What things do you think are OP? People who play those things, why are they not?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
What kinds of things in Movie Battles do you personally think are over powered and why? People who play those things, why do you feel that they are not? Please refrain from insulting each other, I just want to see. Here's a list of things from top to bottom of what I have heard in game as being OP. These are not my personal opinions, they are what I have gathered.

OP Shit:
  1. Wookie
  2. Super Battle Droid
  3. Red Lightsaber Style
  4. Droideka
  5. Cyan Lightsaber Style
  6. Sniper
  7. Mandalorian
  8. Jedi/Sith
  9. Force Push
  10. Force Choke
Feel free to talk about the above as well. Maybe they aren't OP! I thought this would be interesting and I would love to know what you guys think!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Melee wookiee (nerfed in open 1.4 beta)
Clone blobs
Clone rifle

Also I disagree jedi/sith and push are OP and strongly disagree grip is OP.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Melee wookiee (nerfed in open 1.4 beta)
Glad to hear that it was nerfed! I agree that the wookie is a tad bit overpowered when it comes to melee. I'v seen a lot of hate towards devs because of how they "never did anything about it"
Clone blobs
I disagree with this one just because the clone troopers I believe are meant to be an anti-jedi class. I feel that the clone troopers are a good alternate to the mandos' , though the clone rifle i think needs to do either less damage or have less ammo so people will have to be more accurate with their shots.
Also I disagree jedi/sith and push are OP and strongly disagree grip is OP.
I agree with you. The jedi/sith and push are not OP in anyway. Experienced gunners can easily defeat jedi/sith.

I would have to disagree that mandalorians are OP because they are the slowest class, I believe even slower than a soldier without the use of their jetpack. Jetpack activation also requires that the mandalorian has to jump first which makes him vulnerable to a force push.
Mandalorians can easily be killed with a speed jedi if you know what you're doing.

SBDs can at times seem to be overpowered but if you know how to counter them or get around their slap radius as a jedi they are pretty much dead in 1-2 hits even with cortosis as long as you don't swing block to reduce your saber damage. Also damaging a SBD will also greatly reduce their battery, which pretty much means once you start hitting them you have a better chance of killing him than if you ran away.

Droidekas are kind of okay but they mainly are useful for pinning down the enemy team and once a jedi gets close or arc emp grenades are spammed the droideka will have to retreat and recharge it's ammo supply.

-- Take my words with a grain of salt.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I agree with everything you said! With good practice, Jedi/Sith can easily defeat SBD and Dekas.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
People who play those things, why do you feel that they are not?

OP Shit:
  1. Wookie

1. Unless it meet sith with red (incidentally, red is indeed OP for open current version, fixed in 1.4)

[*]Super Battle Droid

Only from perspective of unexperienced jedi - or *extremely* unexperienced gunners.

[*]Red Lightsaber Style

It was a "bit" OP in current release for open. Not for duels, though.

[*]Droideka

Wut?

Wut?
    Well, technically "shotgun snipe" might be irritating, but for sure not OP in any way - especially compared to 3-life soldiers with close combat 2 (allowing them to run super fast)

[*]Mandalorian

Not really, but might be hard for other one-life classes due to rocket. Totally wrecked by respawners, though.

[*]Jedi/Sith

In open, indeed - mostly thanks to red. Fixed in 1.4.

[*]Force Push

OP it is not, braindead - quite a bit. There are some ideas to make push more tied to actual skill, but those are far from even being complete enough to consider their integration.

[*]Force Choke

Not really - uses a lot of force (can't be even started if your opponent aim at least half-decently), and even if executed, leaves you very vulnerable for... Everything.
/Cat Lady

I think soldiers returning from the grave with the durability of an elite trooper and the movement speed of a hero is pretty trippy. Especially when it happens twice.

Preston

Nerd
Only thing I really find op is... Duals, Staff,Red on open and duels. And cyan and purple just on dueling. But 1.4 seems to of fixed this for the most part, so yay

Not really, but might be hard for other one-life classes due to rocket. Totally wrecked by respawners, though.
That is because solds are op af.
Every 1 life class is weak against solds.
Mando is op af if you team doesnt know how to play.
I honestly rather give them proj again. That would be more balanced than the current ee3.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
That is because solds are op af.
I would have to disagree there. I believe that the soldiers are very balanced. If you have someone who doesn't know what they're doing, they're just a waste of space. Soldiers are supposed to be the backbone of the team. They don't do much damage and only have 50 health. The only thing I'd say they are evenly matched with is other soldiers.

I would have to disagree there. I believe that the soldiers are very balanced. If you have someone who doesn't know what they're doing, they're just a waste of space. Soldiers are supposed to be the backbone of the team. They don't do much damage and only have 50 health. The only thing I'd say they are evenly matched with is other soldiers.

sigh, that's why I don't like these discussions with new people.

It's not your fault but everyone who is decent at the game knows that solds need to be nerfed at some point. They are way too strong.
Try out a build with:
e11: 3
close combat: 2
reinforcements: 2
armor: 3
ammo: 2

You are basically a hero with 3 lifes and without a proj. The "Low health" is meaningless if you know how to play really. You can tank about 3-5 e11 shots yourself.
Spray some corners, have decent aim -> up you go to the top of the scoreboard :)

I fail to see how ee3 is op but I'm going to make my case nevertheless: primary fire=28 and sniper=100, uses quite a lot of ammo for just a single shot and it is very slow compared to proj rifle. If we're talking long range there's no reason why you should ever lose to ee3 as a hero, especially as, if I'm not mistaken, heroes only need armor 1 to survive a ee3 sniper shot and that's if they're not evading the shots in the first place with dodge.

The same goes for medium to short distances where the ee3 is just a standard rifle and most heroes carry the dreaded p3 on top of dash. Even worse is when, as I mentionned before Gumba, you just need to buy a single grenade to get a free kill against a mando since they're like turtles. 'Nade throw+Proj= insta death no matter what since the proj rifle will one shot any mando who does not have armor 3.

Imo ee3 is perfectly fine as it is.

One thing that I do have to say about mando is that the rocket I feel can be overly frustrating for one-life classes as Cat mentionned since, if there's no jedi, it's almost a guaranteed kill. Don't get me wrong it's fun as hell to used, especially when it comes to stealth rockets but the combination jetpack+rocket turnss mandos into elite suicide bombers.

In terms of what I think is op/frustrating overall is definitly the hero class that is the biggest toolbox in all of MBII, it's the fastest human class apart from mando(but then again mandos have fuel) and jedi when using speed yet it has a sniper rifle, has all the anti-sniper abilities like dodge, dash and for the sake of it just has heal. It also has p3 for close distances that packs a punch. If a hero knows how to use dash properly and carries a p3 it's like a weapon of mass destruction since the hero can shortly teleport through space while dealing some massive damage and has one of the fastest recovery.

I really feel like the bounty hunters got robbed on their way to the armory, they can't shotgun snipe like heroes since they have neither dash nor the grenade( or the quick throw if they ever feel like it). Sure the poison is really useful against jedis but imo practicing with dash and p3 does the trick already.

Of course soldiers do damage. They have the same gun as everyone else with the added benefit of being at the bottom of the pecking order so if you have a deka or wookiee buddy, you get to watch them get shot to shit by 20 people whilst you clean up.

The EE3 is pretty ridiculous if you monkey about and abuse corners, although I wouldn't want the projectile rifle to replace the EE3. I cannot aim with the proj. rifle.

rage cyan purple deka sbd grip mind trick ions pistol 3 poison darts bounces are overpowered

proj heal sonics tracking darts m5 dexterity arc pistols westars are underpowered

Preston

Nerd
I fail to see how ee3 is op but I'm going to make my case nevertheless: primary fire=28 and sniper=100, uses quite a lot of ammo for just a single shot and it is very slow compared to proj rifle. If we're talking long range there's no reason why you should ever lose to ee3 as a hero, especially as, if I'm not mistaken, heroes only need armor 1 to survive a ee3 sniper shot and that's if they're not evading the shots in the first place with dodge.

The same goes for medium to short distances where the ee3 is just a standard rifle and most heroes carry the dreaded p3 on top of dash. Even worse is when, as I mentionned before Gumba, you just need to buy a single grenade to get a free kill against a mando since they're like turtles. 'Nade throw+Proj= insta death no matter what since the proj rifle will one shot any mando who does not have armor 3.

Imo ee3 is perfectly fine as it is.

One thing that I do have to say about mando is that the rocket I feel can be overly frustrating for one-life classes as Cat mentionned since, if there's no jedi, it's almost a guaranteed kill. Don't get me wrong it's fun as hell to used, especially when it comes to stealth rockets but the combination jetpack+rocket turnss mandos into elite suicide bombers.

In terms of what I think is op/frustrating overall is definitly the hero class that is the biggest toolbox in all of MBII, it's the fastest human class apart from mando(but then again mandos have fuel) and jedi when using speed yet it has a sniper rifle, has all the anti-sniper abilities like dodge, dash and for the sake of it just has heal. It also has p3 for close distances that packs a punch. If a hero knows how to use dash properly and carries a p3 it's like a weapon of mass destruction since the hero can shortly teleport through space while dealing some massive damage and has one of the fastest recovery.

I really feel like the bounty hunters got robbed on their way to the armory, they can't shotgun snipe like heroes since they have neither dash nor the grenade( or the quick throw if they ever feel like it). Sure the poison is really useful against jedis but imo practicing with dash and p3 does the trick already.
Agree with mosttttt of this stuff, but bh can still shotgun snipe pretty easily, but I guess dash does help with that. Also rockets do kinda suck, but they only really work on un suspecting clones who don't blob in time, cause heros can just dash towards the mando and just not get hit

very slow compared to proj rifle
First of many wrong points in your post, phew this is gonna be work for nothing again.
Proj is slower in almost every aspect other than bullet travel time. I don't know the exact numbers on this maybe a dev can help here.
Projectile Rifle is a very clunky weapon and requires a lot of practice to master(*caugh* firedelay *caugh*). Meanwhile ee3 has full movement while scoped, perfect accuracy while in the air(not pressing any movement button required, but that doesn't matter since the momentum you build up moves you anyway), the jumping shots always seem to hit and it has freaking quickscope double snipe.
heroes only need armor 1 to survive a ee3 sniper shot
Completely depends on where you hit. But a armor 1 hero wont survive a chest hit from ee3 snipe afaik.
Gumba, you just need to buy a single grenade to get a free kill against a mando
So I need to use 10 points only to kill one mando, that doesn't sound like a fair trade. Also mando will survive almost any shot even from proj when on the ground. He still has the "ET getup" which is the best one against gunners in my opinion. Since the hitbox you have while in the getup animation is almost non existent.
matter what since the proj rifle will one shot any mando who does not have armor 3
Armor 2 mandos will survive every proj shot unless hs. And if you hit anything else(hand,foot) proj will do almost no damage at all.
As I said countless times every hero that buys dodge in the current build is a fool. Waste of points unless you are against 3 ruptor gods.
or the quick throw if they ever feel like it
Since you obviously never played with quick throw here's the reason nobody plays it:
1. It costs 10 points to get the useful one
2. You can't quick throw and snipe anymore. The delay is just way too much.
3. Why waste the points on something you can do manually without the delay?
I really feel like the bounty hunters got robbed on their way to the armory, they can't shotgun snipe like heroes since they have neither dash nor the grenade
I don't think you grasp the concept of shotgunning. Have you even played before the patch that gave hero dash?
You will never ever dash shotgun somebody because the delay is way too much. A sith that is above trash tier will just push/pull/jump before you can pull the trigger.
The normal use of shotgun is when you are around a corner and scope before the sith comes around and you rip through his defences, which by the way ee3 sniper can do just as good as the proj.

Just the simple fact that you can quickscope doublesnipe and shoot like 6 normal shots after before reloading(which is also faster than the proj reload) and all that without much delay is what makes this weapon stupid in my opinion.

rage cyan purple deka sbd grip mind trick ions pistol 3 poison darts bounces are overpowered

proj heal sonics tracking darts m5 dexterity arc pistols westars are underpowered

Agree with almost everything but I don't think westars are underpowered, they have like 0 fp drain but are very good against gunners and have charged shot.
#bringbackpistolchargedshot

Last edited: