What things do you think are OP? People who play those things, why are they not?

I feel like people always bring up half (or more) of the stuff mb2 offers as OP, and if that is the case then nothing's OP.

I think the balance is pretty good, nothing is a guaranteed win card in the game, only in some situations. Example: quick deploy deka vs hero if hero is in the middle of DOTF's main, is basically a free kill for deka, just roll up in the hero's face, there's no cover for hero. Also ET, soldier, clone without ion, ARC without pulse can end up as a free kill for deka and not just at DOTF main, but in any place without proper cover. However if there are good covers then deka can't kill anyone, who can make use of it so deka can't simply be called OP, it's the outlaw class, functioning completely differently from the others.

As others have mentioned, wookie fury can be OP sometimes and it's beta nerf isn't a big a deal, if I remember correctly, only the fury bar depletes faster. Let's take an example to describe the beta nerf's impact: right now you can slaughter a room of imps in fed, then run with your whole fury bar to throne room and slaughter the imps there, with the beta nerf you won't make it to the throne room in fury because it runs out faster, but you still kill the imps in fed room the same way like before.

Soldiers are too good since close combat 2 was buffed, providing ET speed with guns, I agree with that. Still soldiers are fragile and generally die easily, so they can't be too OP. Yes, they can tank, I only use armor 1 or 2 and sometimes survive more shots than what I would expect.

I haven't played in a while so im assuming there is at-least 10 light-sabers on every team still.
Lightsabers kill everyone in one hit depending unless you are using blue, or are a wookie/sbd.
Health is meaningless to lightsabers, you can have 15 hp and it would not matter.

Soldiers have 3 respawns as their class ability, now get 3 other people to pick soldier and one person to pick elite/cmdr.
Make sure two of you have at-least 1 concussion grenade. And just camp the objective in a closely knit group. And you will win, a majority of the time.

Classes that have access to heavy explosives or have snipining abilities are the only real counter to that group besides 10 people spamming their F keys because people still believe push is balanced in this version.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
haven't played in a while so im assuming there is at-least 10 light-sabers on every team still.
It doesn't happen that often anymore and when my friends and I play, we always try to balance the Jedi/Gun ratio. Usually there still are more Jedi than I would like on my team though. :/

uh oh, and @BigBossBigTeef people actually think push is balanced in every version, since its never changed xd

Some people. Some people don't:)

I want a new score tabulator. Not kills, not assists, but overall damage. Maybe exclude nades, thermals, rockets.
That way, we can see over time and on average, just how much damage the same player does with different guns:)

It doesn't happen that often anymore and when my friends and I play, we always try to balance the Jedi/Gun ratio. Usually there still are more Jedi than I would like on my team though. :/
Yeah if you can organize your team to go soldier, with a few people as elites.
You will win every round. Especially if 3 to 4 people out of 16 people are full grenade kits and can just spam them.

The game balance rips itself apart when there appears to be a total of 6 to 8 people being the same class. You can apply that to all the classes really. My goal is when I get a stable income is to host my own server and set class limits so every team is forced to be diverse, and ill just copy the aod rotation map list because I like thier map list the most. If it becomes popular, ill see if I can host a EU server as well though I doubt it will become popular at all seeing as AOD controls the NA community players.

It will be the only private server that isn't admin'd by clanners, and I will go out of my way to make sure of that.
Only bigteef circle jerking would be allowed instead of clan circle jerking.
Until then I stress people play on the officials if you feel you are suffering from badminning or aboose in general.

You actually have a voice here unlike other places.

Last edited:
Didn't we do this already?

There was that event classes vs classes. Clones vs Sbds ugh:)
Pretty much showed what good players can do and how hard it is for some players to play one class effectively against another.

Dumb it down: Some were easy enough, others hard. Tough love.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
1: Gloan (Potentially, unbeatable if you can aim your blobs properly)

2: Wookiee (Defeats every other gunner class at medium and short range, cancels out Sith, can kite forever.)

3: Purple Style

4: Red Style

5: Full combo swing blocking (Spam anyone?)

6: Hero (Seriously, dodge, dash, heals? It is like the ultimate anti-gunner/sith counter. Whether they're OP or not depends on how much room they have to maneuver, and how good the person is using it)

7: Pull 3 (if you can use it properly, pull 3 is ridiculously strong for eliminating any gunner class, except Wook/SBD obv)

8: P3 (Too much damage for how accurate it is, and how fast it fires)

9: SBD (Annoying to deal with, requires serious build adaptation, but it isn't as bad as Wookiee)

10: Poison Darts (Too easy to land for how strong they are)

If non-soldier/elite/commander gunners were nerfed substantially, I'd be fine with Jedi/Sith not being able to push 3/pull 3 knock over gunners just for running. However, it'd feel like the force would be super underpowered at that point.

If fire rates were reduced on all weapons so they took more skill to aim, and damages were increased greatly (To say, 1 shot kill with a headshot from E-11 primary, and 2 shot kill to the chest), then I'd be far happier with nerfing Jedi/Sith, because then the environment would be far more receptive to skill-gaps. Buuuut, you'd also need a way to heal yourself.

Last edited:

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
@{Δ} Achilles I agree with your ideas, but I don't think they would work in MBII. There are just too many factors that can unbalance the things you mentioned even more.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Most likely the truth. There will always be someone to bitch and moan about something in game.

^

There are people that like to think some things are balanced or unbalanced that are entirely based off personal play styles or assumptions rather than fact. A game developer won't ever be able to please everyone. For example, I hate shotguns and mines. They're usually super easy to use and in the case of mines more or less grant free kills without exposing someone to the enemy. That doesn't mean in for example Dirty Bomb they aren't balanced (they are balanced but annoying pieces of crap instead) but a lot of people would make that argument on something like that just because of personal preferences.

What kinds of things in Movie Battles do you personally think are over powered and why? People who play those things, why do you feel that they are not? Please refrain from insulting each other, I just want to see. Here's a list of things from top to bottom of what I have heard in game as being OP. These are not my personal opinions, they are what I have gathered.

OP Shit:
  1. Wookie
  2. Super Battle Droid
  3. Red Lightsaber Style
  4. Droideka
  5. Cyan Lightsaber Style
  6. Sniper
  7. Mandalorian
  8. Jedi/Sith
  9. Force Push
  10. Force Choke
Feel free to talk about the above as well. Maybe they aren't OP! I thought this would be interesting and I would love to know what you guys think!

As a Deka-centered player (well at least started as one, now I'm much more versatile but Deka is still my main man...) I can say that in the current version of Movie Battles 2, Droideka has been balanced out quite nicely.

To start of, if you're playing in open firepower 3 is a must, so you can already say goodbye to that huge amount of points just to be able to kill something.

After that point mentioned there are two "general" builds used by everyone that I like to name The Sentry and The Hunter because of their playstile, I will make a brief wall-of-texty explanation of both builds and how they generally work, then point out their major weaknesses that stop them from ever being as OP as a say Melee Fury Wookiee (Srlsy, the wook itself is not OP, it's quite balanced given that he's suppossed to be Reb's muscle, it is the Fury skill that is unbalanced af).

The Sentry is that Firepower 3, Shield Projector 2/3, Shield Strength 2/3, but no upgrades at Hull Strength at all Deka that is so common nowadays.
Centered in suppressing fire, keeping that shield up and tight corners. This is the deka that will always be on a defensive look-out, searching for a tight corridor where to ambush a whole rebel team, the side corridor of DOTF is a great example about how Sentry Dekas can be killy af with FP3, as a jedi in that corridor you're pretty much f*cked if you have already made it half-way through and one of these comes out. Paired with repulse it effectively makes you the best anti-jedi unit ingame, sadly once your shield is done for you're dead, as you don't have health to resist -anything- and you're too slow to move away from the field of fire without going into roll mode, and going into roll mode aside from taking time will kill you at double speed (Double damage). Also any style but cyan and blue (which will cost you your shield anyways) will kill you one hit.

The Hunter is a firepower 3, Shield projector 0/1/2, Shield Strength 2/3, Maxed out Hull Strength Deka with Quick Roll. BEWARE: QUICK ROLL AS IT IS NOW IS BUGGED, You will always exit of roll mode, but entering into roll mode will only work 1/2 of the times whilst you use Quick Roll if you're recieving damage/shooting/moving.
The maxed out health upgrade takes away your double damage whilst rolling debuff, so that's a bonus to spam rolls around. A deka with Health 3 can also tank 1 yellow hit at full health... at the cost of his shield. Not like it matters because in this set the shield is used just for that, it's a free "get out from jail card". This deka set is more centered on evading and flanking from behind with tremendous firepower, but as your health pool doesn't regen as shield does, the Quick Roll skill is, as mentioned before, bugged and it needs to move around to be useful at all, it tends to die more often and is less useful for defensive purposes.

>Q: How does this make the Deka not OP?
>A: As you might have seen I answered a few of the bits myself for each of the two most common ways to play Deka and the fact that quick-roll is bugged autobalances any build using it itself, in most cases you will be using quick roll to -ESCAPE- from a bad situation. and it won't work. This set is the nightmare of non-mobile gunner teams as it can come from anywhere, but a jedi will make short work of him, without repulse you're centered on keeping the distance, the closer he gets the less chances of survival you have.

The repulse sentry deka is the perfect jedi killer, yes, in fact Droidekas were made to be a challenge for jedis, but, and this is a big but, is weak against gunners, specially clone ion blobs/ARC EMPs, your inability to tank with your health makes you very dependant of the shield, the moment it is gone it's over. Also, repulsing will disable the droideka's shield for as long as he is repulsing (as if he had been EMP'd for 1,5 seconds), meaning that a well timed snipe will kill you.

Also every deka can be killed easily by a non-soldier class by bassically doing circles around it and spamming your blaster. Easier for Heroes because move-speed (Repulse might help you if you see it will push the gunner into a corner where you can gun them down and they can't do circles around you any longer, but the general shield points cost and the fact that you will loose health for the 1,5 seconds repulse takes it often makes a non-recommendable course of action)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
@Mechaelite Honestly, Deka is perfectly demonstrably fine to me. A lot of people whine about it, but it is super situational, and super easy to kill as a Jedi. Imo SBD is also fairly fine without the cheese-armors. Bounty Hunter is probably the strongest class on Imps, and only because P3+Darts. Yet BH is still weaker than Hero.

Personally, I think Rebels just have a huge class advantage. Gloan, Wook, and Hero is pretty much all I usually see.

@Mechaelite Honestly, Deka is perfectly demonstrably fine to me. A lot of people whine about it, but it is super situational, and super easy to kill as a Jedi. Imo SBD is also fairly fine without the cheese-armors. Bounty Hunter is probably the strongest class on Imps, and only because P3+Darts. Yet BH is still weaker than Hero.

Personally, I think Rebels just have a huge class advantage. Gloan, Wook, and Hero is pretty much all I usually see.

I feel like a lot of people underestimate the Arc Troopers ability to kill Sith and various gunners. That being said, it only adds to your idea of the rebels having the class advantage. It feels like Rebels are the more "agile, quick sharp shooter" type classes, where as Imps (Other than Mandalorian and sith) are very grounded and rely on being able to sit in the back without anyone hopping on them. Imps definitely need some class changes to add some mobility to add to one of them.

Arc and jedi are the only classes that can move fast on rebels.
The imps have droidkas, mandos, and sith.

Imps far more mobility than the rebels, because nobody can replicate what bounty hunters do on the rebel team.
And jedi are the only class that can somewhat match the speed of a rolling droidka.

Rebels need more maneuverability, not the other way around.