Poison Dart Visual Effect

Kaj

[So, I did do a search and I didn't see anything about this, but sorry if this is in the wrong place, or someone already mentioned it.]
So I noticed in the descriptions and such of the Poison Dart for BH that it drains HP/FP, and 'distorts vision', but all I see it do is add a green visual effect to people, which is hardly a type of distortion.

So, is it just me, or does everyone think it should do a screen-warping effect like if you got pricked by the interrogation droids in Jedi Outcast?

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
It use to distort the vision, but there was a bug where the screenshake was determined by the players fps. So the distort effect was removed a build or so ago

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The removal of it really makes poison dart useless now IMO.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
The removal of it really makes poison dart useless now IMO.
Halting FP drain for a good deal of time on top of 20 free damage is far from useless. The visual effect was useless against many players anyway. It wasn't reliable unless you knew the player you were targeting plays with low FPS. You could also just switch to first person to negate it completely.

TBH it was a really awful feature that didn't make a lot of sense anyway. Something like the interrogation droid effect would be better, but poison doesn't really need anything else.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I personally didn't like the addition of the disorientation effect. In any case, the way it was implemented the effect was tied directly to framerate from what I understand, so until we figure out exactly how to emulate the same effect in a different way the disorientate won't be returning.

It isn't really necessary for poison darts, because as StarWarsGeek stated it's 21 damage (the prick and the damage over time) and the halting of any FP regeneration is a pretty big deal.

What we need is...more poison! Different poison!

What about a new poison dart that does the dmg over time, but doesn't stop force regen! You keep on regenerating. Instead, it just prevents you from using force powers, including force jump. Think like when you pick up the remote on tatooine.

There's your disorientation. The poor jedi can't focus because he's sick:)

I'm a genius!

And against gunners - unsteadies their aim! e-11 3 becomes e-11 2. Pistols fire crooked. Snipers shoot themselves. Nades - uve been poisoned, ur arm throw is halved!

Poison! Poison! Poison!

Some different kind of disorientation effect would be neat. Kinda like that one in jedi outcast single player. I used to just bind this one camera command to a key and hold the key when poisoned, and all I had to do was walk to a BH who expected me to be completely useless due to the poison, then slash them when they didn't know any better.

Personally I like it better now that BHs poison me and then start shooting at me instead of pretending that I can't do anything anymore and just act like any poisoned jedi is a defenseless sheep.

I wouldn't mind a poison that forced your HUD to read out incorrect/changing values of your health, armour, ammo and resource. That, and made it so you would only hear one pain sound so that you could not gauge your health, or anyone else's by the damage tiered sounds. Would be pretty funky

I personally didn't like the addition of the disorientation effect. In any case, the way it was implemented the effect was tied directly to framerate from what I understand, so until we figure out exactly how to emulate the same effect in a different way the disorientate won't be returning.

It isn't really necessary for poison darts, because as StarWarsGeek stated it's 21 damage (the prick and the damage over time) and the halting of any FP regeneration is a pretty big deal.

Make the poison invert peoples controls.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I had considered this for concussion grenades, since they don't really... concuss anything. They just do damage. It isn't something I'd like to see return to poison darts, though.

Preston

Nerd
I had considered this for concussion grenades, since they don't really... concuss anything. They just do damage. It isn't something I'd like to see return to poison darts, though.
Wait considerd inverting controls for concs? Ir a distortion effect?

Would people loose frames from a black and white filter?
Cause im thinking poison takes away color from peoples screen, and make it harder to distinguish friendlies.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Wait considerd inverting controls for concs? Ir a distortion effect?
Both, but given one is broken and the other isn't inverting controls beat out the disorientation effect.

Preston

Nerd
And if we do nothing, concussions are just a fancy name for "lower damage frag grenade". :^)
Well i mean its been like that forever. Im fine with a distortion effect. But I am most definetly nkt okay with inverse controls for concs

And if we do nothing, concussions are just a fancy name for "lower damage frag grenade". :^)
"lower damage nade that can be cooked to explode immediately on someone causing a knockdown"

conc nades have a pretty distinct mind-game and instant knockdown with higher damage than sec nade function