Next patch hype thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
could this involve perks having a smaller impact in open mode?
I've always found most perks focused on saber vs saber(excluding the strong styles and blues near useless invinci-slap) cyans acrobatic perk isnt too helpful (you're vulnerable on the wall and you can just run under a jedi/sith spamming jump), I always found red and purples perks kinda weird because u can just use purple until u get up close and then switch to blue/yellow without any punishment and little delay
that word is not welcome in a hype thread

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Alright, we're allowing this thread to stay open for discussion, however there will be no more information revealed about the changes for 1.4. Also keep in mind that what you may want to happen probably won't, so don't get your hopes up that everything you think is wrong with the game will get changed in some way in the immediate future.

This is also not a thread for you to come and complain about what you don't like. Either keep that to yourself, or make your own thread that has a detailed summation of what you'd like to see. If this thread turns into a bitch-fest, with people moaning and complaining about things in an uncivilized manner, I'll just close the thread.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Just ignore Achilles. He's clearly a troll and someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

By gunners getting a buff you mean vs Jedi/Sith right? It has been looked at, and all I can say is that it'll take more skill to play Jedi/sith vs gunner now. The new patch will generally reward skillful play more than the current public version does.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that Jedi/Sith is OP given equal skill between gunner and jedi.

The new patch looks very well balanced, but ofc it's hard to tell from just a little beta testing.

Oh yes, I'm clearly a troll. Not like I play the game, and learn from skilled saberists or anything. Not like I've fought highly skilled cyan/blue users and discovered that blue is 10 times stronger than cyan. Not like I dropped Cyan in favor of yellow/staff because Cyan is literal garbage against anyone with a brain.

Want to know how to beat cyan? Pblock, and counter combo. Cyan deals 0 damage for offense. All of Cyan's power comes from interrupts and ACM 6 hit combos. A cyan user *cannot* kill you, if you simply backtrack and pblock 50% of their swings, they'll lose most of their BP trying to do so, and instantly die when you time a proper counter combo with yellow. Go ahead, give it a try. Just walk backwards, let the Cyan user come at you, don't even swing at him unless you slap him. Just counter combo spam.

Preston

Nerd
Oh also I'm hoping (but doubting) for Mando's to get a quick get up. Open mode perks to be less impact full. SBD's hs bonus to get lowerd. Nerf reds half damage perk. Getting charged pistols back (very doubtful). Getting toro freeze back (very very doubtful). And getting the old saber twirl back, but fixed where it doesn't insta swing. And the old saber turn off with heal

Preston

Nerd
Oh yes, I'm clearly a troll. Not like I play the game, and learn from skilled saberists or anything. Not like I've fought highly skilled cyan/blue users and discovered that blue is 10 times stronger than cyan. Not like I dropped Cyan in favor of yellow/staff because Cyan is literal garbage against anyone with a brain.

Want to know how to beat cyan? Pblock, and counter combo. Cyan deals 0 damage for offense. All of Cyan's power comes from interrupts and ACM 6 hit combos. A cyan user *cannot* kill you, if you simply backtrack and pblock 50% of their swings, they'll lose most of their BP trying to do so, and instantly die when you time a proper counter combo with yellow.
hazah he admitted it! right?..

Well, I can't say anything x.x

You'll just have to wait and see.
Why so much secrecy though?
If this is to prevent backlash, do you want to deal with people creating rage threads now or later?

If I were in that kind of situation I would want to get the rage out of the way.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The last time I remember charged shot was when I beaned some poor sucker in the head at the beginning of main corridor on DOTF with a fully charged pistol 2 shot from the top of the steps in throne room...

That's how long it's been. I can't even remember when that was actually just a straight shoot from main to throne.
Why so much secrecy though?
Because I said so.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Want to know how to beat cyan? Pblock, and counter combo. Cyan deals 0 damage for offense. All of Cyan's power comes from interrupts and ACM 6 hit combos. A cyan user *cannot* kill you, if you simply backtrack and pblock 50% of their swings, they'll lose most of their BP trying to do so, and instantly die when you time a proper counter combo with yellow. Go ahead, give it a try. Just walk backwards, let the Cyan user come at you, don't even swing at him unless you slap him. Just counter combo spam.

Thanks for the great tip. Please teach me more o great master. It's not like my 9 years of playing MBII and 14 years of Jedi Outcast/Academy counts for anything when compared with the vast skill and knowledge you've accumulated in your few months of playing.

Anyways. One thing I've always wanted to see in MBII is a new and refined dueling mode.

Time: Infinite
Players respawn 1 minute after death.
All lightsaber colors available for both sides /aka no real sith/jedi teams.

And with that, I'd like to see some cool, inventive dueling maps like a vertical tower with glass floors for dueling spaces and gaps in-between to jump up and down. Lava platform dueling, water platform dueling, A wider duel_dotf like area for dueling etc. Moving platform duels!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I basically hope that jedi/sith won't be nerfed, but I have a bad feeling about this. :(

At other hand, Movie Battles 2 team provide a great quality of releases for last 13 years. I trust them and I think balance of game wouldn't be broken on purpose.

And I'm hyped about new saber system, indeed. :)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Thanks for the great tip. Please teach me more o great master. It's not like my 9 years of playing MBII and 14 years of Jedi Outcast/Academy counts for anything when compared with the vast skill and knowledge you've accumulated in your few months of playing.

All that time and you never learned how to beat Cyan? Mmm, perhaps cyan at one point was overpowered, but in it's current state? I think you just hold a grudge against it. I don't claim to be the best player, but even at my level cyan becomes terrible. My cyan is almost matched with Kael's cyan, and anyone skillful can beat it. Which is precisely why I don't use cyan against anyone seriously good.

Preston

Nerd

Anyways. One thing I've always wanted to see in MBII is a new and refined dueling mode.

Time: Infinite
Players respawn 1 minute after death.
All lightsaber colors available for both sides /aka no real sith/jedi teams.

And with that, I'd like to see some cool, inventive dueling maps like a vertical tower with glass floors for dueling spaces and gaps in-between to jump up and down. Lava platform dueling, water platform dueling, A wider duel_dotf like area for dueling etc. Moving platform duels!
oh yeah dude I totally forgot about that amazing dueling mode thread awhile ago. If somethign like that doesnt get in next build the devs really need to look into adding it.

I basically hope that jedi/sith won't be nerfed, but I have a bad feeling about this. :(
at their current state there are many situations where they can just run through e-11 level 3 right click spam(with a majority of them hitting) sidestep and then slice u in half easily with 50 fp to spare

EDIT: sorry about the double post ;-;

Wait, platforming during duels?
Nooooop, you guys have fun with that shit.

I just finally mastered jetpacks, I don't think I have the patience for platforming during a fight.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
at their current state there are many situations where they can just run through e-11 level 3 right click spam(with a majority of them hitting) sidestep and then slice u in half easily with 50 fp to spare

EDIT: sorry about the double post ;-;

Would you rather them hide around corners all day?

Status
Not open for further replies.