Next patch hype thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Cyan needs to be changed because the fundamental thought process behind the perk is completely at odds with the entire saber system. If it was a matter of balancing cyan, you could just make the perk weaker. But the perk needs to go because it is in conflict with the other mechanics of the system and because it does not require any skill to use. In-fact, it requires an inversely disproportionate amount of skill to negate the perk. What I mean is, you need no effort to use cyan, but you need alot of skill to negate it.

Anything that takes no skill to use but alot of skill to defend against needs to be looked at.

What you fail to realize, Sev, is that the perk does *nothing*

It doesn't take disproportionate skill to fight against, it just takes a mindset change, from spamming single hits to gain AC, to using full combos, and timing slaps. Again, Blue is WAAAAY stronger than Cyan for the exact same reason, and requires a similar mindset change to beat.

If Parrying is broken, then fix parry, don't just remove the most unique and fun aspect of a style... make it take skill, if you believe it doesn't. Taking out a unique perk, and replacing it with (I'm going to take a wild guess and say you did something dumb and made it PB related as 'skill') a PB perk.

So what if Cyan is harder to beat than it is to use, it is literal garbage at high levels. DUALS are harder to beat than to use against bad players, but against good players duals are damned near worthless, save for the Kata/Stab AC.

The issue that annoys the hell out of me, is that you people decided to take an interesting style, and one with a lot of potential, and gut it.

There are SO MANY THINGS you could have done to make it better, a true, fun representation of Makashi, and yet you remove the perk, for completely inane reasons.

Last edited:
Next patch hype thread?

Every duel scene from Dark Forces 2 recreated. New duel maps, maps in general, maps galore!

Alternate form of Valley of the Jedi. The one with the tower and not the cut scene version.

Also, toggle for force jump 3 that switches out between the default 'float like a butterfly' force jump and the Dark Forces 2 force jump where you charge the force jump for release to rocket up into the air - a la Luke when they try to freeze him. Great escape plus the sound was delicious.

Let's not forget the great lack of Kyle vs Desii in Yavin Temple, final boss fight of JO. Didn't we have that map or why not just take it from JO and upgrade it for mb2?

And of course, the first reborn Kyle fights!

And of course, Vader's castle where Jaden finally gets rid of Roshelle.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
What you fail to realize, Sev, is that the perk does *nothing*

It doesn't take disproportionate skill to fight against, it just takes a mindset change, from spamming single hits to gain AC, to using full combos, and timing slaps. Again, Blue is WAAAAY stronger than Cyan for the exact same reason, and requires a similar mindset change to beat.

If Parrying is broken, then fix parry, don't just remove the most unique and fun aspect of a style... make it take skill, if you believe it doesn't. Taking out a unique perk, and replacing it with (I'm going to take a wild guess and say you did something dumb and made it PB related as 'skill') a PB perk.

So what if Cyan is harder to beat than it is to use, it is literal garbage at high levels. DUALS are harder to beat than to use against bad players, but against good players duals are damned near worthless, save for the Kata/Stab AC.

The issue that annoys the hell out of me, is that you people decided to take an interesting style, and one with a lot of potential, and gut it.

There are SO MANY THINGS you could have done to make it better, a true, fun representation of Makashi, and yet you remove the perk, for completely inane reasons.

lol I rest my case.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Amazing. Totally refuted all of my points like a mature intelligent adult capable of creating well worded arguments. Your reasoning is truly impressive, and I'm glad that your decisions have weight on the future of this mod.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Counters with yellow work vs spammy cyan, yes. However, cyan not being spammed beats yellow. Tried different stuff with Kael right after you left tonight and that's how it worked out when I wasn't getting sidewhacked from the front every other round. I could go into more detail but it probably wouldn't matter given that most people that see why it needs to get changed just get walls of text saying they ignored you when you're missing the actual points being shown.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Counters with yellow work vs spammy cyan, yes. However, cyan not being spammed beats yellow. Tried different stuff with Kael right after you left tonight and that's how it worked out when I wasn't getting sidewhacked from the front every other round. I could go into more detail but it probably wouldn't matter given that most people that see why it needs to get changed just get walls of text saying they ignored you when you're missing the actual points being shown.

So then why do Kael AND SeaOtter both disagree with you?

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
^ Because you seem to worship the ground upon which these two relatively new duelists walk, seemingly blissfully ignorant to what other duelists are saying. I have respect for SeaOtter (dueled him once, seems like a nice guy) and I am impressed with how good he is in so short a time span.

Cyan is a noob's style. Ask any EU Duelist. Kael would say otherwise as he is pretty average with any other style (something of interest: duel him, win him, and notice how he'll switch to cyan in a desperate last stand)

There's a reason why none of the big EU Dueling clans (GJO and Cultist) teach their new members cyan, nor encourage it. There's a reason the top 5 eu duelists don't use it. However I see a fair amount of US duelists using it, with justifications such as 'blue and red are op, so i will use this' (aka they don't know how to adapt nor counter aforementioned styles)

Cyan can be countered, of course. My issue, however, pertains to how inherently strong the style is; the lack of a risk vs reward mechanism; how much of an advantage average cyan has over average any other style.

I can make a video later on of my cyan just for the lols, just to show how easy it is.

At least on EU Servers, we have no respect for anyone that actively encourages using Cyan as a default style. It's a crutch, and indicative of a mediocre player. Thank fuck it's being worked on. Hopefully when the next patch comes, it'll separate the men from the boys* (*read: 'i started dueling 2 months ago and i know what style is OP and what isn't')

ASIDE: it amazes me how this Achilles dude is literally throwing shade at so many eu duelists, or the dev team and beta testers. You know Stassin? SeV? Among the best EU duelists, and have been for several years. You probably didn't know that, because you've only been playing for about 2 hours and the only duelist you seem to know is a cyan user who preaches homophobia in youtube videos.

You have no idea how long players such as SeV have been playing, how much input they have had over the years. The things they have given the community (guides, assistance, etc). Such audacity. Definitely a GAR member.

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
In-fact, it requires an inversely disproportionate amount of skill to negate the perk. What I mean is, you need no effort to use cyan, but you need alot of skill to negate it.

truer words have never been spoken, SeV.

and its funny to see Achilles desperately trying to keep the op perk in. Another cyan user, no doubt.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Just as an aside - here's some duels I did earlier on with Cyan (I don't claim to be 'good' at it - that's the point) against some very decent duelists who have been practicing their styles for ages.
Cyan is very balanced, yo. Twitch

Status
Not open for further replies.