Suggestions for 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zed

1) Change the sabre system back to the better 1.4 or earlier

2) Remove the commands that admins often abuse, such as mute and settkpoints

3)Add force destruction to open

4)Add the grappel hook from FA to open (perhaps for the Mandalorian or ARC). I've suggested this before.

5)Re-add the purple stab but without the bugginess (people walking into the stab after the initial thrust being repelled)

6)Add assists to the scoreboard like Lampart suggested

7)Give speed to the Sith class and grip to Jedi

8)Improve Sense 1 to what it was before the massive nerf

9)Buff mindtrick

10)Remove damage reduction from Jedi and Sith (but only is change #1 is implemented, no need to make Jedi and Sith too weak)

11)Remove flinch

12)Change the manda wrist blaster to what it was in 1.3

13)Add white lightsabres for Jedi. Everytime this is suggested the same person (they will probably comment in this thread) complains that it will make sith and jedi indistinguishable. This is clearly nonsense, and there is no good reason not to have a white lightsabre. In some versions of A new Hope (I think VHS and laserdisc maybe) Luke has a white lightsabre. White sabres are also in the cartoons and probably the comics. And if they're ''not canon'', then neither are half the skins in the game.

14) Remove cyan class

lBTzTj9.jpg

No offense Zed but any1 who has played this game 5 years and up can see that your suggestions are just too naive.
He may be wrong, but saying "No" without any reason why is still a bad idea.
Like even a brief sentence will suffice.

I am for the damage reduction removal and just giving jedi a health boost.
No comment on the saber styles though.
I was going to pick green when I do pick up the class because green is my favorite color.
(GREEN IZ BEST)

But if thats getting removed then sticking to yellow would be a better idea.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
He may be wrong, but saying "No" without any reason why is still a bad idea.
Like even a brief sentence will suffice.

I am for the damage reduction removal and just giving jedi a health boost.
No comment on the saber styles though.
I was going to pick green when I do pick up the class because green is my favorite color.
(GREEN IZ BEST)

But if thats getting removed then sticking to yellow would be a better idea.
His short and nonexplained suggestions got nonexplained short answers.

Suggestions for future updates.
Team must be like:

bX7b1XM.gif

I'll do my part and give some heroic suggestions.

1) Revert to saber on saber blocking and none of this camera crap:) Camera block Stifles your ability to block multiple saber attackers. I used to like fighting 3 on 1. Now I feel if you're not pb'ing you might as well just be spamming against them.

2) Remove bp drains/force drains from cartwheels. Add bp bonus to attacks executed right after acrobatic. Aesthetics. Plus, style. Be cool.

3)Speed lunge - expand on it. Sideways speed lunge, speed carthwheel! Force speed jump straight up, etc. Remember Dark Forces 2 Jump? You'd shoot up high and fast? Let speed/jump combo launch you like a catapult. Sith trying to escape by jumping up to a higher platform? Speed jump to knock him down. Also with mandos.:) Before you say use speed lunge, speed lunge has a locked mobility that you can't move up past a certain point.

Or, just give speed lunge the ability to lunge straight up high into the air. Like an angel.

4)Stun function add-on for e-11. Consumes most of your ammo, temporarily slows a target's movespeed by half. Well, I guess its less a stun and more of a slow.

5)Specialized ammo for Snipers. 3 types to enhance one sniper bullet with toggle 2 - 1 ammo enhancement - Flame Sniper Bullet. Sets the target on fire. You obviously wouldn't use this against low hp opponents. For wooks and jedi/sith. They block, still get caught ablaze.
2nd ammo type - bounce bullet. Exactly as it sounds. 3 - Poison bullet with visual distortion, classic poison:) You can only pick 1 ammo type enhancement and it only works for one shot.

6) Remote Detonation Bomb - Not a mine, but a bomb you need to be close enough to detonate. Placement? Anywhere you can stick it to. If possible, that includes teammates. Sticky Bomb.

7) Wook Rage Roar - Rage 2 wook with fill rage bar can Rage Roar - Sonic effect, prevents fleshy players from attacking.

8) Deka Jetpack - The only legit reason you would ever play deka.

9)Poison Smoke Bomb/frag/nade/whatever - Doesn't do any explosive dmg, just disperses the poison in a certain radius and anyone caught or running into it gets poisoned.

10)Flash nades - Limit their range so only one person or players grouped closely together would be effected. Same as in fa efx.

11) Sbd Arm Cannon - Fa secondary fire blast that can knock down a target, half ammo consumption.

12) Lightning Repulse - Exactly as it sounds.

13) Arc Laser Point Lock-on - you can lock on a target/area and then as long as there aren't any obstacles, 1st rocket fire goes to that target location regardless where you aim launcher. Ex. Dotf Main doors, you lock it in. aim at the CW, rocket goes up and then goes down to where you locked it. Lock resets after every reload.

14) Dud nades - Fake nades that you throw, that don't explode, that don't do anything except provide a distraction, alarm, fear and panic. Obviously cheaper in cost than an actual nade that goes boom:)

15) Recorder - 2 recordings that you can place with primary or secondary fire. One is the sound of blasters, the other sabers. Like a mine, it would go off, confusing people and shit:)

I can do this all day. But I'll stop for now. You will of course implement all these suggestions.

y3R4Bww.gif

Soon.
t(-_-)t

Zed

Gargos that is complete BS, I gave perfectly good suggestions and him replying 'No' with no reason why is ridiculous. And also you playing for 5 years means nothing. I've been playing for 2 and a half which is perfectly long enough to know the game. The only reason the changes are 'naive' is that the devs would rather eat their firstborn children than admit they made a mistake

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Gargos that is complete BS, I gave perfectly good suggestions and him replying 'No' with no reason why is ridiculous. And also you playing for 5 years means nothing. I've been playing for 2 and a half which is perfectly long enough to know the game. The only reason the changes are 'naive' is that the devs would rather eat their firstborn children than admit they made a mistake
I said 5 years and up, didn't say I've been playing 5 years. In fact I've played over 10 years and just made a point that anywhere around 5 and up could see that your points are just silly.

And to add there, those 10 years are from mb2 alone, I already had 3 years of jka to buff that. What I am saying that only few players can grasp this game in such level in 2,5 years only, that they could come up with sensible changes without sounding completely biased. Your opening post is poorly made and just sounds like you're disliking the fact that in 1.4 you cannot get your default rush and swing kill anymore due to flinch. It actually takes something to kill that gunner now and that is exactly how it is supposed to be (Right now I prefer to play jedi/sith more than ever due to it taking more skill to win)

Last edited:
that they could come up with sensible changes without sounding completely biased.
Like me! :D

For the people crit crit 'ing about flinch and high rof weapons. Behold the genius that is I!

Behold!!

Cooldown for flinch. You'd have to get it to the right 0.XXX second so slower rate of fire weaposn would be unaffected. But fp3 sbds, cloner3 or deka fp3 would only be able to flinch....ran out of words. I need a dictionary!

Behold!!

:( Still nothing.

Oh wait, learn to move like a butterfly, sting like a bee?
:cool:

I never really understood the whole butterfly thing. Dumb people with nets chasing after them?
Can of bug spray and a lighter. Problem solved.

Not sure what you guys argue about. These suggested changes are so stupid its almost funny.

Also zed, weren't you permabanned from the offical servers+ forums?

Zed

That is such bs. Anyone can grasp the game in 2.5 years, you don't have some special understanding just because you played the game longer. And yes I am biased- I don't like the update. That's the reason I posted my suggestions. Most people seem to dislike the update, but that never stops you from squeezing each one through like constipated crap. And gunners could always easily kill Jedi, no need to nerf them at all. Playing for 10 years really seems to have made you very arrogant when really it doesn't mean much. People can grasp the game in a few months if they wanted to. By your logic learning to speak Ancient Greek is easier than learning MB2.

After 2.5 years I do have a good grasp of the game and I say what nearly everybody in the servers are saying (rather than just the forums) which is that the dueling has got worse and worse and worse over the years. Everybody sees this but the devs are too arrogant to take a step back and go 'hmm, really makes me think''. And by saying that everybody who hasn't played for years and years doesn't understand the game is insulting to most of the playerbase.

A|so, you responded to just one of my suggestions and used that to pretend that all my suggestions were terrible when most of them make sense.

I said 5 years and up, didn't say I've been playing 5 years. In fact I've played over 10 years and just made a point that anywhere around 5 and up could see that your points are just silly.

And to add there, those 10 years are from mb2 alone, I already had 3 years of jka to buff that. What I am saying that only few players can grasp this game in such level in 2,5 years only, that they could come up with sensible changes without sounding completely biased. Your opening post is poorly made and just sounds like you're disliking the fact that in 1.4 you cannot get your default rush and swing kill anymore due to flinch. It actually takes something to kill that gunner now and that is exactly how it is supposed to be (Right now I prefer to play jedi/sith more than ever due to it taking more skill to win)

Zed

Nope I wasn't perma banned. I tried making a new account because on this account the forums take ages to load for some reason and was banned for a few weeks and then took a break from mb2 for 4 months or so. I wouldn't mind this account being deleted if it means I can make one that doesn't lag terribly, last time i did that i was banned for 'sockpuppeting' even though I made it clear that the only reason I made a new account is that this one is bugged or something.

Also, calling something stupid isn't an argument at all. And you'd have to be delusional to think that more people prefer 1.4 to older builds

Not sure what you guys argue about. These suggested changes are so stupid its almost funny.
Also zed, weren't you permabanned from the offical servers+ forums?[/QUOTE

ITT: I don't like this and that, please change.
While we're at it making open mode such a memery why don't we go full jka style and add stormtrooper jedi and shit? You can cry all you want, people shitting on 1.4 are people who refused to try and give it a chance and now cry about "good old times". No One bitches about it anymore because they either tried it out or ran away crying. That makes you with your meme changes like grappling hook or le wacky wicked white saber XDDDDDD vs Pretty much everyone.

Zed

It's funny how you typed so much crap without making a single point. Also, nice flaming.
ITT: I don't like this and that, please change.
While we're at it making open mode such a memery why don't we go full jka style and add stormtrooper jedi and shit? You can cry all you want, people shitting on 1.4 are people who refused to try and give it a chance and now cry about "good old times". No One bitches about it anymore because they either tried it out or ran away crying. That makes you with your meme changes like grappling hook or le wacky wicked white saber XDDDDDD vs Pretty much everyone.
It's funny how you managed to type so much crap without making any point at all. Quite impressive

Zed

It's called a suggestion thread. There is an entire section for feedback on the forums. No need to cry because people have other opinions than you. And by the way, your name goes against the forum rules for being offensive. Just a quick heads up :)

Also, you complain about ''meme changes'' when your profile picture and name is from a /pol/ meme. And there is nothing wrong with suggesting little additions to the game. Not sure how a grappling hook or a white sabre is a meme anyway.
I made a point. You don't like some things and you want the devs to change everything to suit your tastes. That's not going to happen.

Wut? His name? Wut?

Well, to be fair. You're confusing game skill with experience and knowledge.
10 year'ers, year'ers lol, more like 12 at this point, have played nearly every mb2 build/iteration.

The mechanics have changed, different class balances - the result - 10 year'ers have a broader understanding of what works and what doesn't.
Because they actually played it or something close enough or just sheer experience facing different class combos, builds, strategies.

You might be just as good as everyone else in the current build, but that doesn't give you the same depth of understanding as people that have experienced all the crap they've tweaked, twisted, massacred over the years. RIP GRIP.

Plus everybody that's played that long has become old and recalcitrant. They're in the rocking chair holding a shotgun to chase off young whippersnappers like you.:D

I'm the exception. I'm coming for you Gargos! Teach a ginger to shoot, who sinned against God?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Like me! :D

For the people crit crit 'ing about flinch and high rof weapons. Behold the genius that is I!
I am not saying flinch is perfect, but is definitely taking mb2 into right direction. Needs tweaks especially against sbd and deka (maybe cr3 too but I still havent felt that gun being as big of a threat as ppl make it out to be).

I actually don't care about flinch. I just enjoy providing ideas to the void.

Worthless I suppose, much like life when faced against the backdrop of Oblivion.
Way to be dark and depressing. It's true, the carrot colored do suck out your soul!

Zed

Ok lets leave flinch out of it then. People haven't really commented on my other suggestions though, and it would be nice to see other people's thoughts rather than just calling them memes or just saying 'no'

Status
Not open for further replies.