Offensive Blue murdered in 1.4?

Eazy E

Banned
Blue has been slowed down in 1.4 almost like slow blue from the old days but the 2 hit combo completely destroys any chance at offence even building acm to +11 will still get you rekt with the lack of any offensive capabilities, I would like to recommend a 3 hit combo for blue style as a minimum not only so that offensive blue players wont have to build their dueling styles from the ground up again but also so the defensive blue players will be able to actually launch an offence once they get a decent amount of acm.

From the committee of blue users.
Signed - EazyE.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

Then you're asking for a complete redesign of the saber system. All combos are the same speed, even in 1.3.

Which I believe was one of my suggestions in my suggestions thread, about reducing combo speed for certain styles, like staff, yellow, and red.

All combos are the same speed, even in 1.3.

luBuF3T.gif

No.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

Go test them. Combo with every single style, and time the difference during hits. Besides the first swing, all combos are pretty much identical in speed.

It shocked me too, but I got over it. A D A D on a target with Cyan, is the same speed as A D A D on a target with yellow.

Go test them. Combo with every single style, and time the difference during hits. Besides the first swing, all combos are pretty much identical in speed.

It shocked me too, but I got over it. A D A D on a target with Cyan, is the same speed as A D A D on a target with yellow.

No. You said that "All" combos are the same speed.....meaning all stances. This is incorrect. Someone who is able to properly use blue combos at its current speed can easily stun lock a user of red/purple. Either way, we're getting off topic. My two cents is that swing speed should stay same for blue as is in 1.3. There's 0 need to change it with the new nudge/duel system that is being incorporated.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No. You said that "All" combos are the same speed.....meaning all stances. This is incorrect. Someone who is able to properly use blue combos at its current speed can easily stun lock a user of red/purple. Either way, we're getting off topic. My two cents is that swing speed should stay same for blue as is in 1.3. There's 0 need to change it with the new nudge/duel system that is being incorporated.

That is because you're not using combos on blue, you're using half swings. The difference is the timing inbetween halfswings on blue is almost nonexistent depending on the swings you're using. For instance, if someone is facehugging you while you have blue, you can just hold down SA and rapid fire swings like a machine gun, again, not a combo, just half swings. Also, if you're stunlocking a red/purple user, it is because they aren't counter swinging properly, and are just using dry single swings. If you counter swing, you immediately go into combo-speed.

All *combos* are exactly the same speed as one another. The swing speed for blue is the same as in 1.3, again, the difference is just nudge. Blue half swings aren't as special in 1.4 as they are in 1.3.

Last edited:
All *combos* are exactly the same speed as one another.

No...they are not. If red's combos were as fast as blue, no one would use the other stances. Red is the strongest stance that does the most bp dmg. The fact that blue is faster makes it a great counter stance to red/purple.

Have a dev clarify.

The swing speeds used to be different. Then they were the same. Then different again.
Could be just the animations and attack range. If your swing is a small snip like blue, has less to travel especially compared to red or purple.
They do look slower. How do you know they're the same? I knowz! You get a chump t hold block, swing at a certain time frame, see how many milliseconds have passed when it hit:)

And of course you're limited to how fast you can press the keys on you're keyboard when combo'ing:)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No...they are not. If red's combos were as fast as blue, no one would use the other stances. Red is the strongest stance that does the most bp dmg. The fact that blue is faster makes it a great counter stance to red/purple.

Almost everyone does use Red. But again, the difference you're seeing, is windup time. The first swing is faster on blue than it is on Red, so if you attack with single swings, you can go INTO combos faster, but the combos are still the same speed.

Almost everyone does use Red. But again, the difference you're seeing, is windup time. The first swing is faster on blue than it is on Red, so if you attack with single swings, you can go INTO combos faster, but the combos are still the same speed.

You're contradicting yourself. If the first swing is faster, then by definition, the combo would be faster. I don't even understand why you are attempting to argue this. Blue is faster, than red. Trying to argue that red is the same speed is like trying to convince someone that the sky is naturally red.

Eazy E

Banned
All styles are the same speed in 1.4 with proper nudging, so what?
Why you always gotta bitch? Slower windup + smaller combo = overall slower the time it takes a blue user to land 4 hits is half the time it takes cyan in 1.4.

Edit: From what I have noticed not all combo speeds are the same, red's delayed combo (miss a hit wd, a) if you only count the speed of the 2nd and 3rd hits since they are halfswings, isn't as fast as w d a combo from blue (which from what I have noticed is one of the fastest combo in game.) I'm guessing the halfswings aren't all the same speed for all styles.

Another edit: Devs pls don't lock this if it turns toxic I just wanna see how much of the community wants to save blue's combo.

Last edited:
Well back to the topic of blue, i think 2 hit combos are fine because there is a small delay between them in which YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PBLOCK it also doesn't affect acm build-up because I THINK that you build acm every 2 hits instead of every 6-8 hits(or whatever it was for blue in 1.3) 3 hit combos would make yellows acm build-up equal to blue which isn't the goal it would also have a negative affect on popular blue combos because they wouldn't build acm(such as d+aw and a+d)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Blue can be played very aggressively even with 2 hits. It just takes skill with nudge timings. You gotta train specifically for blues fast nudges and then you'll be able to unleash flurries of attacks. The best part of this is that you'll be getting alot more ACM than if you were simply spamming 3-4 hit combos. It isn't easy, so that may put some people off. But should all styles be really easy to master? I don't think so.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
You're contradicting yourself. If the first swing is faster, then by definition, the combo would be faster. I don't even understand why you are attempting to argue this. Blue is faster, than red. Trying to argue that red is the same speed is like trying to convince someone that the sky is naturally red.

The first swing is faster, the combo is not faster. If you counter combo the first swing on cyan, with Red, your swings will both land at the same time, and cancel each other out, unless you miss the parries. Blue is only faster on the first swing, which doesn't mean much, again, my point being that the combos are all the same speed, and blue's initial swing is the same in 1.4 as in 1.3, so there has been no change except nudge. You never combo with blue anyway, because the half swings simply allow you to get more swings out. However the timing for the swing to activate and become damaging, is the same on all combos for all styles.

I don't see why this is difficult for you to understand.

Also, just piss on your parade further, the sky is actually every color except the one that you see, because it absorbs those colors, and reflects blue light.

Why you always gotta bitch? Slower windup + smaller combo = overall slower the time it takes a blue user to land 4 hits is half the time it takes cyan in 1.4.

Edit: From what I have noticed not all combo speeds are the same, red's delayed combo (miss a hit wd, a) if you only count the speed of the 2nd and 3rd hits since they are halfswings, isn't as fast as w d a combo from blue (which from what I have noticed is one of the fastest combo in game.) I'm guessing the halfswings aren't all the same speed for all styles.

Another edit: Devs pls don't lock this if it turns toxic I just wanna see how much of the community wants to save blue's combo.

Half swings don't count as combos. What part of that do you not understand? Take a standard red combo, WA D SA, and compare the 2nd and 3rd swings to a blue combo of say SD WA D. You'll discover that the ACTUAL COMBO PARTS, are the same speed. Unless you pause the blue swings, and turn them into half swings. Why? Because I told you before, Blue has less of a delay before it can start a dry half swing.

Eazy E, I believe that if you can apply yourself, you can understand difficult concepts like the one I'm putting forth. It may be a challenge for you, for some weird reason possibly deriving from the fact that you cannot read effectively either, but do at the very least try for me.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Spoken like someone who doesn't know how to use the stance. We're going to settle this in MB2. Obviously words are too difficult and I'm tired of wasting my time speaking to some newbie who thinks he understands a stance I've spent years using. See you in game.

Tell me, if single half swings have less pause between the time that you can use them, compared to a combo, why would you use the combo? Half swings deal the same damage as combo swings, and you can put more of them into the opponent's face faster. So rather than comboing with SD WA D, you can just do SD D SD D SD D SD D, and get like 5 hits before they even get off the ground.

And sure?

By the way, I love how people, when they're losing arguments, just turn to taking a single quote they think they're capable of defending, out of an entire argument, and just say 'Meet me in the playground after school.'