Next patch hype thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping the devs wont listen to the bad players saying hero is op and nerfing it.

And maybe remove perks but that wont happen.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Would you rather them hide around corners all day?
To me that's a Jedi or Sith playing intelligently. But yeah, the running in, tanking shots and still having more than half their force pool available for them to use after a 1v1 fight has always struck me as irritating to play against.
I'm just hoping the devs wont listen to the bad players saying hero is op and nerfing it.

Hero isn't OP, it's just way too safe. Dash + proj = bleh. Both have their own problems, but together they just make me not want to play open mode. Always gonna be at least 3 or 4 of them on the other team.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
whats the point of having a gun if the whole enemy team is invincible to it(there are many cases where a team is all jedi or all sith)

The whole enemy team isn't invincible to it. All you have to do to kill a Jedi/Sith as a soldier, is grab a grenade, and throw it into him at point blank. 3 lives? Sith dead.

Want to kill a Jedi/Sith with a blaster? That takes significantly more skill, and some luck, but sure. Melee is super strong, keep in mind.

I think people are just annoyed with the dash animation more so than the skill.
The animation looks like a teleport, more than an actual dash.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Hero isn't OP, it's just way too safe. Dash + proj = bleh.

I agree. Dash and heal are insane abilities. If you have really good aim with P3, and good footwork, you are practically unstoppable as a hero.

I would personally prefer fighting 2 bounty hunters with poison, than a single hero, as a Jedi/Sith. The Hero just has so much room for error, it is insane.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
But even heal, which was my goto in most situations before dash was a thing, has been overshadowed by dash... And dodge is just sitting there in it's corner crying quietly to itself muttering "not like this, not like this".

Melee is super strong
maybe against an new jedi/sith who has no idea how to use force powers, punching a dude with a saber to death isnt exactly the easiest feat and you only get one saber per life, using its secondary isnt a guaranteed kill and using its primary is impossible to nail in a 1v1 unless they're not paying attention

But even heal, which was my goto in most situations before dash was a thing, has been overshadowed by dash... And dodge is just sitting there in it's corner crying quietly to itself muttering "not like this, not like this".
That doesn't sound like dodge at all, dodge wouldn't cry in a corner. He would just ignore the patch and stay unaffected.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
maybe against an new jedi/sith who has no idea how to use force powers, punching a dude with a saber to death isnt exactly the easiest feat and you only get one saber per life, using its secondary isnt a guaranteed kill and using its primary is impossible to nail in a 1v1 unless they're not paying attention

You shouldn't be expecting to kill a good Jedi/Sith alone as a gunner.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
whats up with heroes getting dodge and bh not? lol thats completely unfair

Because lightside gunners are broken, because good is for cool guys.

Just look at how insanely powerful Wookiee is compared to any Imp gunner class, including SBD. It practically 1 shots soldier/commander with ease on Bowcaster level 2. Let alone a proper fury rampage.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
whats up with heroes getting dodge and bh not? lol thats completely unfair
What's up with BH getting DLT and heroes not? That's completely unfair. :^)

Classes aren't meant to be exact mirrors of each other.

What's up with BH getting DLT and heroes not? That's completely unfair. :^)

Classes aren't meant to be exact mirrors of each other.
I agree but in a proj vs proj fight the hero gets the advantage because he can just dodge non-headshot hits
I know classes shouldnt be exact mirrors but they should at least be evenly matched with their counter-part or something similar, a sniper countering a sniper is quite odd

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I agree but in a proj vs proj fight the hero gets the advantage because he can just dodge non-headshot hits
Hit the hero with a poison dart, it stops dodge from working, if I remember correctly. Tool for tool makes the game even, friend.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Hit the hero with a poison dart, it stops dodge from working, if I remember correctly. Tool for tool makes the game even, friend.

Passive vs Active. What takes more skill, hitting a hero at sniper distance with a poison dart, or the hero having a point in dodge?

oh wow i didn't know that was a feature that REALLY should be added to the library somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.