Poison Dart Visual Effect

Kaj

[So, I did do a search and I didn't see anything about this, but sorry if this is in the wrong place, or someone already mentioned it.]
So I noticed in the descriptions and such of the Poison Dart for BH that it drains HP/FP, and 'distorts vision', but all I see it do is add a green visual effect to people, which is hardly a type of distortion.

So, is it just me, or does everyone think it should do a screen-warping effect like if you got pricked by the interrogation droids in Jedi Outcast?

Last edited:
I am all for supa's idea. Because concussion grenades are only good for suicide bombs, killing low hp players, or people who don't have a proper get up.
You would need to sacrifice 28 points for them to actually be worth it.

For poison darts, there has to be some kind of filter that doesn't attack the frame rate.
Because im confused how changing colors on your screen can hurt frames.

What about making it really dark?
Like lowering the contrast settings on said player for a short duration.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
I am all for supa's idea. Because concussion grenades are only good for suicide bombs, killing low hp players, or people who don't have a proper get up.
You would need to sacrifice 28 points for them to actually be worth it.
inverting someones controls when they get concd... I don't see how this is a good idea at all... I love concs and already think they are really strong. distorting vision is okay, but no feature should ever jack up someones controls.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If we were to invert controls the damage would be lowered and they wouldn't knock down at all. They would be true to their name, in that they disturb their target rather than simply do a deceiving amount of damage and knock down. We had enough knockdowns without concussion grenades in the game.

Preston

Nerd
If we were to invert controls the damage would be lowered and they wouldn't knock down at all. They would be true to their name, in that they disturb their target rather than simply do a deceiving amount of damage and knock down. We had enough knockdowns without concussion grenades in the game.
Yes cause this totally wouldn't cause massive tks

think about how many people would run into their own teams fire if you inverted the controls.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
No more than sonic grenades. I'm not a fan of not changing something because "people will use it to team damage". That's not really our problem, it's up to a server owner to make sure that their admin are taking care of that kind of shit. I imagine assisting in a team kill happens as often as actually purposefully TKing, but people don't get caught so they don't think they're wrong.

Preston

Nerd
No more than sonic grenades. I'm not a fan of not changing something because "people will use it to team damage". That's not really our problem, it's up to a server owner to make sure that their admin are taking care of that kind of shit. I imagine assisting in a team kill happens as often as actually purposefully TKing, but people don't get caught so they don't think they're wrong.
no. what im saying is if someone gets concd. They will get all confused cause there controls will be reversed. So if a gunner is behind them, they will most likely run into the persons fire behind them. And if a jedi got concd, they would most likely accidentally saber a team member.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
no. what im saying is if someone gets concd. They will get all confused cause there controls will be reversed. So if a gunner is behind them, they will most likely run into the persons fire behind them. And if a jedi got concd, they would most likely accidentally saber a team member.
I would actually say that's an intended feature. However, because it would violate the forum terms of service I'm not going to continue this line of thought.

Supa I am throwing you ideas for poison, at-least tell me a no, or its stupid or wont work on a technical reason.
Or at-least explain how the hell color filters destroy frame rates.

Just "Git gud" though.
After all its easy as walking.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I didn't post here to argue lol. It's just my opinion and nothing will change it :p (about poison darts)

Preston

Nerd
Supa I am throwing you ideas for poison, at-least tell me a no, or its stupid or wont work on a technical reason.
Or at-least explain how the hell color filters destroy frame rates.

Just "Git gud" though.
After all its easy as walking.
I like how you think I said git gud, but anyways. It is not easy as walking lol. Dont even try to derail this topic.
And inverting controls would easily cayse massive acidental tking. I dont even need to argue against this because the dev team will never add something like this in, unless they completly lost their minds.

And @Supa accidental tking would be a "intended feature" HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Last edited:
If you are dumb enough to mouse 1 while being blinded, disoriented, or anything.
You deserve all those team kill points.
(This is also applying to poison, because poison is supposed to fuck up your screen.)
It's actually easier than walking because you just simply don't attack, or even do anything. Infact just stand still.

Also I can see you diden't use the ignore feature like you were told too.
I am using it but for some reason I am retarded enough to click the "Show ignored content" button.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
If you are dumb enough to mouse 1 while being blinded, disoriented, or anything.
You deserve all those team kill points.
It's actually easier than walking because you just simply don't attack, or even do anything. Just stand still.

Also I can see you diden't use the ignore feature like you were told too.
Lol just cause supa tells me to use tha ignore feature doesnt mean I need to. And so you are saying that if you got concd you would just stand there? Isnt that the same thing that happens now? Lmao

but how is this fun for anyone?

wouldn't it be better to just rename them, instead of adding pure annoyance features to fit the name?

Lol just cause supa tells me to use tha ignore feature doesnt mean I need to. And so you are saying that if you got concd you would just stand there? Isnt that the same thing that happens now? Lmao
Assuming it inverts the controls, and my experience with playing the game I would just attempt to get into cover.
Seeing as it doesn't knock down anymore, I don't need to be afraid of them.
If inverting my controls is all it does, then all I need to do is press the opposite direction button and hide.

I am also going to apply that to poison as well, if there is any weird bullshit on my screen.
I would just hide and wait it out, or "meditate" if that works for the other classes.

Preston

Nerd
but how is this fun for anyone?

wouldn't it be better to just rename them, instead of adding pure annoyance features to fit the name?
^ invert controls would just be an annoyan e, and would be removed after all the complaints a month later anyways probably

Preston

Nerd
Assuming it inverts the controls, and my experience with playing the game I would just attempt to get into cover.
Seeing as it doesn't knock down anymore, I don't need to be afraid of them.
If inverting my controls is all it does, then all I need to do is press the opposite direction button and hide.
Did you think about the new players that would get concd and most likely just hold m1 and get tkd and tk others. This feature would never get added, and would be a massive mistake.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Is getting knocked down instead more fun?

Did you think about the new players that would get concd and most likely just hold m1 and get tkd and tk others. This feature would never get added, and would be a massive mistake.
Yeah fuck new players, we shouldn't casualize the game to accommodate them.
They can eat shit like I did while learning the game, infact its easier for them to learn now seeing as I is one of the few dedicated people to tutoring them.
And then you got Agent doing saber training for the most complicated class.
They can git gud.

Is getting knocked down instead more fun?
If your a class that can almost instant recover, knock downs are not really a problem.
But if your like soldier, clone, ET, or a SBD. Then I can see bad times.