Puppytine's farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this martyr move of hoarding enough warning points for a ban after not liking the new forum rules truly proves that the devs have made a deal with the devil and Spag = literally Hitler. :eek:

It isn't necessarily an issue with the new rules. Clearly individuals from both sides of that (stupid) but heated debate are coming together to discuss something far more important.

I would also like to clarify that the developers do not merit petty insults because of this. Honestly, this is just the enforcement of clearly stated rules.

However, it is strongly suggested that the developers attempt to mend this situation.

Losing Puppytine over something so silly truly is a shame.

Last edited:

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Losing Puppytine over something so silly truly is a shame.
Oh I totally agree on that, it's super silly. Bottom line is that his opinions and concerns were listened to and discussed in a civil manner for pages and pages and pages by the dev leadership. Just not 100% agreed with, which caused him to want to leave the whole community apparently. Yes, it's him leaving out of his own will even though he attempted to make it look like the devs are the villains here.

Oh I totally agree on that, it's super silly. Bottom line is that his opinions and concerns were listened to and discussed in a civil manner for pages and pages and pages by the dev leadership. Just not 100% agreed with, which caused him to want to leave the whole community apparently. Yes, it's him leaving out of his own will even though he attempted to make it look like the devs are the villains here.
but you only banned him after 321414212 warnings. bad lerv

How can he still log in if he is banned? He is online right now:

Screenshot_1.png

Or does ban only mean you can't interact?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Havent really followed this "meme war" either on discord nor forums so maybe I have missed something but havent this gone a bit too far? I do not think that some edgy memes in off topic is going to do more harm than losing one of the guys that is doing phenomenal work (Know by experience) in the support section? I think it will hurt more when new players ask how to fix this sh*t and nobody answers.

Just give the edgelords their own turf where they can post edgy stuff that only registered people can access. How will that hurt anybody?

Ps. Thanks for the honor mention

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
well i hope they ask him to come back, he doesnt deserve this.

If I read any more of these ignorant posts I'll have a stroke. You're killing me.

Let's dumb it down:

a) Puppytine is not banned, he has a week's suspension (as per Forums Rules / Code of Conduct )
b) Puppytine repeatedly stated he will keep posting against the rules on purpose cause he wants to be suspended. That's what he did, that's what happened.
c) Puppytine said when his suspension expires, he will make sure he is suspended again by continuing to break the forum rules.
d) The dev team (and I personally) spent a lot of time and effort in public and in private talking to him, discussing, explaining, trying to convince him to calm down, and stay as a Support Partner. His title wasn't removed at all through the 2 months of his drama and dev bashing.
e) Puppytine instead decided to play this ridiculous martyr game of "I'll get myself banned by breaking rules and it will be the dev's fault they banned me simply by enforcing their own rules!".
f) One can easily conclude from the above that if someone doesn't want Puppytine here and doesn't want him supporting the mod, then that's Puppytine himself.
g) Everything above is so blatantly obvious reading things like "Puppytine doesn't deserve a ban, devs should ask him to come back" makes me look like this:

51040598.jpg

h) Yes, I've gotten to the point of posting memes.

tl;dr: Leaving was Puppy's decision. Please put two and two together and stop giving me aneurysms.

Edit:

Havent really followed this "meme war" either on discord nor forums so maybe I have missed something but havent this gone a bit too far? I do not think that some edgy memes in off topic is going to do more harm than losing one of the guys that is doing phenomenal work (Know by experience) in the support section? I think it will hurt more when new players ask how to fix this sh*t and nobody answers.

Just give the edgelords their own turf where they can post edgy stuff that only registered people can access. How will that hurt anybody?

Ps. Thanks for the honor mention

So, in other words, you want Puppytine to dictate forum policy because he does good support work and because he refuses to continue supporting without edgy memes.

Sorry Gargoulini, you've got this completely upside down. Nobody stops Puppytine from continuing with forum support, except himself. The two aren't related in any way other than through his own reactions and decisions. Again:

double-facepalm-when-one-facepalm-simply-isnt-enough.jpg

Last edited:
Dear MBII Community,

The MBII development team has spent a great deal of time talking with Puppytine on this issue. We respect him for the work he has done, and as a result have not banned him or removed his title as a Support Partner. Despite our best efforts to amend this issue over the course of two months, it has become quite clear that Puppytine is not interested in complying with our new policies and posting guidelines. There is no easy solution to this issue, but I would like to assure the community that we are working on a permanent solution.

Relax,

The MBII Team

Thank you for kindly easing our concerns.

Last edited:

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
tl;dr: Leaving was Puppy's decision. Please put two and two together and stop giving me aneurysms.
Completely agree. I like puppytine personally, but he got himself banned. Devs are not being assholes, they’re enforcing the rules that apply to everyone. It doesn’t matter whether you do good work or not, the rules apply to everyone. If puppytine is unhappy with the way the forums are run, then he could easily just leave without giving the devs a middle finger. He chose to disobey the rules. He chose to get banned. Don’t blame the devs for him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.