Offensive Blue murdered in 1.4?

Eazy E

Banned
Blue has been slowed down in 1.4 almost like slow blue from the old days but the 2 hit combo completely destroys any chance at offence even building acm to +11 will still get you rekt with the lack of any offensive capabilities, I would like to recommend a 3 hit combo for blue style as a minimum not only so that offensive blue players wont have to build their dueling styles from the ground up again but also so the defensive blue players will be able to actually launch an offence once they get a decent amount of acm.

From the committee of blue users.
Signed - EazyE.

anyone else noticed that achilles tends to hijack threads by turning them into pointless arguments

Pretty sure everyone has by now. But, I was bored and could not let his stupidity continue. I have slapped him with the white glove as a result.

No, we don't. I believe it addresses the very fundamental nature of this thread.

Was offensive blue...murdered and whodunit?

Think, we have conflicting opinions. Neither side budges.:eek:
So................
When reason cannot sway, the sabers must play!:rolleyes:

Of course on the face of it its ridiculous. Ass has been through several different duel systems and played consistently well, well-as new-troll, allegedly, was posting his expert feedback 11 hours after playing for the first timeo_O

This is documented. This is history. This is....MB!:p

Can someone indoctrinated into the Gar cult, Knights of God was it? make sense?
Time will tell. ;)

No, we don't. I believe it addresses the very fundamental nature of this thread.

Was offensive blue...murdered and whodunit?

Think, we have conflicting opinions. Neither side budges.:eek:
So................
When reason cannot sway, the sabers must play!:rolleyes:

Of course on the face of it its ridiculous. Ass has been through several different duel systems and played consistently well, well-as new-troll, allegedly, was posting his expert feedback 11 hours after playing for the first timeo_O

This is documented. This is history. This is....MB!:p

Can someone indoctrinated into the Gar cult, Knights of God was it? make sense?
Time will tell. ;)
What is your purpose?

Eazy E

Banned
Lel.
Yh blue can be played offensively with nudges.
And defensive blue is extremely powerful if you pblock in between single hits (will be powerful in 1.4 keeping in mind full pb now stops combos)
I made this thread just to see if we could make blue slightly more versatile, and both SeV and Andrew are 100% correct in saying nudging can make for powerful offence like it did in pre 1.1 (Thanks to 24_sheogorath for teaching me that). But this thread seems to have been hijacked by the mighty all knowing Achilles whom has indisputable knowledge on every saber style and mechanic in game, who's every suggestion is a 100% accurate depiction of what MB2 should be. Let us make cyan and staff more spammable, let us make yellow slower; if only to appease the mighty god of mb2 dueling.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Lel.
And defensive blue is extremely powerful if you pblock in between single hits (will be powerful in 1.4 keeping in mind full pb now stops combos)
I made this thread just to see if we could make blue slightly more versatile, and both SeV and Andrew are 100% correct in saying nudging can make for powerful offence like it did in pre 1.1 (Thanks to 24_sheogorath for teaching me that). But this thread seems to have been hijacked by the mighty all knowing Achilles whom has indisputable knowledge on every saber style and mechanic in game, who's every suggestion is a 100% accurate depiction of what MB2 should be. Let us make cyan and staff more spammable, let us make yellow slower; if only to appease the mighty god of mb2 dueling.

Oh no, how dare I hijack a thread about blue in 1.4, to talk about blue in 1.4.

Lel.

I just don't think it needs a third combo. In saber fights, blue to me has always been for the quick counter hits or backwhacks. On top of that, depending on how good people are, they are going to be probably pblocking the 2nd hit.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I just don't think it needs a third combo. In saber fights, blue to me has always been for the quick counter hits or backwhacks. On top of that, depending on how good people are, they are going to be probably pblocking the 2nd hit.

I agree with you, sort of. I fought against an insanely good EU blue duelist a couple days ago (recorded some demos of him fighting Kael too so I can learn), named Lord Bones. He showed me some things with Blue and Cyan. All he really did was single swings and the occasional 2 hit combo, and he was staggeringly effective on both offense and defense. I don't think he'd be hurt with the 'speed change' of 1.4, since he was just really good at timing swings.