Offensive Blue murdered in 1.4?

Eazy E

Banned
Blue has been slowed down in 1.4 almost like slow blue from the old days but the 2 hit combo completely destroys any chance at offence even building acm to +11 will still get you rekt with the lack of any offensive capabilities, I would like to recommend a 3 hit combo for blue style as a minimum not only so that offensive blue players wont have to build their dueling styles from the ground up again but also so the defensive blue players will be able to actually launch an offence once they get a decent amount of acm.

From the committee of blue users.
Signed - EazyE.

blue would be fine with 1 swing limit per combo in 1.4 just because of how ridiculous nudging with it is

Eazy E

Banned
yh Nudging with it is powerful but it is not the only style capable of abusing nudge look at cyan does that get a 2 hit combo?

i dont see your point

blue is perfectly fine with a 2 swing limit, as it stands now you can't even tell whats comboing because the swings are so fast and close together

Eazy E

Banned
i dont see your point

blue is perfectly fine with a 2 swing limit, as it stands now you can't even tell whats comboing because the swings are so fast and close together
My point is other styles faster then blue that can use nudge just as efficiently as blue don't get a combo nerf and eventhough single hits are fast combos will always have the upper hand cyan combos are faster then blue single hits (unless the blue user can nudge every single hit) how do you expect a blue user to stand any chance vs cyan? They might be able to parry and build acm, but landing constant hits with acm is impossible with a small combo.

is this theorycrafting or did you have a lot of trouble vs cyan with blue in the beta?

increasing the number of swings blue gets in a combo will have absolutely 0 impact if you're nudging vs cyan because you aren't comboing regardless, so i really dont see any issue here

Eazy E

Banned
I understand what your saying that nudging single hits would give you the same speed as a combo and it would but another point is that this would make for little to no versatility for blue style in 1.4.
Let me explain that, in 1.3 (even though it is an awful build for saber dueling) it was more versatile when it came to blue you could be pure defensive, offensive or a mix in 1.4 there seems to be only 1 way of playing blue and that's through the use of single hits and even though you can technically use it offensively I think most would prefer a combo for offensive purposes. I know your gonna say well you can use single hits for offence if you can nudge well but I just prefer the versatility to be there. It's not about which one is better, It's more about having the option to use which one you like.

Nothing to see here move along.
In my opinion blue was dead, killed forever ago. The case is still unsolved to this day.

I don't understand a light saber style that doesn't cut and instant kill.
It's a lightsaber.

Attachments

• murdered blue.png
    murdered blue.png
    619.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Nothing to see here move along.
In my opinion blue was dead, killed forever ago. The case is still unsolved to this day.

I don't understand a light saber style that doesn't cut and instant kill.
It's a lightsaber.
It does cut, it just never hits weak points from the first time. :)
It tends to make non-lethal scratches first.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
My point is other styles faster then blue that can use nudge just as efficiently as blue don't get a combo nerf and eventhough single hits are fast combos will always have the upper hand cyan combos are faster then blue single hits (unless the blue user can nudge every single hit) how do you expect a blue user to stand any chance vs cyan? They might be able to parry and build acm, but landing constant hits with acm is impossible with a small combo.

Another failure of your observational skills. Cyan has a faster windup for singular swings, but all combos have identical speed. Blue has an edge in speed, though, if you can time swings, simply because you can chain half swings with virtually no time in-between.

I should have known that even in 1.4 you'd whine about Cyan.

Preston

Nerd
Another failure of your observational skills. Cyan has a faster windup for singular swings, but all combos have identical speed. Blue has an edge in speed, though, if you can time swings, simply because you can chain half swings with virtually no time in-between.

well I mean, you are the one who said in 1.4 cyan is much stronger correct?

Lol you and your hard on for cyan style...I don't know if you would have been able to survive in the older builds.

I would like to recommend a 3 hit combo for blue style.

Blue doesn't need a 3 hit combo. I just doesn't need an unnecessary speed nerf. Making Blue as slow as yellow defeats the purpose of there being a blue stance.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Lol you and your hard on for cyan style...I don't know if you would have been able to survive in the older builds.

By doing what I do now, which is to use Yellow, Red, Staff, Purple, Duals, Blue, and Cyan to their maximum bullshit potential. The only thing I don't do, is swap to Red for 3 hit counter combos.

Blue doesn't need a 3 hit combo. I just doesn't need an unnecessary speed nerf. Making Blue as slow as yellow defeats the purpose of there being a blue stance.

Blue is as fast as any other style in 1.4. It also functions just fine against Cyan, Raptor and I dueled for 5 minutes at a time (Never really finished a duel due to the match ending before we got one another lower than 60 BP) with his blue against my cyan, and never once did I feel like either was at a disadvantage or an advantage. However, yellow, has a definite advantage over any other style.

well I mean, you are the one who said in 1.4 cyan is much stronger correct?

Yup, it is, but so is blue. He whines about 1.3 cyan, and 1.4 cyan. Even though he should be more afraid of 1.4 Yellow.

Blue is as fast as any other style in 1.4.

It's not supposed to be as fast as every other style. It's supposed to be the fastest weak style with it's only speed rival being cyan. Changing the speed of the stance was a mistake made several builds back. I hope it doesn't return to that. Especially if flinch reacts the way its supposed to in the final product.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
It's not supposed to be as fast as every other style. It's supposed to be the fastest weak style with it's only speed rival being cyan. Changing the speed of the stance was a mistake made several builds back. I hope it doesn't return to that. Especially if flinch reacts the way its supposed to in the final product.

All styles are the same speed in 1.4 with proper nudging, so what?