd worst class in the game) is in fact the best and needs nerfing. rip in peace hero [*]
G0Zf8yi.png

It's weird isn't it? People still arguing that Hero has is tanky and dodge and heal are good skills to have.

I think some people want jedi to be strong enough to kill a couple gunners. Heal to jedi on kills was in another thread as an extreme example. If you killed one player you did your job for the round. I think jedi shouldn't even kill one in average, because how strong their support powers. Just having a jedi near you will prevent nades, rockets, even melee wookie will think twice to attack. They can tell you if enemies hiding behind the walls, knockdown the enemy gunners or force them to walk for easy aiming etc.

For a game called "Movie Battles" Jedi sure don't seem as powerful as they did in the movies. You'd think a couple Jedi could take out like 20 gunners no problem, but nope. All in the name of balance I suppose.

For a game called "Movie Battles" Jedi sure don't seem as powerful as they did in the movies. You'd think a couple Jedi could take out like 20 gunners no problem, but nope. All in the name of balance I suppose.

Back in the older builds, Jedi/Sith actually use to be very tankish. They've changed for the better I think.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

And SBDs could tank a whole 3 Red swings. Wookiees could take 50 shots to the face.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

Yeah... and completely missed my jab as well. A lot of the stuff I've seen him post is more personal gripes (like my hate for shotguns and mines in other games). While that is perfectly relevant to this post on something someone thinks is OP, still not really a need to defend it. This is for opinions on what people think is OP, not what actually is.

I don't remember seeing that, only that a few (including myself) that think that projectile rifle doesn't fit hero and that dash needs to be fixed or removed and that heal needs a buff to allow for more front lining, as well as buffing dodge back to previous pre-nerf. Projectile rifle not fitting hero because he is a front liner, not sitting in the background sniping. Pretty much every hero we see in the movie is fighting the guys directly rather than from a distance. This doesn't exactly have to do with hero being OP (Outside of being able to shotgun with dash+proj). Then dash needing to be fixed because its more or less a teleport than an actual dash, its wonky. It also messed with quickthrow mechanics quite a bit in a bad way IMO. Heal being buffed to allow more front lining by removing the tiers and giving them a flat (tiered amount based off purchase level) increase. Then there were plans I thought to bring back old dodge - not sure if it was implemented though. Dodge is pretty much useless right now. Oh and I think the burst fire secondary on pistol was getting changed back to charged shot on some classes? But yes I am in agreeance that hero is in need of major work/polish. A lot of people fail to see that while hero can be strong there are so many weaknesses and things that just don't work at all or work right on that class.

Despite how much dash destroys me, I don't think it needs to be removed. I'd be completely fine with it being part of the hero class if it could get a longer cooldown of some kind. In it's current state, it is ridiculously abused.

In its current state, it looks ridiculous.
Did they attach wheelies to the bottom of their boots? What's fueling it? Toe power?
Whats the point of classes if there's an every-man class that can fulfill every function better than the rest:)
Why not just have one class besides jedi, called gunner. And then you can just pick out anything you want from the selection:)

I'm not always right, but I'm hardly ever wrong! It's called...machismo.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Achiles are you going to continue to be a dick?
Because I might just join that club.

Teef, if you allow Achilles to
cynicism.jpg
in your heart, I'm leaving these forums. yeah. and i just created an account.

on-topic: I have no opinions on balance, and i, for one, have never killed a Wookie.

Teef, if you allow Achilles to View attachment 681 in your heart, I'm leaving these forums. yeah. and i just created an account.

on-topic: I have no opinions on balance, and i, for one, have never killed a Wookie.
As annoying and stubborn as he is, he's entitled to an opinion. If you aren't willing to wade through the people that provide this kind of atmosphere, I don't know why you'd register on the forums. Everywhere has atleast one. Threatening to leave when you just stated that you just made an account, won't hurt anyone. So please, provide feedback to the discussion or just don't post.

Back on the topic of maneuverability. I feel that a good nerf to dash could definitely be the distance that it travels. It feels like the dash is so far that you don't even have to time it with a jedi's swing. I feel if it didn't dash as far, and drained more energy, then it would definitely take more timing and practice, thus separating the good heroes from the average.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
he's entitled to an opinion.

I am actually not calling for censorship. i'm suggesting responding to Achilles's stubborn personal climate of hostility with an equally stubborn climate of lightheartedness. Bring balance to the force, don't contribute to rising hostility in the forum.

and that being said, the rest of my post was lighthearted, too. threatening to leave is funny and meaningless. complaining is funny and meaningless.

Last edited: