Next patch hype thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Passive vs Active. What takes more skill, hitting a hero at sniper distance with a poison dart, or the hero having a point in dodge?
Poison dart is hit scan, so not that much harder. If you can't hit the hero with a poison dart you can't hit them with a sniper.

Infallible logic.

hitting a hero at sniper distance with a poison dart
poison dart is hitscan + heroes have dodge points that regen pretty slowly if u get enough body hits they wont be able to dodge anymore for some time then you just lure them out and kill them

Preston

Nerd
Maybe if you're super, super, super good at being a gunner. I did see SeaOtter go like 172-2 on open as an Imp Commander against some fairly meaty players. I think he was using T-21 level 1 as well.
No, it should be even jedi and gunner. Which it pretty much is atm

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No, it should be even jedi and gunner. Which it pretty much is atm

Depends on the class of gunner. Honestly, I think all weapons should be balanced around E-11 level 1, and T-21 level 1. They require the most skill, and grant the most reward, out of all gunner weapons. Although, I haven't used Mando much, so I don't know if what they have is decent or not, but all other weapons are either vastly overpowered, or incredibly worthless, in comparison.

Preston

Nerd
Depends on the class of gunner. Honestly, I think all weapons should be balanced around E-11 level 1, and T-21 level 1. They require the most skill, and grant the most reward, out of all gunner weapons.
it shouldnt depend on the class of gunner imo. every class should be roughly equally strong. But they can be stronger vs one another in certain scenario.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Poison dart is hit scan, so not that much harder. If you can't hit the hero with a poison dart you can't hit them with a sniper.

Infallible logic.

If you can dodge a wrench.

Preston said:
it shouldnt depend on the class of gunner imo. every class should be roughly equally strong. But they can be stronger vs one another in certain scenario.

And yet it very much depends on the class of gunner. Wookiee > All gunners. 'Cept bounty hunter on a huge open map.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Eh, more or less. Multi-life classes are supposed to be a fraction as powerful as single-life classes. So a single life of a two-life commander would be about 50% as strong as a hero.
You would hate to get into a melee or projectile duel with me.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd

Believe me, I don't like the sniping in MBII, and I don't do melee hardly at all. You'll likely stomp me.

However, I would like to master T-21 primary. It is so skill:reward heavy that it makes me wet.

Preston

Nerd
Eh, more or less. Multi-life classes are supposed to be a fraction as powerful as single-life classes. So a single life of a two-life commander would be about 50% as strong as a hero.

yeah ik

Preston

Nerd

And yet it very much depends on the class of gunner. Wookiee > All gunners. 'Cept bounty hunter on a huge open map.
wookie all gunners? What game are you playing lol. Hero is way better than wookiee and Et and commander are also better than wookie

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
wookie all gunners? What game are you playing lol. Hero is way better than wookiee and Et and commander are also better than wookie

Wookiees don't fight heroes, do they? Wookiee can 1 shot kill Commander. Bowcaster is pretty much a full-auto version of T-21 primary, on a class with 400 health.

Preston

Nerd
Wookiees don't fight heroes, do they? Wookiee can 1 shot kill Commander. Bowcaster is pretty much a full-auto version of T-21 primary, on a class with 400 health.
you said wookiee>all gunner classes. And t21 destroysss wookies. I guess you are not a "master" with t-21 yet

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
you said wookiee>all gunner classes. And t21 destroysss wookies. I guess you are not a "master" with t-21 yet

T-21 does not destroy Wookiees. Perhaps secondary fire gives you a slightly better chance, but Bowcaster is vastly superior to T-21.

I would pay money to see a demo of you taking on 2 decent wookiees with level 1 T-21.

Preston

Nerd
T-21 does not destroy Wookiees. Perhaps secondary fire gives you a slightly better chance, but Bowcaster is vastly superior to T-21.

I would pay money to see a demo of you taking on 2 decent wookiees with level 1 T-21.
level 1? why would you use level 1 vs a wookie with bowcaster 3 lmao

just found out that you can ignore people and you don't see their posts anymore. I'd advise you to use that feature ;)

Preston

Nerd
Who said anything about Bowcaster 3? Bowcaster 2 is T-21 primary on full auto as is. Anywho, if T-21 destroys wookiees, prove it.
T21 Level 3 vs Bowcaster level 3. T21 is way better. especially with two lives. And anyways lets get back to the hype thread not the argument thread

Why does Cyan need a nerf at all?
In a duel even a decent yellow user can overwhelm it.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Why does Cyan need a nerf at all?
In a duel even a decent yellow user can overwhelm it.

Because the Devs never learned how to do so, I guess.

And their argument will always fall to, 'Well, you've never fought a good Cyan user' or 'Well you suck with Cyan' or some nonsense like that.

Blue is SOOOO much stronger than Cyan.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Cyan needs to be changed because the fundamental thought process behind the perk is completely at odds with the entire saber system. If it was a matter of balancing cyan, you could just make the perk weaker. But the perk needs to go because it is in conflict with the other mechanics of the system and because it does not require any skill to use. In-fact, it requires an inversely disproportionate amount of skill to negate the perk. What I mean is, you need no effort to use cyan, but you need alot of skill to negate it.

Anything that takes no skill to use but alot of skill to defend against needs to be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.