Suggestions for 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed

1) Change the sabre system back to the better 1.4 or earlier

2) Remove the commands that admins often abuse, such as mute and settkpoints

3)Add force destruction to open

4)Add the grappel hook from FA to open (perhaps for the Mandalorian or ARC). I've suggested this before.

5)Re-add the purple stab but without the bugginess (people walking into the stab after the initial thrust being repelled)

6)Add assists to the scoreboard like Lampart suggested

7)Give speed to the Sith class and grip to Jedi

8)Improve Sense 1 to what it was before the massive nerf

9)Buff mindtrick

10)Remove damage reduction from Jedi and Sith (but only is change #1 is implemented, no need to make Jedi and Sith too weak)

11)Remove flinch

12)Change the manda wrist blaster to what it was in 1.3

13)Add white lightsabres for Jedi. Everytime this is suggested the same person (they will probably comment in this thread) complains that it will make sith and jedi indistinguishable. This is clearly nonsense, and there is no good reason not to have a white lightsabre. In some versions of A new Hope (I think VHS and laserdisc maybe) Luke has a white lightsabre. White sabres are also in the cartoons and probably the comics. And if they're ''not canon'', then neither are half the skins in the game.

14) Remove cyan class

lBTzTj9.jpg

Also if you want a serious answer refer to Tempest's post, he commented the absolutely retarded ideas with a no for a reason.

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Suggestions for future updates.
Team must be like:

bX7b1XM.gif

I'll do my part and give some heroic suggestions.

1) Revert to saber on saber blocking and none of this camera crap:) Camera block Stifles your ability to block multiple saber attackers. I used to like fighting 3 on 1. Now I feel if you're not pb'ing you might as well just be spamming against them.

2) Remove bp drains/force drains from cartwheels. Add bp bonus to attacks executed right after acrobatic. Aesthetics. Plus, style. Be cool.

3)Speed lunge - expand on it. Sideways speed lunge, speed carthwheel! Force speed jump straight up, etc. Remember Dark Forces 2 Jump? You'd shoot up high and fast? Let speed/jump combo launch you like a catapult. Sith trying to escape by jumping up to a higher platform? Speed jump to knock him down. Also with mandos.:) Before you say use speed lunge, speed lunge has a locked mobility that you can't move up past a certain point.

Or, just give speed lunge the ability to lunge straight up high into the air. Like an angel.

4)Stun function add-on for e-11. Consumes most of your ammo, temporarily slows a target's movespeed by half. Well, I guess its less a stun and more of a slow.

5)Specialized ammo for Snipers. 3 types to enhance one sniper bullet with toggle 2 - 1 ammo enhancement - Flame Sniper Bullet. Sets the target on fire. You obviously wouldn't use this against low hp opponents. For wooks and jedi/sith. They block, still get caught ablaze.
2nd ammo type - bounce bullet. Exactly as it sounds. 3 - Poison bullet with visual distortion, classic poison:) You can only pick 1 ammo type enhancement and it only works for one shot.

6) Remote Detonation Bomb - Not a mine, but a bomb you need to be close enough to detonate. Placement? Anywhere you can stick it to. If possible, that includes teammates. Sticky Bomb.

7) Wook Rage Roar - Rage 2 wook with fill rage bar can Rage Roar - Sonic effect, prevents fleshy players from attacking.

8) Deka Jetpack - The only legit reason you would ever play deka.

9)Poison Smoke Bomb/frag/nade/whatever - Doesn't do any explosive dmg, just disperses the poison in a certain radius and anyone caught or running into it gets poisoned.

10)Flash nades - Limit their range so only one person or players grouped closely together would be effected. Same as in fa efx.

11) Sbd Arm Cannon - Fa secondary fire blast that can knock down a target, half ammo consumption.

12) Lightning Repulse - Exactly as it sounds.

13) Arc Laser Point Lock-on - you can lock on a target/area and then as long as there aren't any obstacles, 1st rocket fire goes to that target location regardless where you aim launcher. Ex. Dotf Main doors, you lock it in. aim at the CW, rocket goes up and then goes down to where you locked it. Lock resets after every reload.

14) Dud nades - Fake nades that you throw, that don't explode, that don't do anything except provide a distraction, alarm, fear and panic. Obviously cheaper in cost than an actual nade that goes boom

t(-_-)t
I like #1. It'd be more interesting instead of me flailing to pb.

I like #1. It'd be more interesting instead of me flailing to pb.
Is that what changed with sabers you have to move your camera? No wonder why sabering as been so bad for me lately. I didn't know you have to move your camera now for sabering. I only use my camera to spam swings.

Used to be all you had to do was position your saber to meet theirs, get the angle right. Simple, clean, intuitive.
But apparently the 5% of it that was random didn't suit well with some crazy duel fanatics.

Now its fixed points you have to aim, irrespective of where your saber meets theirs for the most part. Visual guacamole I call it.

Here are the points more or less you have to aim for depending on their swing type.

sEjsfza.jpg

Do note fighting/blocking against more than one person got that much harder for the player being attacked and that much easier for the mongrel herd.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Zed, your account wasn't bugged, instead it had turned on the "Discouraged" feature, which, quoting:
"Makes the forum laggy with random errors for the user, encouraging them to leave the forum and go troll somewhere else".

DCM

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It was not clean nor intuitive. For years I was under the assumption, as were most from what I saw, that you looked into the direction to PB the attack, when this was never the case. Having the actual PB based on saber collision sounds nice, sure, but in practice is terrible as it lead to dual sabers having almost perfect PB capabilities for side hits, red having none at all, and for the rest, to PB you simply had to walk back and look horizontal, as that would usually result in the sabers colliding. Now you have a system that depends on the individual's skill to PB through looking at the correct angle, and is a common property shared by all styles.

Zed

Haha what a great joke Helix! You are so funny!
Zed, your account wasn't bugged, instead it had turned on the "Discouraged" feature, which, quoting:
"Makes the forum laggy with random errors for the user, encouraging them to leave the forum and go troll somewhere else".
joke

Zed

The joke is completely delusional idiots like you on the dev team who keep making the game worse and worse.

And I don't like you.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Saying 'no' like a snarky redditor isn't an argument.
Maybe it isn't, but creating a thread full of arguments those were already discussed isn't a best idea, too.
You simply ignored everything that was said in previous threads, and started a huge duplicated topic.
Do you really think your suggestions may pass if you just put them in one single thread instead of keeping discussing in existing topics?
2) Remove the commands that admins often abuse, such as mute and settkpoints
Suggestion: Remove abused admin commands
4)Add the grappel hook from FA to open (perhaps for the Mandalorian or ARC). I've suggested this before.
ARC Grappel Hook?
6)Add assists to the scoreboard like Lampart suggested
Assists on scoreboard
7)Give speed to the Sith class
Give speed back to Sith, thx
9)Buff mindtrick
About Mindtrick
10)Remove damage reduction from Jedi and Sith (but only is change #1 is implemented, no need to make Jedi and Sith too weak)
The return of damage reduction
13)Add white lightsabres for Jedi. Everytime this is suggested the same person (they will probably comment in this thread) complains that it will make sith and jedi indistinguishable. This is clearly nonsense, and there is no good reason not to have a white lightsabre. In some versions of A new Hope (I think VHS and laserdisc maybe) Luke has a white lightsabre. White sabres are also in the cartoons and probably the comics. And if they're ''not canon'', then neither are half the skins in the game.
What about White Lightsaber?
Additional saber colors for Sith
Haha what a great joke Helix! You are so funny!
joke
That feature does actually exist in XenForo, and local admins are aware about it:
Downtime, Cause and Consequences
Discouraging and Banning | XenForo
Discouraged Users

Zed

Puppytime I think you have a bit too much time on your hands if my suggestions triggered you this much. Go outside. Breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.